Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 16:22   #346
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

1. HTX petrol manual has JK UX royale(215/60 R17) has the OEM tyre. We have been using only Bridgestone tyres (Dueler in XUV 500 and Ecopia in City. Both of these were OEMs. I have replaced the OEMs with the same brand tyres) in our cars for the last decade and those tires have lasted well.
However, I am a little skeptical about JK tyre quality and have never used them as I have read negative reviews of them online. How would one compare Continental UC6 vs Bridgestone dueler for 215/60 R17? Any other alternatives?

2. Changing tires should not affect the warranty as long as the specifications(215/60 R17) are the same as the OEM tyres?
skywalker18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 20:26   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker18 View Post
1. HTX petrol manual has JK UX royale(215/60 R17) has the OEM tyre. We have been using only Bridgestone tyres (Dueler in XUV 500 and Ecopia in City. Both of these were OEMs. I have replaced the OEMs with the same brand tyres) in our cars for the last decade and those tires have lasted well.
However, I am a little skeptical about JK tyre quality and have never used them as I have read negative reviews of them online. How would one compare Continental UC6 vs Bridgestone dueler for 215/60 R17? Any other alternatives?

2. Changing tires should not affect the warranty as long as the specifications(215/60 R17) are the same as the OEM tyres?
One of our new vehicles came with JK's and due to very minimal usage, did not bother to change. It's held up pretty well, road noise and comfort is a notch lower than say a Michelin. Had reached a gps recorded true speed of 185kmph without any heating issue on these JK's (on a major 6 lane expressway that was access restricted and prior to inauguration with walkie talkies from construction agency provided in each of our cars to coordinate).

Changing to same spec will not void the warranty. In fact we have upgraded (wider) with max 2-3% tolerance on some vehicles in the family. No issues during service/dealer.

Last edited by xotiq : 19th August 2023 at 20:29.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 11:48   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
The first prominent difference is ride quality. Seltos IVT rides plusher as compared to stiffer GTX+ DCT. This point alone is a blocker for GTX+ DCT in my use case. I don't know if this is due to different tunes of suspension in these two variants or may be due to different tire sizes, the ride quality in GTX+ suffers. Every undulation, expansion joints were felt in the cabin in GTX+.
Did you check the tyre pressure of both cars? In my TD, tyre pressure was hovering around 45. That can very well be the cause of stiffness.
Old 20th August 2023, 11:55   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post

My comparison is with my first gen Creta which runs on 16 inch and 65 profile tyres and I certainly do not find any reason to complain. In fact I find the Seltos better in normal city traffic. I am yet to take it on the highways. Regarding rear passengers, I have a trip planned this weekend so I will let you know after that since I will be having rear passengers also.
Just wondering if this trip happened and what are your observations. I've booked the new Seltos and will be moving from i20. A bit worried about the long trips with rear passengers.
Old 20th August 2023, 19:23   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Did you check the tyre pressure of both cars? In my TD, tyre pressure was hovering around 45. That can very well be the cause of stiffness.
Yes. Both cars showed 36psi on TPMS. My BIL has Seltos D AT and his impressions were on similar lines. This was my second TD for GTX+DCT and on both occasions I felt the same observations that I shared. An important point worth mentioning is that my current ride is the age old Type1 Dzire which is softly sprung and is running on fresh UC6 tires. Hence my relative experience on both variants of Seltos is with that perspective.
For someone coming from another car perspective, Seltos GTX+ DCT may be an acceptable experience. Having said this, I will strongly suggest to drive both IVT and DCT variants back to back to have a better understanding. I am quite clear that for my needs, GTX+ DCT suffers from ride quality and that is a clear blocker for me.

Last edited by headbanger : 20th August 2023 at 19:31.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 20:48   #351

I booked a GTX+ DCT Turbo Petrol (Aurora Black Pearl colour) on August 14th and the dealer (Capital Kia, Adyar) mentioned at least 1-2 months for delivery.

I asked for a test drive but was told they didn't get any test drive vehicles yet.

But yesterday I got a call from the SA and he said my vehicle had been allotted. Was surprised, but I also received an official email from them confirming the same. He said I would probably be able to check out my car and do the PDI next week.

When I asked about the test drive, he said a diesel AT test drive vehicle was available.
I went ahead and did the quick TD within the city and loved it. The engine was too silent and a fantastic vehicle overall. I didn't check the tyre pressure, but the ride & suspension was comfortable.

I still haven't done the TD for a Turbo petrol DCT though and was wondering if anyone in Chennai has done a TD for the turbo petrol variant? If so, which dealer?
cnus8n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 22:19   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnus8n View Post

When I asked about the test drive, he said a diesel AT test drive vehicle was available.
I went ahead and did the quick TD within the city and loved it. The engine was too silent and a fantastic vehicle overall. I didn't check the tyre pressure, but the ride & suspension was comfortable.

I still haven't done the TD for a Turbo petrol DCT though and was wondering if anyone in Chennai has done a TD for the turbo petrol variant? If so, which dealer?
I guess Turbo Petrol suspension's have been made a little stiffer to give that sporty feel IMO.
Old 21st August 2023, 09:37   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnus8n View Post
Kia VST Central, Anna Salai has a GTX+ Turbo Petrol DCT for TD.
venus1975 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 11:01   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Kia VST Central, Anna Salai has a GTX+ Turbo Petrol DCT for TD.
That's where I went first, but wasn't impressed with how the SA explained things (didn't explain anything). He wasn't even interested to show anything in the car.

Looks like I just have to do a TD in VST and go ahead with my booking in Capital.
cnus8n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:28   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Yes. Both cars showed 36psi on TPMS.
The test drive vehicle that came home had 48psi, the other test drive vehicle at the dealership 45psi. In our pre facelift Seltos, I maintain 32psi, nothing beyond
Old 21st August 2023, 12:54   #356
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
New Kia seltos gtline/xline is the prefect answer for some one like me who wants a decent highway average of atleast 20kmpl and also ADAS at the same time. Daily commute to and fro from work is close to 80-100 km mostly on the highway. Not necessarily looking for extra power but milage.

Currently use a Honda city idetc that gives awesome milage and I was considering strong hybrid versions Grand vitara and Toyota's hyryder 6 months ago untill I learned about ADAS.

Apart from seltos' higher trim diesel version, I don't think there is any other sub 25 lakh vehicle that gives you decent highway milage of 20 and has adas features.
I was exactly looking for same ADAS Level 2 and Diesel which can give good mileage compared to Turbo Petrol cars, which can give awful mileage during spirited drive. But your 20 kmpl expectation is bit higher i guess 17-18 kmpl is realistic for Diesel AT.

Even Turbo petrol we had option only for MG Astor and Hyundai Verna. Astor had driven and checked their ADAS, but does not inspire confidence, Verna i test drove with ADAS and works great, the same ADAS we are getting in Seltos.

Would have gone if VW Tiagun 1.5 GT had it, but they have disabled ADAS even though they have hardware for it, and enabling would void warranty. Had a great experience driving Tiagun(T-Cross) in Italy.

ADAS Level 2 + Diesel don't think we have anything in the range below 30 Lakh, XUV 700 top end is the next vehicle to have this. So have booked Seltos GTX+ Diesel since i dont like Mat finish , and getting car delivered once office lease process completes.

Feature wise only two complaints, apart from doubts from NCAP ratings
1. Giving only X-Line with mat finish with heads-up display, those who does want mat finish paint don't get heads-up display. what a joke ?
2. Top end GTX+ and X-Line don't get Wireless Android Auto/Carplay, but get wireless charger, What is the use of wireless charger if i cannot use Wireless Carplay ? Not sure what KIA/Hyundia engineers smoke these days to make sure juvenile mistakes. Sales person explanation was we are giving MapMyIndia maps built in, so you dont need Wireless CarPlay, What if i want to play Apple music, spotify and 100 other apps in CarPlay, he had no explanation. Need to connect wireless Carplay adapter to fix this Blooper by KIA, and same mistake Hyundai is also doing for top-end cars. Hope this message reaches them, while their competitors are advertising wireless Carplay as their top feature, KIA is advertising MapMyIndia and saying Wireless CarPlay or Andriod Auto is useless if you have MapMyIndia Maps on board. haha
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-seltos1.jpg  

Last edited by shamanth : 21st August 2023 at 13:15.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 15:00   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I was exactly looking for same ADAS Level 2 and Diesel which can give good mileage compared to Turbo Petrol cars, which can give awful mileage during spirited drive. But your 20 kmpl expectation is bit higher i guess 17-18 kmpl is realistic for Diesel AT.

Even Turbo petrol we had option only for MG Astor and Hyundai Verna. Astor had driven and checked their ADAS, but does not inspire confidence, Verna i test drove with ADAS and works great, the same ADAS we are getting in Seltos.

Would have gone if VW Tiagun 1.5 GT had it, but they have disabled ADAS even though they have hardware for it, and enabling would void warranty. Had a great experience driving Tiagun(T-Cross) in Italy.

ADAS Level 2 + Diesel don't think we have anything in the range below 30 Lakh, XUV 700 top end is the next vehicle to have this. So have booked Seltos GTX+ Diesel since i dont like Mat finish , and getting car delivered once office lease process completes.

Feature wise only two complaints, apart from doubts from NCAP ratings
1. Giving only X-Line with mat finish with heads-up display, those who does want mat finish paint don't get heads-up display. what a joke ?
2. Top end GTX+ and X-Line don't get Wireless Android Auto/Carplay, but get wireless charger, What is the use of wireless charger if i cannot use Wireless Carplay ? Not sure what KIA/Hyundia engineers smoke these days to make sure juvenile mistakes. Sales person explanation was we are giving MapMyIndia maps built in, so you dont need Wireless CarPlay, What if i want to play Apple music, spotify and 100 other apps in CarPlay, he had no explanation. Need to connect wireless Carplay adapter to fix this Blooper by KIA, and same mistake Hyundai is also doing for top-end cars. Hope this message reaches them, while their competitors are advertising wireless Carplay as their top feature, KIA is advertising MapMyIndia and saying Wireless CarPlay or Andriod Auto is useless if you have MapMyIndia Maps on board. haha

Well my friend owns older 2021 version of diesel automatic seltos , whose kcode i used to do a priority booking, told me he gets around 20kmpl milage on highway. Assuming we have the same diesel engine and he did not lie to me, I thought I'll get the same.

For me I just fell in love with the Matt graphite colour. It was love at first sight. Add to that the interiors look super premium in the xline compared to gtline. I booked it straightaway. And later found out the amount to care we have to put in to maintaining matte paint is too high. I am still dicey what to buy. Heart says xline mind says gtline.

I haven't cancelled my kcode booking and told the dealership to inform me if a gtline in black is available. Ill probably buy which ever car that I can get my hands on first.

Ill definitely be applying ppf on whichever car I purchase because I'll have to be drving everyday behind trucks and buses on highways which will surely result in rock chips on my car otherwise.

Also regarding apple carplay/Android auto i haven't used them at all. My current car doesn't have it. I have been using Bluetooth to stream music. Even a wired one will be new to me.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 21st August 2023 at 15:12.
Mr Anderson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 15:24   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Well my friend owns older 2021 version of diesel automatic seltos , whose kcode i used to do a priority booking, told me he gets around 20kmpl milage on highway. Assuming we have the same diesel engine and he did not lie to me, I thought I'll get the same.

I haven't cancelled my kcode booking and told the dealership to inform me if a gtline in black is available. Ill probably buy which ever car that I can get my hands on first.
On a related note, any idea how long will it take to get car allotment after getting a K code? My SA says she got a K code through her old customer and has updated against my booking. The Kia website dashboard doesn't show anything. Any inputs in this regard will be helpful.
Old 21st August 2023, 15:37   #359
BHPian

Completed my PDI for my Seltos today. All appears good. However, noticed that for one of the doors, the rubber that seals it at the edge was sticking at one of the places. It appeared as though someone had applied heat(or due to hot weather) and it melted and stuck to the metal. Not a lot, may be few mm. I flagged it and the SA told he'll get it checked. The car is supposed to go to registration next. Should I have made a bigger noise?

Last edited by kumarprabhatn : 21st August 2023 at 15:46.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 16:24   #360
BHPian

Quote:
20km/L on highway for Seltos diesel automatic is quite optimistic, however possible if you don't exceed 80kmph. Ex.. Based on multiple drives on BLR-MYS new highway, at 90-100kmph on cruise control you get 18-19kmph.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks