Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 12:31   #481
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

I have a good relation with my SA and don't want to ruin it but I am desperate here. I will wait for a few more days before I decide what to do next. To be fair, they did offer me a vehicle long before deliveries officially started but I want it in black and they had the olive green for me to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
I feel for you, honestly. Did you try emailing Kia India directly? Try doing that. And also the senior folks at the dealership.

My docket says 26th Nov as the expected date although I've been given verbal assurances of faster delivery. I don't think I should be expecting anything better.
Old 30th August 2023, 12:38   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
Kia should step in and instruct their dealers not to force ridiculous things like showroom insurance and 25,000 worth of accessories on customers!
This is not only with Kia. I think they have normalised this across dealerships for new cars ( not sure about readily available vehicles).
Last September, first I booked the Toyota Hyryder Full Hybrid. Around January, they offered my Variant and Colour but with full accessories ( claiming it was billed to another client with accessories so I too could only buy accordingly).l let the offer pass and waited till March/April.
Then booked the Maruti GV by cancelling Toyota booking. This was allotted in 2 months but again with the accessory rider.
I cancelled that too when I booked the Kia Seltos IVT and kept in mind that I had to let go of myself if I wanted something. Finally my Pewter Green IVT HTX will be delivered within 2-3 days with a reduced accessory list( Mats, Sunshades, Door Visors and a few here and there which I actually wanted but along with Ceramic Coating from the dealer.)
In all 3 cases I was ok with Insurance from the dealer. So yes, I have paid an official premium to get my allotment. All 3 dealers are from Mumbai and to top it, my driver who has a side hustle of tourist vehicles tells me that when a yellow number plate car is to be purchased, dealers are mandating accessories much more than 25,000/- for ready allotments or else wait indefinitely ( for cars like Wagon R/Ertiga).

Last edited by riteshritesh : 30th August 2023 at 12:40.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 14:55   #483

Got my HTX IVT Imperial Blue allocated last week, did PDI over the weekend (thanks to the PDI checklist on teamBHP). All is well and the registration formalities are in process and the car is going to be delivered by this Saturday 02/09.
My dealer (Kia Malad - Mumbai) originally tried to give me another car a few weeks back with all the accessories and with insurance through them, saying these are already billed to this particular car. However I said no and told them to allocate to somebody else. I will wait and take only things I need and nothing more.
I took insurance directly from my old agent, saved 32k even after all the possible add-ons. The only thing I did before buying insurance was spoke to their insurance guy at the service centre to check which all companies do they have cashless facilities with and opted for one of them. Took only about 5 accessories which I want and nothing more, told him to not push this 25k business to me.

I think the trick here is to be in constant touch with your dealer and keep politely checking with them every couple of days. I kept majority of my conversation through email even after they confirmed something over whatsapp. I also had a few senior member's email ids from the dealers team so marked them all in all my conversations every time.
I kept asking them what is my booking's waiting number at their dealership for my particular variant booked.
I think the booking status on the website is pretty useless, my car has been registered now and the status on the website still shows - "Booked'. I think the status is updated after getting instructions from the the dealer itself, who also often forget to inform Kia India to update. As far as the customers are concerned, the entire K-code drama was pretty useless. In the end everything is upto the dealer itself.

Now looking forward to Saturday to finally take delivery and hit the road.
Mr.V is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 15:16   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.V View Post
I took insurance directly from my old agent, saved 32k even after all the possible add-ons. The only thing I did before buying insurance was spoke to their insurance guy at the service centre to check which all companies do they have cashless facilities with and opted for one of them. Took only about 5 accessories which I want and nothing more, told him to not push this 25k business to me.
This is truly one of the most helpful messages in this thread for someone who has also booked a Seltos and waiting endlessly.

Can you please let me know which insurance you took, add-ons you selected and how much it cost you? Also, which accessories you bought?
Old 30th August 2023, 16:34   #485
BHPian

This is primarily a rant on the variant choices provided by Kia!

I have been driving a Jazz since 2012 and have been more than happy with it, but with time there has been an itch to move to a new car and considering our road conditions (and family's aspirations) I have been hunting for a CSUV. Everyone in the family agrees that look/feature wise Kia Seltos is the car we should go for.

I primarily drive in Bangalore's B2B traffic (monthly less than 500 km) with occasional highway jaunts (annually less than 1000 km). My brain says go for the HTX IVT variant but it seems to lack a lot of the features that my family likes in GTX+ variant plus IVT is just OK for highways. My heart says go for the GTX+ variant which is great in terms of features (and engine+transmission) but also comes with the risk of DCT issue/failure. Does the HTX+ IMT T-GDI sound like a good compromise wherein I get to enjoy the turbo petrol while still having a more reliable and relatively convenient transmission in the form of IMT? But then I think about it, by paying less than a lakh I can upgrade from HTX+ to GTX+ and get ADAS, 360 cam etc.! Ahh this is so frustrating, why couldn't Kia release a high end version with IVT!

The Elevate does come with ADAS but misses out on a lot of features. I'm not considering the German twins as of now considering the various non-DSG issues that owners have reported. Hyryder hybrid has a really long wait time. GV/Hyryder interiors also feel like a step below.

I will continue with my Jazz for some more time and may be check out the Creta facelift before taking a decision!
Old 30th August 2023, 16:53   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Can you please let me know which insurance you took, add-ons you selected and how much it cost you? Also, which accessories you bought?
I took Future Generali for just a bit over 40k with the following add ons - 1 year OD + 3 year TP, Zero Dep, Engine Protect, RTI, Consumables, Tyre protect, Loss of keys, RSA, loss of personal belongings, PA owner driver cover 15L, PA unnamed passengers cover 1L, paid driver cover.

In accessories just got the basic floor mats, boot mat, cup holder coaster and door edge guard.

Another thing I wanted to point out about the accessories is that the dealer didn't specify what accessories already come with the car variant I booked. I noticed on PDI my HTX IVT already came with mudguards, Door scuff plates with Seltos logo, window side beading chrome as standard. The sales exec also confirmed during PDI it did come as standard with this model. I had planned to buy a couple of these things separately through the dealer anyways but was never told this already comes as standard. Had I confirmed this earlier, would the dealer have told me or still taken the money, one can only speculate.
Mr.V is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 19:03   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeter View Post
My heart says go for the GTX+ variant which is great in terms of features (and engine+transmission) but also comes with the risk of DCT issue/failure.
Since you were looking for GTX+ Turbo petrol, and having concern on DCT. Why not look at GTX+ Diesel, which comes with trouble free Torque convertor and is one of the most selling model of seltos ? Unless you have fear on Diesel restriction after 10+ years like Delhi ?
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 20:29   #488
BHPian

So I went ahead for a TD on a GTX+ Petrol (Turbo) and loved it. Booked it. My current ride is Honda Amaze SMT Diesel, which has been run over 1.5 lakh kms in just about 10 years (Will be 10 years on November 1st 2023). Unfortunately NCR rules do not allow me to keep it beyond 10 years.

Good:
* Exterior looks - Awesome.
* Quality of Interiors - Just Great.
* Electric seat adjustment. Superb!!! Though I wish there was a memory option on seats.
* Paddle shifters were pure joy. There is absolutely no Gear Lag. D4,5,6 are fun while playing with those shifters.
* Slick infotainment system. The screen is the cleanest implementation in sub 20L range.
* ADAS looked great with special mention to the turn cameras.

Average:
* The ride quality on those 18 inchers seemed a bit stiff. TPMS in the test drive car showed 38 psi all around. SA said the tyres coming on GTX+ were either Bridgestone or Goodyear - not sure which is better. Do I need to change it in future? My current running is not much, mostly city driving and once a quarter outstations (read highways)
* I didn't like the color choice for GTX+ per se. Black roof with black seats that look nice to me, but the sage greens from X-Line would have been better.
* Kia should have kept the HUD in the GTX which I will sorely miss.
* The Bose music system worked well - though not expecting much. It will be only used when I am driving alone. If I have my Mom in the car, then it will not be used. Bluetooth connectivity was seamless for me (atleast) - hope the new car will have the same.

Question:
A question for the GTX+ owners (facelift) - is there any accessory available with the car during delivery or only the ones which I chose before delivery. The SA was not quite helpful here in explaining what accessories will come with the vehicle.
cos2bh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 00:07   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
Question:
A question for the GTX+ owners (facelift) - is there any accessory available with the car during delivery or only the ones which I chose before delivery. The SA was not quite helpful here in explaining what accessories will come with the vehicle.
All the accessories that you choose before delivery are fitted and given. I guess some accessories like cushion or perfume can be bought at dealership during delivery otherwise rest are fitted earlier

In GTX+ mud flaps and sill plates with Seltos logo are already fitted and you need not pay for them
Old 31st August 2023, 00:19   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
All the accessories that you choose before delivery are fitted and given. I guess some accessories like cushion or perfume can be bought at dealership during delivery otherwise rest are fitted earlier

In GTX+ mud flaps and sill plates with Seltos logo are already fitted and you need not pay for them
Thank you very much for the details.
A small question though, when you say Sill Plates do you mean for all 4 doors and Trunk as well?
Old 31st August 2023, 07:45   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for the details.
A small question though, when you say Sill Plates do you mean for all 4 doors and Trunk as well?
Only the 4 doors. The trunk isn't included
Old 31st August 2023, 11:24   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Question:
You should tell your SA atleast 1 day before delivery what you want, so that he can invoice and get it ready. They will have delivery of 15-20 deliveries per day, dont think they will have time to install it during delivery.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:50   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Since you were looking for GTX+ Turbo petrol, and having concern on DCT. Why not look at GTX+ Diesel, which comes with trouble free Torque convertor and is one of the most selling model of seltos ? Unless you have fear on Diesel restriction after 10+ years like Delhi ?
Thanks for the recommendation, I never even thought of Diesel as my daily running is less than 20 KM. Given I don't have much knowledge of diesel engines, will I end up doing more harm to the engine due to my low + infrequent running? If not I would feel much safer with a TC rather than DCT transmission.
Old 31st August 2023, 19:12   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
You should tell your SA atleast 1 day before delivery what you want, so that he can invoice and get it ready. They will have delivery of 15-20 deliveries per day, dont think they will have time to install it during delivery.
Thank you very much. I will do that. Appreciate your assistance in the matter.
Old 1st September 2023, 00:47   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeter View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, I never even thought of Diesel as my daily running is less than 20 KM. Given I don't have much knowledge of diesel engines, will I end up doing more harm to the engine due to my low + infrequent running? If not I would feel much safer with a TC rather than DCT transmission.
I had purchased the Amaze Diesel because then my running was anything between 100 - 130 kms daily 5 times a week. Now my running is about 100 kms a week which is why I am moving to a Turbo Petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks