Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:45   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
Does the Kia Connect app still show Trips for others? I could get information on my daily and aggregated trips on the app till yesterday and since last night it's simply vanished. AFAIK the app hasn't been updated, just the Trips section is no longer available. Could someone confirm if this is the case or if the app is just being buggy.
Yes, it's working just fine and I see my latest trip details as well. I'm on iOS, if that helps.
Old 23rd November 2023, 23:07   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Seltos family

Hey, thank you!

Did u get the black color? If yes, recommendations please on PPF.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2023 at 16:06. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 24th November 2023, 08:45   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
Does the Kia Connect app still show Trips for others? I could get information on my daily and aggregated trips on the app till yesterday and since last night it's simply vanished. AFAIK the app hasn't been updated, just the Trips section is no longer available. Could someone confirm if this is the case or if the app is just being buggy.
There has been an update for the Android devices. Post the update, you will find my trips under Vehicle Report-->Driving Info-->Driving Info Detail
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20231124084428.png  

bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 10:01   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Could you try pressing the volume button forward? (not up/down)
Thanks for the information. I don't know how I missed such a simple solution. Mute does work when pushing the volume button in.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 11:15   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Hey, thank you!

Did u get the black color? If yes, recommendations please on PPF.
Yes my GTX+ is black. I had set aside a limited range budget for PPF, which was less than 1L. There are few options in the range of 60K to 1L, e.g Garware Plus (3 year warranty), Garware Premium (5 Yr), Paintguard (3 & 5 Yrs) and some detailing shops had their own PPF (again offering 3 to 5 Yrs).

Above 1L, you have 3M, Lumar etc. I mean there is no limit how high you can go.

I went for Garware Premium, costed me 85K with some complimentary coating.

My recommendation, whichever PPF you go for, it is important that you choose a detailer who has experienced and skilled staff. Cuz if not properly applied, the most high end, premium PPF coating will also be useless. So visit at many detailers as you can and check out the cars they have done PPF on and choose the one which you think is the best.

Good luck.

Cheers
M

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2023 at 16:06. Reason: Quoted post edited.
GTX+ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 14:49   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Yes my GTX+ is black. I had set aside a limited range budget for PPF, which was less than 1L. There are few options in the range of 60K to 1L, e.g Garware Plus (3 year warranty), Garware Premium (5 Yr), Paintguard (3 & 5 Yrs) and some detailing shops had their own PPF (again offering 3 to 5 Yrs).
Can you suggest a dealer if you have got it done from Noida/ Ghaziabad? I too am not looking to spend too much on it. Your reviews for Garware Premium? How is the finish? It would be great if you could share a couple of pics as well.

Thanks !

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th November 2023 at 14:54. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Alphaseal6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 17:44   #1102

Planning to get this dashcam for my Seltos GTX+: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL4FQBQV

I called my SA(PPS Kia, Bangalore) to check if they would install it, and they said they would for an additional charge. However, they also mentioned that it will not be hardwired, and the power will come from the cigarette lighter.

Would that not drain the battery when the engine is off, especially when there is traffic with auto stop-and-go always on? I stay in Bangalore, so this happens a lot.

They also mentioned that while they will do their best to hide the wires, some of it will be visible in the front as well as the back.

Any suggestions around this?
neoone042 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 19:20   #1103
BHPian

Purchase experience of a new petrol Seltos GTX+

The backstory
I've been a fan of the Seltos ever since its release in 2019. Back then, I'd bought the GTX+ MT as a retirement present for my dad and two of the things that sealed the deal in favor of the Seltos were:
1. The sheer amount of tech in the car and Kia's attention to detail in the car interiors
2. The showroom experience at Automotives De Cristal in Goa

Creature comforts like ventilated seats and useful driving aids like the 360° camera really imprinted on me back at a time when no other car in the segment came anywhere close to this offering. What I didn't like much about the car were the blocky binnacle and the rather stiff suspension. When I saw the facelift with the refreshed binnacle and retuned suspension, not to mention even more tech thrown in with ADAS, I knew it was time to take the plunge and say a fond farewell to Kelly the Kwid, my trusty sidekick of almost 7 years.

Early promising signs
While I had my heart set on the Seltos, I thought it'd be remiss of me to not at least give the other cars in the segment a fair fighting chance. Among these, the Taigun's driving dynamics strongly tempted me, but the interiors felt a couple of steps down from the Seltos. JSP Kia at Marathahalli ORR was just a couple km down the road from my residence so I went there with stars in my eyes and a ready checkbook. Initial impression of the showroom was...underwhelming but, in my mind, irrelevant. What I wanted was a hassle-free purchase experience and a good solid car to enjoy for the next half decade or so. Oh boy.

As this section header indicates, early signs were promising. The SA agreed to my terms of:
1. No payment beyond the booking amount before getting a PDI
2. Matching the insurance quote I received from outside or accepting that I'd buy the insurance myself
3. Installing a dual channel dashcam (which he said they'd do free of charge)

While sorely tempted by the matte finish X-Line with its blacked out elements, research on teamBHP made me decide against it. After agonizing over the decision between a pewter olive, imperial blue, and the good ole black, I decided to go with the Pewter Olive GTX+ Turbo Petrol DCT. Is it just me or is there a sudden upsurge in the number of olive/khaki/bottle green cars of late? The amount of chrome on the exterior is still a bit much for my liking and I'd look at ways to dechrome the car maybe a year or so down the line. Even with all the chrome bits, the Seltos in this color is definitely a stunner in my utterly non-biased opinion. On October 17th, I put down the booking token and that's when things started to go a bit pear shaped.

A rude awakening and bit of a rant
N.B. For those of you who know how to deal with dealerships, you may want to skip this section or take the opportunity to laugh at a naive buyer. For those who are considering buying the car, especially from the dealership mentioned, you may want to read on.

JSP Kia's booking confirmation email had the following disclaimer in bold:
Quote:
Any verbal commitments given at the time of booking will be invalid and only written commitment according to the booking will be considered.
Kinda sus, but let's trust the SA. Mistake! More on this soon. I sat back expecting to get the car somewhere towards the end of November as communicated by the SA. Instead on October 27th, I got a call from him saying the car has been allocated and that I should make the payment. Eh? Payment? Recall point 1 above? Anyway, as the showroom was close by, I popped in for a visit. The SA tells me they need to lock in the price before the month-end, and that the car has been allocated to me. On my insistence, he even shared a VIN number with me and said it's a Kia policy that I've to pay the ex-showroom amount at least. I spoke to Kia's customer care on the call, and they said that as the car has been allocated, I could choose to pay. I...did, and the SA promised delivery of the car by Nov 8th. Here's where the real fun begins.

The following Monday I got 3 calls from the JSP Kia sales team in the span of half an hour. First the SA tells me they'll issue the invoice later that day due to issues with their backend system. A few minutes later, his manager calls me saying that the car delivery will be delayed as the car hasn't been dispatched yet by Kia. On my insistence, he agreed to refund the amount paid, for which he'd need a cancelled check from me. While I was drafting the reply to this, I get a call from his manager saying the car will be delivered latest by the 10th and that I could do a PDI on the coming weekend (Nov 4th). Talk about manic Mondays, eh? Lesson learnt, folks. Don't ever EVER pay a paisa above the booking token before you see the car in person.

The PD"I":
On the scheduled PDI day, I arrive at the stockyard to see a filthy car. Honestly, I wouldn't have known if the vehicle was olive, blue, or pink under the layer of dust. Saw Naara Kia dealer stickers on the read windshield and a PETROL sticker on the fuel cover. Looked at the VIN number and sure enough, it was different from the VIN of the vehicle supposedly allocated to me. To add to the fun, the Bangalore turned from sunny skies to a thunderstorm in the span of 5 minutes (mirroring my inner mental state) making further examination impossible. Headed back to the showroom to give the team a piece of my mind.
Surprise surprise, the Sales Manager put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the SA and put on a bit of performance art scolding him for the VIN number being miscommunicated to me and not having the car cleaned before I visited. Owing to my limited Kannada comprehension, I only caught snippets of "first impression, best impression", "again same story", in that 5 minute performance. He then got the car to the showroom so I could do a proper PDI. Of a car still streaked with mud spots in the evening shade and drizzle. Inspection indeed.

The delivery experience
At this point, I started putting everything on mail and I'm glad I did. The SA committed to deliver the car on Nov 11th with the whole delivery period taking 45-60 minutes. I arrived on schedule to see a green color car dusty both inside and out. Who's surprised? At this point, I wasn't. Took them a couple of hours to get the car cleaned and ready, with the dashcam installed. The PETROL sticker on the fuel cover was still there, which I raised with the SA who then proceed to remove it, scratching the metal cover in the process.

Of course, they didn't have the mats I'd ordered available either. The SA told me they'd arrange for the mats the next week and that he'd replace the fuel lid free of charge as well as a "goodwill gesture". Uhuh. Remembering JSP Kia's disclaimer, I demanded this in writing, and all in all, after spending about 2.5hrs there, left the showroom in a pretty foul mood after the mandatory delivery pictures.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-joel-whatfix-nov-1..jpg
Can't hide the excitement on my face after this experience

This has turned into an insanely long post, so I appreciate it if you've stuck on so far. A couple of fun post sales nuggets to keep it concise:
1. I get a call from the SA (not his official number) a couple days later saying I need to pay for the dashcam installation. Told him I have it on mail that the installation would be free of charge. He immediately disconnected.
2. The scratched fuel cover was to be replaced on Nov 13th. Anticipating their delays I decided to call the SA on the 16th to check on that and the mats, only for him to tell me that the cover was arranged but since I didn't come in, they used it for another customer. How many fuel covers are you damaging, Kia?

Ownership experience so far
In the ~300km I've driven I've had little to complain about apart from the experience with the dealership. As I'm regularly forced to reverse out of my parking on to a road, I find the reverse parking assist really handy after getting over the initial shock of the auto-applied brake. Likewise with the blind spot assist. The 360 camera is a boon and I find it easier to park/maneuver this 4.3m car than my old trusty compact hatchback. Coming from a manual, the DCT feels butter smooth apart from a bit of hesitancy at ~20-30kmph more so when coupled with an evident turbo lag. This is less so when using the paddle shifters. Considering my frame of reference is a 7-yr old entry-level hatchback, everything about this car feels incredible. More discerning drivers may find the tyres subpar or the suspension not as pliant as some others in the category, but I can't say I've found either to be problematic. The seat does lack a bit in underthigh support, but I don't find it concerning for my daily drives.

Here's hoping for many happier miles with this beast.
arcanec is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 20:11   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoone042 View Post
Planning to get this dashcam for my Seltos GTX+: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL4FQBQV

They also mentioned that while they will do their best to hide the wires, some of it will be visible in the front as well as the back.

Any suggestions around this?
I would suggest that you get it done yourself. It is pretty easy - all you need is a prying tool, which you do get in the pack, I believe. What I did was to wire it to the USB port at the back. Routed the wire throught front door beading to B pillar and then to the back door beading. It was routed under the floor mat. Neat job that no one even notices. You can try once and if you think the installation is poor, you can take it to the dealership.

I got it done in my Seltos, City and previous car Safari 2021 - I was pleased with it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2023 at 19:47. Reason: Typos.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 20:56   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoone042 View Post

Would that not drain the battery when the engine is off?
Few minutes here and there will not impact the car battery if the engine is off while you're in traffic. However, Bangalore traffic can be unpredictable

The wire that would be visible is very negligible and if the front camera is installed at a proper location, the wire will not be noticeable to anyone as it would be behind the IRVM.

Go for it

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 24th November 2023 at 21:12.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 09:07   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
There has been an update for the Android devices. Post the update, you will find my trips under Vehicle Report-->Driving Info-->Driving Info Detail
I confirm this is the same with the iOS app as well.
Old 25th November 2023, 14:34   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Can you suggest a dealer if you have got it done from Noida/ Ghaziabad? I too am not looking to spend too much on it. Your reviews for Garware Premium? How is the finish? It would be great if you could share a couple of pics as well.

Thanks !
There are a bunch of detailers in Noida and Ghaziabad. How good or average/bad they are depends on individual experience.

You may refer to this (Paint Protection Film (PPF)) post for more info on detailers:

After checking out half a dozen detailers on GZB, I went to Urban Car care in Indirapuram. Not 100% happy with the work as there are few bubbles even after a month of application. He has conveniently put the blame on poor paint work by Kia. But largely it's looking good so far.

Too early to say whether am happy or not with Garware PPF,. I went for it as it was within my budget, overall good reviews and the warranty which covers yellowing and even premature unpeeling. But yellowing is not such an issue on black cars as it's not easily visible.

Few pictures.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231125_135759.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231125_135925.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231125_143325.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231125_143302.jpg

Last edited by GTX+ : 25th November 2023 at 14:38.
GTX+ is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 16:27   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Kia has taken up an extremely bad cost cutting measure it seems.

Earlier, right from HTX variant all power windows of Seltos would be equipped with Auto Up Down feature (One touch power windows).

Now only the X Line variant gets this feature.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20231125-16_27_11kia-seltos-2023-all-variants-price-specs-_-compare-trims.png  

07CR is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 23:27   #1109
BHPian

TPMS Warning from my Kia Seltos!

Today I started getting another warning message and that was from the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. It kept on displaying the Alert with the Beep, that the Front Driver side tyre is having low pressure. So I took my vehicle to near by Petrol pump and filled air with 35 PSI in all the tyres. After filling air, I thought it will go away by its own as all tyres are now inflated, but it did not go away. Rather it continued to irritate me with the Alert. I searched for the option to reset it but there is no such setting in the car. Called Kia customer care but they redirected me to the Service Center (Not sure what is the use of Kia customer care, for any query they redirect to Service center).

After all this exercise, I called the Service Engineer of Epitome Kia. He suggested me to fill the tyre with 45 PSI (the tyre which was showing warning). This will reset the TPMS sensor and the warning message will disappear. After that we can reduce the pressure back to 35 PSI. I did the same and it worked for me. Hence thought of sharing this info with all the Owners.
bizi05 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 05:28   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
After all this exercise, I called the Service Engineer of Epitome Kia. He suggested me to fill the tyre with 45 PSI (the tyre which was showing warning). This will reset the TPMS sensor and the warning message will disappear. After that we can reduce the pressure back to 35 PSI. I did the same and it worked for me. Hence thought of sharing this info with all the Owners.
Yes, the TPMS low tyre pressure warning doesn't go away quite easily, this happened to me on my Sonet too and I had to fill it up a good 42 psi for it to go away, so I always make sure the tyre pressure never drops below 30 psi, which is when the warning message starts to appear.
bijims is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks