Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2023, 11:44   #946
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Update
Went for a 200 km drive to test the car's ADAS and some photoshoots.
Thumbs up -Amazing pickup and when the turbo kicks in it goes like a bullet
Great handling at high speeds , Airconditioning is top notch and very silent, and Ventilated seats are an added bonus.
lane departure warning works like a marvel and also tried the smart cruise control but for very short distances.

Thumbs down - Very very irritating message with a sound that keeps popping up 'Consider taking a break every 10 minutes, even though I have taken a break.
The music system misses that punch

Overall very happy with my new car Some pics
Update - did a 1700 km drive Blr-Thekkady-Munnar back, the driving experience is absolutely amazing no backache or left leg pain (the previous car was Ecosport), Under-thigh support is very comfortable.
Mileage on highway normal mode 16.1-18.5 and in Hills 8.8-10.3 Kml.

Switched to ADAS mode for some time but never enjoyed it.
At highway speeds, the car handles really well.

Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231020-3.20.06-pm.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20231023-5.41.02-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th October 2023 at 08:12. Reason: Top Speed > Highway Speed
shivkumar19 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:05   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
For my use case, IVT is fine, but I don't like the interior theme at all and as you know IVT does have only one variant.
You can get fancy seat covers fitted as per your liking, if the light beige is not to your liking. Since I haven't compared the HTX with higher versions, I can't comment on the other dislikes you mention.
Alternatively, wait for new Creta as the current Creta has 2 variants in IVT and may follow the same for the facelift.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:10   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
You can get fancy seat covers fitted as per your liking, if the light beige is not to your liking.
That’s a good recommendation. Do you know if there is any official accessories from Kia?
Old 25th October 2023, 13:41   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
You can get fancy seat covers fitted as per your liking, if the light beige is not to your liking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
That’s a good recommendation. Do you know if there is any official accessories from Kia?
Wait. I thought we shouldn't be meddling with seat covers now that all variants come with 6 airbags.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 14:55   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Wait. I thought we shouldn't be meddling with seat covers now that all variants come with 6 airbags.
Kia itself is not recommending Seat covers for lower variants .Even the accessories list has none of it. And the dealers are outright refusing to do it.

When the company itself isn't confident, I won't recommend getting it done.

Also, I last weekend took delivery of Seltos HTK plus variant in imperial blue color. I am looking to get PPF done. Anyone can guide on a recommended detailer in Delhi NCR region?

Last edited by sunnsood : 25th October 2023 at 14:57.
Old 25th October 2023, 15:18   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Also, I last weekend took delivery of Seltos HTK plus variant in imperial blue color. I am looking to get PPF done. Anyone can guide on a recommended detailer in Delhi NCR region?
Congratulations on your new car.

Please check with Detailing Bull. They have a workshop in Sector 83, NOIDA.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 17:00   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Update - did a 1700 km drive Blr-Thekkady-Munnar back, the driving experience is absolutely amazing no backache or left leg pain (the previous car was Ecosport), Under-thigh support is very comfortable.
Mileage on highway normal mode 16.1-18.5 and in Hills 8.8-10.3 Kml.
I did an 850 km drive yesterday from Blr-Palakkad and back. I was very skeptical initially because a lot of people told me to wait for the first service before taking it on a long drive. However, the SA and service team at PPS Kia, Bangalore told me that these modern BS-6 vehicles don't have a limitation as such. Decided to go for it, and got my first service done in Palakkad itself in the middle of my trip so that I could test the sports mode properly on my way back. The Owner's manual only talks about keeping the RPM in the range of 2000-4000 for the first 1000 km - which the DCT gearbox makes sure of. I don't think going beyond 3500 is possible unless you are using paddle shifters. Any opinion on this?

On the drive, no backaches/discomfort at all - it was a breeze. The take-a-break warning is annoying and random. I am trying to figure out what the logic could be so that I can work around it.

ADAS is helpful and not-so-helpful at the same time. There are so many unmarked sections on the Blr-Salem-Coimbatore highway that you have to keep switching on and switching off all the time. I did put the brakes to test as well once because of a Kia Sonet driving in front of me almost ramming into the diversion board in front of it.

I was getting about 16+ kmpl when I was driving sedately at about 80ish. As soon as I started pushing to 100-120, my mileage dropped to 14. In city, I drive with a light foot, and I was getting a mileage of 10+ before the first service. Will know more if it becomes better in the next couple of days.

Last edited by neoone042 : 25th October 2023 at 17:21.
neoone042 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 22:08   #953
BHPian

PDI done through Zekardo today, very nice experience. I should take delivery on Friday. My sister commented "Too much Chrome" after seeing the car. The additional Body Cladding and Door visors are also with Chrome.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-my-car-post-pdi.jpg  

cos2bh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 23:08   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
PDI done through Zekardo today, very nice experience. I should take delivery on Friday. My sister commented "Too much Chrome" after seeing the car. The additional Body Cladding and Door visors are also with Chrome.
Congrats on the new car and thanks for the Zekardo review - I have my PDI tomorrow and scheduled the PDI via them. How long did the entire procedure take btw?

Also, the comment on the chrome that your sister made was on the normal GTX+ or did you get chrome accessories added?
Old 26th October 2023, 01:17   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginxtonic View Post
Congrats on the new car and thanks for the Zekardo review - I have my PDI tomorrow and scheduled the PDI via them. How long did the entire procedure take btw?

Also, the comment on the chrome that your sister made was on the normal GTX+ or did you get chrome accessories added?
1. The entire procedure took about 1.5 hours. Good luck for yours.
2. I have not added any chrome accessories. All the chrome came with the car.

Another thing for those looking for the default or Free accessories on the GTX+, you will get the following:

1. Mud Flaps on all 4 wheels.
2. Sill plates for all 4 doors.
3. Rear window shade comes attached.
cos2bh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 07:04   #956
BHPian

Hello,
I've a query regarding the dash cam installation. Has anyone here installed a dash cam on their Seltos, by themselves ? Or is it recommended to have it installed from an accessories shop?

I'm thinking of going for either the 70mai A800s or A500s. Please share your inputs as well.
Thanks!
Old 26th October 2023, 12:08   #957
BHPian

This morning, I encountered engine management system malfunction error. I parked the car and reached out to the SA from Hyderabad, who recommended taking the car to the nearest showroom for a diagnostic scan and advice on necessary actions.

After a 30-minutes, I resumed my drive, and surprisingly, the malfunction error didn't reappear during my 10km drive to the showroom. I visited the recently opened KIA showroom in Nizamabad, but it's currently only open for sales, with service operations scheduled to begin in 15 days. Unfortunately, there were no trained professionals on-site. I have driven 25km so far since the error message and so far the error hasn't come back again!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? My GTX+ Diesel has covered 2,400km so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also plan to post this in the official Seltos forum to see if other Seltos owners have any insights.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231026wa00043.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231026wa00052.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th October 2023 at 16:01. Reason: Removed bold tag and typo corrected
bharathdonti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 15:22   #958
Team-BHP Support

Is this from current production, my colleague is picking one.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20231026-15.20.38.png  

Old 26th October 2023, 18:00   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is this from current production, my colleague is picking one.
Yes, “P” in the chassis identifier is for year and it denotes 2023.
“N” denotes the production plant, which is Anantapur.
niCo_neOz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 18:57   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
Acko does not seem to have cashless facility with Kia.
Is this true? And does it vary from city to city? I got a quote from Acko and asked them about their cashless garages because they don't have a list of these unlike, for instance, Digit. The Acko rep told me as long as the service center/garage has a GST number they can process cashless claims.

Could someone help confirm the veracity of this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks