Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2023, 21:42   #601

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Hey, please can you share with me the details of the Tyre shop in Delhi and any contact details if you have
Hi! I did get the tyres installed yesterday late evening from Universal Tyres in Kailash colony. Sending the contact detail over personal chat. As it got dark so couldn’t click decent pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_6048.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_6047.jpeg  

ALT+Drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 10:58   #602
Senior - BHPian

Any one using Auto-hold feature, was curious to know how it works in seltos.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5623327 (Auto Hold: Most convenient yet neglected feature!)
Old 12th September 2023, 11:13   #603
BHPian

Auto Hold should ideally not get engaged in Reverse gear but maybe some companies have implemented it differently.

In a city like Bangalore, Auto Hold is such a boon. For some of those unique situations where you would want to have that crawling speed (as pointed in post), just disengage during that time. It's a push button and usually easily accessible.

On tyre, I see lot of members have/are planning to swap same with UC6. Does it really add much value on GTX+ variant if primarily driven in the city?
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 11:14   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5623327 (Auto Hold: Most convenient yet neglected feature!)
Helps to rest your leg without engaging the hand brake. A few red light signals in my city are made on slight slopes. And one railway crossing that I need to go through regularly is sloping, getting stuck there was a nightmare. Very helpful in that case. Stops the car from rolling back. But can't do anything if a car ahead of you loses control and rolls back on your car.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2023 at 17:57. Reason: Better word used; typo
Mr Anderson is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th September 2023, 11:25   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

Set auto-hold to ON, there is a button to put that to ON. After that, whenever you press the brake and the car comes comes to a complete halt, auto-hold gets engaged and keeps the car in the same place so you can remove your foot from the brake and just enjoy the view. Press the accelerator lightly and auto-hold gets disengaged and vehicle starts to creep. This feature along with engine idle-stop-start works almost seamlessly in Seltos. ISS kicks-in a few seconds after auto-hold, for me.

This is different from parking brake, which is a simple replacement to the front brake in manual cars. It's a lever, which needs to be pulled once you have parked your car. You need to do this other than putting your car in P mode.
jazzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 11:29   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Helps to rest your leg without engaging the hand brake. A few red light signals in my city are made on slight slopes. And one railway crossing that I need to go through regularly is extremely slopy, getting stuck there was a nightmare. Very helpful in that case. Stops the car from rolling back. But can't do anything if a car ahead of you losses control and rolls back on your car.
reminds of my time driving outside India. The car behind me, would wait at the bottom of the slope in such cases. Once I did that while coming out of a mall parking lot in Bangalore and the guy behind me, kept honking, as if everybody is supposed to line up on the slope. Now I am not sure what to do in such cases.
jazzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 11:58   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
Set auto-hold to ON, there is a button to put that to ON.
This is only available on the GTX+ and XLine. Not available on the new Seltos till the HTX+.
Old 12th September 2023, 12:18   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Press the accelerator lightly and auto-hold gets disengaged and vehicle starts to creep.
Will it start to creep even when on a slope up? I'm particularly interested in that split second between pressing on the accelerator and auto hold getting disengaged. If I understand it right, car should creep or at least hold and shouldn't go back in that split second.

The two other automatic cars I have driven (Swift and Swift Dzire) didn't have auto hold and it was a nightmare once
Old 12th September 2023, 12:45   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Will it start to creep even when on a slope up? I'm particularly interested in that split second between pressing on the accelerator and auto hold getting disengaged. If I understand it right, car should creep or at least hold and shouldn't go back in that split second.

The two other automatic cars I have driven (Swift and Swift Dzire) didn't have auto hold and it was a nightmare once
No. Creep function does not work when auto hold option is being used. The accelerator will just have to pressed with a little pressure and the car moves forward. For the car to creep forward, auto hold should be turned off. It is just a slight press on the auto hold button near the gear shifter.
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 17:59   #610
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, Today I tried the Auto-Hold in Traffic signals.

Once you set this Auto-Hold, it remains on till you set-it to off, even if you switch of the car and start, it will remember if you had pressed Auto-hold and persist. Auto-hold shows up on screen in Grey till its engaged near side of speedometer.

Its a great help in traffic signal, after the car stops, Press the break for 1-2 seconds and it engages the Auto-Hold and it shows up in Green light. And when you need to move press the accelerator slightly and the car moves ahead, just note it required little bit more accelerator than you would normally would to disengage Auto-hold.

One thing to be careful is, if you are in bumper to bumper traffic like in typical Bangalore traffic, if a vehicle is couple of inches away in front of side, you need to be careful applying the accelerator it can jump ahead a little while disengaging Auto-hold, in that case better to switch off auto-hold and move accelerator or wait till front vehicle moves ahead a little and then press the accelerator.

Over-all a great feature, just needs to be careful till you get used to it. Similar to driving ADAS in highways, etc.
shamanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 19:23   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

On tyre, I see lot of members have/are planning to swap same with UC6. Does it really add much value on GTX+ variant if primarily driven in the city?
I drove the car for a good 80 odd kms on the stock JKs and around 25 km on the new Continentals only in city and can advocate wholeheartedly that I immediately noticed a marked improvement to the ride quality after swapping. The ride stiffness improved by more than 50% and road undulations/ potholes/ rough surfaces don't filter through to the cabin due to the softer compound. Road noise is also negligible now but a pending highway drive will give a better report. The steering has become heavier and feels more direct and connected to the road. On the downside, I see slight reduction in fuel efficiency. Will get a clear picture after the run in period.
ALT+Drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 21:23   #612
BHPian

I will be taking delivery of HTK varient next week. As HTK, comes with 16 inch steel wheel, I am thinking to get 16 inch alloys. Seltos 16 inch alloys from HTK+ doesn't look great for 47k which they are asking . I see sonet and carens also have 16 inch alloys which are better looking, any Idea they would fit seltos?
Old 13th September 2023, 14:22   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
I see sonet and carens also have 16 inch alloys which are better looking, any Idea they would fit seltos?
Use Carens 16 inch alloys. They will fit. Also check with your SA.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 18:42   #614
BHPian

Quote:

I tried this today on a slope which I reckon, would be about 30 degrees or more, coming out of a parking lot. I put the car on auto-hold on the slope, then pressed on accelerator a little to disengage the auto-hold and the car moved forward. There was no backward movement at all. There was no jerk either that I get when doing the same thing on a flat road (still trying to get a better feel of it, to make it work without the jerk). So there is no creep but there is no backward movement down the slope either. This applies to GT line and I guess, X line too.
jazzy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 21:38   #615
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I tried this today on a slope which I reckon, would be about 30 degrees or more, coming out of a parking lot. I put the car on auto-hold on the slope, then pressed on accelerator a little to disengage the auto-hold and the car moved forward. There was no backward movement at all. There was no jerk either that I get when doing the same thing on a flat road (still trying to get a better feel of it, to make it work without the jerk). So there is no creep but there is no backward movement down the slope either. This applies to GT line and I guess, X line too.
The function in discussion here is HILL HOLD not quite Auto hold. The Hill hold momentary holds the vehicles on brakes for like 3 seconds. Even than, if the slope is not very steep the creep function tends to hold the car in place and in some cases the car may start to creep slightly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks