Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2023, 20:15   #571
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT+Drive View Post
Took delivery of my White GTX+ 7DCT yesterday on 8th September 2023.

Cheers!
Congratulations on your purchase. The car looks beautiful. Hope you have a memorable and fuss free ownership. Glad to hear dealer matching insurance quote and not pushing for add-ons. Dealers here in Mumbai are making it compulsory!
ssoni.1411 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 20:55   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
There is no wireless Android auto/carplay right? How big a miss is that? I have never used AA/carplay, so don't know what to expect.

Well this my first time using any form of Android auto/carplay. I tried it may be once or twice before switching back to Good old Bluetooth for music.

Apart from Google maps, which I won't use as long as kia doesn't link it's directions to be shown in instrument cluster and hud, I am not sure what advantages it offers.

I cannot be bothered to check WhatsApp/text or any app notifications while driving.
Mr Anderson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:17   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead07 View Post
So I got a call from SA last week and was informed that my vehicle has been dispatched. It arrived dealer's stockyard on Thursday and I went for a PDI yesterday. The vehicle looked fine and I was told that I can switch on the ignition and test if systems are working properly, however, I cannot drive the car even for like 10 feets within the stockyard area. Found most of the things in order especially the ac which cooled the car parked in bright sunlight in less than 2 mins.

However, I am slightly concerned on the following:
1) Cooling effect of ventilated seats was not noticeable although I could feel the vibrations. I was told that seats are hot owing to car being parked in open area and should be running fine as you drive it for sometime.

2) Stock tyres are sourced from JK although previous batch (of HTX+) had Good Year tyres. Checked with a tyre shop for replacement and he told that he can buyback at 4,000/piece though he suggested to continue with JK tyres suggesting that both Creta/Seltos higher models have these tyres and are one of the best tyres supplied by JK and customer feedback isn't that bad.

3) Has someone tried converting wired Android Auto to wireless using some adapters. Amazon search yields some adapters enabling the same.
Just to add, I got my comprehensive insurance with all the riders at 44k which was about 28k lesser than what the dealership quoted. The good part was that they never forced me to buy any insurance, extended warranty or accessories. I willingly bought extended warranty and some accessories (floor/boot mat, door visors, screen protector etc). Looking forward to taking delivery next week due to some pending formalities.
Turbohead07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:38   #574
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
There is no wireless Android auto/carplay right? How big a miss is that? I have never used AA/carplay, so don't know what to expect.
I have one car with Wireless AA and other with Wired AA. I would prefer Wireless AA but it's not a big deal. You would just need to deal with wire that will be plugged into the USB port, with Wireless it's just little less cluttered (one less wire). Also Wireless AA/CP is only useful when you have wireless charging (more importantly a phone that supports Wireless charging), as you would anyways need a wire to charge your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Well this my first time using any form of Android auto/carplay. I tried it may be once or twice before switching back to Good old Bluetooth for music.
Android Auto/Apple carplay is a god send to do many functions.

1) Use voice commands to call a particular person, pause music, play a particular song/playlist etc..
2) I even use it to send out whatsapp msgs, and have the whatsapp/MS teams msgs read out to me.
3) Using voice commands easily find navigation direction to a location on google/apple maps.
4) A football and cricket fan, so it's just easy for me to know about the scores on the go, using just voice commands.
5) Android Auto/Apple carplay is just like google at the command of your voice. Ask any question, just like you would do voice search and the car (google)responds back.
6) Some people also use it to set reminders, or calendar tasks.

Questions to you.

1) Can you disable Adaptive Cruise control and use normal cruise control?
2) Can you enable Google maps/Kia maps in instrument cluster like we have the option in Nexon facelift?

Last edited by 07CR : 9th September 2023 at 21:42.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:49   #575
BHPian

[quote=jazzy;5621598] Just then I remembered "I am sitting on a ventilated seat", so I put that on and in a few seconds thanked Kia. The effect was almost instantaneous.

I believe most people in India still feel this is a nice-to-have feature. My question to them would be this - would you say heated seats are a not-so-necessary feature if you were living in say, Canada? It's probably a luxury feature right now, just as automatic transmission and power steering used to be sometime back.
/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more with you. I wish manufacturers realise the difference between comfort and bling. There are some features that don't add any functional value to the car like alloys, shark fin antenna, more chrome, dual tone color scheme, etc. And then there are functional features like cornering lights, ventilated seats, rear wiper and defogger, etc I just wish manufacturers provide functional features as standard or atleast optional with all variants. And the bling features can be put in top variants for people who want to show off.

Last edited by Time_Machine : 9th September 2023 at 21:50.
Time_Machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:49   #576
BHPian

I would never use any communication while driving. I only listen to music and use navigation. That's all. No communication while driving is important for my safe driving and not to get distracted. If at all I have to answer a call, I park at kerbside and then converse. That's just me, I suppose
SeniorC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:01   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Thanks for the detailed answer. This last point made me wonder if we can set a geolocation alert/reminder using AA/Carplay? Considering these cars come with GPS now (or connected to smartphones), can we make the car alert about a pending task when we reach a particular location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
I would never use any communication while driving. I only listen to music and use navigation. That's all. No communication while driving is important for my safe driving and not to get distracted. If at all I have to answer a call, I park at kerbside and then converse. That's just me, I suppose
Yeah, to each is own. Some people even consider Navigation a distraction. But personally, I would love to use voice commands to do basic communication stuff when I know I'm not too stressed.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 02:26   #578
BHPian

Quote:

1) Use voice commands to call a particular person, pause music, play a particular song/playlist etc..
2) I even use it to send out whatsapp msgs, and have the whatsapp/MS teams msgs read out to me.
3) Using voice commands easily find navigation direction to a location on google/apple maps.
4) A football and cricket fan, so it's just easy for me to know about the scores on the go, using just voice commands.
5) Android Auto/Apple carplay is just like google at the command of your voice. Ask any question, just like you would do voice search and the car (google)responds back.

Questions to you.

2) Can you enable Google maps/Kia maps in instrument cluster like we have the option in Nexon facelift?
Quote:
Thanks for the detailed answer. This last point made me wonder if we can set a geolocation alert/reminder using AA/Carplay? Considering these cars come with GPS now (or connected to smartphones), can we make the car alert about a pending task when we reach a particular location?
To use voice commands, you don't need AA/Apple carplay. I used voice commands yesterday without using Apple carplay. Connect via bluetooth and press the voice button once to start issuing commands. There is a list of sample commands mentioned in the manual.

Apple carplay gives 3 functions, as I could understand. This is the first time I have used, so I am not certain about this but these 3 icons appeared on the screen once I connected:

1) Maps icon: Using google maps from phone, with bluetooth connectivity, I could get voice outputs to guide me to destination but google map couldn't be displayed on the instrument cluster.
2) Music icon: See your playlist on the phone and navigate (you can listen to songs from playlist using bluetooth too)
3) Phone icon: not sure of this function but using bluetooth too, I was able to make and receive calls, didn't try reading or writing messages or whatsapp or any other app as I would never do these things while driving.

I think, point 1 is the only advantage of using AA/Apple carplay.

To set reminders, there is a feature of "voice memo", if I remember correctly, still discovering such features, never used.
Old 10th September 2023, 06:27   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
To use voice commands, you don't need AA/Apple carplay. I used voice commands yesterday without using Apple carplay. Connect via bluetooth and press the voice button once to start issuing commands. There is a list of sample commands mentioned in the manual.

To set reminders, there is a feature of "voice memo", if I remember correctly, still discovering such features, never used.
Indeed, you can use voice commands that are pre fed to the car. However, in my experience these are quite limited, and I instead prefer to connect my cars to Android Auto, and use the google enabled voice commands. It's basically Google at voice search. Gives me all the details without getting distracted.

Quote:
Interesting. Never tried this. Will definitely give this a try next time!

Question to both of you. I assume you both have a GT line or X Line variant.

Last edited by 07CR : 10th September 2023 at 06:29.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 06:53   #580
BHPian

Quote:

Question to both of you. I assume you both have a GT line or X Line variant.

I'm still waiting for my GTX. Jazzy has one already. But from whatever I know, you can't get Google Maps in the instrument cluster, but Kia maps does work albeit within the small space in the middle and not as a full screen like on Nexon
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 07:12   #581

Quote:
Can you provide more info on the insurance? Which company insurance quote did you show to get the reduction? Also, what all insurance add-ons did you choose?
I arranged the quote from my regular agent and he advised Tata AIG AND HDFC Ergo. With all same inclusions as per the dealer insurance, got a quote for 43k. Luckily dealer also had a tie up for TATA Aig and they matched the cost and inclusions. Earlier dealer quote was 75k. Insurance includes Zero Dep, Consumables, Engine secure, Tyre coverage, RTI, Road side assistance, Key replacement and Loss of personal belongings.

Meanwhile on advise from fellow Bhpians taking the car today for tyre upgrade to continentals UC6 for which i have been quoted 11.2k per tyre and 5k buy back for JKs. Couldnt find a better deal having checked 2-3 shops here in Delhi. Shall update with pics soon.
ALT+Drive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 09:04   #582
BHPian

I will be taking delivery sometime next week , any recommendations for good car cover and a single channel dashcam around 5K.
Old 10th September 2023, 09:48   #583
BHPian

Quote:

Questions to you.

It could be just me, but I'd want to focus on the road and road only while driving.

I have an updated song playlist that contains my favourite songs that I start before I begin driving. And i always put that in shuffle mode.

The maximum I do while driving is skip to the next song, reduce/increase volume, pick up an incoming call all using steering mounted controls. Essentially things that don't require me to take my eyes of the road.

Using text or WhatsApp or calling someone is not at all a necessity for me while I am driving. I'd rather stop the car and do it then.

Even if I'd use voice commands to call someone i'd think I'd have to take my eyes off the road and turn my gaze on to the infotainment system to check if Google has indeed made a call to the right person in my contact list.

To ask Google for cricket updates is something that sounds interesting and I'd try Android auto just for that , seeing Aisa cup is on with ind-pak match today and I have a trip planned for today. It will also be a handy feature for the upcoming world cup.

Regarding your questions.

I don't think you can enable normal cruise control. It's either adaptive or none.

Kia maps does show the direction on instrument cluster and hud(which is nice as I don't have to take my eyes of the road), while Google maps won't. It will be visible only on the infotainment system hence I've decided against using Google maps untill it's rectified.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 10th September 2023 at 09:50.
Old 10th September 2023, 10:09   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an updated song playlist that contains my favourite songs that I start before I begin driving. And i always put that in shuffle mode.
I have just multiple playlists. When I am with family its a separate one. With Wife it's a separate one. There's a separate one when the niece is around (a two year old know it all ). And finally a one which only "I" like. So the voice command helps a lot, when I need to specify the different one's!

Quote:
Using text or WhatsApp or calling someone is not at all a necessity for me while I am driving. I'd rather stop the car and do it then.
Even I don't. There are few usecases I need to use it.

Quote:
Even if I'd use voice commands to call someone i'd think I'd have to take my eyes off the road and turn my gaze on to the infotainment system to check if Google has indeed made a call to the right person in my contact list.
You are not really required to look at the screen. Whenever you say "Call XYZ", it responds back "calling XYZ", post that it calls in about two seconds.

Quote:
To ask Google for cricket updates is something that sounds interesting and I'd try Android auto just for that , seeing Aisa cup is on with ind-pak match today and I have a trip planned for today. It will also be a handy feature for the upcoming world cup.
Yes it's indeed very useful. Like other day me and wife were quarreling about a certain actor's age. I just used voice commands and asked the age (just to be proven wrong). Like I said earlier, it's just google with a voice search!

Quote:
I don't think you can enable normal cruise control. It's either adaptive or none.
Ohh that's really sad. That said, is there an option to turn off adaptive cruise control, just like you turn off other ADAS functions. If there is, can you please try this, and then in one of your trips attempt to use the normal cruise control?

Quote:
Kia maps does show the direction on instrument cluster and hud(which is nice as I don't have to take my eyes of the road), while Google maps won't. It will be visible only on the infotainment system hence I've decided against using Google maps untill it's rectified.
Is it just the directions or a section of map that is visible?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 12:01   #585
BHPian

Do you get a printed owners manual/service booklet as part of delivery? It will be very much needed to sit through and understand every feature.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks