Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2023, 22:28   #1006
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauk2mi View Post
Are we all familiar with the ANCAP safety rating, and if we are, do we welcome the 5-star safety rating awarded to the Kia Seltos? I understand that this rating applies to cars produced from September '22. How much of this rating is likely to apply to the same car when manufactured in India?
There are variations. We can't be really sure till the Facelift gets evaluated in India. Might have to wait for BNCAP.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 12:40   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
How much of this rating is likely to apply to the same car when manufactured in India?
The Australian version had ADAS as standard in base variant too. Additionally, the build quality might have been different of vehicles sold there. We don't know. So those ratings won't apply to vehicles sold in India. Let us wait for Bharat NCAP ratings, if we get them.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 12:53   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Bought the Carlinkit Wireless Dongle during Amazon sale for Rs. 6200. A few observations...
Hey wadewilson, is there any noticeable difference in the audio quality?
Could you please compare bluetooth / wired AA / wireless AA

Also, a link to the amazon listing would be very helpful.

Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 13:05   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are we all familiar with the ANCAP safety rating, and if we are, do we welcome the 5-star safety rating awarded to the Kia Seltos? I understand that this rating applies to cars produced from September '22. How much of this rating is likely to apply to the same car when manufactured in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
The Australian version had ADAS as standard in base variant too. Additionally, the build quality might have been different of vehicles sold there.
It is not really about production differences, because the Australian/North American Seltos that comes from Korea is a completely different car altogether, I believe on the Soul's platform. It is larger, has different powertrains and interiors, and different structural parts entirely (even in shape and location). It is simply not the same car with some structural differences (eg. Swift) but rather a different car with the same name and looks.

Using the ANCAP rating for India would be like using the Renault Captur's Euro NCAP rating for the Indian one: they are completely different cars that just look the same, so it doesn't make sense.

The Indian/Chinese Seltos can be identified by its clamshell bonnet.

I don't know how the Indian Seltos facelift will do in consumer tests (Kia claim reinforcements in the A-pillar and footwell) but whatever it is will be a coincidence, not related to how the Australian one does.
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 15:59   #1010
BHPian

Did anyone use Ottocast AirPlay with Seltos 2023? I saw their LED (blue color)* is always on (even after the engine is off).

Is this correct behaviour?

Mod:- Please move to correct thread if this is wrong one.
Old 8th November 2023, 10:32   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
Did anyone use Ottocast AirPlay with Seltos 2023? I saw their LED (blue color)* is always on (even after the engine is off).

Is this correct behaviour?

Mod:- Please move to correct thread if this is wrong one.
I'm trying the Carlinkit T-box Plus and it has the same behavior. I can think of two possible reasons:

1. The USB port on Seltos Facelift remains powered even when ignition is/engine is OFF.

2. It remains on for 'x' number of minutes after shutting down the engine.
Old 8th November 2023, 10:42   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
I'm trying the Carlinkit T-box
I got the answer for Ottocast myself . It got turned off after X minutes or as soon as mobile was away from range (Bluetooth).

Last edited by gogo_gogo : 8th November 2023 at 10:42. Reason: Spelling
gogo_gogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 12:45   #1013
BHPian

Is anyone able to disable "Consider taking a break" warning message.

This is quite annoying as it keeps poping up after every 10-15 mins irrespective whether you are stucked in the traffic or on a highway. I tried to Turn Off the DAW System but did not find any specific setting under Vehicle > Driver Assistance > Driver Attention Warning.

The only available option visible to me was "Leading vehicle departure alert", which I disabled, but this did not help. Here is the screenshot2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-1699426680676.jpg

Last edited by bizi05 : 8th November 2023 at 12:51.
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 14:37   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Hey wadewilson, is there any noticeable difference in the audio quality?
Could you please compare bluetooth / wired AA / wireless AA

Also, a link to the amazon listing would be very helpful.

Thanks
On my XUV700, there is a definite difference between using Wireless AA and Bluetooth. Bluetooth audio sounds much cleaner and is louder on my XUV700.

Coming to the Wireless AA on Seltos through Carlinkit, it sounds the same as Bluetooth. I could not discern any difference between wired, wireless, and Bluetooth. To me, it sounds the same.

Also, here is the amazon listing: Carlinkit 5.0 by TuQu
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 17:33   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
I had a very unpleasant experience at Pressana Kia in Coimbatore.
Hey, even I had a very unpleasant experience in KUN Kia, Chennai. I was evaluating cars around 1.5 years ago, and had shortlisted the Kia Seltos, Volkswagen Taigun, MG Astor and the Hyundai Creta. I went there to check out the Seltos for the first time. I was assigned an executive only after 15-10 mins of waiting, even though there were barely 4-5 people in the showroom. The executive seemed very friendly and helpful at the first, offered us tea, water and coffee, etc... Later, when we told him that we were just looking at the car for the first time and not planning to buy for sure, his body language completely changed. He started to be irresponsive, checked out his Instagram (I'm not hyping, he actually did that!) and give short and unhelpful answers. I was with my family (wife and 2 kids) when all this happened and we were utterly disrespected. When we were about to walk out of the showroom, the senior executive came to us, apologizing for their staff's behavior. I gave them a second chance and decided to take a take drive of the 1.5L DCT, only on them insisting. But, unfortunately, I was assigned the same executive who had disrespected me all along, as the senior executive's reply was that they were 'short-staffed', though I noticed 3-4 executives sitting freely in the lounge, all of them buried in their phones. I half-heartedly went for the test drive. Even in the test drive, the executive was not at all interested in answering my queries. Our conversation was something like this:

Me: What is the difference between the AT and the DCT gearbox?
Him: AT is slow, DCT is fast.
Me: What is the price of the GTX+ variant?
Him: Am I looking at it every second? How am I supposed to know it by-heart?
Me: What is the function of this button in the steering wheel? (Pointing to the I-call button)
Him: Go and read the manual of the car.

At this point, I was completely pissed off. I parked the car in the road (about 2-3 km from the showroom), got off with my family, took an auto to our house (which is 12 km away) and posted an utterly bad review about the showroom in google maps. 3 days later, their back-end team had seen the review and wanted to apologize. I gave them an earful and cut the call.

I can't imagine how car companies would treat us for the sake of selling a car. If we aren't interested in a car doesn't mean we can't see it right? I vowed not to set foot in that Kia showroom ever again.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 23:50   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Did you receive the floor mats? Any review? If you like it, please share the link. Also, did you find the other accessories you were looking for?
Apologies for replying so late, was a bit busy.
Yes, I got the 7D mats which I ordered. I ordered Black with Black stitching but received Black mats with Red stitching which goes great with the Black interiors of a GTX. They are fitting well and I kinda like them. I didn't want to pay Kia almost double and get white stitching.

Link to these mats are here: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have also ordered and received the Screen Guard which was shared in an earlier post, however, I have not fixed it yet. Might do it tomorrow or during the weekend. Link (incase anyone needs it: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...0?ie=UTF8&th=1)

I am still looking for the Door visor, corner protectors in Black without Chrome, Seatbelt padding, Body side moulding in black, trunk sill plate.

I have ordered through Kia the Alloy Locks which I recommend. Its very helpful.
Old 9th November 2023, 23:57   #1017
BHPian

Question: Has anyone received the printed copy of the Seltos GTX+ car manual?

I have not, even though I have asked at the showroom, they all seem to think its there and rest of the details I can find on Kia Connect or MyKia apps.
Old 10th November 2023, 00:02   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
Is anyone able to disable "Consider taking a break" warning message.

This is quite annoying as it keeps poping up after every 10-15 mins irrespective whether you are stucked in the traffic or on a highway. I tried to Turn Off the DAW System but did not find any specific setting under Vehicle > Driver Assistance > Driver Attention Warning.

The only available option visible to me was "Leading vehicle departure alert", which I disabled, but this did not help. Here is the screenshotAttachment 2528245
I have not received this warning ever in my GTX+. The only warning which I receive are the "Objects nearby" and "Children crossing the road" (even though there are no children anywhere nearby. )

Will need to check what all I have disabled tomorrow and let you all know.
cos2bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 06:18   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
Question: Has anyone received the printed copy of the Seltos GTX+ car manual?

I have not, even though I have asked at the showroom, they all seem to think its there and rest of the details I can find on Kia Connect or MyKia apps.
Not yet. They keep saying "we will get it tomorrow". But there is a Kia Manual app which you can download from the app store
Old 10th November 2023, 09:52   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
I have not received this warning ever in my GTX+. The only warning which I receive are the "Objects nearby" and "Children crossing the road" (even though there are no children anywhere nearby. )

Will need to check what all I have disabled tomorrow and let you all know.
The "Children Crossing Ahead" notification is from the Navigation System, which is also annoying and I have disabled it. To disable it go Settings>Navigation>Safety Alerts> Uncheck all under both daytime and nighttime ( uncheck the option for school zone to be specific)

But "Consider taking a break" warning is from ADAS system, and I am struggling to disable it. Maybe you have not driven the car for a longer duration because of which it has not yet appeared. But be assured it will appear.

Last edited by bizi05 : 10th November 2023 at 10:04.
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks