Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2023, 18:58   #916
BANNED

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post

Ventilated Seats inbuilt from factory unlike in XUV700 where I've had to add it as an accessory.
Can you please tell me how to get ventilated seats installed in XUV700
Old 15th October 2023, 20:25   #917
BHPian

I recently purchased a Kia Seltos HTK 2023 and have been driving it for about a month, covering approximately 1000 kilometers. To provide some context, we also own a 2017 Baleno, which I will use as a point of comparison in this review.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20230921_113751.jpg

The delivery experience at Capital Kia Chennai on September 21st left something to be desired. Despite my request for an early handover around 10:30 AM, I arrived slightly late at 10:35 AM due to morning rains. However, there were significant delays in their process, and I didn't leave the dealership until 12:45 PM. Furthermore, the vehicle wasn't adequately cleaned, both inside and out, despite the extended wait. Although I noticed this before departing, I chose not to raise the issue due to my time constraints.

I later addressed this issue in their feedback call, and they offered to rectify it with a cleaning session. I declined and suggested that they pay attention to this during the first service.

In the meantime, I embarked on a 1000-kilometer round trip, and here are my observations:

Build: The build quality of the Seltos is noticeably superior to the Baleno, with well-weighted doors.

Handling and Drivability: Despite its larger size compared to the Baleno and other hatchbacks I'm accustomed to, the Seltos offers ease of maneuverability. It also impresses with high-speed stability. The steering and clutch are notably better than the Baleno.

Suspension: The suspension system is very effective, absorbing bumps with ease.

Infotainment System: While the Seltos's infotainment system is competent, I found the Baleno's to be more user-friendly and refined. Nevertheless, I have no major complaints, and the wireless Android Auto works well. Audio output is acceptable. The Baleno's reverse camera outperforms the Seltos, particularly in low-light conditions.

Performance: The Baleno's 1.2 engine feels a bit peppier than the Seltos's 1.5 NA petrol engine. However, this doesn't pose a significant issue.

Lights: Though I haven't had extensive night driving experience, the Seltos's headlights felt somewhat inadequate. Baleno's projectors offer better illumination.

Service Experience: I booked my first service for October 14th with Capital Kia through the KIA app on October 11th, and the process went smoothly, including a confirmation call the next day. However, I received a message on the 13th stating I needed to reschedule due to an unexpected maintenance activity. This was frustrating, given the prior confirmation. I eventually rescheduled for October 15th. Utilizing the pickup and drop service, I received the driver's details on the 14th and confirmed the pickup location.

The car was picked up and delivered for service on time, complete with photos during pickup and delivery to the service center. Despite my specific request for interior cleaning, it was not properly addressed, and I found some areas were overlooked.

Additionally, I inquired about upgrading my steel tires to alloys before my first service. I contacted a service advisor who requested my car number but did not respond, even after two weeks and multiple follow-up messages. During my first service, I was told that the accessories team was unavailable on Sundays.

Compared to my consistent 10/10 service experiences with Maruti over the last six years, Kia charges for pickup and drop services, which Maruti does not.

In conclusion, I'm satisfied with my decision to choose the Seltos. Although the delivery and service experiences with Kia have room for improvement, I've only had one service so far. I'll wait for additional experiences before forming a more concrete opinion.
VigneshMC is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 22:32   #918
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Seltos at Epitome KIA at Bangalore. While they did not have a TD the same day they were kind enough to provide me at a later date. I had been interested in the Seltos turbo petrol to replace the RS.

I was expecially interested in a manual variant. The ommision of a manual variant is quite a miss I feel. Hope Hyundai bring out a manual in the Creta.

Design, Looks and Interiors
It's a mixed bag for me. I like the way the front has been cleaned up a bit. To me the old face was a little too busy and the new one has a cleaner look. I especially like the face of the GTX variant. The rear though I feel has too much of a Karens look to it and a bit tame. Overall the car looks a bit bulkier now and not in a good way.

Interiors are very nice, good quality and quite similar to the old Seltos. A great change in that made to the instrument cluster which in now level with the top of the dash. The old one was a personal sore point for me. Some may not like the black interiors but it's fine with me.

Powertrain

Now to the meat of the matter. The change of heart to the 1.6 turbo petrol. The engine had good responsiveness in Sport mode. Felt it's a bit dull in Normal. The main gripe for me was the DCT. Try as I could I was not able to get into a rhythm with it. The engine holds too high revs in sport when downshifting while you brake. Also the revs take time to die down after you take your foot off the accelerator. One thing that helped was using the paddleshifts helped to smoothen out the power delivery in sport a lot. To high revs - shift up a gear. Too low - shift down. Contrast this with the AT in the 2017 Verna 1.6. I felt instantly at home and it felt so intuitive to me.
Over the ruts and bumps of Banglore's road the suspension felt pliant and comfortable. Just a few rut and bumps filtered through. ADAS did not feel obstrusive and I liked the fact that it warned when someone was too close the front bumper. I think ADAS was off as I was able to follow cars quite close and overtake leaving relatively small gaps. I really loved the blind stop view when switching on the indicators. All in all a good change but not mind blowing for me by any stretch. A manual would have been a good feature. Would like to see what the Creta comes up with. A Creta N line would be my wish.

Though I was really interested in the Seltos two very interesting cars landed up in my garage that replaced my RS. A used X1 20d and a Jimny. So a change would have to wait.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 06:57   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Powertrain
Now to the meat of the matter. The change of heart to the 1.6 turbo petrol. The engine had good responsiveness in Sport mode.
Shibu
It is a 1.5 petrol(1482 cc). I liked the DCT tuning in Verna 2023 better than Seltos.
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 11:37   #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I got the full floor mating done today. They didn't have them in stock at the time of delivery. Attaching few pictures which I took them in haste.

Today, I completed my first service for my car, which has traveled 820km in total, split evenly between city and highway driving. On the highways, it's delivering around 20km per liter.

The service was impressively fast; I stayed with my car and had it back in just an hour. Besides their standard inspection, I asked them to specifically check the engine coolant levels due to a warning displayed on the Kia Connect app.

So far, I'm satisfied with how the car performs.
Hi,

Does the full floor matting comes with the car or you paid for it. How much does it cost? The accessories price list provided by my dealer mentions the cost as 0. However, it was not fitted in my Xline model. Can you share the details.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_8845.jpeg  

Niks_autohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 13:05   #921
BHPian

I noticed the steering wheel feel is really good. I also noticed my nails have started causing scratches. I also know I am lazy to cut my nails frequently Can someone recommend a cover for steering wheel for the new Seltos with similar look and feel ?
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 14:21   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niks_autohead View Post
Hi,

Does the full floor matting comes with the car or you paid for it. How much does it cost? The accessories price list provided by my dealer mentions the cost as 0. However, it was not fitted in my Xline model. Can you share the details.
I have attached the accesories list that was shared with me by the dealer during purchase. I paid ₹6,200 for full matting + ₹3,135 for 3D mats
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20231016141843.png  

bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:01   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niks_autohead View Post
Hi,

My SA told me the Seltos doesn't come with any floor mats when he showed me the accessories. Peeped into a few of the cars at their stockyard and noticed none of them had any. It surprises me that a car retailing at 20L+ comes without what I consider a basic accessory, but on the positive side, I can get some quality aftermarket ones at a decent price so ho hum.
Old 16th October 2023, 19:12   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
My SA told me the Seltos doesn't come with any floor mats when he showed me the accessories. Peeped into a few of the cars at their stockyard and noticed none of them had any. It surprises me that a car retailing at 20L+ comes without what I consider a basic accessory, but on the positive side, I can get some quality aftermarket ones at a decent price so ho hum.
Most of the manufacturers do not provide any floor/boot mat by default with the car. Few dealers provide it as a complementary gift to promote sales. I have seen Hyundai dealers provide this with i10 Nios (not with every model). But in case of cars like Creta or Seltos, dealers are not bothered about customers as these cars are selling in good numbers every month. So they do not miss any single opportunity to extract money from customers.
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 18:00   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik R View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when the 2023 Seltos will be available for purchase through CSD?
The pre-facelift models were made available from March this year and there is no word on the new models yet, from the SA either.

Any input will be much appreciated. Thank you.
The new seltos model is now available in CSD. I'd suggest connecting with any dealers CSD representative for the exact details.

The following cars are available (to the best of my knowledge) -
Petrol: HTE, HTK, HTX (IVT, M), HTK+ (IVT, M), GTX+
Diesel: HTE, HTK, HTX, HTX+, GTX+
ginxtonic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 19:26   #926

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Post deleted. Please avoid submitting one-liners that add little / no value to the thread. Use the "Thanks" button instead.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th October 2023 at 19:31.
Old 18th October 2023, 21:59   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
However, there were significant delays in their process, and I didn't leave the dealership until 12:45 PM. Furthermore, the vehicle wasn't adequately cleaned, both inside and out, despite the extended wait.

I felt the same at Capital Kia Perungudi. The vehicle recived was dusty when I took over even though they cleaned it before handing over. Also, I had informed my SA that I'll take the vehicle by 4:30. But I was handed the vehicle only at 6:15. I think the dusty part might be due to the fact that they keep it in open without any shade or anything
niCo_neOz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 18:13   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Completed my first service with a forced oil-change from my side on 1000kms (first free service), it was a strong insist from me to the SA and he agreed.
Hey. After reading your post, I was thinking if I should have forced the oil change as well during the first service! Mine is a Diesel GTX+. I have done 2,500km so far.

Did they charge additional for the oil change? Did you opt for My convenience?

Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:17   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Hey. After reading your post, I was thinking if I should have forced the oil change as well during the first service! Mine is a Diesel GTX+. I have done 2,500km so far.

Did they charge additional for the oil change? Did you opt for My convenience?

Thanks
Yes, I was charged Rs 1660 (inclusive). I have opted for MyConvenience.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:19   #930
BHPian

Quote:
It is best to go by manufacturers recommendation. Modern engine manufacturing has very high precision. The engine bores, pistons, and piston rings are now manufactured to extremely high tolerances. So really no need for engine oil change these days, if not part of the manufacturers protocol. Rest assured.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks