Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2023, 19:35   #1246
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Is this a complete vin number? Or does Hyundai/ Kia have 19 digit vin number.Can someone please help in decoding this vin sent by the SA. Car is Kia seltos.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231214wa0000.jpg  

Old 14th December 2023, 19:42   #1247
BHPian

I visited Kia Showroom yesterday. Took test drive of HTX Plus iMT and GTX Plus DCT for a short 4-5kms each. Both felt great to drive.
My parents liked the interiors of GTX Plus. I was skeptical, but after watching in person, it felt good and premium to me too.
So, we are deciding to go for GTX Plus DCT.
Just need a little consolation on DCT gear box for city drives. Should I go for it without any hesitations? Or are there any precautions/driving patterns I should keep in mind?
Flasshhhh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 21:32   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasshhhh View Post
Hey there! I am looking to book GTX Plus soon. Tyre swap is in my mind too. But, should I go for R17 for better ride quality as suggested by many users, as you went for R18.

And about Headlights. Will upgrading them void my warranty?
If you go for R17 you will have to downsize your rims too. Other option is that you could ask the showroom to ask any other customer who is buying a lower variant HTX and exchange the tyres and rims with them. Many people would be happy to have bigger rims on their cars due to the fad value.
In my case I just went with better tyres in the same stock size and comfort has improved a lot.
Also when you get the delivery the tyres are really pumped up overpressure (mine were at 44 psi). When you drop the pressure to 32-33 the ride quality is decent. The JK tyres are just noisy and have a lot of rolling noise. So I went with Continentals. However please note that Conti UC6 have a UTQG rating of 340 A A while the JKs have a UTQG of 400 A A (this basically means the Contis should last 35-40k kms while the JKs would last around 50k kms as Contis are softer while JKs are harder. But Contis give better grip and better ride and less noise.

On the headlight upgrade it is a difficult and expensive option (though I had it done on my Hector) so far only Fe retrofit has a solution called octo q which costs 65k. It would also void the warranty though.
What I am more interested in is replacing the Ice Cube Foglights with a 2 inch or 3 inch projector fog light as a plug and play solution, but for that to be possible, a plastic fog lamp bezel is required, which is currently not available for the GTX and Xline versions. For lower versions it is available though.

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th December 2023 at 21:33.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 23:43   #1249
BHPian

Hey, for R17, how much should the pressure be 33 psi or 35 psi? Mostly its front and side passenger riding
Old 15th December 2023, 07:51   #1250
BHPian

ADAS experience after 3 months

I have been driving my Seltos X-line diesel 6AT for 3 months now and one thing I've realized that is truly a boon is the ADAS feature, especially the Front Collision Avoidence Assist system
(FCAA).

Seeing videos of ADAS level 2 on youtube got me really excited and it was one of the main features that made me buy the Kia seltos face-lift version. But the excitement didn't last long after driving as I was not getting the hang of it initially. The warning beeps and the car applying breaks automatically even though the vehicle ahead of me seemed a fair distance away made me turn off the ADAS features, which I later realized wasn't the fault of ADAS but bad driving practice on my part.

After keeping ADAS turned off for 15-20 days, I gave it a go once again and I turned it on again and tried to drive carefully so as to not trigger any warning beeps or automatic brakes.

This practice made me start to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and avoid cutting them for overtakes which I had normally done for years. I realised FCAA didn't kick in when your car is just crawling in heavy traffic which is when you are moving too slowly, only the parking sensors beeped in that case. It automaticlly defines a safe distance to apply automatic brakes based on the speed of the car which is amazing. If the car is too fast as in when you drive on highways, FCAA will kick in pretty soon, but if you're stuck in traffic FCAA won't kick in unless you're almost about to bump the vehicle infront of you. So, once you get the hang of it, driving with ADAS on, in city traffic is not as troublesome as some might think.

The final realization about it's benefits came when once I had a pretty rough day work. I was driving back home still thinking about all that went wrong that day and not paying much attention to what was on road and suddenly breaks were applied automatically after the vehicle infront for me had stopped abruptly. No damage was done. If not for ADAS that would have 100% been my first road accident in my new car.

All in all, my driving practices have been altered so much (for the better)in these 3 months that I now no longer get any beeps and warnings from the cars ADAS system without any conscious effort on my part. It's become a habbit now.

PS: I do keep the Lane Keep Assist and Lane Following Assist off in city traffic and turn them on alongwith dynamic cruise control only on highways.
Mr Anderson is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 10:44   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted.arrow View Post
Hey, thanks for sharing. Any clarity whether this discount is on ex showroom price or company services (warranty, service package etc) or the dealer services (insurance, accessories etc)?
Sorry for the late response. I got to know that dealer was offering 10K discount on the car and 10-15K worth of accessories. And some insurance discount.
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 10:48   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post
Could you specify for which variant they told for this, as I've booked the Petrol manual HTX variant with Allied motors. They refused completely when asked for this. Also they are saying prices will be increased in January, hence planning for this delivery for this month only.

Just for information, they provided accessories worth 8k when I negotiated with them, in case it's of help for people finalizing in Delhi/NCR.
I am not sure of variant. As I got the whatsapp message from the dealer that they are providing 10k discount on car, 10-15k worth of accessories.
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 11:57   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
PS: I do keep the Lane Keep Assist and Lane Following Assist off in city traffic and turn them on alongwith dynamic cruise control only on highways.
Nice to hear that!

Reading few responses on forum, I thought we can use adaptive cruise even in city conditions. Is that not the case?
Old 15th December 2023, 12:25   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
I am not sure of variant. As I got the whatsapp message from the dealer that they are providing 10k discount on car, 10-15k worth of accessories.
My delivery is due by 20th December, as from 1st January Kia India is increasing prices. Was in lot of dilemma between Urban Cruiser Hyryder and Seltos.

Had booked Seltos 22nd May 2022, still no sign of delivery from Uttam Toyota, even the GM Sales was clueless about delivery. Sad part on Toyota's front.

Finally happy with Kia, looks badass and feels aggressive. Also, cherry on cake I got 50% discount on all accessories. Must say Allied Kia CP is very professional till now.

Will keep posted post-delivery.
Old 15th December 2023, 12:43   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Nice to hear that!

Reading few responses on forum, I thought we can use adaptive cruise even in city conditions. Is that not the case?

You can, but it makes no sense to be honest. You need an initial speed of atleast 40kmph to activate it in the first place which is not possible every time within in city traffic. You are also bound to press breaks more often in city traffic out of instinct even if you know adaptive cruise control could do that for you. And once you press the breaks, cruise control gets switched off.

Also unlike FCAA which, in city traffic, allows you to get much closer to the vehicle ahead of you before kicking in, adaptive cruise control will kick in from a fair distance away and reduce your speed even if set at the lowest possible value. It makes no sense to maintain that much distance in sluggish city traffic.

On the highways it's pretty helpful though to rest your legs and achieve better milage.
Mr Anderson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 13:33   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
You can, but it makes no sense to be honest. You need an initial speed of atleast 40kmph to activate it in the first place which is not possible every time within in city traffic.
Doesn't the seltos get adaptive cruise control with stop and go function? I believed it gets this, which effectively should work in even stop and go traffic.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 14:07   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Doesn't the seltos get adaptive cruise control with stop and go function? I believed it gets this, which effectively should work in even stop and go traffic.
Yes it does, but again you need an initial speed of 40kmph to activate it after which the stop and go feature will work flawlessly and your adaptive cruise control can make your car go all the way down to zero speed without you needing to press breaks. But you have to reach 40kmph atleast once to engage it. If you are in a sluggish traffic, how are you going to satisfy the initial condition to even activate it in the first place?

And if you press the breaks even once(out of instinct)the cruise control will get disengaged. So, now you will again have to reach a speed of 40 kmph in traffic and activate it again.

Also, even though it will work perfectly in stop go traffic(assuming you never press the break instinctively), dynamic cruise control will make your car slow down and stop if needed, when their is still a fairly large distance between your car and the vehicle ahead of you, even when you set it to the lowest possible distance between vehicles, which is not feasible in sluggish traffic. Some two wheeler or even a four wheeler can cut you off and get in the middle of your way. There will be more than enough space for them to come in between your car and the vehicle infront of you and most of them will do it which is annoying to be honest.

To me it's not usable in city traffic.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 15th December 2023 at 14:36.
Mr Anderson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 15:15   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
If you go for R17 you will have to downsize your rims too. Other option is that you could ask the showroom to ask any other customer who is buying a lower variant HTX and exchange the tyres and rims with them. Many people would be happy to have bigger rims on their cars due to the fad value.
As for headlights, I will skip this, as most of my drive will be in city. And also don't want to compromise my warranty so soon. But will love to know your experience whenever you replace them.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th December 2023 at 16:03. Reason: Please avoid quoting a full long post. Thank you!
Old 15th December 2023, 16:46   #1259
BHPian

Hi people from Delhi & Gurgaon, any PPF recommendations? . My uncle is taking the delivery of his seltos soon and wanted to get it done.
Old 15th December 2023, 16:52   #1260
BHPian

Hello members,

My delivery for White Kia Seltos is due next week, the OEM tyres are probably JK Royale UX with 215/60/R17, I'm thinking of upgrading them to 225/60/R17 with a better brand such as Yokos/michelin or bridgestone.

225 section will anyday provide better stability over high speeds/braking and cornering.
Was driving Honda city earlier with 195 section swapped over 175 & the difference was great in ride comfort as well as stability.

Will this hamper warranty as it has TPMS etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks