Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2023, 23:53   #1141
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by northofeast View Post
What is the ideal time to do PDI, post registration or pre registration? Considering the car will have to be brought to the showroom for delivery from the stock yard. The car is brought to the showroom during registration so isn’t it better to do PDI then?
You must do the PDI mandatorily before making any payment apart from Booking Amount at their stockyard. Once you are satisfied with the PDI, you can make the payment and do other formalities.
Alphaseal6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 10:12   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealership and how long before you got your car?
Sakinaka Andheri East, I still have not got the car booked it on 26 OCT. Although he did call me yesterday that one has been alloted / assigned so maybe I'll be getting it soon. The delivery times are all estimated they won't follow it, instead they'll play subtly on how desperate you can get.

Quote:
I am in the exact same boat. My SA went a level further and asked me to cancel my booking if I can’t wait for 2 weeks. It’s already been 3 weeks since my booking where the SA offered me 4-5 cars with expensive addons.
2 months k wait time is normal. I did get 2 calls since booking where they tried to create a panicked rush rush situation asking me to take the car with loaded accessories and coatings as it has just been released and there is huge demand for it blah blah... I simply told him to eat an apple and calm down I'll be waiting for mine as per booked specs I dont want any other. He got the message the second time and 3-4 days later a car was alloted.

It's all a game, the moment they see an opening they start milking. I wanted to keep the status quo. I've been telling him from day one that I don't really want this car I'm more keen on another home grown brand and I will switch as soon as a good deal comes its a better ar blah blah been keeping him on edge I am not taking insurance from them, accessories I might ... getting the convenience plan as a trial lets see.
Old 30th November 2023, 11:12   #1143
BHPian

Have any of you faced this problem with Seltos?

I was at the yard for PDI of the Seltos that my friend is considering to buy. It is a GTX+ Turbo DCT with 18 inch wheels.
When they brought the car for the PDI into a shed, the bottom of the front bumper scraped the ramp of the shed. It scraped while reversing too at the slowest possible speed. It is a concrete ramp and the angle should be 30 degrees or less.
We are now confused if it will be an issue in real time when we go over poorly designed ramps or speed breakers.

We then asked them to park a Sonet in the same shed and it was able to clear the ramp without scraping.

Please share your experience. Thanks!
Old 30th November 2023, 11:21   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Have any of you faced this problem with Seltos?

We are now confused if it will be an issue in real time when we go over poorly designed ramps or speed breakers.
That's a known design issue since gen 1 Seltos. The front air deflector scrapes at some of the ramps (never faced with speed breaker). But to its credit, it is very well built and flexible; it can withstand those scrapes without any issue.

Jeep Compass has a similar air deflector design which is further low lying and hence, even more prone to scraping.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 11:27   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
That's a known design issue since gen 1 Seltos. The front air deflector scrapes at some of the ramps (never faced with speed breaker). But to its credit, it is very well built and flexible; it can withstand those scrapes without any issue.
Thank you for the quick response and it is reassuring.
The last place I expected to experience such an issue is the dealer's yard!
Old 30th November 2023, 16:23   #1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
One Touch Sunroof open/close not working

My daughter was trying to open/close the sun roof a few days back and since then the one touch stopped working. I saw several videos on YouTube suggesting to hold the button till the glass opens from the back and resets the system. Sadly, it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else faced this problem? How did you fix it?
I have faced this problem from the very first day too. It seems to be a common bug with apparently an easy fix. But i've not had the time to find a way around it, i'd seen videos that suggested the method you've mentioned too but haven't tried yet.

Let us know if you're able to find a way around the issue please. P.S. apologies for no meaningful input.
Old 1st December 2023, 07:29   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauk2mi View Post
[*]On the very first day, I switched out the Apollo tires for Yokohama 225/55 R18. I managed to get 28k for the Apollo tires. Despite options like Continental and Bridgestone, I opted for Yokohama.
How is the ride comfort and steering feel with the upsize?
Old 1st December 2023, 14:20   #1148
BHPian

Hit the 5000km mark on my GTX+ Diesel AT. Bought on September 30th, owning and enjoying the car has been a smooth journey.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231201_0754178572.jpg  

bharathdonti is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 17:18   #1149
BHPian

Guys can anyone recommend the official accessories (if any) are worth taking for HTX?
Old 1st December 2023, 18:07   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Hit the 5000km mark on my GTX+ Diesel AT. Bought on September 30th, owning and enjoying the car has been a smooth journey.
Congratulations! I am also considering a Seltos, but confused between DCT and Diesel AT, primarily scared by the DPF related issues.

Did you encounter any DPF related issue? How is your daily usage- City? Highway? Low speed or high speed?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:35   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations! I am also considering a Seltos, but confused between DCT and Diesel AT, primarily scared by the DPF related issues.

Did you encounter any DPF related issue? How is your daily usage- City? Highway? Low speed or high speed?
I haven't faced any DPF issues to date. My driving is of 80% highway and 20% city usage. Even in city conditions, given my residence in a town, I rarely encounter bumper-to-bumper traffic.
bharathdonti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:01   #1152

I might get my seltos GTX+ S petrol automatic next week. I had a couple of questions:
1. Any accessories worth getting from the dealership? If not, what accessories are worth getting from dealership or outside?
2. Is My convenience package worth it? Would it make my service for 5 years free of cost?
Old 1st December 2023, 19:36   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
I might get my seltos GTX+ S petrol automatic next week. I had a couple of questions:
1. Any accessories worth getting from the dealership? If not, what accessories are worth getting from dealership or outside?
2. Is My convenience package worth it? Would it make my service for 5 years free of cost?
1. GTX+ is fairly well equipped. Essentially you do not require any accessories other than floor and boot mats. Rest accesories are your choice. You can get them from dealer or outside.

2. My convenience plus is a good package to have as it makes your normal service free for five years.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:49   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
1. GTX+ is fairly well equipped. Essentially you do not require any accessories other than floor and boot mats. Rest accesories are your choice. You can get them from dealer or outside.

2. My convenience plus is a good package to have as it makes your normal service free for five years.
In addition to the above, here are the accessories I chose:

1) Full Floor Matting - Given that I have a 3-year-old, I selected this option for peace of mind and the convenience of cleaning.
2) 3D Floor Mat
3) Sun Shades for the front doors and the boot
bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:54   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post

Is anti rust required? I am near the sea in Mumbai.

How many normal services does one usually have in 5 years?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks