Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2024, 11:34   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

One more update on my Seltos Xline (S) done today - I updated the Infotainment software to the latest Jan 2, 2024 version after downloading it from the kia Update website using the Navigation update tool. It is a 17Gb file and one has to download it to a USB drive (I used a 64Gb one and it has to be exFat formatted). After copying all the files to the root folder of the USB drive, start the car and enter the setup mode (you can long press setup key) and insert the USB drive in the USB A port. Then Click Update - It will start the update process. Keep your engine started for some 5-7 min until it gives the message "the update will continue when the car is switched off". You can then switch off the car. The update installation will take around 1.5 hours with the car off (do not use the car in this period).

Post the update one big improvement is in the volume levels. Earlier I needed to crank up the volume to a level of 35 out of 60 to get any decent output from the speakers. Now after the update I get the same output at a level of 12 out of 50. This was a big gripe for me earlier.
This is a good improvement and now my upgraded Morel speakers with damping sound much better as they are getting the required power. (my car did not have the Bose system as mine was the S variant of Xline). The overall sound quality has also improved.
Happy to see that Kia has addressed this issue quickly and I would recommend other Seltos 2023 owners to also do this update.

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th January 2024 at 11:37.
Behemoth is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 12:46   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Guys my HTX doesnt has Accumulated trip info. I can only see Last Reset, Since Refeuling and Current Trip. How do I enable it, if its there?
I'd not be too concerned about it - Any trip screen, including 'Accumulated Info', can be reset. Functionally, 'Last Reset' is exactly the same as 'Accumulated Info', and the differences might be due to Infotainment variants and/or versions.

Bottomline being, irrespective of how Kia names them there are three trip meters: one of which resets everytime the car halts and resumes, and the other two can be used as the usual A/B trip meters.
actinium15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 17:05   #1353

The October update {global} had listed wireless AA and CP. This does not seems to be rolled out to Indian January update.
Night have to wait for next update.
Old 6th January 2024, 17:13   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
I got the navigation update pushed OTA last night right when I was switching off the engine.
Did navigation update prompt automatically pop up, or you searched somewhere on infotainment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
One more update on my Seltos Xline (S) done today - I updated the Infotainment software to the latest Jan 2, 2024 version after downloading it from the kia Update website using the Navigation update tool. It is a 17Gb file and one has to download it to a USB drive (I used a 64Gb one and it has to be exFat formatted).
Can you please share the link to download this. Couldn't find it on Kia website. TIA.
Old 6th January 2024, 17:57   #1355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Did navigation update prompt automatically pop up, or you searched somewhere on infotainment?

Can you please share the link to download this. Couldn't find it on Kia website. TIA.
Here you go.
https://update.kia.com/US/EN/updateGuide/01

First you have to install the Navigation updater tool on the laptop and the. Once that tool in installed it will allow you to select your brand (Kia) then country (India) and the car model (Seltos). It will then download the installation file on your laptop. Then save those files (all the files inside the Seltos folder created) onto a freshly formatted USB drive. Then you can do the installation process I had shared in my previous post.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:37   #1356

Can we install the global update which includes wireless AA and CP?
Old 7th January 2024, 01:20   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
One more update on my Seltos Xline (S) done today - I updated the Infotainment software to the latest Jan 2, 2024 version after downloading it from the kia Update website using the Navigation update tool. It is a 17Gb file and one has to download it to a USB drive (I used a 64Gb one and it has to be exFat formatted). After copying all the files to the root folder of the USB drive, start the car and enter the setup mode (you can long press setup key) and insert the USB drive in the USB A port. Then Click Update - It will start the update process. Keep your engine started for some 5-7 min until it gives the message "the update will continue when the car is switched off". You can then switch off the car. The update installation will take around 1.5 hours with the car off (do not use the car in this period).

Post the update one big improvement is in the volume levels. Earlier I needed to crank up the volume to a level of 35 out of 60 to get any decent output from the speakers. Now after the update I get the same output at a level of 12 out of 50. This was a big gripe for me earlier.
This is a good improvement and now my upgraded Morel speakers with damping sound much better as they are getting the required power. (my car did not have the Bose system as mine was the S variant of Xline). The overall sound quality has also improved.
Happy to see that Kia has addressed this issue quickly and I would recommend other Seltos 2023 owners to also do this update.
Do we get the 3d version of 360 camera like in the new sonet?

As of now without the update there is no option of a 3d display.
Old 7th January 2024, 01:27   #1358

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Refuelling and Refueling both are correct. Former is British english and the latter is American english.
Thanks! I didn't do a search but just typed it into Word and the spell checker flagged the two L's as incorrect. Guess my default is set to American
Old 7th January 2024, 06:37   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Guys, I'm a little annoyed that the trip meter automatically resets every time engine is switched off. .
accumulated trip info is Traditional trip meter. You can reset by pressing OK Button for 1 sec on steering wheel. Refer link.

Last edited by gogo_gogo : 7th January 2024 at 07:04.
Old 7th January 2024, 11:23   #1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Guys my HTX doesnt has Accumulated trip info. I can only see Last Reset, Since Refeuling and Current Trip. How do I enable it, if its there?
Last reset is same as accumulated, from a functional perspective. My HTX has the same too (Last Reset,) but the manual indeed says accumulated info. Not sure if only the HTXs have it though since the GTX folks seem to all have accumulated info
ShaanS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 11:36   #1361
BHPian

Used the native map after installing the update. It is as bad as ever. Doesn't recognise 4 lane main roads. Gave erroneous clues to shift lanes. What a pity. Will be back to Google maps again. Perhaps the native map system (by MapMyIndia??) does not learn by getting data from other road users, like Google does. Kia, and your vendor, please fix this, in an otherwise dream vehicle. Also the system update had enabled children crossing ahead warning. Had to disable it again in the navigation menu.

Enabled front ADAS for an airport run and kept the distance and warning to maximum and late respectively. Didn't encounter any issues. Also used adaptive cruise control. What a pleasure ! The vehicle applies mild brakes as the vehicle ahead slows down and picks up speeds up again to the limit set (had kept it at 55 kmph).
Old 7th January 2024, 12:04   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Used the native map after installing the update. It is as bad as ever. Doesn't recognise 4 lane main roads. Gave erroneous clues to shift lanes. What a pity. Will be back to Google maps again. Perhaps the native map system (by MapMyIndia??) does not learn by getting data from other road users, like Google does. Kia, and your vendor, please fix this, in an otherwise dream vehicle. Also the system update had enabled children crossing ahead warning. Had to disable it again in the navigation menu.

Enabled front ADAS for an airport run and kept the distance and warning to maximum and late respectively. Didn't encounter any issues. Also used adaptive cruise control. What a pleasure ! The vehicle applies mild brakes as the vehicle ahead slows down and picks up speeds up again to the limit set (had kept it at 55 kmph).
Honestly I never use the built in maps
I only use Android Auto with Google Maps. Nothing can beat the live traffic and the Map views which google has. I find Map my India to be pretty useless in both my cars (Other is Mg Hector Plus)
The data of Map my India is not refreshed frequently and is updated once a year while Google updates its map data practically real time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Dear All,

As I took delivery of Kia Seltos HTK Plus variant in navratri, I had an itch for small updates to the car.

[*]Little to no volume under stock volume of 30.

Lastly the next pain area is with the stock headlights. Till now I have wasted 20k on the front's lights with little satisfaction.
Added 180W Excelite Led for both Projector and Fog Lamps (9500 each)
Fog Lamps are giving great output.
Led in Projector headlamps is total failure.

Key Concerns: Projector Headlamp is unable to create proper beam for the LED. Tried almost 2-3 companies but still little no light.

Dealer is asking to change the Projector itself on the headlight, but I am not interested in going for any surgery at this stage.
I also faced the same issue of little volume output even after getting my doors damped and also upgrading my speakers to Morel.

The problem was the software of the head unit. Kia has now released a new Software update for the Navigation system and this resolves the low volume issue - please update your Infotainment software (I had outlined the steps a few posts back). You will be pleasantly surprised after the update and the sound that you earlier got at 35 volume you will get at 12 level.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th January 2024 at 16:21. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 7th January 2024, 13:05   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
I also faced the same issue of little volume output even after getting my doors damped and also upgrading my speakers to Morel.

The problem was the software of the head unit. Kia has now released a new Software update for the Navigation system and this resolves the low volume issue - please update your Infotainment software (I had outlined the steps a few posts back). You will be pleasantly surprised after the update and the sound that you earlier got at 35 volume you will get at 12 level.
Any idea if it will work on HTK plus? Asking as HTX onwards is 10 inch vs 8 inch screen in HTK plus. I don't want to brick the entire system
Old 7th January 2024, 13:18   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Any idea if it will work on HTK plus? Asking as HTX onwards is 10 inch vs 8 inch screen in HTK plus. I don't want to brick the entire system
This update is for the standard 5W system as called in the System details. If your system also has the same description, it should work.
Old 7th January 2024, 23:57   #1365
BHPian

Hi folks, I am looking to buy the seltos GTX+ diesel Trim. Also am waiting to have a peek at the new creta before making my decision.

A few questions

1. How is the service in Chennai. Do they delay deliveries despite taking them early?

2. Now that the facelift has the DEF + SCR combo. Has anyone faced any DPF issues. If yes does the cluster based regen work ? How long does the DEF last ?

3. The brochure from the dealership states that wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay is available on the GTX+ trim. Some reviews here state they are only on the lower ends. Are they available on the GTX+?

4. Being a techie and leading teams developing cockpit & aras (advanced rider assits systems) in motorcycles. I would for sure will be using them. Are all the features configurable inidividually?

Thanks in advance ...
bharathgr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks