Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 22:08   #616
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
The function in discussion here is HILL HOLD not quite Auto hold. The Hill hold momentary holds the vehicles on brakes for like 3 seconds. Even than, if the slope is not very steep the creep function tends to hold the car in place and in some cases the car may start to creep slightly.
yes I believe you are correct. On braking, the auto-hold was engaged and shown in green on the MID. On disengaging the auto-hold, the vehicle would be held in place and on brakes for a few seconds until the creep is enough. What I realised was that it was super easy to stop on the slope, with auto-hold engaged, and then move again when required.
Old 13th September 2023, 22:14   #617
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
What I realised was that it was super easy to stop on the slope, with auto-hold engaged, and then move again when required.
Try without the auto-hold, it’ll be just the same.

Auto-hold is primarily useful in stop-go traffic (on flat surface), wherein it saves you the pain of pressing the brakes and holding on.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 13th September 2023 at 22:16.
Old 13th September 2023, 22:22   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Try without the auto-hold, it’ll be just the same.

Auto-hold is primarily useful in stop-go traffic (on flat surface), wherein it saves you the pain of pressing the brakes and holding on.
Auto-hold gets engaged automatically when I apply brakes and car comes to a complete stop. I don't think it makes sense to set it to off just because I am on a slope. Moreover, "the pain of pressing brakes and holding on" is worse on a slope. You may be right that it may work the same without auto-hold, just that it additionally doesn't require me to keep pressing brakes, even on a slope.
jazzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 23:29   #619
BHPian

Humble request to all 2023 Seltos 1.5T Petrol DCT owners. If anyone can share the real-life fuel economy (in both city as well as Highway conditions).
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 03:17   #620
BHPian

What is the recommended air pressure for GTX+ T-GDI? Will it help if I use Nitrogen instead of normal Air?
Old 14th September 2023, 11:31   #621

Got my car delivered on 10th Sept, HTX Petrol MT Pewter Olive. Had booked on 14th July with K Code.

The dealer pressurized me to complete payment by 31 Aug for their month end closure. I was fine as long as I was getting my car on time. No negotiations were done, tired hard to get some discounts on accessories but didn't get any. Max they offered was 10%, which I forfeited.

Following accessory I had from the dealer.
1. DashCam - Its a KIA Genuine accessory, basically white labeled chinese camera. Paid 18K for it assuming it won't use 12v point and would have motion sensing. But was disappointed to see both things not present there. Quality though is 4k and comes with 64 gigs of card. I recommend to fit this from outside and not from Kia. Only thing to take care is warranty thing.

I bought following from outside at much reasonable rate than what Kia Dealer offered.
1. 7D Mat - AutoTech Company. Rs. 5500
2. Boot Mat - Rs 1800.00

Havent loaded my car with too many accessories.
MinionTraveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 12:09   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
What is the recommended air pressure for GTX+ T-GDI? Will it help if I use Nitrogen instead of normal Air?
It is 35 psi recommended for all four tyres. Nitrogen is useful for two things - a highway trips as it does not heat up like normal air, and secondly tyre life increases slightly.
SeniorC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 12:50   #623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Nitrogen is useful for two things - a highway trips as it does not heat up like normal air, and secondly tyre life increases slightly.
Normal air has 80% Nitrogen in it, not sure if there is 20% increase will help much.

What is this in the picture under dashboard ? Looks like some wireless symbol or something
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_1162.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 16th September 2023 at 18:13. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 14th September 2023, 14:42   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
What is this in the picture under dashboard ? Looks like some wireless symbol or something
That's the QI (pronounced as chi) logo. They are the standard for wireless charging.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 14:49   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It light up when your phone is connected to wireless charging.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:11   #626
BANNED

Can anyone provide a fairly detailed overview of the Seltos 1.5 NA MT variant? A friend's family wants a no-nonsense SUV under 15L on the road and Seltos HTK seems to be their primary choice. I have driven the diesel, which is very competent, but they don't want to deal with DPF and DCT issues.
Old 14th September 2023, 18:50   #627
BHPian

I understand there is Kia Maps, Map my India MAPPLS, Google Maps.
Google Maps - connected using Apple Carplay (wired in GTX+, X Line)
MAPPLS - available as default or as an option?
Kia Maps - entirely different from both above and is an update-able software from (https://update.kia.com/IN/E1/Main)?

Obvious reasons : Google Maps will do better, except it can take you to a no-man's land with a great ETA leading you to start all over again.

But what about others? How is it used and available in the current facelift?
Old 14th September 2023, 19:07   #628
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
I understand there is Kia Maps, Map my India MAPPLS, Google Maps.
The default maps provided is pretty much useless in searching destinations. Tried few popular places and it could not find anything. So CarPlay google maps is what we have to depend.

Thanks guys on info on wireless charging, was wondering how to see my phone is charging or not, as i was not able to pep through and identify.

Last edited by shamanth : 14th September 2023 at 19:10.
Old 14th September 2023, 19:39   #629
BHPian

Took my first long drive of around 400kms. 65% National Highway, 35% relatively narrower curvy roads. Had to disable auto lane keep assist within 20km of my drive due to its aggressive assistance. A Slavia almost rear ended me when I tried to go over a speed bump and somehow the collision warning and the subsequent auto emergency braking got activated. The Slavia driver swivelled, glared at me as though I don't know to drive and drove away Other than this a pleasurable drive. I hit the top speed of around 150kmph in normal mode. Felt the car requires considerable more effort to go past this. And, I am comparing this with VW twins. Would love to hear if anyone had a different experience. Drove at saner speeds (~80kmph) most of the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
I have absolutely no problem in terms of performance and milage. It gives around 13 kmpl in city and the above trip returned a milage of 17.5 considering half of it was on unmetalled road and the car hasn't even gone through its first servicing I was fairly happy with it
I am surprised at this mileage. In city (Bangalore), I got 5-7kmpl. On highway, I got around 11kmpl, with 12kmpl when I drove around 80-100kmph with minimal gear shifts to dropping to 9kmpl when I drove around 115-150kmph. Not sure what am I missing. I am yet to get the first servicing done.

Anyone else got better mileage?
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 19:56   #630
BHPian

Quote:
The default maps provided is pretty much useless in searching destinations. Tried few popular places and it could not find anything. So CarPlay google maps is what we have to depend.
When you say default maps? is it Kia Maps or Map My India MAPPLS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks