Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:10   #2641
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

KIA USA is having 8 speed automatic, AWD with center lock. If they bring some of these features to our shores, I guess it will reignite the excitement.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20240802-11.06.258239am.png  

ksaurabh21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:23   #2642
BHPian

I feel that Kia should offer the Seltos turbo-petrol in a manual transmission too. It would be really fun to drive car.
Old 2nd August 2024, 12:22   #2643
BHPian

After the recent ECM update, most of us have experienced the improved performance in the drive modes. But has anyone checked if there is any change in the traction modes? Of course one can only call it out if they have used it earlier.
Old 2nd August 2024, 14:56   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I changed to bosch clear advantage and they are performing well while looking better. The driver side is 24" and passenger side is 18". The bosch ones were about 2mm shorter than the factory ones but I havent had any issues.
Thanks, Bosch are good one. Was not sure of size, some sites say 24" 16" for seltos. Nothin mentioned in owner manual.
Old 2nd August 2024, 15:07   #2645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
Thanks, Bosch are good one. Was not sure of size, some sites say 24" 16" for seltos. Nothin mentioned in owner manual.
I have also recently changed wipers for my Seltos to Bosch Clear Advantage. Original ones that came from factory were sized 24" and 18". Bosch wipers are superior in performance and look far more sleek. Though, one thing to note is irrespective of whichever wiper you take, you will end up replacing it on almost annual basis as they don't function as good as when new.
eragon92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 16:11   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker18 View Post
I feel that Kia should offer the Seltos turbo-petrol in a manual transmission too. It would be really fun to drive car.
They should rather launch an Automatic without a Sunroof. There is not even a single variant (IVT or DCT) without a SUNROOF. Many people will be attracted to that variant.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 20:39   #2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
After the recent ECM update, most of us have experienced the improved performance in the drive modes. But has anyone checked if there is any change in the traction modes? Of course one can only call it out if they have used it earlier.
I think traction modes are pretty much a gimmick and would not make much difference in a FWD car and I never used them. Even, I would like to hear from fellow owners on how effective they are incase someone used it.
I am planning to take my Seltos for 10K KM service sometime next week. Planning to get the ECM update and post my experience after that .

Last edited by graaja : 2nd August 2024 at 20:42. Reason: Minor typo: 10KM -> 10K KM
resolute_scout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 22:12   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by resolute_scout View Post
I think traction modes are pretty much a gimmick and would not make much difference in a FWD car and I never used them. Even, I would like to hear from fellow owners on how effective they are incase someone used it.
Traction modes are only traction control maps. They change the amount of slip before traction control intervenes. They are very helpful for newer drivers who tend to mash the throttle to get out of sticky situations. However, if one is a skilled driver who knows to 'rock' the car gently to get out of low grip situations, they are not needed.
blogslogger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 23:50   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harivasanth View Post
Has anyone faced any issues with Wheel alignment on GTX Plus DCT variant [18 Inch Wheels]?
I have been having wheel left pull since day 1 and it just wont get fixed even after multiple wheel alignments.
What was the issue and what's the solution?
I do feel some sound of rough roads from the left side.
Old 3rd August 2024, 08:41   #2650

Hi All. Just completed 5k in Seltos and noticed that the headlights get fogged when driving in rain, especially in humid conditions. Is this normal? Could the fogging cause some problems 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_2105.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_2104.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_2107.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_2106.jpeg
PRND1.5L is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 19:51   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRND1.5L View Post
It is normal. Fogging due to the vents in the headlights. No need for concern.
blogslogger is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:45   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
6. Bridgestone Turanza 6i. Although I initially considered changing the tyres at the time of purchase, I found the JKs satisfactory.

I've always had good experiences with Continentals, and a Bridgestone dealer friend recommended the Turanza 6i as an equivalent option. The cost was ₹13,500 per tyre, although the official price is ₹14,350 each.

Review on the Turanza6i

After taking the Turanza 6i tyres on a 400km highway trip, I can confidently say that the ride quality has significantly improved compared to JK tyres. The comfort and performance were immediately noticeable.

Previously, I always used Michelin and Continental tyres for my cars, but I decided to try Bridgestone based on a friend's recommendation for the Turanza 6i. My friend was right. The ride quality with the Turanza 6i was on par with Michelin and Continental.

During the 400 km highway trip, the car carried 4 adults, 1 child, and a full luggage boot, and it was raining for most of the drive. The Turanza's performance was excellent.
- Easier attainment of higher speeds
- Good absorption of bumps and potholes
- Significant reduction in cabin noise, especially at higher speeds. The only noise was from the engine, and some of the noise reduction could be attributed to the door damping that I had installed
- Sharper braking

I didn't notice much difference in fuel efficiency, as the MID showed 21km/l with a full car.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Turanza 6i tyres and have no regrets.
bharathdonti is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 14:06   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRND1.5L View Post
Hi All. Just completed 5k in Seltos and noticed that the headlights get fogged when driving in rain, especially in humid conditions. Is this normal? Could the fogging cause some problems
It's quite a normal occurrence due to the heat dissipation vents on the headlight assembly. Nothing to worry.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 15:43   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
I have also recently changed wipers for my Seltos to Bosch Clear Advantage. Original ones that came from factory were sized 24" and 18". Bosch wipers are superior in performance and look far more sleek. Though, one thing to note is irrespective of whichever wiper you take, you will end up replacing it on almost annual basis as they don't function as good as when new.
Thanks, I generally replace them twice a year, before the rains
Old 5th August 2024, 16:26   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
Thanks, I generally replace them twice a year, before the rains
You replace wipers twice a year? Don't think there is usually a need to change the wipers twice a year. Or did you mean once in 2 years?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks