Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 09:01   #451
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujwalp01 View Post
Dashcam costs 15k (inclusive of tax), this is similar to the one that hyundai provides (w/ creta) and does not support any app.

I had asked for the post-installation photo from my SA, he is yet to share it. But he did mention it will be connected to the 12v socket and wiring will be neatly tucked-in.
Do share the pics once you get them. Also do let us know if its worth the price considering you can get decent dash cams in the half the price kia offers from car accessories shops.
Old 28th August 2023, 09:10   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
No app support and connecting to 12V port permanently? Jeez... Not worth 15k then Now need to look for other accessories to make up their 25k requirement.
While the dashcam isn't great, I want to understand what is the app support for. Transferring the 100+ mb files using app will be very slow considering the terrible mobile internet speeds that we have in the country.
Old 28th August 2023, 09:36   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajahSaheb View Post
Now that's dumb! Shouldn't it be the other way around? The top-spec gets wireless AA/AC while lower models might not.

Thanks for another great review!
I was told by SA that this is due to specs with 10.25 inch screen supporting Kia connect and allegedly its a security risk to avail wireless AA/AC along with Kia connect (same issue with Creta). [I translated it to, we could not get wireless AA/AC to work without messing Kia connect up]
Old 28th August 2023, 09:41   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
While the dashcam isn't great, I want to understand what is the app support for. Transferring the 100+ mb files using app will be very slow considering the terrible mobile internet speeds that we have in the country.
They don't get transferred over the internet. Dashcams create their own WiFi which phone apps connect to. That's my understanding.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 09:41   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Do share the pics once you get them. Also do let us know if its worth the price considering you can get decent dash cams in the half the price kia offers from car accessories shops.
Will share once I get the pics. Do note that I did not consider getting one from them as you can get much better VFM ones from aftermarket. I haven't tested ones personally but well known ones (purely based on my research) are ddpai, 70mai and qubo.
Old 28th August 2023, 09:45   #456

Quote:
No app support and connecting to 12V port permanently? Jeez... Not worth 15k then Now need to look for other accessories to make up their 25k requirement.
Which dealer in blr? I got mine (GTX+ DCT pewter olive) allotted on 19th Aug, not delivered yet as BH registeration is taking time. My dealer (Epitome Yelahanka) had clearly mentioned that insurance, accessories, MCP are completely my personal choice and not compulsory. Please do check with dealer, you should not be put in a position to choose accessories worth 25k.
ujwalp01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 09:52   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
In my previous Seltos, the wireless charger did not work with my iPhone in the Spigen cover. Hopefully, this time around, it will work as it works flawlessly in the Fronx which I recently tested.
When I did test-drive GTX+ DCT, I found that wireless charging did not work with my iPhone w/ cyrill (sub-brand of spigen) magsafe case. Not sure if this is due to protrusion around camera or the actual case thickness (normal though). This may end up as a slight annoyance the more I spend time with the car.
Old 28th August 2023, 10:04   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer in blr? I got mine (GTX+ DCT pewter olive) allotted on 19th Aug, not delivered yet as BH registeration is taking time. My dealer (Epitome Yelahanka) had clearly mentioned that insurance, accessories, MCP are completely my personal choice and not compulsory. Please do check with dealer, you should not be put in a position to choose accessories worth 25k.
Naara Kia. To be fair, they haven't insisted on anything. I'm yet to get allotment, so haven't even discussed these things (except the insurance part where they tried to scare me about longer cashless claim process if I go with third-party). I was assuming every dealer will pressurise you to buy accessories worth 25k based on some previous discussions in the same thread. Good to know it's not always the case.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 12:19   #459
BHPian

It then seems to be a problem with Kia as I recently test drove the Grand Vitara and on it, the wireless charger with my iPhone on the Spigen Caseology MagSafe Care worked perfectly fine.

Quote:
When I did test-drive GTX+ DCT, I found that wireless charging did not work with my iPhone w/ cyrill (sub-brand of spigen) magsafe case. Not sure if this is due to protrusion around camera or the actual case thickness (normal though). This may end up as a slight annoyance the more I spend time with the car.
Old 28th August 2023, 12:26   #460
BHPian

Quote:

Kia's interface is very similar to Hyundai Tucson, and Wireless Charging has to be activated via the screen, before it can be used. Need to be done only once. but its a nice feature. I think you might want to check out the settings
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 12:57   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
Kia's interface is very similar to Hyundai Tucson, and Wireless Charging has to be activated via the screen, before it can be used. Need to be done only once. but its a nice feature. I think you might want to check out the settings
Valid point, but I did check it was enabled as it worked when I removed the case.
Old 28th August 2023, 15:49   #462
BHPian

Is there a way we can track our booking via booking ID ? . I got a message with booking ID on my number , when I try to login to KIA website through same number , it says number is not registered and asks all details again .
Old 28th August 2023, 16:12   #463
BHPian

Went for a PDI of my Xline 6AT.
Unrofunatley I won't be getting the car so soon because I refused to buy the exorbitantly priced insurance from them.

My delivery date as per the docket is scheduled on 22 September. I received a call from the dealership 3 days ago that my car will arrive today and it did but it wasn't the car alloted by kia(which I wrongly thought it was)as the booking docket's status didn't changed when i checked online after coming back home

The kia dealership here refused the delivery if I don't take insurance from them and asked me to wait for my car to be alloted by KIA. They said this was arranged by them and if I want delivery I'd have to buy insurance along with it..

Looks like I'll have to wait another 25 days because I am not going to get robbed by them in the name of insurance.

I assume they would be helpless and won't be able to rob me if the car has been alloted by kia and it's their duty to provide the car.

They were trying to lure me into buying it now by saying even if the docket date says 22 sept there is no guarantee the car will alloted. Don't blame us if you don't get the car because the availability is very limited blaah blaah blaah. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 28th August 2023 at 16:14.
Mr Anderson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 16:16   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
Is there a way we can track our booking via booking ID ? . I got a message with booking ID on my number , when I try to login to KIA website through same number , it says number is not registered and asks all details again .
You are supposed to login via Mobile number, not booking ID, at least that's what works for me to see my booking details online.

Here is the link: https://www.kia.com/in/member/login.html

However, it's pretty useless. I don't see any info on expected allotment date.
Old 28th August 2023, 16:20   #465
BHPian

Quote:
You are supposed to login via Mobile number, not booking ID, at least that's what works for me to see my booking details online.
I used mobile number to try to login to this , but it says number not registered

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks