Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 12:02   #1471
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Can someone post pictures of ambient lighting (all places) in seltos face lift.
I've searched this forum as well as youtube but couldn't get comprehensive pics or video showing the locations where this is installed.
Old 19th January 2024, 12:52   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
I've searched this forum as well as Youtube but couldn't get comprehensive pics or video showing the locations where this is installed.
There are only three places. Once is ahead of the passenger, two near the speakers on the front doors.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:46   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
This is how they fit. The fitting is quite flush.
Where did you buy this product from in Hyderabad? And if it was bought online/separately, where did you get this fixed in Hyderabad, and how much are the fixing charges? Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:49   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Where did you buy this product from in Hyderabad? And if it was bought online/separately, where did you get this fixed in Hyderabad, and how much are the fixing charges? Thanks
Many shops in Minister road have these available. However, avoid going to the popular 'youtube' shops as they charge a premium. I've got it done at Nandi Car. I also suggest Solar Shade. You can explore options and see what you prefer.

I am not affiliated with either. Just found them to be quite good at the workmanship.

They didn't charge me anything extra apart from the price agreed on. Costed me Rs.16,000. Got a discount of RS.2000.

Last edited by blogslogger : 19th January 2024 at 14:51. Reason: Mentioned the prices.
Old 19th January 2024, 16:11   #1475

Hi,
Has anyone installed dashcam in their Seltos? The windshield placement of the dashcam is bugging me as the IRVM area is a bit crowded there.
Great if someone can share pics of the installed cam, and their experience.
Thanks!
Kxar07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 17:41   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxar07 View Post
Hi,
Has anyone installed dashcam in their Seltos? The windshield placement of the dashcam is bugging me as the IRVM area is a bit crowded there.
Great if someone can share pics of the installed cam, and their experience.
Thanks!
As you rightly pointed out, the area behind the IVRM is too crowded So, I decided to install the dashcam closer to the front passenger seat, following the suggestion of the car decor guy.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_102400360.jpg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240119-17.37.15.jpeg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240119-17.37.14.jpeg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240119-17.37.14-1.jpeg

At first, I was worried it might be a problem for the passenger, but after almost a month, I can say it's the best spot. It doesn't bother the driver at all, and it's not distracting for the passenger.

I got the Viofo A229 Plus dashcam from the USA and used a hardwiring kit for the setup.

Rear camera.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_104619181.jpg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_104603176.mp.jpg
I've been lazy about writing a detailed post, but I'll get to it soon . Overall, I'm pleased with how the dashcam is working.
bharathdonti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 18:09   #1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
As you rightly pointed out, the area behind the IVRM is too crowded So, I decided to install the dashcam closer to the front passenger seat, following the suggestion of the car decor guy.

I've been lazy about writing a detailed post, but I'll get to it soon . Overall, I'm pleased with how the dashcam is working.
That's great! Thank you, Bharathdonti!
Old 19th January 2024, 18:18   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I am considering Seltos Petrol GTX+ version as next vehicle. KIA only has DCT option in Petrol for and does not have IVT transmission in GTX+ trim.

Can anyone comment on real world average with Seltos DCT transmission in city conditions like Mumbai, Bangalore etc.?
Covered around 900km in the Petrol GTX+ exclusively within Bangalore city, and primarily on the much maligned ORR. Getting a smidge over 10kmpl with a mixture of peak hour and off-peak travel, so pretty indicative.
arcanec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 19:20   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

The interior ambience be it day or night is simply so soothing and luxurious.

Attachment 2558721
Quote:
I've searched this forum as well as Youtube but couldn't get comprehensive pics or video showing the locations where this is installed.
See the attached pic. It's at both the front doorpads and in front of passenger on dashboard. Mine is GT Line, lower models may only have it on doorpads (below HTX).

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I am considering Seltos Petrol GTX+ version as next vehicle. KIA only has DCT option in Petrol for and does not have IVT transmission in GTX+ trim.

Can anyone comment on real world average with Seltos DCT transmission in city conditions like Mumbai, Bangalore etc.?
In Pune under normal traffic conditions I am able to get around 13. In bumper to bumper traffic it ranges around 10 kmpl. In free flowing traffic, even able to get around 14-15 kmpl.

Last edited by 07CR : 19th January 2024 at 19:24.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 22:15   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
In Pune under normal traffic conditions I am able to get around 13. In bumper to bumper traffic it ranges around 10 kmpl. In free flowing traffic, even able to get around 14-15 kmpl.
Those are really good figures considering the Pune traffic that I know of.

Just wanted to know if these are in NORMAL mode or you switch to ECO within the city limits?

I have called the Seltos DCT for a test drive tomorrow. I have driven Verna DCT and was thoroughly impressed with its performance. I’m eager to find out how the same engine performs on the Seltos.

Aside, the Creta FL D AT test drive will follow thereafter. For some reason I found the Seltos D AT a little underwhelming. Hence, a TD in the Creta D AT would be a good confirmation of the same , if at all.

And in the evening , I’ll be going to see and drive the Sonet FL DCT & D AT.
Old 20th January 2024, 10:17   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Just wanted to know if these are in NORMAL mode or you switch to ECO within the city limits?
For some reason I found the Seltos D AT a little underwhelming. Hence, a TD in the Creta D AT would be a good confirmation of the same , if at all.
And in the evening , I’ll be going to see and drive the Sonet FL DCT & D AT.
It's mostly in normal mode. 14-15 is a rarity though, only during early morning or afternoon times. However, I have seen Eco mode is the most smoothest be it the city or highway. Not that others are too jerky, but Eco is just too smooth. Also ample power present even in Eco mode, all you need is a light tap on accelerator and it just zooms past whatever you have in front of you.

Even I had test driven Seltos Diesel AT before going for DCT. Petrols performance is much much better than diesel. I am sure you would have similar experience as in Verna.

Last edited by 07CR : 20th January 2024 at 10:18.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 11:47   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you would have similar experience as in Verna.
Just back from the TD of the Seltos DCT and for sure it's a fun car to drive. That 1.5 motor is FAST. However, I found the Verna turbo a little peppier. Maybe given that it's a sedan which aids in better aerodynamics.

There is a also a hint of lag for a split second when you press the accelerator pedal. This is persistent in both Normal & Sport modes. Seems like the gearbox takes sometime to downshift , maybe? But than it's defeats the whole purpose of this fast-shifting gearbox.

I also found the steering to be pretty heavy, even at low speeds. For sure it is heavier than my 1st-gen Creta, Sonet, Verna DCT. I tried engaging all the drive modes ; but it didn't make any appreciable difference. Infact in SPORTS I felt it got a tad heavier. Possibly an issue with the test car because even the alignment was out for some reason. It was a hardly a month old car though.

Overall, good car (which goes unsaid). Been used to driving the 1st gen Creta for 8+ years , I find the Seltos a little low on sitting and also the rear legroom is on shorter side. Ride quality has a come a long way since the launch of the Seltos but definitely cannot be compared to the 1st-gen Creta.

A TD in FL Creta D AT in sometime will make the differences pretty clear for me.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 20th January 2024 at 11:49.
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 21:20   #1483
BHPian

Experts, need guidance
I am planning to buy a seltos diesel automatic GTX plus
The dealer is ready to give me a car which is November 23 manufacturing with some discount.
I went to the stockyard to check the car and noticed that it has run 32 kms.
Is it ok to purchase a car which is run 32kms already - Typically this is expected to be not more than 10 kms.
What are the things to ensure / check in such a situation?
Pls guide so that I can take the right decision.
Old 20th January 2024, 21:27   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Is it ok to purchase a car which is run 32kms already - Typically this is expected to be not more than 10 kms.
Normally anything below 100 km should be fine. Just do the TBHP PDI and you should be good to go. The stockyards are usually away from showroom so it could be driven once to showroom too.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 22:07   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
My update has been stuck in this way since 2 days. It's not going ahead. I tried to restart the car but it's stuck here.What should I do?

PS : I am able to use the infotainment but whenever I go to the update settings I am seeing this since 2 days.
If you are comfortable, getting into engineering mode and doing a reset should solve this. (Had done this in our seltos for map update problem). If you don't want the hassle, then Kia service center.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks