Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2023, 17:10   #1216
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
I was informed by SA that seat belt Reminder will work for front seats . But what I noticed is , when car is on the move, if rear sear passenger tries to unfasten seat belt , we get alerts . But if, rear passenger never fastens seatbelts from the start , then there is no alerts .
Not sure , if the system is designed to work this way.
If the passenger is seated without seatbelt buckled and car is driven from standstill, after a certain speed the alert will kick in but if you continue crawling no alarm will sound. It's a matter of being below or above the pre-set speed threshold.

This is my understanding of the system, does it not work this way?
Old 8th December 2023, 17:18   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
This is my understanding of the system, does it not work this way?
It works this way only for front seats but not for rear . In rear seats , if a passenger is seated and never wears a seatbelt , I don't get alerts irrespective of speed . But if rear seat passenger , who was either wearing seatbelt from the start or decides to wear when vehicle in motion and decides to unfasten it , I get alerts till they fasten it again.
Old 8th December 2023, 17:33   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
It works this way only for front seats but not for rear . In rear seats , if a passenger is seated and never wears a seatbelt , I don't get alerts irrespective of speed . But if rear seat passenger , who was either wearing seatbelt from the start or decides to wear when vehicle in motion and decides to unfasten it , I get alerts till they fasten it again.
Oh sorry I missed "rear", I thought the alarms are always for front seats only. Blessing if its for rear also, I'm expecting car in a few days will try it out and update here.
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 08:17   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

SA from Aman Kia from Pune has been saying that we need to mandatorily purchase insurance from their side. Can I ask him to give this in email with some higher ups in CC ? If yes, who those higher ups should be ? He has the right combination of variant transmission and color readily available and maybe that is why he forcing Kia insurance onto me.
Old 9th December 2023, 10:06   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
SA from Aman Kia from Pune has been saying that we need to mandatorily purchase insurance from their side. Can I ask him to give this in email with some higher ups in CC ? If yes, who those higher ups should be ? He has the right combination of variant transmission and color readily available and maybe that is why he forcing Kia insurance onto me.
Don't fall for it, Kia insurance is too overpriced for what it offers, hold your ground, and if you want you may get the My Convenience Plus (service, RSA, EW) package, the savings on getting insurance outside for a couple of years will itself outweigh the markup they have on their insurance.

There is no compulsion. they just want to sell you their overpriced insurance and are making up things about it. they will not give you it in the mail as it is not official policy or anything as such. Yes, he is forcing these on you as they have leverage and they have the car you want.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 20:52   #1221
Senior - BHPian

This could be little redundant but can you keep both maps active (Inbuilt and Android Auto?). I ask this because, I like the Map direction display in MID, and would like to keep it active whenever I am on a journey. At the same time, would also keep Google maps active since they offer better accuracy. I believe the MID's map directions don't work with Android auto's google maps?
Old 9th December 2023, 21:10   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
This could be little redundant but can you keep both maps active (Inbuilt and Android Auto?). I ask this because, I like the Map direction display in MID, and would like to keep it active whenever I am on a journey. At the same time, would also keep Google maps active since they offer better accuracy. I believe the MID's map directions don't work with Android auto's google maps?
Yes, MID won't work with Google Maps. One way (not convenient) is to start navigation on Kia maps and then on AA/CP as well. I'm guessing the MID will show the directions from Kia maps. Never tried, to be honest.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 00:36   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Today while finalizing the booking terms with my SA he mentioned that PDI is available only after complete payment. Is this something to be concerned off ? I had mentioned to him that I want seltos GT Line in glacier white with one touch up down for all windows. New one's don't have the functionality in GT Line term. Is the SA trying to hide something?

I have already made booking worth 25K with him.
Old 10th December 2023, 05:39   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Today while finalizing the booking terms with my SA he mentioned that PDI is available only after complete payment. Is this something to be concerned off ? I had mentioned to him that I want seltos GT Line in glacier white with one touch up down for all windows. New one's don't have the functionality in GT Line term. Is the SA trying to hide something?

I have already made booking worth 25K with him.
Tell him, you will release payment immediately after PDI and PDI is a must, these are tactics used by the SAs to ensure they receive the full amount at the earliest, s they can be assured of the sale even if during PDI, you find something faulty. I insisted on PDI before full payment, but there was nothing wrong during PDI, so I paid the full amount within a couple of hours of PDI and got the car the next day.

However, my cousin wasn't so lucky as he paid the full amount before PDI on the insistence of the SA, and on PDI, the car had some issues including scratches and the like, the manufacturing date was also more than a couple of months old, so he was sure there was something wrong, it had been rejected by a couple of other customers as well, He asked for another car and didn't go ahead with it and had to wait another month for the next set of cars to arrive, before he could get his.

So, be careful and don't pay the complete amount before PDI, but give your word that you will transfer the amount immediately after the PDI, if they have nothing to hide, they will accept your proposal and allow you PDI before payment.
bijims is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 09:20   #1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitesnow View Post
Your colour choice is awesome. Looking great!

Question for you! I got the GTX+ and want to replace the tyres. Where do you get 225/55 R18?

I only see these tyres on the market. None of which I'm too keen on. I want to get continentals or perhaps Yokohama

https://www.tyremarket.com/Search/Car-Tyres/225-55-R18
Anyone know about this?

Want to get Yokohama or Continental.. but neither brand makes 225/55 R18
Old 10th December 2023, 23:19   #1226
BHPian

Hi Guys, got a message from Epitome Kia Bangalore, that there is a discount up to 47k on Seltos. If anyone is planning to buy or take delivery this month then negotiate with your dealer. Thought of sharing this info with wider audience.

Attachment 2542223

Last edited by bizi05 : 10th December 2023 at 23:47.
bizi05 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 22:08   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcoming our new addition to our home today. Our new Kia Seltos X Line S Diesel AT.
After a lot of flip flops between different cars, we finally settled on the Seltos Xline in Matt Graphite colour. Inspite of the Anti Diesel lobby in NCR, I still went with Diesel as my daily driving is 100kms (Gurgaon to Noida and back) and in a year I cover 30k kms. So it had to be either a fuel efficient diesel Automatic or a Hybrid. Did not like the Maruti Toyota twins so went once again with Diesel. The Diesel Auto in the Seltos is very efficient and quiet.
Will start an ownership thread in a few days after I clock a few thousand kms!
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231211_220153.jpg
Behemoth is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 10:49   #1228
Senior - BHPian

I am visiting stock yard of Kia dealer in Pune for PDI. Can someone please guide where I can find the VIN of Seltos facelift?
Old 12th December 2023, 11:00   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
I am visiting the stockyard of a Kia dealer in Pune for PDI. Can someone please guide where I can find the VIN of the Seltos facelift?
Sorry for not answering your query. But you can try Zekardho for PDI as they will do a thorough inspection with an OBD scanner and paint gauge
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 11:04   #1230
BHPian

AA/AC Query

Hello Guys,

I have a HTX version. I am not able to conclude whether this variant has a wireless or a wired AA/AC connectivity. Can anyone please confirm?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks