Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2024, 18:46   #2656
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

How critical is the ECM update? The dealership support team has been pinging me incessantly on Whatsapp to schedule an appointment and get the ECM updated. Given that 90% of my travel is intra-city and I'm not terribly fussed about the car's performance even in Eco mode, would it be a problem if I simply wait till the next annual service in a few months' time? In fact, going by the reports of the FE getting impacted, I'm even more reticent to go for this update.
The number of times I've got calls and texts from the dealership makes me wonder if there's some potential issues that could crop up if this is left as-is.
Old 5th August 2024, 21:09   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
How critical is the ECM update? The dealership support team has been pinging me incessantly on Whatsapp to schedule an appointment and get the ECM updated. Given that 90% of my travel is intra-city and I'm not terribly fussed about the car's performance even in Eco mode, would it be a problem if I simply wait till the next annual service in a few months' time? In fact, going by the reports of the FE getting impacted, I'm even more reticent to go for this update.
The number of times I've got calls and texts from the dealership makes me wonder if there's some potential issues that could crop up if this is left as-is.
I am not sure how imp is the ECM update, but after getting it done, there is 100% improvement in the engine performance. Eco mode is something else now.

I have driven around 200 KM (all in NCR traffic) post the update, and at least in my case, there is no impact to the FE whatsoever.

The update itself takes about 20-25 mins, something that you can get over with on a weekend morning.
GTX+ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 04:46   #2658
BHPian

Apologies, if this has been discussed already - Which custom car cover brand can one consider ? Any recent purchase experience would be helpful.
Old 6th August 2024, 08:19   #2659
BHPian

Looks like Kia is gearing up to introduce special editions of the Seltos, Sonet and Carens towards the end of the year.

These editions are expected to feature minor cosmetic changes to both the interiors and exteriors.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...f19c1a42&ei=15
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 09:03   #2660
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Looks like Kia is gearing up to introduce special editions of the Seltos, Sonet and Carens towards the end of the year.

These editions are expected to feature minor cosmetic changes to both the interiors and exteriors.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...f19c1a42&ei=15
I hope Kia provides slight cosmetic update. Since Seltos was recently facelifted, there is a very high possibility that Kia could launch anniversary edition with some sticker jobs like they did for first year anniversary Seltos below
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-oip.jpeg
kgt.v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 09:23   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
You replace wipers twice a year? Don't think there is usually a need to change the wipers twice a year. Or did you mean once in 2 years?
Twice a year, before rains start (June/Dec). With the intense heat in North India, the rubber goes hard quicker than you can thought. Wipers are pretty cheap anyways.
BhayanaV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 10:47   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post

I believe this was intimated by a fellow BHPian that Kia has such plans of 'refreshes' for this year to boost sales. I presume these will come in sooner than later given the dropping sales, especially of their flagships.

They should also prepone the launch of their upcoming SUV Clavis which should help to bring in some sales. Moreover, the positioning of this SUV is still unclear as some reports suggest that this will compete in the Punch's segment, while some suggest it's positioning between the Sonet & Seltos.

Aside, Kia India has started to offer cash discounts albeit a trivial sum of ~ 10k INR across the Sonet variants. But beware! Some crook dealers will try to fool you into showing that this is their 'dealer' discount that is being offered and trick you into offering you 'free' accessories without any cash benefit.

So basically, the dealer tries to portray that their offering you free accessories worth 10k INR from their pocket / margin, whereas this was indeed a cash discount allotted directly to the customer by Kia India. Please check your invoice, sales certificate, etc. thoroughly. It's a small amount and hence unsuspecting customers wouldn't even catch this.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 6th August 2024 at 11:00. Reason: Added content
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 11:43   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
I have also recently changed wipers for my Seltos to Bosch Clear Advantage. Original ones that came from factory were sized 24" and 18". Bosch wipers are superior in performance and look far more sleek. Though, one thing to note is irrespective of whichever wiper you take, you will end up replacing it on almost annual basis as they don't function as good as when new.
Did you do this on your own? Or is a FNG/ Service centre intervention required?
Old 7th August 2024, 11:46   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob.thomas View Post
Did you do this on your own? Or is a FNG/ Service centre intervention required?
Hi Jacob
It's hardly a 5 min job that you can do yourself. I saw a couple of videos from Youtube and was able to figure out how to go about it. Hope this helps.

Regards
Eragon
eragon92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 22:57   #2665
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded Seltos HTK+ with Auto Folding Mirror?

I have seen videos of people doing with outside shops but does KIA help in this case to upgrade.

My family is almost set on HTK+ but they are looking for Auto Folding Mirror as well and HTX does include this but then a hefty 1.8 L increase for features which we are not that interested.

Also HTK+ comes with a Wireless Apple Car Play compared to the wired of HTX.
Old 8th August 2024, 16:02   #2666
BHPian

Has anyone used XtraGreen diesel in the Seltos? I've used it in my previous car, the S-Cross, and noticed the following improvements:

1. Significantly reduced engine clatter
2. Improved throttle response
3. Negligible increase in mileage, about 2 km/l improvements
bharathdonti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 17:24   #2667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Has anyone used XtraGreen diesel in the Seltos? I've used it in my previous car, the S-Cross, and noticed the following improvements:

1. Significantly reduced engine clatter
2. Improved throttle response
3. Negligible increase in mileage, about 2 km/l improvements
2km/l is not really negligible. Its atleast a 10% improvement. Interesting to note the difference in engine noise, response and FE.
jacob.thomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 12:57   #2668
BHPian

Hello everyone. I needed a bit of information.

As some one who has purchased the "My Convience Plus" plan, what all are the things and services that would be offered for free in the second servicing of Kia Seltos?

My second service is around the corner and I'd like to make sure I avail everything that's included in the "My Convience Plus'. Thank you in advance.
Old 10th August 2024, 22:39   #2669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
My second service is around the corner and I'd like to make sure I avail everything that's included in the "My Convience Plus'. Thank you in advance.
In second service (10000 kms) below are the things that are covered under my convenience plus:
1. Engine oil change
2. Oil filter
3. Wheel alignment
4. Wheel balancing
Though Wheel alignment and balancing are free you might have to pay for the balancing weights added.
Attaching the invoice of my recent 10k kms service.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240810_214921_onedrive.jpg  

Old 10th August 2024, 23:26   #2670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Hello everyone. I needed a bit of information.

As some one who has purchased the "My Convience Plus" plan, what all are the things and services that would be offered for free in the second servicing of Kia Seltos?

Attaching my service bill for the 2nd service
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240810wa0006.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks