Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2023, 15:33   #331
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
I'm informed by the dealership that it is tied to the dealership from which you purchase this convenience package. Which means that if I shift cities or don't like a dealer service centre, I'll still have to use them. I would think that if this package sold by Kia, then all service centres of Kia should be covered by it?!
This clearly states:
Quote:
Pan India coverage and validity
No matter where you are, our coverage protects your car at
every step
So the dealer is lying to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Sit-rep: 3 days and only 30km of running later, the blind spot detection system has malfunctioned.
Dealership has said they'll have someone call me soon.
Another update, it has magically started working again. No cleaning of the car, etc. nothing.
Ad1tya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 16:23   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post

My comparison is with my first gen Creta which runs on 16 inch and 65 profile tyres and I certainly do not find any reason to complain. In fact I find the Seltos better in normal city traffic. I am yet to take it on the highways. Regarding rear passengers, I have a trip planned this weekend so I will let you know after that since I will be having rear passengers also.
Congratulations on an excellent looking car.
Hope you have a great time with the car.

One intriguing point that I read in the T.bhp review was that, the Top end doesn't have Wireless Android Auto, while the lower end models do.

Is this true ?
Old 18th August 2023, 17:22   #333
BHPian

Yes that's the case. So also it's for the Sonet.
Old 18th August 2023, 20:55   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post

One intriguing point that I read in the T.bhp review was that, the Top end doesn't have Wireless Android Auto, while the lower end models do.

Is this true ?
Yup. It has got something to do with the Bose developed infotainment system provided in higher end variants. Somehow, that system comes without wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay.
Old 18th August 2023, 23:56   #335
BHPian

I booked in July 2022, right after the facelift was launched in South Korea. I told the dealer that will take delivery when the facelift will be launched in India.
Finally took delivery of Kia Seltos HTX petrol manual on 18th Aug.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-kia-seltos-delivery.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-kia-seltos-interior.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 19th August 2023 at 06:34. Reason: Inserting pictures
skywalker18 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 09:09   #336
BHPian

I had booked the Seltos GTX +AT Diesel and heard from advisor that vehicle is in transit. We have a 2 year old, 15k run GTX +AT Diesel. Dealer sent the vehicle home for a test drive yesterday.

#Apart from the ADAS suite, and a faint improvement (if any, more likely a placebo) with the suspension and ride comfort there is nothing I could discern as better with the facelift.
#Felt that the quality of upper dashboard plastic was better in the pre facelift model.
#No improvement in NVH.
#Since we took delivery of a Verna last week, could see that the infotainment screens and UI are exactly similar right down to the theme and boring icons. Now I know the parentage here, but just that a little customization wouldn't hurt. Sound quality is acceptable, but Kia, please stop the overdose of Bose stickers inside the car. In fact I feel there are more Bose stickers than Kia in this vehicle.
#I have a XUV700 booked (Similar to the Bajaj Chetak waiting periods of 80's) and since it's about time for a facelift, would prefer to wait.
#As I was telling the sales advisor who came for the test drive, changing vehicles frequently is financial madness. But then what is life without some madness?

Last edited by xotiq : 19th August 2023 at 09:13.
xotiq is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 09:58   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
#Apart from the ADAS suite, and a faint improvement (if any, more likely a placebo) with the suspension and ride comfort there is nothing I could discern as better with the facelift.
what about dual-zone AC, panaromic sunroof and more power (in turbo petrol)? I believe, if you did't care about these in the first place, then yes, there isn't a powerful motivation to "upgrade". XUV 700 is a great car overall although bigger in size and misses out on ventilated seats, which for me, is a deal breaker.
jazzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 10:28   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post

Is this true ?
Yes it is. In fact I found that's the case with almost all Hyundai & Kia cars and also a few Maruti cars, the top model only have wired Andriod auto and Apple carplay where as mid variants have the wireless ones.

Finally some good news!
Got a call and email from the dealer the car has been allocated and is in transit, should be in their stock by 21st Monday. Hopefully a couple of days later the PDI and if all is ok then registration and a few more days later should be able to finally take it home.
Negotiated to doing the PDI after part payment and then balance payment (loan disbursement) and registration only after the PDI.
Mr.V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 10:38   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
what about dual-zone AC, panaromic sunroof and more power (in turbo petrol)? I believe, if you did't care about these in the first place, then yes, there isn't a powerful motivation to "upgrade". XUV 700 is a great car overall although bigger in size and misses out on ventilated seats, which for me, is a deal breaker.
In such a small cabin, honestly the dual zone AC is more a marketing moniker, but yes good to have given our craze for features that we rarely use. Since we already have the sweet 160hp Turbo Petrol, I am not looking for the same again in Kia guise.

I would go with better ride comfort, better NVH, refinement and plastic quality etc over panoramic sunroof and other bling features as the former is something fundamental, rest are optional. One aspect I missed to mention is the inclusion of paddle shifters in the Diesel automatic facelift, this is helpful and moving the air purifier controls to the actual unit at the rear.

Last edited by xotiq : 19th August 2023 at 10:55.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 10:56   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
I would go with better ride comfort, better NVH, refinement and plastic quality etc over panoramic sunroof and other bling features as the former are something fundamental, rest are optional.
True. Panaromic sunroof was that wife requested for, which means if not provided, I-will-remind-you-every-time-we-get-in-the-car. But I think it makes the cabin less claustrophobic in an otherwise dark themed interiors which I anyway don't like. Some features are optional for most people but I believe things like autodimming IRVM should be considered a safety feature, something that is not available in any Mahindra vehicle.
Old 19th August 2023, 11:52   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Also I have heard that BH series numbers are being predominantly allotted to central government employs only. Plus, while selling the car, the car will get transferred to another person who meets the BH number criteria (i.e., is a employee of a company which has offices in 4 cities, etc.). Otherwise, the buyer will need to get the re-registered and the ex-showroom price is used for all calculations in this regard - which is incorrect as the car would have depreciated. Overall, BH number series seems good on paper and impractical in reality.
Well I had a little special situation as the city where I live in don't have KIA showroom and don't have address proof of a nearby city which does. Upon consulting one of the two dealers they presented me an unrealistic demand that in addition to have offices in 4 different states, one has to be in the state where the registration is being done which is not a requirement as per the rules.

The other dealer didn't have this but he insisted on having the local city address proof. I had to finally make some calls to my local RTO to make sure I can get the BH registration done after purchasing the car from other city. After calling in some favours from friends I got the confirmation that it can be done.

Then I reached out to the dealer explained the whole situation that I just need the car from you with all the necessary paperwork and I will take care of registration myself. They were hesitant and asked me that in case of any penalties (1% of the ex showroom if registration is not done within a week) they won't be responsible. I agreed and they finally took the booking.

Now the car is due for delivery sometime next month hopefully. Fingers crossed and hope everything will go smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
If budget is not an issue I highly recommend you to get the PPF done at Ceramic Pro. I guess they give you a 10 year warranty and they are really professional and brilliant with their job. I am attaching you a link from Motoroctane who got their PPF done at Ceramic Pro and a couple of my friends too have got it done from there. Agreed it is a bit pricey, but the quality and services they offer are really brilliant.

Link:
https://Youtu.be/Ua3F1x9yO9o
Thank you. I will consider them. They were in my list already in addition to Detailing bull and few others. My car is due for delivery sometime next month hopefully.

Last edited by graaja : 22nd August 2023 at 19:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts
nkvyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 14:05   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post

First impressions - Awesome

Pleased with my decision - A big yes
Hearty congratulations! A Seltos is a no fuss, no mess, no stress kind of ownership.

I think I saw your car when you were taking the pics, this is the Sai Baba temple in Nolambur right?
Old 19th August 2023, 14:51   #343
Senior - BHPian

As a Creta SXO diesel AT owner, I must say that the 160 bhp turbo petrol engine and to some extent ADAS would be my only main reasons to make a lateral upgrade. I wish though that Kia could have used the extra mm of length to carve out some additional "legit" boot space aka the Kushaq. I get embarrassed watching some of the Kushaq vs Creta videos where they manage to fit in more luggage in the Kushaq in spite of the supposed 48 litre boot space deficit vis a vis the Creta. Otherwise, panoramic sunroof is just a "meh" thing frankly, and the 1.5 diesel doesn't lend itself to any significantly better response via paddle shifters. The torque range is so linear that from 1800 rpm onwards it is one continuous wave, and the 6 speed AT is good enough in probably 95% of the circumstances. The Bose system is good, but yeah, Hyundai/Kia need to up the quotient now.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 19th August 2023 at 14:53.
Old 19th August 2023, 15:23   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker18 View Post
I booked in July 2022, right after the facelift was launched in South Korea. I told the dealer that will take delivery when the facelift will be launched in India.
Finally took delivery of Kia Seltos HTX petrol manual on 18th Aug.

Attachment 2492602

Attachment 2492603
Congratulations skywalker18!!! Can't wait to hear your ownership experience. Hope you have a fuss free ownership and memorable experience.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:04   #345
BHPian

New Kia seltos gtline/xline is the prefect answer for some one like me who wants a decent highway average of atleast 20kmpl and also ADAS at the same time. Daily commute to and fro from work is close to 80-100 km mostly on the highway. Not necessarily looking for extra power but milage.

Currently use a Honda city idetc that gives awesome milage and I was considering strong hybrid versions Grand vitara and Toyota's hyryder 6 months ago untill I learned about ADAS.

Apart from seltos' higher trim diesel version, I don't think there is any other sub 25 lakh vehicle that gives you decent highway milage of 20 and has adas features.
Mr Anderson is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks