Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2023, 22:24   #286
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Detailing Bull has a base price of TPU matte PPF for Rs. 85,000. Add to that the taxes. Add to that ceramic coating for glass, mirrors and wheels. All adds up to Rs 1.25 lakhs. Adding panoramic sunroof, it might get slightly more.

Cost also depends on the micron thickness of the film and the quality.
I'll enquire with them about prices in detail once I get my car. As fas as I know, most chain detailers like detailing bull, carzspa, detailing mafia, etc. don't use well known brands like lumar, xpel, stek, etc but sell their own brand of ppf most probably imported from china or South Korea and then white labeling them.They would have much higher margins and we might be able to bargain with them to bring the prices down.

No way I am paying 1.25 lakh for a Chinese/Korean ppf even if it has a 5 year warranty. I'll instead get a branded one for that same price albeit with the same warranty.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 11th August 2023 at 22:53.
Old 11th August 2023, 23:06   #287
BHPian

Is the AWD variant coming to India ever?

Side note on PPF Warranty: they also come with mandatory wash every x months at the installer. Right? A great recurring revenue.
Old 12th August 2023, 14:23   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Is the AWD variant coming to India ever?
Unlikely. The segment the Seltos is sold in and the utility of the vehicle (buyers utility, ie.) doesn't lend towards a more expensive 4x4 option in India.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:59   #289
BHPian

1. Which variant is more value for money? HTK plus petrol MT or HTX petrol MT?
This car will be sparingly used(primarily by my father).

HTX pros-
-LED headlamps and sequential turn indicators look classy
-The interiors and infotainment system look premium
-The alloys look way better

2. I contemplate that the panoramic sunroof will make the car hotter in Indian summers and might cause leakage issues down the line. Also, my current residence has open surface parking.
Also, how much will a panoramic sunroof affect driving because of a higher center of gravity of the car?
We have had two cars(Chevrolet Optra and Honda City) with normal sunroofs, which were rarely used.

3. How do beige color interiors(HTX has) age? Do they require more maintenance?
skywalker18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 15:26   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker18 View Post
1. Which variant is more value for money? HTK plus petrol MT or HTX petrol MT?
This car will be sparingly used(primarily by my father)
HTK+ has all the essential features including rear wiper washer. So this should work.

However, if your father is comfortable to drive an IVT automatic (really convenient in city drive) then go in for HTX. My preferred suggestion.

Last edited by SeniorC : 13th August 2023 at 15:29.
Old 13th August 2023, 15:53   #291
BHPian

Quote:
2. I contemplate that the panoramic sunroof will make the car hotter in Indian summers and might cause leakage issues down the line. Also, my current residence has open surface parking.
Also, how much will a panoramic sunroof affect driving because of a higher center of gravity of the car?
We have had two cars(Chevrolet Optra and Honda City) with normal sunroofs, which were rarely used.
Panoramic sunroof is a feel good feature. You will love it when you start using it. In afternoon and in summers you can always have the blind closed.
In mornings and late evenings, you'll love the feature
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 16:31   #292

Now I am really confused! Seltos HTX+ or Astor Savvy CVT.
Old 14th August 2023, 10:46   #293
BHPian

Happy to inform all of you that I have taken delivery of the GTX+ DCT turbo petrol Aurora Black Pearl on Friday. I won’t be able to do justice to an ownership review, so I will post a short review after I have driven for a few days and after getting the hang of things since there are so many features that are new to me and I need to get used to them.

My Creta diesel automatic had crossed one lakh kilometres and was looking for a change to a petrol vehicle for slightly better ease of driving. I had test driven and booked the earlier Seltos GTX+ DCT model in January and had informed the showroom that I will take delivery only after April when the new CAFÉ norms kick in. I expected the new Seltos to be launched in April to coincide with the new norms. However, come April, the new Seltos was nowhere in sight and finally was launched in July. My booking was converted to the new model and I received the booking docket mentioning the tentative delivery date as 22nd September. However, about 15 days back I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from my service advisor that my car was allotted.

I was still in two minds whether to go ahead with the purchase since I was not very happy with the ride quality when travelling in a friend’s Seltos and also the fact that the car now came with 18 inch wheels which I assumed will further affect the ride quality. Before the price announcement, I even considered changing the booking to HTX+ mainly due to the 17 inch wheels and better interior colour scheme since I was not interested in the ADAS suite. However, I would certainly miss the 360 degree camera but made peace with it. I did not like the alloy wheel design in the HTX+ and I thought I can change the alloy wheels to the earlier GTX+ 17 inch alloy wheels. I was in for a rude shock after the price announcement. I was expecting the price difference between the GTX+ and HTX + to be at least Rs.1,25,000/- to Rs.1,50,000/- considering the feature difference, but the on road difference in price was just Rs.72,000/- and if I was to change the alloys, it would practically end up with almost the same pricing of the GTX+ without having the features of the GTX+. It did not make sense and hence I retained the booking as it is.

Though I am a normally sedate driver, there are instances where I enjoy short bursts of speed and hence I wanted a car which was more powerful than my Creta diesel. The only options in my price range were the Volkswagen twins and the Seltos. I really love the design of the Kushaq but each time I plan to take a test drive, reports of the ac kept holding me back. Ac is a non negotiable for the hot weather in Chennai and so I ended up with the Seltos.

The RTO approval for the GTX+ came only on 5th August and after the normal formalities, took delivery. I couldn’t do the PDI since I was continuously travelling and could not spare the time. Hope everything is fine and everything works as intended.

First impressions - Awesome

Pleased with my decision - A big yes
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img0302.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img0304.jpg  

thesilentone is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 13:20   #294
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I was still in two minds whether to go ahead with the purchase since I was not very happy with the ride quality when travelling in a friend’s Seltos and also the fact that the car now came with 18 inch wheels which I assumed will further affect the ride quality.
Firstly, many congratulations on ya new ride!

With regards to the 18" wheels, be rest assured that Kia has worked on the suspension for the facelift model and I found the ride to be way better than the earlier Seltos riding on the 17 inchers. Moreover, my TD car i.e. the GTX+ was having tires pressures set above 40 psi!!

I would suggest you to play around the pressures in the range of 32 - 34 psi and see what suits best for your requirements. Majority of the time if there will be only 3-4 passengers max, than I think you can comfortably set the tire pressure at 32 psi. You'll probably experience a comfortable ride quality.
ashvek3141 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 14:25   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Firstly, many congratulations on ya new ride!

With regards to the 18" wheels, be rest assured that Kia has worked on the suspension for the facelift model and I found the ride to be way better than the earlier Seltos riding on the 17 inchers. Moreover, my TD car i.e. the GTX+ was having tires pressures set above 40 psi!!

I would suggest you to play around the pressures in the range of 32 - 34 psi and see what suits best for your requirements. Majority of the time if there will be only 3-4 passengers max, than I think you can comfortably set the tire pressure at 32 psi. You'll probably experience a comfortable ride quality.
What you say is true. I don't know what Kia has done with the suspension but even while driving out from the showroom when the TPMS showed 47 in all wheels, the ride was pretty supple and when the air was reduced to 35, I find the ride quite comfortable. It is certainly not a deal breaker anymore
thesilentone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 14:29   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to inform all of you that I have taken delivery of the GTX+ DCT turbo petrol Aurora Black Pearl on Friday.
Congratulations on the purchase. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear your ownership experience. The black surely looks amazing. The picture has made me more impatient about my Black Seltos delivery. Hope you have a hassle free ownership ahead!
ssoni.1411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 15:13   #297
BHPian

Quote:
2. I contemplate that the panoramic sunroof will make the car hotter in Indian summers and might cause leakage issues down the line.
I've used the panoramic sunroof on my safari 2021 till date. It's seen 2 summers in Mumbai and is always parked in the open. There are 0 heat issues and if any are resolved in but a moment. NOTE: This is when we don't even have venti-seats ours was the launch model. I can't vouch for issues as it's not been too long but so far it's been a smooth hassle free experience. Simply go for it! I didn't upgrade my 12year old Polo with the old Seltos simply because of the sunroof ... and now it's time!
Old 14th August 2023, 19:29   #298
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
What you say is true. I don't know what Kia has done with the suspension but even while driving out from the showroom when the TPMS showed 47 in all wheels, the ride was pretty supple and when the air was reduced to 35, I find the ride quite comfortable. It is certainly not a deal breaker anymore
Congratulations for what seems like the first Seltos FL on team bhp!

One question- I heard there is an option to turn off ADAS functions.

Is it like all of them get turned off at once, or we can selectively turn off the one's we don't want? Secondly if we turn off the adaptive cruise, does it work like normal cruise control?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 20:22   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to inform all of you that I have taken delivery of the GTX+ DCT turbo petrol Aurora Black Pearl on Friday.
Congratulations on your black beauty. Looks awesome. Do keep posting short updates every few days as you experience the vehicle. Would help many of us here even as I eagerly await laying hands on my Seltos shortly.
Old 14th August 2023, 23:16   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on getting the black beauty. Wishing you many miles of safe and happy driving

On suspension, it is good to see this feedback. All the reviews have consistently pointed out the improvements getting more or less negated with 18inch wheels.

I personally did not find the ride that great but I missed checking the tyre pressure on TD vehicle (Petrol 1.5 turbo). My wife kept on complaining about comfort when seated in rear. Do let us know feedback from passengers seated on rear seats.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks