Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 14:50   #1426
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Is the 360-degree camera in Seltos connected to the Kia app which enables us to monitor what is happening around the cars remotely?
No. That seems to be Sonet exclusive (for now).
Sufficient_shop is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 16:22   #1427

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoes View Post
Got my pewter olive GTX+ Turbo Petrol DCT delivered last week.
Congratulations, The new Seltos is a great car, especially its TGDI DCT is one of the best in the segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Panther Arrives: Kia Seltos 2023 Facelift 1.5 Turbo (Petrol) DCT

After experiencing literally all the notable cars within the INR 60 Lakhs budget, I have found solace in Panther, read on to find out why.
Loved your review and experience and the way you have articulated it. I personally love Kia for their immaculate designs and fit and finish; I call them a design company first. Seltos facelift is a great car, congratulations! Wishing you many happy years of driving with the new Seltos.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 13th January 2024 at 17:30. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 13th January 2024, 21:29   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
On the headlight upgrade it is a difficult and expensive option (though I had it done on my Hector) so far only Fe retrofit has a solution called octo q which costs 65k. It would also void the warranty though.
What I am more interested in is replacing the Ice Cube Foglights with a 2 inch or 3 inch projector fog light as a plug and play solution, but for that to be possible, a plastic fog lamp bezel is required, which is currently not available for the GTX and Xline versions. For lower versions it is available though.
The headlights are very average and there are way less reports of this than I expected. My old car also had a full-LED headlamp but the throw and intensity were exceptionally good.

I spoke with a FE Retrofit dealer and he suggested me to upgrade to their Octo Q(4+4 Bi-LED Projectors) setup but since the facelift variant has only 3 reflectors compared to the outgoing models 4, it will be more a Hexa Q(3+3 Bi-LED Projectors) setup. Was quoted ₹58000 for the upgrade.

Since they will have to open up the headlights to do the upgrade, it will definitely void the warranty. But all the necessary drivers are fit inside the headlight housing and then they claim it is a plug and play solution. I enquired locally and was able to find the outgoing models LED headlights for around ₹9500 for a used pair and planned to get the Octo Q setup on these. Only gripe is that the DRLs in the grill won’t align with the headlights. Not really sure how bad that would look.

Or, The US Seltos seems to have a double projector LED headlamp which then would also align with the DRLs. Pair costs about $1000 on eBay. Have to double check if it would fit as I know the cars sold there are completely different.

The other option is to wait for the fog lamp housing, but I am told it may take a minimum of 6-12 months. But given the width of the fog lamp housing, I doubt if it would be possible to upgrade to say a 3 inch projector.
MadrasTurbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 23:23   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadrasTurbo View Post

Or, The US Seltos seems to have a double projector LED headlamp which then would also align with the DRLs. Pair costs about $1000 on eBay. Have to double check if it would fit as I know the cars sold there are completely different.

The other option is to wait for the fog lamp housing, but I am told it may take a minimum of 6-12 months. But given the width of the fog lamp housing, I doubt if it would be possible to upgrade to say a 3 inch projector.
I think Australian seltos’s light would be a better fit for the RHS configuration. I faced the same problem so had to go with dual driving bar lights from DHC. First on the either side of the radar and has been quite helpfully. Costed me Ra.16000. Suggest you explore that option as well.
blogslogger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 00:18   #1430

Hi, everyone, I booked my GTX plus petrol few weeks back, SA called me up to inform the car is in transit based on some previous post I asked him for the VIN number to which he explained that it is of new use until the car is registered, is he right? Please help
Old 15th January 2024, 08:08   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Is the 360-degree camera in Seltos connected to the Kia app which enables us to monitor what is happening around the cars remotely?
No, It doesn't give any live feed.
gogo_gogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 09:21   #1432
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea if the dashboard reflection issue still exists on the 2023 Seltos? If yes, has anyone found a solution for it?

I found this dashboard cover on Amazon US - but have no idea how good or bad it is and if something like this is available in India for LHS cars.
Old 15th January 2024, 10:11   #1433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman. View Post
Does anyone have an idea if the dashboard reflection issue still exists on the 2023 Seltos? If yes, has anyone found a solution for it?

I found this dashboard cover on Amazon US - but have no idea how good or bad it is and if something like this is available in India for LHS cars.
I don't feel any challenge of the dashboard reflection in my Seltos Facelift (Xline S). The top of the dashboard is finished in matt plastic with low reflectivity. So far not faced any challenge due to this.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 12:26   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

2000 km update on my GT Line DCT

So I have completed 2000 km in my GT Line DCT which includes a mix of driving in dense city traffic to cruising at 120 Kph on Samruddhi Mahamarg.

Few observations-

1) If possible do stretch for the ADAS equipped variants of Seltos. They have got it brilliantly calibrated for Indian conditions. I have rarely used Emergency braking feature, but other than this Adaptive cruise control, Lane keep assist, Lane follow assist work excellently at highway speeds. Infact you can even use adaptive cruise control in even city conditions. All these make long journeys extremely tireless.

2) Auto hold is a godsend. Mental note to myself- All my future cars MUST HAVE this feature!

3) Headlights are average at best. Can't believe my Sonet's headlight setup is better than my Seltos (a car that costs nearly twice it!)

4) DCTs shifts are extremely seamless. I was in a dilemma whether to go for a iMT or a DCT (after a brilliant experience in my Sonet iMT), but glad we went for the DCT. I hope with Auto hold, ISG and relatively good traffic conditions, my DCT won't give any issues.

5) DCT upshifts at around 1.7-1.8 K RPM in eco mode. In normal mode it stretches till 2.1-2.2 RPM.

6) Power is more than adequate even in Eco mode. If you press the pedal to the metal, the gearbox isn't lethargic and responds quickly even in Eco mode.

7) Engine spins at an extremely relaxed 1.3-1.4K RPM in 7th gear at around 77 KPH. This just right at the beginning of turbo zone, extremely relaxed and refined.
At 120 it is at 2.1 K RPM while 100 KPH comes up at 1.8 K RPM. Extremely good rpms for cruising yet maintaining good fuel economy.

8) Extremely good fuel economy considering the power available on tap. I have not driven with a goal of achieving in great numbers, and these are under normal driving conditions including city runs, wifey's learning to drive Seltos phase, cruising at a 95 kph crowded and traffic jammed pune solapur drive, cruising at 120 on Samruddhi etc. See attached fuel logs for numbers.

9) There is serious power available. On Samruddhi while cruising at 120, I wanted to see the engine's power on a open yet safe patch. I tried it and it reached some unmentionable speeds in a giffy. PS- Please try these only in places by taking extreme precaution.

Somewhere on the way to Shegaon.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240115-12.15.36-pm.jpeg

At Shegaon, Anand Vihar, chilling with it's competitor!
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-gv.jpeg

120 KPH in 7th gear will result in a very relaxed 2.1 K RPM.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-sports-mode-120.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-reflections-passenger.jpeg

77 Kph at 1.3 K RPM in 7th gear is VERY VERY relaxed and refined.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-1.3-76.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-reflections-pass.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-81-1.4.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-fuel-log.jpeg
Extremely good numbers considering the power and segment. This is a mix of all drive modes.

Quote:
Extremely low reflections that affect you. Mine is a GT Line, and I am happy with the kind of plastics they have used. Except the central speaker, no other part is reflected on the windshield. See above pics.

The interior ambience be it day or night is simply so soothing and luxurious.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240115-12.59.43-pm.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 16th January 2024 at 01:12. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the Report Post button to get a Moderator's attention. Thanks!
07CR is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 16:46   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
2000 km update on my GT Line DCT

Extremely low reflections that affect you. Mine is a GT Line, and I am happy with the kind of plastics they have used. Except the central speaker, no other part is reflected on the windshield. See above pics.
I believe it depends on the time of day. At noon and a little past, the central speaker grill's reflection on the windscreen is VERY evident while driving, and a little distracting. Attached an image from my dashcam that illustrates this. I see a similar issue in one of 07CR's images too - the one at around 1pm. It's not remotely an issue at other times of the day.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-jan-15-image.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 16th January 2024 at 01:12. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
arcanec is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 17:03   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bugil View Post
Hi, everyone, I booked my GTX plus petrol few weeks back, SA called me up to inform the car is in transit based on some previous post I asked him for the VIN number to which he explained that it is of new use until the car is registered, is he right? Please help
Depends on the definition of use. If the car has been dispatched from the factory and registered on your name, then the SA should be able to share this confirmation with you right now itself. However, unless he's asking for a payment over and above the 25k booking fee (which you shouldn't pay right now anyway) I think he's right in saying you don't get much utility from the VIN number *right now*.

VIN is most handy to ensure that:
1. The car you inspect during your PDI is the one you get on the day of delivery
2. It's not a unit that's been lying around in the stockyard for an inordinate time.

Both of these can wait till the PDI, imo.
arcanec is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 00:20   #1437
BHPian

It's done! Finally, booked Kia Seltos GTX Plus DCT in Gravity Grey, yesterday, 15th January.

It's December 2023 model(SA confirmed by showing the list) and readily available in their warehouse, we negotiated, and got 1.25L discount over On-road Price.

As the car was available in their warehouse, we did PDI, again took a short test drive, got satisfied and booked it.
The experience till now with Kia, Jodhpur is excellent. SA cleared every doubt whether in person or over call, patiently.

Also I would like to thank you people, who helped and answered my doubts (sometimes noob ones too). But seriously, it was my first experience, so a little help was a must. Thank You!

We will be taking delivery on 22nd January. And will surely share that experience too.
Meanwhile, would love to know-
  1. Must have Accessories
  2. PPF or only Ceramic(My SA told that they have ceramic facility available for 30k)
  3. Will surely replace the tyres with Continental ones, so want to know the expected discount I can get against JK ones.
  4. Any other tip or experience regarding maintenance, driving, handling the car in day to day life.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th January 2024 at 01:14. Reason: LIST added. Spacing fixed.
Flasshhhh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 12:29   #1438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
I think Australian seltos’s light would be a better fit for the RHS configuration. I faced the same problem so had to go with dual driving bar lights from DHC. First on the either side of the radar and has been quite helpfully. Costed me Ra.16000. Suggest you explore that option as well.
Can you please post some pics of the DHC Duo Light bars installed on your car and also the light beam pattern they generate. I also am looking for immediate lighting upgrades and am evaluating this option too. Though I would have preferred projector fog lights, the bracket not being available for the Xline and GTX version is a challenge. The current brackets are available only for HT line versions only.
Old 16th January 2024, 15:28   #1439

Just got a call from an unknown number stating that they are from Kia, congratulating me on the vehicle, and saying that my RSA card has now been issued and is available with them. They also said that it is a lifetime card and RSA will be free of charge for a lifetime for me. There is only a ₹3500 activation fee on this, and they will dispatch the card soon.

When I told them that I was not informed of this charge and that I would like to talk to someone senior to understand why I was not informed about this during the sales and delivery process, they said they would arrange a callback and put down the phone.

On some Google Search, I came to know there is a scam going on around this as well. My only concern is how did they get a hold of my number and vehicle information. It must be an information leak at the dealership.

Anyone else experienced this?
neoone042 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 15:44   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoone042 View Post

On some Google Search, I came to know there is a scam going on around this as well. My only concern is how did they get a hold of my number and vehicle information. It must be an information leak at the dealership.
TBHP is full of people talking about this scam. The data leak might have happened at dealership level or Parivahan/RTO level. Data security is a joke in India, anyway. So ignore and move on. I'm glad you didn't fall prey to this scam
Sufficient_shop is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks