Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2023, 14:23   #1186

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Had ordered the carlinkit 5 on 27th November. Got it delivered today. Got a 12V charger as gift. Got it for 59USD (using coupon code). Works flawlessly. Zero lag in Android Auto. Now i can enjoy wireless charging and AA at the same time.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20231205_105116.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20231205_141735_samsung-internet.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 5th December 2023 at 14:41. Reason: Inserting pictures
rajat_dehli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 15:58   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat_dehli View Post
Had ordered the carlinkit 5 on 27th November. Got it delivered today. Got a 12V charger as gift. Got it for 59USD (using coupon code). Works flawlessly. Zero lag in Android Auto. Now i can enjoy wireless charging and AA at the same time.

Attachment 2539863

Attachment 2539864
I had read on this forum itself, that KIA had managed to resolve the issue with the navigation vendor and soon we can expect a software update to enable wireless AA/Carplay in GTX+ & X-line.

I am not sure how true this news is and if so, by when will the update arrive.
Old 5th December 2023, 17:09   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

To all the X Line and GT Line users, I would like to hear your feedback about the ADAS functions. I am torn between Carens Luxury + DCT, Seltos HTX+ DCT and GT Line variant, and had been little sceptical as to how ADAS will perform in our conditions. My queries-

1) How good is the adaptive cruise control. With ADAS I heard, it's either Adaptive cruise control or no cruise control. How well is it calibrated to our highway conditions? If it isn't well calibrated am I good using the normal cruise control with HTX+ DCT?

2) Your review of other ADAS functions? If they are merely gimmicks, can we individually turn off each of them? Also once turned off, do they stay OFF or we need to turn OFF each time we start the car?

3) I am considering the GT Line only for following add ons- EPB, Auto Hold, 360 degree camera, blind view monitor and rain sensing wipers. If the ADAS isn't worth it, I am even thinking of going for a Carens Luxury + (captain seat version, we are family of 4). Carens would offer a better low speed ride, excellent space and practicality, and except EPB, auto hold and 360 degree camera and ADAS, all the features of a Seltos GT Line. I would save a cool 1.5L over the Seltos.

Last edited by 07CR : 5th December 2023 at 17:37.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 17:29   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
To all the X Line and GT Line users, I would like to hear your feedback about the ADAS functions. I am torn between Carens Luxury + DCT, Seltos HTX+ DCT and GT Line variant, and had been little sceptical as to how ADAS will perform in our conditions. My queries-

1) How good is the adaptive cruise control. With ADAS I heard, it's either Adaptive cruise control or no cruise control. How well is it calibrated to our highway conditions? If it isn't well calibrated am I good using the normal cruise control with HTX+ DCT?

2) Your review of other ADAS functions? If they are merely gimmicks, can we individually turn off each of them? Also once turned off, do they stay OFF or we need to turn OFF each time we start the car?

3) I am considering the GT Line only for following add ons- EPB, Auto Hold, 360 degree camera, blind view monitor and rain sensing wipers. If the ADAS isn't worth it, I am even thinking of going for a Carens Luxury + (captain seat version, we are family of 4). Carens would offer a better low speed ride, excellent space and practicality, and except EPB, auto hold and 360 degree camera and ADAS, all the features of a Seltos GT Line.
It's been a month since I got my GTX+ and have driven close to 750km. I'll try my best to clarify your doubts.

1. I haven't used Cruise Control as I've mostly driven within the city. I hope other members here will be able to help you out better.

2. ADAS is mostly useless for city driving. I've disabled nearly everything except rear collision assist and blind spot monitoring. Thankfully, they stay off till we turn them back on.

3. I really admire (and thankful for) features like EPB, Hill assist, Auto hold, Auto stop/start, 360-deg camera, etc. They are a boon to drive in city traffic (especially in Bangalore). If not for ADAS, I'd recommend GTX for these features at least. Not sure if Carens top-end come with these features. If it does, then you can definitely consider that.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 18:41   #1190
BHPian

Quote:

3) I am considering the GT Line only for following add ons- EPB, Auto Hold, 360 degree camera, blind view monitor and rain sensing wipers. If the ADAS isn't worth it, I am even thinking of going for a Carens Luxury + (captain seat version, we are family of 4). Carens would offer a better low speed ride, excellent space and practicality, and except EPB, auto hold and 360 degree camera and ADAS, all the features of a Seltos GT Line. I would save a cool 1.5L over the Seltos.
Over a month and 1000+ KMs of driving GTX+, here is my take.

1. ACC is very useful while driving on highways or even within a city if you have wide roads (e.g. Noida/Delhi). While on highways, you may want to keep it on for longer stretches, on city roads, it helps to give rest to your legs in short intervals.

ACC has an option of choosing the distance of 3, 4 or 5 car lengths and depending on the chosen option it slows down the car if it spots a vehicle ahead. Now while on one hand we can be happy for the safety aspect, but some times it is irritating (given that we are accustomed to slightly lesser distances) that if the vehicle ahead moves even slightly in your lane, the ACC will apply breaks.

2. Some ADAS features are impractical, some are extremely useful and some are like 50-50, depends on user. My thoughts based on experience.

A) FCW & FCAA: If it was just a warning, it was fine, but since it applies emergency brake, it is highly impractical in our road conditions. It may in fact lead to a rear collision. I switched it off after a near miss on Day 1 itself.

B) LDW, LKA, LFA: Useful on highway and wide city roads (during less traffic). Not so much on city roads with moderate to high traffic. But it really depends on the user.

C) LVDA & HBA, RSW: Gimmick

D) DAW, SEW, BSCW, BSCAA, RCTW, RCTCAA, 360 Camera: Extremely useful in daily drives.

3) Auto-Hold, Electronic Start-Stop: Absolutely godsend.

FCW: Front Collision Avoidance
FCAA: Front Collision Avoidance Assist
LDW: Lane Departure Warning
LKA: Lane Keep Assist
LFA: Lane Following Assist
LVDA: Leading Vehicle Departure Alert
HBA: High Beam Assist
RSW: Rain Sensing Wipers
DAW: Driver Attention Warning
SEW: Safe Exit Warning
BSCW: Blind Spot Collision Warning
BSCAA: Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist
RCTW: Rear Cross Traffic Warning
RCTCAA: Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist
GTX+ is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 23:05   #1191
BHPian

Hi all, a quick question.

Has anyone tried installing any auto dimming IRVM in Seltos? If yes, please guide how and from where you procured it?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th December 2023 at 22:50. Reason: typos
sunnsood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 23:17   #1192
BHPian

Confusing aspects of USB ports on Seltos

Apologies up front if my post seems trivial and confusing but please hear me out.

I'm using three USB-based accessories in my GTX+.
  1. the Viofo A139 Pro dashcam
  2. the Carlinkit T-box Plus for wireless AA/CP
  3. a USB cable for charging

Considering the layout of ports on Seltos, I'm using a triple USB adapter for the 12V socket.

Now, here's my dilemma.

ONLY the USB Type-A port stays powered up when the engine is ON and ignition is OFF. Neither the 12V socket, nor the USB Type-C port stay powered when ignition is off. This is a bummer for me.

I'd like to have the dashcam running if I'm in a long signal, so I'm using the USB type-A port for dashcam. Unfortunately, this means, I can't use CarPlay if I keep the ignition off. I even tried the rear seat USB ports, and even they don't work with ignition off.

Do any of you face the same issue? Can you think of a workaround to have both dashcam and wireless carplay work simultaneously?
Old 6th December 2023, 11:21   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
3. I really admire (and thankful for) features like EPB, Hill assist, Auto hold, Auto stop/start, 360-deg camera, etc. They are a boon to drive in city traffic (especially in Bangalore). If not for ADAS, I'd recommend GTX for these features at least. Not sure if Carens top-end come with these features. If it does, then you can definitely consider that.
Carens gets the Hill assist, front parking sensors. But misses out on 360 camera and auto hold, also ADAS. But other than that it's a feature loaded car, with one touch up down for all windows, same MID as the Seltos, very aesthetic mood lighting, rain sensing wipers etc. On top of that its even priced 1.5L lesser than GT Line Seltos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
1. ACC is very useful while driving on highways or even within a city if you have wide roads (e.g. Noida/Delhi). While on highways, you may want to keep it on for longer stretches, on city roads, it helps to give rest to your legs in short intervals.
Thanks. That answers a lot of questions. However, on the Adaptive cruise control, do you ever feel that you were better off with a normal cruise control, or do you prefer the Adaptive cruise over normal cruise control?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:42   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That answers a lot of questions. However, on the Adaptive cruise control, do you ever feel that you were better off with a normal cruise control, or do you prefer the Adaptive cruise over normal cruise control?
Oh definitely ACC. I never dared to use the normal CC in city driving. But you can still use ACC on city roads which are wide enough and have up to moderate traffic.

But this is me. Someone else might like the normal CC over ACC. So it all comes down to what is one comfortable with.
GTX+ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 15:01   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
However, on the Adaptive cruise control, do you ever feel that you were better off with a normal cruise control, or do you prefer the Adaptive cruise over normal cruise control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Oh definitely ACC.
ACC all the way.
I haven't driven any car with just CC. Now that I have the Verna, equipped with ACC, I can vouch for the comfort it offers. You can just let the ADAS take over and relax both your legs for a while (stay fully aware of the surroundings and hands on the steering wheel).

In Verna, and hence, I believe that in Seltos, we can set 3 or 4 levels of the distance before which the cars starts braking if there is another vehicle/obstruction ahead. I select level-2 for city and level-3 for highway. It's such a boon.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 16:12   #1196
BHPian

Hey everyone! I was looking to buy Seltos, which will mostly be used by my Father. Hence, no ADAS. Also, not for regular drives, hence, Petrol only.
The 2 variants I narrowed down are 1. HTX Plus iMT 2. HTX Plus DCT.
There is no IVT in HTX Plus.

So, considering city drive, which gear box will be better for my Father keeping Mileage and durability in mind?

Thank you!
Old 6th December 2023, 16:39   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasshhhh View Post
So, considering city drive, which gear box will be better for my Father keeping Mileage and durability in mind? Thank you!
Considering your requirements and use case, HTX+ iMT should be an ideal choice. Good mileage, low maintenance and easy of driving.
GTX+ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 18:47   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasshhhh View Post
Hey everyone! I was looking to buy Seltos, which will mostly be used by my Father. Hence, no ADAS. Also, not for regular drives, hence, Petrol only.
The 2 variants I narrowed down are 1. HTX Plus iMT 2. HTX Plus DCT.
There is no IVT in HTX Plus.

So, considering city drive, which gear box will be better for my Father keeping Mileage and durability in mind?

Thank you!
Why rule out ADAS for your father? Rear cross traffic alerts and blind spot alerts, with braking, are sufficient enough reasons for using ADAS. Just consider the additional safety it brings. This is in addition to the 360° camera which eases the driving and parking tremendously.

Saying all this, as you are also considering HTX plus DCT which has a minimal price difference with GTX plus DCT. The latter also comes with auto hold. Coupled with Idle Stop & Go, auto hold does not put strain on DCT box in crawling traffic.

iMT is a manual transmission without the use of a clutch. My suggestion would to go in for auto transmission if one is spending that much money on a car.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 19:29   #1199
Senior - BHPian

About the traction modes in Seltos. Do they make any difference?

Also while test driving, by mistake I changed the traction mode to to sand mode. There are two more mud and wet as well. But there is no normal mode. If I change it to any of these, does it inadvertently stay in the same traction mode? How do I get to "Normal" Traction mode?
Old 6th December 2023, 20:10   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
About the traction modes in Seltos. Do they make any difference?
One word, GIMMICK. The tractions modes in the Kia Seltos / Sonet are just for namesake and have no practical purpose.

You don’t have to bother in which mode they are in.

What matters are only the ‘Drive’ modes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks