Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2023, 22:16   #1066
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Hey, while enquiring with dealers, I came across a HTX IVT white color that wad available couple of days ago at Allied Kia, Noida. You can once check with them.
Thanks, this would have been great, but it is the red that I’m waiting for.
Old 19th November 2023, 22:44   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Just got to know Kia dealers in Bangalore have started offering free accessories worth 25k or cashback on Seltos GTX. Is that because of year end push? They were acting so pricey when I booked 3 months back (and when I took delivery earlier this month).
Year end inventory would definitely fetch some discounts or freebies.
Alphaseal6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 23:35   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_valak View Post
Hi, I also got the carlinkit for my Seltos. I am not sure if its getting powered off at all. Even when I lock the car, the carlinlit keeps blinking. Is it the same case for you? I am worried about battery discharge.
Hi, yes, the carlinkit doesn't get powered off immediately. It blinks for a while after turning off the car as well. I think the car still keeps sending power for a few minutes after being powered down. I'll check and see if the same happens in my 2018 Creta. Though, I think there's no need to worry because the device powers off after a few minutes and the power draw should be minimal.
Old 20th November 2023, 09:31   #1069
BHPian

Choice of Fuel

Is there any consensus on the choice of petrol for the 1.5 Turbo engine? The manual mentions RON 91 and above, and the new Seltos supports E20 petrol.

A HPCL employee forcefully filled E20 petrol saying it gives better mileage. A quick search online says it actually deteriorates mileage slightly. I don't get the point of pricing it exactly same as regular petrol.

Any real advantage going with anything other than the regular (RON 91) petrol? Be it E20, XP95, XP 100, poWer 100, Speed 97 etc.?
Old 20th November 2023, 12:54   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
As the itching didn't stopped, I went to upgrade the speakers itself. Kindly note that no amplifier was installed which i planned for later (stupid mistake )
  1. Morel 4.m sound damping on doors
  2. Front Alpine type r2 2 way component speakers
  3. Rear JL Audio C2 2 way coaxial speakers
  4. Morel accudamp foam pads!

While the shop was right in pushing you to get the amplifier, im afraid they might not have explained why you needed one so badly. The alpine speakers, based on a quick google search, need 100 watts of rms power, putting it at the higher end of the entry level speaker spectrum. Combine this with the factory amp putting out 10-20 watts per channel (probably), you can see why you have to turn the volume all the way up.

When you told the shop that you weren’t getting an amp, what they should have done is recommend a different set of speakers that can play beautifully at 50-60W RMS which the factory amp can sort of drive. You would still need an amp but things wouldn't be so bad. Pioneer makes an amp for about 17-18k that can deliver over a 100W per channel. Now that you’ve spent the money on speakers, you should strongly consider something like that.
Rajiv Krishnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 13:31   #1071

I wanted to share my experience of purchasing the Kia Seltos facelift GTX+ after having owned the same variant for the past four years.

I was an early buyer of the Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT in sparkling silver when it launched back in 2019. The car was acquired through my company's car lease program, but due to the pandemic, I didn't get to drive it much. Over four years, I managed just 40,000 kilometers. As the car lease program concluded, I deliberated and eventually sold it for a great price. I used the proceeds to repay a housing loan, slashing the interest outflow by nearly 70 lakhs and reducing the tenure by 7 years! The monthly EMI I was used to didn't dictate my next financial move, so I opted for the new facelift version of the Seltos GTX+, unable to find a comparable alternative within my budget.

I made a personal booking in early September to avoid a long wait. The process, however, took longer than expected due to the asset retirement and ownership transfer, taking almost a month. Eventually, I submitted the purchase application at the office, which took an additional 2-3 weeks due to various stakeholders. Finally, the payment was made to the dealer, and the car was ready for pickup. I changed the color choice thrice during the waiting period—from pewter olive to steel silver and finally to imperial blue. Red wasn't an option, as our apartment already boasts three vehicles in that color.

The day of collection arrived after completing registrations and formalities. I preferred a simple and neat ceremony, instructing no garlands, poojas, or ribbons, and requested the removal of plastics. I added a 7D mat and a 3D boot mat as accessories but steered clear of additional chrome since, in my opinion, it detracts from the car's appearance. Surprisingly, this is the first time in 20 years of driving that I didn't take a test drive or see the vehicle in person beforehand.

Here's a summary of my car history over the past four years: Maruti 1000 (used), silver Esteem, beige Honda City, automatic Honda City, Seltos 2019 (sparkling silver), and now Seltos 2023 (imperial blue) - all top end variants!

The only disappointment I encountered with this car was the pre-installed Apollo tires; everything else, from the overall booking to the delivery experience, was flawless.

Having driven both variants, here's my breakdown of what I find different and better.
  • The engine operates incredibly smoothly, delivering power precisely when needed. Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels are exceptionally well-managed. Kia's insulation against outside noise is impressive—I could hardly tell the engine was running even at higher RPMs.
  • The Bose speaker system outshines the previous version by far. Even my daughter, who's the primary DJ in the car, agrees. I'm confident it'll suffice, especially if I follow the advice of some fellow car enthusiasts to dampen the doors.
  • Activating Kia Connect was effortless; it began working from day one. I only had to contact Kia Care to remove the previous vehicle, which they did proactively before the new car arrived.
  • I noticed that the lumbar support in the previous model was slightly better, but I don't experience any discomfort with the new seats.
  • The interior feels incredibly spacious despite the black color scheme, which doesn't detract from its appearance or make it seem smaller.
  • The panoramic sunroof adds to the roomy, airy feel inside. Rear passengers now get to enjoy the weather outside, particularly during rainy days.
  • The car utilizes space efficiently, with covered cupholders and various slots for storing a mobile phone or wallet.
  • The dashboard resembles a cockpit with all essential controls, beautifully designed. The themed approach for different driving modes—normal, sport, eco, or dynamic—is neat.
  • The Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) are a boon; adaptive cruise control and lane assist are both cool and very helpful. These features aren't for aggressive drivers, as the systems encourage disciplined driving. Of course, you can always disable them if they're not your preference.
  • If you're not accustomed to indicating before changing lanes, you might find it irritating as the car attempts to guide you back into the lane when this setting is enabled.
  • The 360-degree camera and sensors activate automatically in city traffic. It's a fantastic feature that helps avoid scratches and maintain a safe distance. I used to activate this manually in the previous car, but now it's automatic.
  • The air conditioning is adequate and comfortable. Dual-zone settings cater to both driver and passenger preferences for different climate settings.
  • The car's height can pose challenges for the car cleaning personnel; it's tall, limiting their reach to certain spots.
  • On the very first day, I switched out the Apollo tires for Yokohama 225/55 R18. I managed to get 28k for the Apollo tires. Despite options like Continental and Bridgestone, I opted for Yokohama.
  • Depending on the lighting and surroundings, the car in imperial blue displays various hues—shifting between black, dark blue, and occasionally even hints of purple!

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_7920.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_7924.jpg
tauk2mi is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 16:07   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Just got to know Kia dealers in Bangalore have started offering free accessories worth 25k or cashback on Seltos GTX. Is that because of year end push? They were acting so pricey when I booked 3 months back (and when I took delivery earlier this month).
How recent is this information? I booked my GTX+ at the end of October and got the delivery in Bangalore a week ago. No such offer was mentioned, but it's probably worth noting they didn't push me to purchase any accessories. Given my overall experience with this particular dealership, it's possible they let go of the accessories simply because this offer was incoming and thought they'd present it as a pseudo-goodwill gesture from their side while pocketing the 25k cashback/discount instead.
arcanec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 21:24   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
How recent is this information?
I'm talking about 17th/18th of this month. So something has changed in the past week. Either the bookings have slowed down or just the year-ender push.
Old 21st November 2023, 09:47   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauk2mi View Post
I wanted to share my experience of purchasing the Kia Seltos facelift GTX+ after having owned the same variant for the past four years.
Imperial Blue looks very nice. Haven't seen this colour much. I too dislike the chrome embellishments that people go for as well as the rain visors/ guards on the windows...spoils the lines of the car in my view. Wish you many miles of safe and fun motoring!

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 18:05   #1075

Do you feel any difference in the structural integrity of the car compared to the previous gen ?
Old 21st November 2023, 21:36   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis5.0 View Post
Do you feel any difference in the structural integrity of the car compared to the previous gen ?
"Feel the difference"? How can you feel the structural integrity? There is no real way to know unless it gets tested again. The kerb weight has increased but that can also be because of panoramic sunroof.
Old 21st November 2023, 21:53   #1077

Quote:
"Feel the difference"? How can you feel the structural integrity? There is no real way to know unless it gets tested again. The kerb weight has increased but that can also be because of panoramic sunroof.
You are right about the testing and not feeling structural integrity. Let me ask another question ! I found quite a significant difference in the weight, thickness of the doors, bonnet, etc of the new Verna compared to the previous gen.. is it the same case with the new seltos ?
Old 21st November 2023, 23:54   #1078
BHPian

With my limited knowledge, I can say that it is very unlikely that using thicker or heavier metal sheets in the bonnet or doors will significantly improve the car body shell's strength or structure, which would result in a better safety rating. While it will undoubtedly add some additional strength to the car, it is not a significant factor in crash test performance.

Based on this logic, one might assume that the Honda Elevate would score only 2-3 stars. This is because when I tried lifting the bonnet of the Honda Elevate, I realized that its weight is more or less similar to that of the Maruti Swift (and significantly lighter than the Kia Seltos). However, many auto experts believe that the Elevate will still garner a 5-star rating, as it is built on the same Honda City platform, which has already received a 5-star rating.

However, I did compare the bonnet weight of the pre-facelift Seltos (2023 manufactured) and the facelift Seltos during my first visit to a Kia showroom. Upon lifting the bonnet of both models, I found that the weight is more or less the same. The difference in door weight was also miniscule, with the facelift version feeling slightly heavier, but this could be due to other factors.
Old 22nd November 2023, 09:34   #1079
BHPian

Did you sold your earlier Seltos for 1 CR or I am reading something else here?

Quote:

I used the proceeds to repay a housing loan, slashing the interest outflow by nearly 70 lakhs and reducing the tenure by 7 years! The monthly EMI I was used to didn't dictate my next financial move, so I opted for the new facelift version of the Seltos GTX+, unable to find a comparable alternative within my budget.

Attachment 2533422

Attachment 2533423
Sach_511 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 10:52   #1080
BHPian

Quote:

Having driven both variants, here's my breakdown of what I find different and better.
That's a great update you have provided. One key question remains. Having driven both the models, how has your ride quality experience been? Is it better by a mile from the previous model? or has the tire change resulted in a cushy ride?
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks