Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2024, 13:41   #2821
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Existing owners:

How do you deal with the speaker reflection on the windshield? Drove a friend's Seltos today and noticed it as a serious flaw. Interestingly, it never bothered in any previous TDs, and now suddenly I can't unsee it.

Coz this usually happens when the sun is right up. And more so on the application of dashboard polish and shiners. Been facing reflection issues on all the cars i owned so far. Polarized sunglasses or placing dark cloth on the dash are the solutions that worked for me so far.
santhosh_lv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 18:09   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach_511 View Post

3. Headlight feedback is quite bad on this forum, but I found them quite alright on the highway as well as within city limits.

6. I can’t manage to find the perfect seating position, and at the end of a 3-hour drive, my back is hurting like hell. The absence of lumbar support is the culprit here (any suggestion on this would be appreciated!!)

9. One stupid driver banged the car from behind on its second-week anniversary (I haven’t even paid the first EMI yet), and now there’s a major dent on the trunk. :-(
First of all, Sorry to hear about your car getting hit. Hope this gets fixed flawlessly!

Couple of thoughts - In my experience, Headlamps are adequate in most of the times, unless on highways with freshly laid roads (dark enough without reflection) or during rains. If my evening driving needs are gonna increase, i might get a pair of projector fog lamps installed to solve this problem once for all.

About the back pain you mentioned, try adjusting the seating position so that you don't have to lean forward much. Internet should guide you there. Be mindful of adding an external lumbar support coz it'll eat into the under thigh support. I am saying this as someone who has lower backpain issues, but definitely not while driving this car. I've had the problem of finding a perfect driving position for about a month after purchase, but not anymore!
santhosh_lv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 20:26   #2823
BHPian

I am facing a strange issue in my Seltos which I haven’t faced in any of my cars in rain and mists condition all windows and rear windshields get fogged up heavily except the front windshield even with full AC on and internal circulation on, I have tried everything but nothing works, fog is forming from the outside what might be causing it?
Old 8th September 2024, 21:43   #2824
BHPian

Quote:

1. The auto wiper functionality is useless. They are not up to the mark, and I kept switching between off and on instead of Auto, since they barely wipe the windshield when it’s full of water droplets.

2. The infamous left pull: While coming back from Meerut, I encountered this issue. The car pulls tremendously toward the left and has to be kept on a tight leash by LKA.
The auto wiper works fabulously. However, if there are existing water droplets and it not drizzling anymore, the sensor does not get new input and does not activate the wipers. You have to wipe it manually (just pull the lever, do not switch off or on). Last rainy season I was struggling too a bit but this monsoon I have left it on auto and it works like a charm.

The left pull is there and you have to push the service people to redo the alignment again.
SeniorC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 15:43   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
6. I can’t manage to find the perfect seating position, and at the end of a 3-hour drive, my back is hurting like hell. The absence of lumbar support is the culprit here (any suggestion on this would be appreciated!!)
I had the same issue, driving around 1,500km a month on the highways. I bought Frido Ultimate Car Neck Rest Pillow a few months ago to see if they worked. I must say, they worked like a charm for me.

Just so you know, I'm not associated with Frido by any means. I'm only sharing my feedback.

https://myfrido.com/pages/frido-ulti...-pillow-v134-b
bharathdonti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 10:49   #2826
BHPian

Quote:

8. The car pulls way too strongly to achieve the set cruise control speed. It was very frightening at first, but I gradually learned the art of reducing the set speed every time some stupid driver crosses the lane.
(
On the contrary I love this part! Have noticed the same behavior on my 2023 Verna and 2024 Seltos. However this is best reserved for highways and expressways..
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 11:56   #2827
BHPian

I recently picked up a sweet deal on a Seltos HTX, just before the price hike. Had checked out the new Creta as well, but the Seltos seemed to offer more bang for the buck.

Key callouts:

1. Leatherette seats (only available on top model Creta SX(O))
2. Leatherette door Armrests (only available on top model Creta SX(O))
3. Air purifier (Not available in Creta)
4. All doors power Auto up-down (Not available in Creta)
5. Better audio quality (I'm not an audiophile, but felt the difference)
6. Goodyear Tyres (Creta SX Tech had JK tyres in the showroom!)
7. Two Reversing lamps, unlike Creta's single lamp in the middle
8. Smarter looking center console
9. Smarter keyfob
10. Fog lamps (Not available in Creta)
11. NO Discounts on Creta

Current on-road pricing in Delhi:
Creta SX Tech - Rs. 18.49 Lakh
Seltos HTX - Rs. 18.06 Lakh

In August, Kia was offering free insurance and extended warranty, which was close to ~90K discount!
That's a huge gap from Creta SX(Tech), even if I ignore everything else other than the leatherette seats.
DuHasstMich is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 14:18   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
I recently picked up a sweet deal on a Seltos HTX, just before the price hike. Had checked out the new Creta as well, but the Seltos seemed to offer more bang for the buck.

Key callouts:
3. Air purifier (Not available in Creta)
Congratulations on your new car!

Air purifier is indeed present in the FL Creta - it's integrated within the infotainment system.
Old 10th September 2024, 15:37   #2829
BHPian

First glimpse of the Black X-line variant. And it looks absolutely stunning with its all black treatment.

The car doesn't seem to have any orange accents as reported earlier in the forum. The monochromatic design does make it stand out!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240910_152319_whatsapp.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240910_152409_whatsapp.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240910_153405_whatsapp.jpg  

Col Mehta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 16:17   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
First glimpse of the Black X-line variant. And it looks absolutely stunning with its all black treatment.

The car doesn't seem to have any orange accents as reported earlier in the forum. The monochromatic design does make it stand out!
Thank you so much for these pictures!! My day is made!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th September 2024 at 17:20. Reason: Typos
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 16:53   #2831
BHPian

Just picked up my GTX this Ganesh Chathurthi and still exploring the car - will do a detailed review later.

Quick question on the keyfob and boot opening -- long pressing the boot release butoon (third button) in the keyfob doesn't unlock the boot door -- one has to go press the button in the boot and then push it upwards - then what's the purpose of the button in the keyfob? Also, the boot has to be pushed hard to close it -- else the warning light comes saying boot is not closed.
Old 10th September 2024, 17:21   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Just picked up my GTX this Ganesh Chathurthi and still exploring the car - will do a detailed review later.

Quick question on the keyfob and boot opening -- long pressing the boot release butoon (third button) in the keyfob doesn't unlock the boot door -- one has to go press the button in the boot and then push it upwards - then what's the purpose of the button in the keyfob? Also, the boot has to be pushed hard to close it -- else the warning light comes saying boot is not closed.
Congratulations on your car!

The boot release button does "unlock" the boot while other doors remain locked. Then to open the boot, one will have to manually press the boot button. (Think about a situation when you don't want to unlock the entire car, but only want to access the boot).

I've also heard that the boot is a little wonky and needs to be shut with some force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
I was drunk with with excitement. Many typos. Thank you for the pictures :-D
I think I understand that excitement . Felt it too when these pictures were shared by the SA. We are expecting ours to be delivered next month.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 08:34   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post

Boot release button is not for you, you can open the boot anyways with key fob in pocket. It is for you to unlock the boot (not the whole car) so someone else can open it.
Please wait for sometime else check with SC, boot closing is very soft, at least in my car.
BhayanaV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 10:08   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
As far as looks are concerned, now there is no diff between GTX+ and X-line. Earlier when X-line was available only in matt finish, it clearly stood out from the rest as it was its USP.
Old 11th September 2024, 10:53   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
As far as looks are concerned, now there is no diff between GTX+ and X-line. Earlier when X-line was available only in matt finish, it clearly stood out from the rest as it was its USP.
X-line in black looks far better than the black coloured GTX+ to be honest. No chrome gives it a very elegant look. Everything is blacked out. One can purchase a GTX+ and do the same aftermarket too though,but a factory finish will remain factory finish.

Now, that's a different thing if some one who purchases X-line gave it look like GTX+ by applying chrome accesories.

Also a black coloured X-LINE offers the best of both worlds. More premium looking sage green interiors and no hassel of maintaining a matte paint.
Mr Anderson is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks