Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2023, 09:37   #316
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Picked up my Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT today.
Many congratulations Aditya ! Your Seltos looks absolutely beautiful!

Do post your initial impressions, especially on the engine and drivability front & if at all there’s any difference in the new RDE engines against the earlier ones. Will surely help the perspective buyers.
Old 17th August 2023, 10:14   #317

Quote:

Been quite the wait, after booking on June 1st, but well worth it. The dealership (Kia Autobahn, South Bombay) did mention that this is the first GTX+ Diesel that they've delivered. They have although delivered quite a few petrols including an X-Line DCT since Monday.

Absolutely love the car. But yes, the first thing I did was go ahead and replace the JK Tyres with Continentals. I won't ever drive a car with JK Tyres on it, but that's just me.
Congratulations on your new ride, Ad1tya Wishing you lots of happy miles on it.

Do keep us all updated about your experience with the car.

I have 2 questions for now:
1. How do the UC6s feel? Does it make any difference in the ride quality?
2. The pre-facelift model had absolutely poor headlights in terms of intensity and throw. How are the headlights on the facelift model?

TIA.
Old 17th August 2023, 11:40   #318
BHPian

Quote:

Been quite the wait, after booking on June 1st, but well worth it. The dealership (Kia Autobahn, South Bombay) did mention that this is the first GTX+ Diesel that they've delivered. They have although delivered quite a few petrols including an X-Line DCT since Monday.

Absolutely love the car. But yes, the first thing I did was go ahead and replace the JK Tyres with Continentals. I won't ever drive a car with JK Tyres on it, but that's just me.
Many many congratulations on your new ride. Mine is a petrol DCT and regarding the tyres, I am continuing with the JKs and will change to Continentals at the time of replacement unless the JKs really warrant a change. As of now, I do not find any problem but I am still in my honeymoon period and let us see after I cover many more miles.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 11:54   #319
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
The ADAS functions have to be turned off or put on alert individually. It was done by my service advisor at the time of delivery. He had left on the rear cross traffic alert but I got a shock while reversing as the car suddenly stopped sensing traffic at the rear though the bikes were at quite a distance. It is too disconcerting and I will turn it to alert only.

I haven't used the cruise control yet. I am planning on a trip to Pondy this weekend so at the end of the trip I should be able to have a lot more answers.
Sure, would be awaiting your response. Have a safe and happy trip.
Old 17th August 2023, 12:03   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Do post your initial impressions, especially on the engine and drivability front & if at all there’s any difference in the new RDE engines against the earlier ones.
Thanks!

Honestly, I haven't driven the old Seltos, but we did replace a 2015 Diesel AT Creta with this one and the engine feels refined. I also believe that the new sound padding in the bonnet helps, because you can barely hear the engine until 3000 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik R View Post

I have 2 questions for now:
1. How do the UC6s feel? Does it make any difference in the ride quality?
2. The pre-facelift model had absolutely poor headlights in terms of intensity and throw. How are the headlights on the facelift model?
1. Way, way, way better. It's not even a comparison. The JK's are just shocking. The Conti's are definitely softer and will last lesser, but that's fine. Safety comes first.
2. The headlights are great and bright, definitely a step up from what I've read of the old one.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th August 2023 at 09:29. Reason: No profanity please. Thanks.
Ad1tya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 12:54   #321
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations! Hopefully, I will also get my hands on my car soon!
Quote:

In Noida, I have been quoted a difference of Rs. 8000/- per tyre for the UC6 in lieu of the OEMs. Hopefully, they'll honor the quote when I actually land up at the dealer to get these replaced.
Quote:
the first thing I did was go ahead and replace the JK Tyres with Continentals. I won't ever drive a car with JK Tyres on it, but that's just me.
Edit - Just got in touch with my SA. Still no news of the dispatch/allotment! Claims that Kia is not able to assign GT Line cars (especially in Black) to this dealer! The wait continues. :(

Last edited by SumitB : 17th August 2023 at 13:17.
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 12:55   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
In Noida, I have been quoted a difference of Rs. 8000/- per tyre for the UC6 in lieu of the OEMs. Hopefully, they'll honor the quote when I actually land up at the dealer to get these replaced.
Good luck. Yeah, I basically paid a little shy of 8k per tyre.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 19:53   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Next Action:
I will also test drive Seltos HTX IVT. Let's see where I land. I am unable to push myself for even seeing Elevate. If Seltos IVT ends up being a mixed bag overall, that may just push me to bring Elevate in picture. But at the moment, its Seltos IVT HTX versus Seltos GTX+ DCT.
Finally, I managed to get test drive of Seltos IVT and GTX+ DCT back to back today.
  • The first prominent difference is ride quality. Seltos IVT rides plusher as compared to stiffer GTX+ DCT. This point alone is a blocker for GTX+ DCT in my use case. I don't know if this is due to different tunes of suspension in these two variants or may be due to different tire sizes, the ride quality in GTX+ suffers. Every undulation, expansion joints were felt in the cabin in GTX+.
  • The second difference is the interior ambience. While Seltos IVT felt livelier, GTX+ DCT felt dark and claustrophobic. I still feel this black combo theme should have been kept for a special edition rather than GTX+ model.
  • The difference between the engine and transmission combo is chalk and cheese for these two models. Seltos IVT is super silent, extremely refined but isn't one which can be used for aggressive drives. Use CVT in a non aggressive manner and that's where this variant shines. 0-120kmph is doable on this variant albeit with patience. It's reasonably quick but is not fast by any standards.

GTX+ DCT is a very different combo. It can gun to 120kmph in no time and can run at higher throttle all day long. You can run this combo in conservative or aggressive manner and the car responds. The downside is mileage though if you want to have fun.

Personally, for my use case, IVT won over DCT variant primarily because of ride quality and to some extent, interior ambience. While I would have loved to have the reserve power and all those features in GTX+, the ride quality with those 18 inchers just killed my interest.
headbanger is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 21:55   #324
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to analyse various trims and I am sure most of you agree the best interior happens to be the camel tan leather used in HTX+ but for some reason, they haven't made it easy for us. I wish kia had offered the interior upholstery as a customisation package.

They only have Diesel iMT and no NA+IVT combo. Even for Turbo+DCT, GTX+ is hardly few extra grands and comes with Level 2 ADAS but bit claustrophobic looking interiors.

Hyundai does offer SX(0) in NA, Turbo and Diesel so why cant Kia do the same ?
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 00:38   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.V View Post
How much did they charge for the sunflim?
Plan on changing the tyres too, with the HTX they give Goodyear or MRF, which exact one can only be checked on allocation.
I think Goodyear is available on HTE, HTK, and HTK+. From HTX onwards, Kia gives JK tyre. I think Goodyear is much better than J K Tyre.
Old 18th August 2023, 10:18   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Happy to inform all of you that I have taken delivery of the GTX+ DCT turbo petrol Aurora Black Pearl on Friday.
Aah man - Heartly congratulations - I really wanted to go for this - however was in urgent need of an petrol turbo auto - settled with Venue N Line
Ashdel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 11:51   #327
BHPian

So, I heard some very interesting (disappointing and frustrating, maybe concerning, especially for potential Seltos facelift owners) news.

Apparently, about 2-3 weeks ago, a dealer discovered that the sunroof blind was sagging in their GTX+ petrol DCT test drive and display vehicles. After reporting this to KIA, the company has decided to stop production of the variant, after discovering that it was a production issue. As a result, KIA has not allotted any vehicles to them, and will only do so when the problem is rectified.

However, another dealer I spoke to said that there is nothing of the sort, especially given that he's already delivered about 4 of the same variant and has an additional 3 as test drive vehicles. He also mentioned that most of his deliveries have been lower variants and some X line ones too.

Has anyone else heard this or would they be willing to check with their contacts?
Old 18th August 2023, 14:13   #328
BHPian

Quote:

I’ve taken the convenience package. 20k extra (over the extended warranty cost) for 5 years of virtually no payments is a steal.
Does the My Convenience package (i.e., prepaying for the future services of the car) tied to a specific dealer? Or is that you buy this package from Kia and use it at any of the Kia service centres (and not at the same dealership service centre from where the car was purchased)?
Old 18th August 2023, 14:23   #329
BHPian

Sit-rep: 3 days and only 30km of running later, the blind spot detection system has malfunctioned.
Dealership has said they'll have someone call me soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Does the My Convenience package (i.e., prepaying for the future services of the car) tied to a specific dealer? Or is that you buy this package from Kia and use it at any of the Kia service centres (and not at the same dealership service centre from where the car was purchased)?
Any Kia Authorised service center AFAIK.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_3493.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_3494.jpg  

Last edited by Ad1tya : 18th August 2023 at 14:25. Reason: typo
Ad1tya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 15:15   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Any Kia Authorised service center AFAIK.
I'm informed by the dealership that it is tied to the dealership from which you purchase this convenience package. Which means that if I shift cities or don't like a dealer service centre, I'll still have to use them. I would think that if this package sold by Kia, then all service centres of Kia should be covered by it?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks