Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 12:21   #2611
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Yes I have included all those things and the premium for my Seltos X-line Diesel 6AT is comming out to be INR 26500 at the maximum IDV of 18.45 lakhs. Appears to be fair when I compare it to the whopping 70+ thousand I paid to Kia for the same a year ago.
The initial / 1st year premium is also significantly higher due to the fact that you're paying for 3 years of TP premium which in itself is a significant proportion. Now, for renewal you're only paying for 1 year of OD and no TP.

Having said that, the dealership premiums are definitely inflated during the car purchase. Do check with your dealership though as their 2nd years premiums are generally in-line with the market rates.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 13:11   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

I didn't understand this part. Shouldn't they offer 100% reimbursement?
What I understood from my conversation with their support team is that they use the parts price list from multibrand service centers as the reference when offering direct cash disbursement whereas KIA charges a premium for authorized spare parts. So in my case where I needed to get the windshield replaced, KIA charged ~10k while ACKO offered ~7k. The agent did say that I could take the car to the KIA ASS and that would be an entirely cashless process apart from the standard 1000rs co-pay. But like I mentioned, I didn't want to risk the car getting stuck in the shop for a few days while the insurer and ASS fought over the charges.

Long story short, they've been pretty legit and transparent in all my interactions with them.
arcanec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 13:19   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
The initial / 1st year premium is also significantly higher due to the fact that you're paying for 3 years of TP premium which in itself is a significant proportion. Now, for renewal you're only paying for 1 year of OD and no TP.

Having said that, the dealership premiums are definitely inflated during the car purchase. Do check with your dealership though as their 2nd years premiums are generally in-line with the market rates.
The initial insurance directly from vendors also includes 3yrs TP premium and still comes out significantly cheaper. In my case, it was around 35k (later 30k after I submitted the NCB transfer certificate) from Acko vs around 70k from the dealership's vendors.
Old 31st July 2024, 19:30   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster View Post
And are the factory fit tyre good to continue or it would be better to upgrade? If yes then are there any recommendations? So far I heard Continental UC6 being recommended by few.
It's better to change the factory-fitted tyres soon after you take the delivery, as the factory-fitted tyres, either JK or Apollo both will never be as good as the options available in the market.

Quote:
Any other options should I consider?
AFAIK there are only 2 decent options available in the stock size, Continental UC6 and Bridgestone Turanza 6i.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 22:04   #2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
AFAIK there are only 2 decent options available in the stock size, Continental UC6 and Bridgestone Turanza 6i.
Thanks for the response. Any recommendation in either of the options or can I go of any one which is available?
Old 31st July 2024, 22:40   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Any recommendation in either of the options or can I go of any one which is available?
Continental UC6 is a well-known tyre on the forum whereas Bridgestone Turanza 6i was recently launched with very few early reviews available. So, there's not an apples-to-apples comparison of the two options.

It's better to select the tyre based on availability, price & warranty policy.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 12:31   #2617

Quote:
I had replaced my stock ones with Continental UC the day of the delivery. Since then I had occasion to drive in both dry and wet conditions, including Himachal. The grip, noise reduction, and cornering are much better compared to JK. No regrets.
Kxar07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 12:53   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxar07 View Post
I had replaced my stock ones with Continental UC the day of the delivery.The grip, noise reduction, and cornering are much better compared to JK.
But you would not know if JK was bad if you had replaced on 1st day .

I am using stock JK from last one year and happy with it, haven't observed loss of grip or noise, no puncture, etc. Plan to use it for 25-30k at least then look for upgrade later.

I did look into changing it initially during delivery, but continental dealers atleast in BLR were asking for 2k for JK tyre, for the tyre which cost almost 9k in market. Goodyear guys were giving higher exchange rates, but goodyear reviews are not good. Did not feel worth to change then.

Bridgestone Turanza, came as stock in my old Nexon, pretty amazing tyres. never had a punture in 4 years of owning it.

Also we have option of Yoko Blue earth, they are tough one made for India tyres, which i have for my city and have given great performance.

MICHELIN 215/55 R18 Primacy would be best one i believe, but would cost almost 20k.
shamanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:11   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxar07 View Post
I had replaced my stock ones with Continental UC the day of the delivery. Since then I had occasion to drive in both dry and wet conditions, including Himachal. The grip, noise reduction, and cornering are much better compared to JK. No regrets.
Can you please elaborate on the differences between the tyre brands? Seltos was never meant to be a corner carver to make any meaningful differences in grip. And isnt having the doors sound deadening (damping) a better investment at around Rs. 10k compared to changing all 4 tyres?
Old 1st August 2024, 14:00   #2620

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
Can you please elaborate on the differences between the tyre brands? Seltos was never meant to be a corner carver to make any meaningful differences in grip. And isnt having the doors sound deadening (damping) a better investment at around Rs. 10k compared to changing all 4 tyres?
The difference is the hard material/rubber in JK compared with softer material in the Continental. True, the Seltos is not an off-roader by a long-shot, and shouldn't do sharp cornering. But you do have to do that sometimes.

I have driven on NE 4, DEL-JAI, a few times and it allows you to open up the throttle to go up to 120 (or above, though you shouldn't). During peak summer as well as in downpour, I was in control at speed at all times. Regards to cornering, If you drive up in mountains, like my trip to Dharmshala, there is nothing but hairpin bends after another. Cornering is needed, sharp at times. And with the Continentals I never felt the car deviating from its mark.

And the noise reduction for me is very very important, as road noise will wear you out fast. The difference is evident within a minute of driving.

So tyres are a package of good noise reduction, better grip, and safety; dampening addresses only noise.

Of course, the decision must be based on cost-benefit basis, as all modifications must be. Happy touring!

Last edited by graaja : 1st August 2024 at 14:04. Reason: Spacing for readability.
Kxar07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 15:00   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
But you would not know if JK was bad if you had replaced on 1st day .

I am using stock JK from last one year and happy with it, haven't observed loss of grip or noise, no puncture, etc. Plan to use it for 25-30k at least then look for upgrade later.

I am also using stock JK Tyres and would like to share a positive customer service experience. The front Driver's side tyre developed 4-5 small orifices on the inner wall of the tyre. Went to a JK Dealer here in Noida and guess what, they unconditionally approved the claim for a replacement within 15 minutes and I got a new tyre immediately (Ofcourse with a minimal wearout and replacement charges ~ 700-800 Rs.)

That dealer sells Apollo, continental and Goodyear products as well apart from JK and was all praises about JK. His recommendation was that since JK gives 3 years unconditional warranty, one should only opt for the same.
Alphaseal6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:44   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
For the ECM update you will have to visit the service center. From what I know, it takes roughly 20-30 mins for the update, apart from of course the waiting time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I got the ECM update this afternoon & at first glance, it definitely has made the car more responsive & smoother in acceleration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
Kia is requesting Seltos owners to visit any service center for an ECM firmware update. You can either wait for your dealer to contact you or visit the service center directly to get the update done.
So, i called up the SC today to enquire and schedule a visit for ECM update for my GTX+ Petrol and i was told by the Service Advisor that not all Seltos are eligible for it and it is VIN based. He mentioned they are either calling the Seltos Owners who are eligible for ECM update based on VIN or updating it during Service, if due. Mine is a Dec 23 Mfd. Model.

Is there any truth to this or do i try my luck checking with another SC in my city? Is there any official communication around this from KIA?
Old 1st August 2024, 17:19   #2623
BHPian

Milestone Celebration: 20,000km Journey in 10 months!

Last week, I took my car for its 20,000km service. Everything went smoothly, and there were no issues with the car so far. Thanks to My Convenience Plan, I only had to pay for the wipers, distilled water, balancing weights (wheel alignment), and windshield washer, totalling ₹1,200.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-service-bill.jpeg

I like this car; it's a significant upgrade from the S Cross 1.3.

Here are the modifications I've made so far:

1. Installed Viofo A229 with hardwiring kit
2. Added an armrest cushion with side pockets
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20240801-15.16.51.png

3. PPF (Xeno Guard)
4. Door Damping (STP) about 5 months ago, significantly reducing cabin noise. Before the 2nd service, I heard a knocking sound from the engine bay, but it's no longer audible after the service.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_100514447.jpg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_100529954.jpg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_104659084.mp.jpg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_104836588.jpg
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_105606783.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20231225_100745344.jpg
bose speaker

5. Installed Carlinkit 5.0, which works well. However, I need clarification on how it prioritizes connecting to my wife's iPhone and my Pixel when both phones are in the car. Any insights from the members would be appreciated.

6. Bridgestone Turanza 6i. Although I initially considered changing the tyres at the time of purchase, I found the JKs satisfactory.

I've always had good experiences with Continentals, and a Bridgestone dealer friend recommended the Turanza 6i as an equivalent option. The cost was ₹13,500 per tyre, although the official price is ₹14,350 each.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20240801-17.12.12.png
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20240801-17.12.33.png

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240801_090244134.mp.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240801_091952548.mp.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240801_092030575.mp.jpg
31psi in all the tyres

The warranty covers 3 years from the date of purchase or up to 60% tread wear, whichever comes first. I have attached the warranty certificate.

Bridgestone Warranty Certificate.pdf

I have driven for 20km post the installation of tyres, and the initial impression is that the tyres are silent and are on par with the continentals. I have a couple of highway runs coming this weekend. I will post a more extended review next week.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240801_091226519.mp.jpg
left over thread on the JK tyres

I only have a little time to write a more detailed review. However, I'm open to answering specific questions if anyone has any.
bharathdonti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:55   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
So, i called up the SC today to enquire and schedule a visit for ECM update for my GTX+ Petrol and i was told by the Service Advisor that not all Seltos are eligible for it and it is VIN based. He mentioned they are either calling the Seltos Owners who are eligible for ECM update based on VIN or updating it during Service, if due. Mine is a Dec 23 Mfd. Model.

Is there any truth to this or do i try my luck checking with another SC in my city? Is there any official communication around this from KIA?
I did suggest you simply go to any ASC and tell them you are there for the ECM update. If they ask whether someone called/informed you, just say yes and pretend you don't remember the name.

I was not asked any questions regarding my car's VIN or any other info. although when the SA started the update process, there is a step where the last 4 digits of VIN are required to be entered in their device.
Old 1st August 2024, 18:14   #2625
BHPian

Kia has sold 5,347 units of Seltos in July, whereas Hyundai sold 17,350 units of the Creta.

Even with the updated facelift, and recent rejig of variants, features and colors, Seltos is not able to keep up with Creta.

Last edited by sharmanova : 1st August 2024 at 18:21.
sharmanova is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed