Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 13:54   #676
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Kia might soon axe this variant looking at the response. This generally has been the strategy by Kia IIRC; they launch all the possible variants and than eventually trim done based on the market feedback!

On a side note, the only good part about the HTX+ variant is the interior colour. I just hope they move this to the GTX+ instead of that all-black combo.
Exactly! GTX+ has everything we desire from Kia Seltos. Except the dark interiors. HTX+ interiors are premium looking so is the X-Line variant interiors. But X-Line matte paint is hard to maintain. Also, there is no Diesel automatic in HTX+, which is there in HTX.
Flasshhhh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 15:07   #677
BHPian

Congratulations on your car!

I too took delivery on the 15th but have had no time to drive it other than the drive home from the showroom as I am travelling. I will post my observations once I have driven it for a while.

I just wanted to comment on the suspension. Having owned the 2022 Seltos in the same variant, I too can confirm this. The suspension is much softer. I am on OEMs and the tyre pressure out of the showroom was 40+ on all tyres. However, the suspension, even on these absurd pressure levels, is much softer. I was initially planning to go for the Continentals but thanks to @Sheel, I have decided to go with the OEM given that my running will be 90% on the urban roads of NCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
The good bits:
- Suspension feels mature and minor road undulations are ironed out quite well. This experience is probably due to the new tyres, but I must mention again that the JK tyres for someone who will be confined to the city is not bad.

I actually found the suspension to be softer than the 2019 model which I had driven

Last edited by SumitB : 20th September 2023 at 15:37.
SumitB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 17:32   #678

Surprised at how few deliveries have been reported in this thread of the HTX IVT variant considering it is one of the if not the most VFM variant in the line up. Is it because the forum is full of enthusiasts who only want Turbo engines
Mlada_Boleslav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 21:10   #679
BHPian

Wondering the same. Had made the booking last month on 21st, still waiting for VIN message 🤞.
Old 20th September 2023, 22:02   #680
vgs

Took delivery of our HTX Petrol Manual on 16th Sept. The delivery was delayed by the dealership from the promised date by a few days (may be due to lack of manpower after the Onam holidays). The only fly in the ointment during the delivery was that while the SA was explaining the important features, the one-touch function of the sunroof was not working to which he apologized and promised that he would report it and rectify it when the vehicle was taken for fixing the HSRP plate.

Was furious and disheartened but continued taking delivery as we didn't intend to spoil the occasion. I had a 200 km round trip on the next day for which MID showed an average of 12 kmpl. The suspension performed really well on the slightly winding Kerala state highway, the engine was also very tractable and refined, not able to comment much on the performance as I was keeping the engine speed below 2k for most of the time. Came back home extremely happy with how the car performed. And to add to that happiness, on searching online about the sunroof problem, I saw many posts about the same and how to solve this by recalibrating the sunroof mechanism. Decided to give it a try, did the simple two-step procedure using the sunroof button and VOILA, it started working as it was supposed to. Eagerly waiting to munch more miles on our new steed.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230920-10.18.09-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by vgs : 20th September 2023 at 22:30.
vgs is offline   (18) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2023, 09:23   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Update - Finally my dualtone has arrived, Delivery is on Sunday.Availed loan from SBI @ 8.80% for 5 years.
Opted for My Convenience, ICICI Lombard insurance from the showroom itself got 25k accessories free, Also 24k for a special number.

Will share pictures and a quick review next week.
update -pics
110 km done, mileage 10.1, 90% on ECO mode.

Thumbs up - Auto Hold, Panoramic sunroof,360 camera, indicator camera view, etc...

Thumbs down - The color of the seats could have been better, very small death pedal
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-9.02.52-am-4.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-9.02.52-am-3.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-9.02.52-am-2.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-9.02.52-am-1.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-9.02.52-am.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-8.46.33-am-7.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-8.46.33-am-6.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-8.46.33-am-5.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230921-8.46.33-am-side.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2023 at 18:12. Reason: Typos
shivkumar19 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 10:17   #682
BHPian

Quote:
update -pics

Thumbs up - Auto Hold, Panoramic sunroof,360 camera, indicator camera view, etc...

Thumbs down - The color of the seats could have been better, very small death pedal
Congratulations! Happy and safe ride
Which dealership in Bangalore?

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2023 at 18:13. Reason: Quoted post edited
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 10:27   #683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Hardly, they don't do much, it's just a general checkup. Your mileage would more or less likely remain the same. For reference, here is the expected mileage of the Kia Seltos shared by a KEC. These are just expected figures, some may get more, some may get less depending on driving style, but it provides a picture of what to expect so that you aren't shocked when you get pretty low mileage, especially in the Petrol versions.

Attachment 2505509
Quote:
update -pics

The mileage is on expected lines, as mentioned, considering it's a thirsty turbo-petrol, the mileage is largely affected by driving style. The fact of the matter is why have you driven 90% of the car in ECO mode, when this car feels so sluggish in it, was it because of the traffic, the real fun of the car lies in the Normal and Sport mode, when you buy a powerful turbo petrol, do try to have some fun with it!

Cheers.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2023 at 18:13. Reason: Quoted post edited
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 12:42   #684
BHPian

Got confirmation for my Xline today. It's loaded from the factory & will be available for PDI on the 26th as per my SA.

My SA told me that it's mandatory for an allotment that a total amount of 51k is transferred to the dealership to keep the car for me including the booking amount. So I was asked to pay 26k in addition to the 25k booking amount. Can someone confirm this, please?
Old 21st September 2023, 13:08   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlada_Boleslav View Post
Surprised at how few deliveries have been reported in this thread of the HTX IVT variant considering it is one of the if not the most VFM variant in the line up. Is it because the forum is full of enthusiasts who only want Turbo engines
A few more reasons could be the lack of features like Auto Brake hold( forgot the technical term), ADAS, UV cut glass, Ventilated seats and a whole bouquet of things making one consider whether the vehicle is worth 19~20 OTR. Mine is the IVT version in Pewter Green. It is a looker and a nice Performer.
Old 21st September 2023, 13:17   #686
BHPian

There is no other mid size SUV that comes close to this in terms of features, and Seltos is amongst the best in terms of space as well. I would personally still prefer a good GNCAP rating over ADAS any day!
vasanthn21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 14:03   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkvyas View Post
Got confirmation for my Xline today. It's loaded from the factory & will be available for PDI on the 26th as per my SA.

My SA told me that it's mandatory for an allotment that a total amount of 51k is transferred to the dealership to keep the car for me including the booking amount. So I was asked to pay 26k in addition to the 25k booking amount. Can someone confirm this, please?
No, I do not think that one needs to pay anything over the 25,000 INR booking amount for allocation.

(I was not asked to pay anything over the booking amount for vehicle allocation or PDI. Also, there was no such term mentioned in the booking docket. )

However, since 26K is not a big amount, you may concede.
skywalker18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 14:25   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
A few more reasons could be the lack of features like Auto Brake hold( forgot the technical term), ADAS, UV cut glass, Ventilated seats and a whole bouquet of things making one consider whether the vehicle is worth 19~20 OTR. Mine is the IVT version in Pewter Green. It is a looker and a nice Performer.
I personally feel both HTX and GTX offer similar value for what they offer and how much they cost so I was expecting to see similar level of interest in both variants. I am sure the actual bookings will be close in numbers, it is just that the team bhp sample size is too small and most here prefer GTX.

Congrats on your IVT and thanks for sharing your experience Waiting for mine.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st September 2023 at 15:12. Reason: Please punctuate as required. Thanks.
Old 21st September 2023, 14:36   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker18 View Post
No, I do not think that one needs to pay anything over the 25,000 INR booking amount for allocation.

(I was not asked to pay anything over the booking amount for vehicle allocation or PDI. Also, there was no such term mentioned in the booking docket. )

However, since 26K is not a big amount, you may concede.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I had to pay the amount to hold the car for me. But the SA seems to be a nice guy so far and didn't push me for accessories or anything else. The Xline waiting is obnoxiously high and I don't want to miss this opportunity.

Moreover, I got his written confirmation that the whole amount is 100% refundable if I cancel my plan after the PDI.
Old 21st September 2023, 16:22   #690
BHPian

Guys, from my limited knowledge, Kia connect uses an embedded SIM, right? Any idea which carrier is being used?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks