Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 12:21   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Honda Elevate Starting at an introductory price of Rs. 10 99 900.

Honda Elevate Review-20230904_121932.jpg

Honda Elevate Review-smartselect_20230904122651_facebook.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th September 2023 at 12:27.
Venkatesh is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:23   #647
BHPian

Price is not aggressive, but not ambitious either. Comparison should be with new Seltos.

Seltos base model HTE 1.5P is Rs. 10,89,000 Vs Elevate SV Rs.10,99,900
Seltos top model HTX IVT 1.5P is Rs. 16,59,900 Vs Elevate ZX Rs. 15,99,900

Just appropriate pricing accounting plus and misses. Test drive only can be the decider for people like me sitting on the wall.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2023 at 16:05. Reason: Missing a zero in price; commas added
vivek_lo is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:25   #648
BHPian

Seems Honda has another dud on its place. All New City already has discounts between 25k-50k variant to variant and Elevate is priced on part to it ?!. Initial spike might be there and then it will taper out soon and settle around 1-2k per month. Personally I was expecting Elevate will be price 50K below City.
RedMaw is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:29   #649
BHPian

They could’ve been more aggressive with the pricing. When I picked up my city in 2022 they were offering upto 65k discounts, Elevate might see big discounting real soon.
If the Elevate was being offered with a turbo petrol the story would’ve been different altogether.
Why isn’t Honda bringing in their turbo engine to India?
Stop being lazy Honda or not too soon before you guys have to pack your bags.

Last edited by Auto spawn : 4th September 2023 at 12:32. Reason: Adding more sentences
Auto spawn is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:30   #650
BHPian

Honda has over-priced this one again comparing with the City which seems to be the much better and VFM car.

The starting price does undercut the City, but the City SV has more features than the Elevate V and the Elevate SV (which is 10.99 lakhs) misses out on Infotainment System, reverse camera, 4 airbags, rear defogger, TPMS, 3 headrest and 3 point seat belt at rear bench and a lot more as against the City SV. Heck it doesn't even get wheel caps. It should have undercut the City by at least 1 lakh or more.

Last edited by Djay : 4th September 2023 at 12:33. Reason: Updated based on price reveal for all variants
Djay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:31   #651
BHPian

Just recieved below prices from dealer:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-img20230904wa0000.jpg  

Gummybear is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:33   #652
BHPian

Honda evidently haven't learnt or don't believe that they are no longer a premium brand but a value brand :(

The City VX CVT is 14.88L (metallic) ex showroom BLR, this translates into an road price of approx 18.4 L (with extended warranty, 0 dep cover, et all).

The City ZX CVT is 16.11 L (metallic) ex showroom BLR, this translates into an road price of approx 20.19 L (with extended warranty, 0 dep cover, et all).

The Elevate VX CVT is 14.59L (ex showroom). So should be around 17.9L OTR BLR, while the Elevate ZX CVT is 16L (ex showroom) which means 20L OTR.

To add insult to injury metallic paint is 8k more and dual tone is 20 k more ! So essentially, they took years to develop the Elevate, decontented it and localised the crap out off it and it's still as expensive as the more premium City. Waah Honda, waah !

This is just nuts, both Elevate VX and ZX had to be cheaper as compared to City by atleast 75,000.

Overpriced and those who are patient will have good discounts by March next year for sure !

Of course it could also be a cunning plan by Honda India's incompetent management to keep a higher price and then discount it to tune of 50,000 after 6 months.

Oh Honda ! How you dissapoint your fans !

Last edited by Redline6800 : 4th September 2023 at 12:41.
Redline6800 is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:37   #653
BHPian

Honda OTR ZX CVT pricing in Bangalore will come around ~20L. Looks an aggressive one. It has slotted itself nicely less than Creta and Seltos and above Sonet. Clearly stating what it has to offer in comparison to other competitors.

To me, it looks a good pricing and a decent ~3K production units rolling out from Honda MoM.
itzvicky201 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:43   #654
BHPian

They could have been more aggressive with it's pricing as they have only one engine option (with one of the lowest F.E. figures ) and lesser features too when compared to it's rivals.
Phantom 510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:43   #655
BHPian

Not happy with the pricing. Honda is again playing the introductory pricing gimmick and will jack up the prices in the very near future. The lack of features, engine and transmission options as compared to the competition and asking a customer to pay almost 90% of the competitions price is not a good strategy IMHO. Elevate will find it tough to compete with the twins - Creta and Seltos.
Old 4th September 2023, 12:44   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Honda website says Road is closed. Whether this portends something?
Now price is not there.
As someone who was recently in the market for a compact SUV and finally zeroed in on the Kia Seltos facelift, I like the design of the Honda Elevate.

Though the Elevate lacks features/engine options compared to the Korean twins or lacks the hybrid option that is available in Toyota Hyryder/MS GV, the uncertainty of the future of Honda in India will dissuade a lot of people from considering the Elevate.
(I always had this uneasy feeling of choosing a car in which there is a high possibility of the manufacturer leaving India in a few years time.)

The VTEC engine is probably the best NA gasoline engine at that price point.

I wish Honda does stay in India!!
skywalker18 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:46   #657
Senior - BHPian

So its not undercutting the City(VX & ZX CVT) by 50-60k ex-showroom as expected(Talking only about CVT here). Elevate VX CVT is ~22k cheaper & ZX CVT is barely 5k cheaper than respective City variant. Am pretty sure City will see a price bump pretty soon to increase the gap.

Would be interesting to see how the market reacts now. Will Honda brand pull the crowd? Will it cannibalize its elder sibling City(doubtful)? And most importantly will it be able to make some dent in Seltos/Creta NA sales?

While not an aggressive pricing by any stretch of imagination, its not too overpriced compared to competition either(Undercutting Seltos/Creta NA CVTs or G.Vitara/Hyryder mild hybrid ATs by a good margin).

@Bhpians who have pre-booked: Are you going ahead or calling it off?

Last edited by SoumenD : 4th September 2023 at 13:12.
SoumenD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:48   #658

Some corrections on my earlier post follow.
Only the base two variants have the price difference when compared with City. For VX and ZX, the price difference is negligible. Hence Elevate VX is of least value coz it misses ADAS when compared to City. Even ZX for that matter isn't better than City in terms of overall features except for the SUV stance and may be a new infotainment system. I will cancel my booking too. My eyes are now on Tata Nexon. I'm hoping to get either the Creative+ or Fearless variants with DCA in 16 lakhs OTR, though I love the Fearless+ Flame Red DT the best.
Old 4th September 2023, 12:49   #659
BHPian

I think this price will be attractive to buyers of C-SUV's, especially those considering Creta/Seltos. People with limited budgets looking for a C-SUV might just be tempted towards Elevate. I do not think City buyers will consider this, or people will look at the price vis-a-vis Honda City. I don't see it taking great numbers once the hoopla dies, but it won't be a total dud either.
Ays7 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:50   #660
BHPian

Elevate is overpriced by at least 2 lakhs. Many of the bookings will be cancelled now!
16.5 Lakhs on road for V CVT which is base model with bare minimum features.
18.5 Lakhs on road for VX CVT,
20 Lakhs on-road for Elevate ZX CVT seems to be too much!

Ideally, It should have undercut the City by at least 1 lakh or more. City has more features in SV and V variant. Honda is messed up with Elevate Variants too.
There is no SV CVT. SV is actually a base model and they should have named it S. V should have been named as SV. Its the first car from Honda where V variant does not have alloys.
I have owned CITY V IVTEC 2014 model and it had company fitted alloys and decent features. Elevate V CVT at 16.5 lakhs on road will have wheel-caps I am not able to digest this!

We are disappointed! Honda seems to forget that they are offering 1.5 NA engine while others are offering Turbo Engines at this price point. Honda should have priced it much lesser than other cars in market.

Creta and Seltos are much bigger car inside and have many engine options on offer.
Suddenly Kia Carens and Toyota Urban Cruiser appears to be value for money car!

Elevate may sell for initial 1-2 months but then the dust will settle down.
Very soon Sales no. will dip for Honda and they will start offering discounts on Elevate.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 4th September 2023 at 13:09.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks