Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 10:45   #871

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Is the My Convenience Plus package which costs 52k for 5 years for Diesel variants worth it? (Annual driving mileage of 20k kms)
Old 10th October 2023, 11:39   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
So a happy, and a not so happy news.

It has left a dent and a 7 inch groove just below the number plate.

Any idea how much this will cost me ?
If you have taken my convinience plus package then, one scratch upto 12cms in your first 12 month ownership is covered by Kia servicing.
itzvicky201 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 12:31   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
On this note, I would like to ask the GTX+ owners - how has been it with the 'all-black' interiors? I know if you look at something day-in & day-out you kinda get used to it. But is it really a dealer breaker? Does it make the cabin look smaller than it actually is. The Seltos cabin (headroom especially) is already lesser than that of the Creta; and this all-black interiors makes it even worse. So I would like to understand from the existing owners, how has it been actually?

P.S.: Please share your thoughts of the sunroof & it's cover closed. Opening the huge sunroof surely makes the cabin a lot airy.
I also had the same fear as people were saying it's too claustrophobic and too dark. I loved the tan interior of HTX+ and I love all GT line features. I booked GT line because of the features. After seeing all the comments I was worried but I decided to go with features.

I took delivery of my car last Wednesday and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised by the all black interiors. It looked really nice to me. I removed all the plastics the day I received it, and I like it. None of my fears turned true. It's premium and I didn't find it claustrophobic at all even with the sunroof closed. Now I like it more that it won't get dirty easily like other colours. Opening sunroof will make it even better(though front row passengesr won't feel much when the sunroof is open).

After getting my car I'm feeling like the all black interior phobia is a bit over the top here. Unless you are coming from all white interiors like xuv700 or something I don't think you'll feel much there.
ya3kan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 12:44   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdood View Post
Is the My Convenience Plus package which costs 52k for 5 years for Diesel variants worth it? (Annual driving mileage of 20k kms)
At first I thought it is not worth it as I presumed it only covers maintenance, then realized it includes extended warranty and RSA too which makes it incredible value for money. I'd suggest to go for it.
Old 10th October 2023, 13:49   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
If you have taken my convinience plus package then, one scratch upto 12cms in your first 12 month ownership is covered by Kia servicing.
Thanks! I’ve opted for the My convenience plus package so will check with my SA on this. Can you please also suggest where can I see all the full benefits, such as the one you mentioned, for this ?
Old 10th October 2023, 14:06   #876
BHPian

Took delivery of our Kia Seltos (GTX+ Diesel in White) on Friday, 6th October 2023. Have driven it for close to 350kms now and thought of penning my observations of the same in a brief format. Do note that I would be comparing it against my current ride, the XUV700 (AX7L AWD) which cost 1.5L more (introductory prices) than the current Seltos (Introductory Price) in my home state - I understand that they are from different segments but this is the car I have in my garage and so I will inevitably be comparing the two. Also, please note that these are my opinions and observations, your experience and opinion of the car might be different:

1. No sound from front suspension unlike XUV700 - the suspension on the Seltos is a bit firm compared to the XUV700 but in my opinion, it handles potholes with aplomb and also feels more planted than my Creta.
  2. No issue with either of the two displays - No lag, no blank displays, no issues whatsoever. Really appreciate the fact that things work the way they're supposed to whereas in my XUV700, there are some times when I've had to navigate in reverse with no camera feed due to blank display issue which affects us to this day (have already mentioned the same in XUV700 thread).
  3. Excellent NVH levels - better than my 2018 Creta but I feel that it's on par with the XUV700 if not just slightly better.
  4. Smooth 360 degree camera feed and also front parking sensors (which were given a miss on the XUV700 by Mahindra).
  5. Ventilated Seats inbuilt from factory unlike in XUV700 where I've had to add it as an accessory.
  6. Auto-dimming IRVM - Missed this feature after upgrading from Creta since XUV700 despite its price has only manual IRVM. However, glad to have it back on the Seltos. No need to flip the IRVM up and down during nighttime
  7. Illuminated power window switches for front and back - was missing on my Creta 2018. Also, on the topic of power windows - all four doors get auto up-down feature which is a nice feature to have.
  8. Three point seatbelt for middle row passenger, as well as an adjustable headrest - something that is missing in XUV700.
  9. Paddle Shifters - Used it extensively on the 250km highway drive from the city to hometown and it was responsive and a joy to use.
  10. Auto-Headlamps and Wipers add to the convenience
  11. ADAS is a boon to use and has helped me a lot in the XUV700 and I'm sure it'll do the same on the Seltos.
  12. Kia Connect is much faster and easier to use compared to Adrenox. Also, the app doesn't endlessly keep on connecting to a server when sending a command. It works instantly.
  13. The Voice Assistant is so much better on the Seltos than Alexa on XUV700. Quick to execute commands and haven't had any command fail as of yet.

Dislikes
  1. Car's acceleration is on the slower side and it picks up speed linearly unlike the Creta (2018, 1.6L Diesel). Nothing wrong with the car but the car takes quite a long time to pick up speed.
  2. On a related note, 100kmph is reached at 2000rpm on 6th gear. I wish the car had a longer 6th gear.
  3. No light for the passenger side vanity mirror or the glovebox unlike in XUV700.
  4. Indicator stalks and wiper stalks do not get illumination which was problematic as I was driving a new car in the night time and had no idea where the Headlight "ON" position was and kept turning on the parking lamp instead.
  5. Headlights on the facelifted Seltos are average at best and I started to miss the excellent lights of the XUV700.
  6. 360 camera stitching especially on the left and right is not good unlike in XUV700. Also, no guidelines for the front camera and only guideline for top down view is possible.
  7. ADAS is intrusive at times and gets annoying unlike in XUV700. E.g. While trying to change lanes on the highway to avoid potholes, the steering brought me back to the previous lane and I had to go through several potholes. I turned off the Lane Keep Assist after that. Being used to ADAS on my XUV700, I thought the steering would vibrate and then let me turn since there were no cars behind me. So, I lightly turned the steering wheel (being used to the light steering of the XUV) but the car just brought me back to the previous lane.

Also, the warnings that it keeps giving are ridiculous at times. When I headed out from the city, I had just exited the society's gate when the car gave me a warning to "take a break" - why would I want to take a break when I just started the car in the morning. Also, driving above 80, say around 85kmph or 90kmph, the car keeps giving me a warning to "reduce speed". Does anyone know any way to disable these warnings?

Furthermore, multitude of options to control the ADAS suite make it confusing unlike XUV700 where everything is simple and well laid out.
  8. No Wireless AA/AC for top model while its available for lower trims. XUV700 has patchy AA/AC but atleast its there
  9. All Black Interiors are a letdown compared to the more beautiful interior on the HTX trim. While black would be easier to maintain, the all black interiors give the car a claustrophobic feeling (in my humble opinion - your opinion might vary)
  10. Sunglass Holder makes a rattling sound when driving over roads (both good and bad) - No such issue in my XUV700 or Creta.
  11. Sound system is average and sounds similar to my 2018 Creta minus the subwoofer.
  12. The front of the car has a USB Type-C as well as a USB Type-A port. However, AA and AC only works through the USB-A port; the type C port is for charging only. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and a Galaxy Z Fold 3 - one of them came with a Type-C to lightning connector and the other a Type-C to C connector. So, I was forced to search a computer store for Type-A to Type-C connector just so I could use Android Auto. I wish Kia had made the Type-C connector be the port for AA/AC instead of the Type-A port.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-kia-seltos-delivery-day.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 14:32   #877
BHPian

Very well put. On the issue of sunglass holder making rattling sound, I don't have any such issue. So, I guess, you should get it checked and fixed.
Old 10th October 2023, 15:04   #878
BHPian

Seltos comes home

I booked a Seltos GTX+ DCT on the 1st of July and got it delivered on 6 Oct. My previous car was a 2022 Safari XZA plus (I will pen down the reasons why I had switched in a later post). Initial impressions - all points are relative to Safari:
1. Good acceleration and engine response time.
2. Brakes are a bit too sharp, will take you by suprise the first few times.
3. Good fit and finish.
4. Suspension, though firm, I feel that it is a bit more comfier than Safari while going through expansion joints. I think the dampers are softer.
5. Steering is a breeze. Weighs up as it picks up speed.
6. Bose speakers are nowhere near JBLs in Safari. I can't pin point the reason, but I feel that some frequencies are compressed. Soundstage is an issue.
7. Headlights are ok and comparable to Safari. I did not drive in the rain where I felt Safari was bad and changed the fog lamps to a more powerful neutral colored LED. That option is not there here.

I will post more details as time permits.
Note: I have used object eraser feature to remove the license plate (though temp). Any distortion caused in that area is due to that.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231010wa0003.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20231010wa0001.jpg  

NotanF1driver is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 16:01   #879
BHPian

So, after a bit of a delay due to my being out of town, I am finally done with the first free service of my X-Line 6AT after 40 days of purchase and driving around 880 km.

Although I had the option to ask the dealership for a free pick-and-drop service, I decided to get it done right in front of my eyes. It took around 2 hours for the entire process to be completed. I had booked the service date and time well in advance.

They started with cleaning the interiors first followed by a full car body wash. Polishing of claddings, tyres and alloys, and cleaning under the hood was done next. A general check-up was done. Brake oil was filled to the brim along with washer fluid. They took a final look beneath the car for any loose fittings, found none, and the car was ready for delivery.

Overall, it was a smooth process. Attached below are the pictures of the car just before it got ready for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231010_155352.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231010_155510.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231010_155649.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20231010_155728.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 11th October 2023 at 20:06. Reason: Grammar
Mr Anderson is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 16:44   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
Thanks! I’ve opted for the My convenience plus package so will check with my SA on this. Can you please also suggest where can I see all the full benefits, such as the one you mentioned, for this ?
Refer this link: https://www.kia.com/in/service/custo...eness/faq.html
What is Scratch Care?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-1.jpg  

Old 10th October 2023, 17:00   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Refer this link:
It looks like a program for all buyers and not just for My Convenience opt-ins.
Old 10th October 2023, 17:49   #882
BHPian

Hello All, I booked the Kia Seltos Xline D AT yesterday and will be taking delivery in November. I had a doubt and if any diesel owner has asked this to their respective dealerships, please let me know. Since the Seltos also now comes with a DEF tank, whose capacity is 12 litres AFAIK, are the DEF refills also covered under the My Convenience plan? I asked the SA but he did not know about it.

Got to know if you have taken it and getting the car serviced in a different state, you need to pay an amount of Rs. 300 to transfer the MCP to the other state. In the same state, there is no restriction on the service center. However, if DEF refills are not covered (since the service cost calculator also doesn't mention it), it makes little sense for me to go ahead with it and would only take the extended warranty.
tp_dominator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 22:41   #883

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Hello All, I booked the Kia Seltos Xline D AT yesterday and will be taking delivery in November. I had a doubt and if any diesel owner has asked this to their respective dealerships, please let me know. Since the Seltos also now comes with a DEF tank, whose capacity is 12 litres AFAIK, are the DEF refills also covered under the My Convenience plan? I asked the SA but he did not know about it.

Got to know if you have taken it and getting the car serviced in a different state, you need to pay an amount of Rs. 300 to transfer the MCP to the other state. In the same state, there is no restriction on the service center. However, if DEF refills are not covered (since the service cost calculator also doesn't mention it), it makes little sense for me to go ahead with it and would only take the extended warranty.
There is no DEF/ DEF tank in Seltos. So you don't have to worry about ad blue. Seltos uses DPF filter instead. You need to drive your car >60kmph speed for 30 minutes once in a while to clear DPF filter.
ya3kan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 23:14   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya3kan View Post
There is no DEF/ DEF tank in Seltos. So you don't have to worry about ad blue. Seltos uses DPF filter instead. You need to drive your car >60kmph speed for 30 minutes once in a while to clear DPF filter.
Wrong! I was of the same opinion. However, this I have checked physically and I don't know when this was introduced but maybe in BS6 Phase 2. The Hyundai Creta also gets a DEF tank now. The confusion arises since there is no mention of it anywhere in the brochures and hence my query.
tp_dominator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 04:46   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya3kan View Post
DEF tanks were introduced in all Diesel cars from the Hyundai-Kia stable with the introduction of BS6 Phase 2. The Sonets and Seltos' in my family bought since April 2023 all have the DEF tank, however, the ones before that don't.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks