Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 23:52   #976
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginxtonic View Post
I did find one issue that's with the sunroof opening and closing - I believe someone else had the same issue and they were able to reset it. Can someone confirm how to go about it?
Even in my car during PDI, the Zekardo person also had issue with the Sunroof. But it was due to the battery, this happened because the battery did not have enough charge due to which the Sunroof was not closing. But after he started the vehicle it started functioning properly.

So, did you check the sunroof in idle condition (without starting the engine) or when the vehicle engine was on.

If it was not working when the engine was on then it needs to be checked and resetting the Sunroof may resolve the issue.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2023 at 13:17. Reason: Quoted post edited
bizi05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 00:52   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
Even in my car during PDI, the Zekardo person also had issue with the Sunroof. But it was due to the battery, this happened because the battery did not have enough charge due to which the Sunroof was not closing. But after he started the vehicle it started functioning properly.

So, did you check the sunroof in idle condition (without starting the engine) or when the vehicle engine was on.

If it was not working when the engine was on then it needs to be checked and resetting the Sunroof may resolve the issue.
Mate! Thanks a ton for this input. That is correct, it worked perfectly when the car was on but not when the ignition was off.

Will check during delivery whether it works fine when the engine is on too!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2023 at 13:15. Reason: Grammar
Old 28th October 2023, 01:03   #978
BHPian

Question: Can anyone suggest a decent and less pricey DashCam for my GTX+? Preferably one which saves to cloud directly.
Thank you.
Old 28th October 2023, 09:07   #979

Hello Everyone, I'm planning to buy the GTX+ or X-Line+. One issue that is pestering my mind is the tyre size.
These versions have 215/ 55 R18. While I'm OK with the stiff ride 18 inchers seem to have, the only worry is the 'side-wall' ratio. 215/55 means a lower side wall which is susceptible to ruptures or side wall cracks.

Case in point: A similar issue came up with Ford Ecosport when they introduced the Titanium+ with 205/50/R17, there were hundreds of report of side-wall bulging and tyre bursts as they could not handle the bad roads, pot holes.

Now I'm dreading the same issue with Kia Seltos GTX, X-Line tyres too, as they have low profile (low side wall) and possible face the same tire burst issues or tyre cracks due to bad roads and pot holes.

Can anyone with knowledge about these issues, clear my doubts.

Last edited by graaja : 28th October 2023 at 09:19. Reason: Minor typo
Old 28th October 2023, 11:31   #980

You have mentioned that it is better that ADAS features are better left switched off, especially those of front and rear collision.

Could you please guide as to from where can we do the same? I consulted my SA from Lohia Kia, Wazirpur, and the response I got was it is not possible to switch it off.

You help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2023 at 07:39. Reason: Typos and formatting.
20ver_ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2023, 12:49   #981
BHPian

Has anyone figured out how to pause the music when the mute button is pressed?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th October 2023 at 15:40. Reason: Capitalisation.
Old 28th October 2023, 12:56   #982
BHPian

Bought the Carlinkit Wireless Dongle during Amazon sale for Rs. 6200. A few observations:
  1. Setup is pretty easy. Like connecting to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay wireless on my XUV700, we just need to connect to the Carlinkit dongle which acts as an interface between the car and our phones and that's it. The next time you start your car, the phone will automatically connect to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
  2. Due to force of habit of using Android Auto in XUV700 (thanks to the unreliable nature of Apple Carplay over there), I tried out Android Auto wireless through the Carlinkit Dongle only.
  3. In terms of lag, there is little to none. On my XUV700, the wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is somewhat laggy, which I assumed was due to the wireless connection but wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay works without any issues through Carlinkit on the Seltos. Perhaps, the Carlinkit dongle has a better processor than the XUV700 which enables it to stream content without any issues.
  4. My phone remained at normal temp throughout the entire drive - with GPS on. No difference using Carlinkit or the inbuilt Android Auto / Apple CarPlay wireless function on my XUV700.
  5. Battery life will definitely take a hit but that's the same whether you use Carlinkit or inbuilt wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay.
  6. The dongle doesn't take up much space and I have uploaded a picture of the same. For reference, it's about the size of my Airpods Pro.
  7. On the Kia Seltos, whether it's wired or wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay, the phone dialer doesn't come up when we press the dial button (call receive) on the steering. This is in contrast to my XUV700 and Creta which bring up the dialer when I press the dial button on my steering wheel.

I wish Kia, who charge so much for their Seltos could have atleast given wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay for their top variants if they tried. Anyway, finally free from wires. Uploaded a picture of my phone without a wire to celebrate
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20231027_171050.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20231027_171123.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231027wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2023 at 05:26. Reason: Abbreviations
wadewilson is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 13:42   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I wish Kia, who charge so much for their Seltos could have atleast given wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay for their top variants if they tried. Anyway, finally free from wires. Uploaded a picture of my phone without a wire to celebrate
It is coming. They solved the dispute with the vendor.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/h...te-221484.html

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2023 at 05:26. Reason: Abbreviations
greyhound82 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 14:55   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
It is coming. They solved the dispute with the vendor.
In the video, the presenter mentions that it is due to a dispute arising out of maps app prioritization. He also mentions that when we press the Nav button on the car, the question of whether the car would direct us to the inbuilt navigation or the app navigation of Apple and Android arises.

However, if it is an issue arising out of the usage of inbuilt maps, then why do the lower variants get Wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay capabilities? The issue can hardly be attributed to different vendors for the smaller and larger touchscreens as the tussle was with the OS (I.e. Android and iOS) as per the video. Do the lower variants of Seltos and Sonet not get inbuilt navigation? I feel the issue might be something else.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2023 at 05:27. Reason: Abbriviations
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 17:48   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Do the lower variants of Seltos and Sonet not get inbuilt navigation? I feel the issue might be something else.
AFAIK only those variants from HTX+ onwards come with map navigation and Kia-connected cars. This is the reason that is widely reported, May be a speculation but no idea. Some of the links

https://amp.kedglobal.com/newsAmp/ked202309210013

https://m.arenaev.com/hyundai_breaks...n-amp-2025.php
Old 29th October 2023, 18:53   #986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20ver_ View Post
Hari Om Sir.

You have mentioned that it is better that ADAS features are better left switched off, especially those of front and rear collision.

Could you please guide as to from where can we do the same? I consulted my SA from Lohia Kia, Wazirpur, and the response I got was it is not possible to switch it off.
You can go into Driver Assitance and can turn off specific ADAS features. The SA probably didn't understand your query or didn;t have much knowledge about it.

But it is possible to switch off ADAS completely or partially depending upon your requirements. Best part being is it remains off unlike the new Hyundai Tucson that I had recently driven which required us to switch it off every time we drove it.

Hope that helps.
ginxtonic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 20:13   #987
BHPian

Hello Guys, just a quick update. Over the weekend I explored few features of the Seltos. One of the features that Kia and Hyundai marketed is the Bose sound system. Being an Audiophile, the Bose Speakers sounded very ordinary to me. It sounded muddy and missing the deep bass. According to me, it was not even close to Infinity/JBL speaker system of Hector, Harrier. In fact, I felt the speakers of Honda City is even better. So thought of checking the actual drivers/speakers inside the doorpad. To my surprise, I noticed front Speakers are 6.5" whereas the rear speakers are 5.25" (for cost-cutting) with Bose logo under Kia/Hyundai branding. And I don't think the actual price of these speakers would be not more than 3-4k as they are very ordinary speakers. I did not change these Speakers because of the fear of losing the warranty (even though I wanted to and ideally it should not void warranty). Instead, I installed damping pads on all 4 doors, after which the sound improved a lot. Upon checking in team-bhp I found many users have already reported the same. According to me, the Bose Premium sound system from Kia/Hyundai is a big Jumla.
bizi05 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 21:03   #988
BHPian

Quote:
. I did not change these Speakers because of the fear of losing the warranty (even though I wanted to and ideally it should not void warranty). Instead, I installed damping pads on all 4 doors, after which the sound improved a lot.
How much did the damping cost?

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th October 2023 at 21:06. Reason: fixed quote.
Old 29th October 2023, 21:05   #989
BHPian

Quote:
So thought of checking the actual drivers/speakers inside the doorpad
Wanted to know if there is any difference in amplifier between models with bose speakers & without bose speakers. How the same head unit is driving the subwoofer in the car having bose speakers? Can we simply add an active subwoofer to the 2nd top seltos variant?
Old 29th October 2023, 22:48   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
How much did the damping cost?
I got the 10 Pcs Damping pad packet for 10K and paid 1500 for the labor charge.

I used 4 and half pads for front 2 doors, and 3 and half pads are used for rear 2 doors. The remaining 2 pads are used in boot.
bizi05 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks