Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2023, 22:12   #1306
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Hi Guys
Finally, along lot of confusion between Slavia and Seltos, I have recently booked Seltos GTX+ Diesel and VIN has been assigned to me. The car will reach dealer by Tuesday, however I am not able to make out the month of manufacturing from the same. Can anyone help me in figuring it out. Any help will be really appreciated. TIA

VIN: MZBET813MPN59XXXX

Regards
Eragon92
Old 24th December 2023, 08:52   #1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
Hi Guys
Finally, along lot of confusion between Slavia and Seltos, I have recently booked Seltos GTX+ Diesel and VIN has been assigned to me. The car will reach dealer by Tuesday, however I am not able to make out the month of manufacturing from the same. Can anyone help me in figuring it out. Any help will be really appreciated. TIA

VIN: MZBET813MPN59XXXX

Regards
Eragon92

Congratulations on your booking! You cant make out the month using VIN shared. Last digit will be missing, which is the month. You need to note it down during PDI only.
Old 24th December 2023, 11:40   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I bought the GT Line DCT Seltos on 20-12-2023. Seltos has replaced my Ecosport S TDCI. I also have a Sonet HTX iMT Turbo P. Would be comparing Seltos with these as well. I recently completed a 600~ KM trip and here are initial impressions-

The bad-
  • Headlights are average. With foglamps ON, it is above average, and on highways without the dividers, the oncoming traffic's high beams will blind you. Spread is good, intensity could have been better.
  • Mood lights could also have been linked to drive modes (Like the Carens), currently only the cluster is linked.
  • Front sunshades could have been longer/adjustable, as they leave out some space.
  • Instrument cluster shows navigation directions spectacularly with multiple views for onboard maps. Unfortunately Android Auto's google maps can't be shown here.
  • For a car that is this well loaded, it could have had a cooled glovebox or atleast an illuminated one. Also miss my Ecosport's puddle lamps.
  • Kia could have provided memory seat for driver and electric seat for passenger seat as well ( I know I am asking too much!)

The great-
  • The engine has some serious punch. While neither my Ecosport or Sonet are any slouches, Seltos even in Eco mode would easily smoke both.
  • DCT response times are satisfactory for me. I am not generally a pedal to the throttle guy, but won't count myself as an extremely sedate driver as well.
  • Coming from a 17 inch Ecosport, I found the ride quality to be extremely absorbent. My family hates extremely soft suspensions, so this felt extremely mature suspension setup to me(be it city or highway). There is also a markedly improvement compared to the 2019 Seltos I had driven. That said, I would say the Carens still has about 20% better ride quality (City) than the Seltos.
  • Wife liked the recline function of the rear seats. She was happy with the amount of bottles the door bottle holders could gobble up (6-8)!
  • Chiller of an AC. Rear sunblinds and dark sunshade cover of sunroof help even more.
  • Space inside is more than adequate for me. Be it shoulder room, or the legroom. Rear underthigh support could have been bit better for taller
    (6 ft plus) occupants, but rear occupants in my family are 4'11 and 5'1, so its been great for them.
  • NVH is just spectacular. Start Stop system works seemlessly and the passengers rarely understand when the car switched OFF and turn ON again.
  • Coming to the features, the car is loaded and how! I found the blind spot monitor (instrument cluster display) and adaptive cruise control along with Lane follow assist the best features from ADAS. I have also tried adaptive cruise in city conditions and it works brilliantly. Ventilated seats work silently and the dual zone AC also works as intended. EPB with Auto Hold is another gem of a feature many manufacturers ignore. Few people might think that the car has just gimmicky features, but I beg to differ. There are a few gimmicky one's like the traction modes, sequential indicators, auto high beam assist etc. But the useful features list is just too long.
  • For the power available on tap, the efficiency is spectacular. Mind you the odometer stands at just 675 KMS. My 584 kms Pune-Solapur-Akkalkot-Pune trip yielded me a 14.7 KMPL on the MID. This includes drives through Pune city, highway with lot of slow moving traffic, a 45 min traffic jam (extended weekend and construction work) and what not! On the return stretch which has a slight incline (climbing from plains of Akkalkot to the plateau of Pune), it yielded an even better 15.0 KMPL. I had set the cruise to 89 KMPH (90 is the speed limit), and the car was driven in ECO and normal modes for 95% of the time. Sports was used rest of the time, but considering the extended weekend traffic I found this mode to be an overkill.

Time for some pics-

Gleaming on the delivery day!
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231224-11.23.18-am.jpeg

Somewhere on the Pune-Solapur highway
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231224-11.23.17-am.jpeg

Blindspot warning is very useful. This warning is available on mirror as well as instrument cluster in the ADAS view.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-blindspot-warning.jpeg

Lane follow assist works extremely accurately even on half marked roads. Relieves a lot of stress on long journeys as the car keeps in centre of the lanes and steers itself.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-lane-follow-assist.jpeg

Blindspot view is very useful while changing lanes.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-blind-spot-view-extremely-useful.jpeg

Pano sunroof can even be used during daytime. The tinting is very good. However, this was tested in winter season, same needs to be tested in summer.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pano-sunroof.jpeg

Mileage on the Akkalkot-Pune stretch.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-mileage-return-trip.jpeg

Mileage on the complete 584 km trip.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-mileage-total.jpeg

Last edited by 07CR : 24th December 2023 at 11:42.
07CR is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 12:17   #1309
BHPian

Thanks for the well rounded review. The Seltos is a very good car except for the safety part. Wish they publish the Bharat NCAP ratings soon.

Does thr console mileage match the actual mileage using tank fill to tank fill method? Hyundai is known to show some bloated numbers. Even the Hyundai sales guy mentioned the real mileage will be 20% lesser than what is shown in the console when Intest drove the Verna.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 13:37   #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Finally, I managed to get test drive of Seltos IVT and GTX+ DCT back to back today.

Personally, for my use case, IVT won over DCT variant primarily because of ride quality and to some extent, interior ambience. While I would have loved to have the reserve power and all those features in GTX+, the ride quality with those 18 inchers just killed my interest.
Hey headbanger, I'm honestly in the same dilemma as you and for me the HTX IVT is winning out as well. I have my car booked too and the RTO process is starting once this long weekend is over.

How has your experience been real world with the HTX IVT?

Would you make a different choice now?
Old 24th December 2023, 20:00   #1311

Finally got possession of our Seltos GTX plus DCT at Kangra.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231223_121618840.jpg

I'll be writing about the delivery experience and initial thoughts soon (maybe after touching the first 1000 kms). I would want to share a nifty feature I discovered on accident, which I didn't see anyone mention.

On the FM Radio screen, there's a small orange button (icon for the SoundHound app if I remember correctly). On pressing the button, it identifies the song playing currently and displays the name of the song right below.

Radio playing song
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231224_194835811.jpg

Pressing the SoundHound icon
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231224_194840806.jpg

The icon rotates for a bit (~5 seconds)
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231224_194847040.jpg

Song name displayed
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231224_194857047.jpg

Purely a good to have feature, but can be a fun way to remember new music.
twisted.arrow is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 21:14   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Thanks for the well rounded review. The Seltos is a very good car except for the safety part. Wish they publish the Bharat NCAP ratings soon.
GNCAP was never a consideration factor for me, as I see lack of consistency in their testing criteria, and believe a lot goes behind doors. That said, hope BNCAP keeps a lot of things transparent.

Quote:
Does thr console mileage match the actual mileage using tank fill to tank fill method? Hyundai is known to show some bloated numbers. Even the Hyundai sales guy mentioned the real mileage will be 20% lesser than what is shown in the console when Intest drove the Verna.
Quite opposite for me. I think KIA displays lesser numbers than actual. Have seen this with my Sonet, where if the display shows 18 KMPL, the actual is around 18.3-18.4.

I tanked up Seltos and the tank to tank mileage came out 15.52 KMPL. However, this includes my city drive (92 kms) and the entire Pune-Akkalkot trip (584 kms). The display figure of 14.7 KMPL only included the Pune - Akkalkot trip. Range displayed now is 814 Kms.
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 08:11   #1313
BHPian

Quote:

Does thr console mileage match the actual mileage using tank fill to tank fill method?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I think KIA displays lesser numbers than actual. Have seen this with my Sonet, where if the display shows 18 KMPL, the actual is around 18.3-18.4.
I've driven ~1000km but mostly within city limits, and the average mileage as per MID is ~9.6kmph and as per my tank-to-tank calculation, it comes to around ~8.9kmph. I must add that there have been multiple times I have just kept the ignition on while parked to check some features, change settings, etc. Not sure if MID is smart enough to account the fuel efficiency in such scenarios.

In short, I'm very happy with the fuel efficiency of my petrol GTX+ DCT.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 11:43   #1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Mods, please excuse and feel free to remove, if this post is against the forum rules.

Is there a KIA owner's club/group based out of Delhi/NCR? Or may be a virtual group where we can be touch of each other and may be plan meets?
I am interested in that as well, a tip-sharing DEL/NCR thread for Seltos guys?
Kxar07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 20:02   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Mods, please excuse and feel free to remove, if this post is against the forum rules.

Is there a KIA owner's club/group based out of Delhi/NCR? Or may be a virtual group where we can be touch of each other and may be plan meets?
Hey, thats a good idea. I am interested for a virtual group to begin with.
Alphaseal6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 11:07   #1316
BHPian

Early today morning, I happened to notice that both the exhaust nozzles and the chrome bracket in my 2 month old GTX+ were showing signs of rusting.

At first, I only noticed the left one and thought it was some sort of paint or someone had spit after eating Gutkha. But no, it definitely is rust. What more, even the chrome bracket around the nozzle has spots of rust. Instinctively I checked the other one and sadly, even that had rusted.

My car is only 2 months and few days old, never driven in water (only once in rain) or slush or any of that sort. Only twice have I got it washed. Once when it went for PPF (immediately after delivery) and second time during the 1st free service at KASC, about a month ago.

Is this normal? Has anyone else, even those who own other cars, have noticed such rusting in their car's exhaust?

I am really pained at the poor quality of the material and intend to take it up with the SA today. Any/all suggestions from members are welcome on what should be my best course while talking to them.

And a word of caution to my fellow Seltos owners (especially new ones) to thoroughly check your cars for any signs of rust.

Attaching few pics for reference.

Left Nozzle & Chrome Bracket

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-left-nozzle.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-left-nozzle-chrome.jpg

Right Nozzle

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-right-nozzle.jpg

Last edited by GTX+ : 27th December 2023 at 11:08.
GTX+ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 11:54   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Early today morning, I happened to notice that both the exhaust nozzles and the chrome bracket in my 2 month old GTX+ were showing signs of rusting.
I guess this is normal. My seltos is just a week old so no signs yet. But my Sonet is 2.5 years old now and it has same signs of rusting (much more infact, see pic). My erstwhile ecosport S too had such signs when I had checked when it was 2 years old. I used for another 3.5 years there were absolutely no issues.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231227114818.jpg  

Old 28th December 2023, 11:16   #1318

I recently got a GTX plus petrol and can’t seem to find the setting for enabling & disabling Sequential turn indicators. I looked under “lights” in settings but it’s not there. Can someone help me with this?
Old 28th December 2023, 15:02   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0twister View Post
I recently got a GTX plus petrol and can’t seem to find the setting for enabling & disabling Sequential turn indicators. I looked under “lights” in settings but it’s not there. Can someone help me with this?
These work automatically. If you park the vehicle then they blink. Ask someone else to look at the turn indicators while you are driving (slowly).
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 19:22   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0twister View Post
These don't work while you turn on the hazard lamps. They only work when you give left or right indicator, either when you are moving or when you are stationary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
These work automatically. If you park the vehicle then they blink. Ask someone else to look at the turn indicators while you are driving (slowly).
Sequential indicators work when you give left or right indicator, either when you are moving or when you are stationary.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks