Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2024, 12:49   #2596
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Did you take your car for the service recently, in last week or two? If so, the SA may have updated the ECM and forgot to inform you.

There is no other explanation for the sudden change in drive experience because the OTA update is just for the navigation and couple of other things in the infotainment system. It has got nothing to do with the engine performance or any thing mechanical.

Am not sure if there is a way to check within the car for the current ECM version. But you can call up your SA and he can check the service record or you can take the car to the service center and they can check it for you.

P.S. Where did you buy the red Turbo sticker? Online? Looks neat on the white body.

Last edited by GTX+ : 29th July 2024 at 12:54.
Old 29th July 2024, 13:18   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Did the Gurgaon SC say that they have no updates for all variants or any specific one? There are many on this forum who have got the ECM updates done on their cars.

I got it done from Lohia motors in Sec 63 Noida (although I bought my car from ASB Motors, Sahibabad) and I own GTX+ Petrol.
Thanks, will recheck. The SC said they haven't got any update except for some minor one for the 1.4 kappa engine. Same was the response from Kia. Possible they want to avid rush and inform people in batches.
BhayanaV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 15:47   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Did you take your car for the service recently, in last week or two? If so, the SA may have updated the ECM and forgot to inform you.
I haven't serviced the car recently.

Quote:
There is no other explanation for the sudden change in drive experience because the OTA update is just for the navigation and couple of other things in the infotainment system. It has got nothing to do with the engine performance or any thing mechanical.
In that case it must be due to improvement resulting from engine / other components' break-in or maybe another reason which I'm not able to pin-point but I'm quite sure that there has been a change.

Quote:
P.S. Where did you buy the red Turbo sticker? Online? Looks neat on the white body.
Thanks
Bought it from Amazon - Search for "Incognito turbo logo sticker" - It's available in black & silver color as well.
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 18:32   #2599
BHPian

Quote:

Am not sure if there is a way to check within the car for the current ECM version. But you can call up your SA and he can check the service record or you can take the car to the service center and they can check it for you.

The ECM update can not be updated over-the-air. The vehicle needs to be taken to the service center for updating.

Also, the ECM updated for newer Seltos were released very recently in July only.
Old 29th July 2024, 22:13   #2600
BHPian

Quote:

However, do check if the version of Infotainment & Navigation is showing the latest one in your car ICE settings (ref to the Kia website for the latest version). After the OTA update, it continues to show the old version in my car. I am planning to now update it by downloading it from the website onto a USB drive.

Cheers.
I double checked. Version of updated infotainment & navigation is the same as shown on KIA website.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-firmware-update-version-details.jpg
Old 29th July 2024, 22:30   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
BHPians
Further to the initial (pre 1st servicing) review of my White Tiger GTX D AT https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5737516 (2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review), sharing my experience & observations (in addition to previous review) post completing 6000 kms.
Post the firmware update, few notable changes in the Radio
  • The tungsten light bulbs are gone, instead the layout is very simpler now (IMO, the earlier one was better)
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-new-radio.jpg
  • Music identifier (small orange icon) has been introduced (Shazam like)
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-new-radio-song-identifier.jpg
Old 30th July 2024, 11:22   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathgr View Post
It is accurate since it uses houndify which is conversational AI (which is why the hinglish support). Some data is sent to the server (in the cloud) . Post the 3 year connected car package we will be expected to purchase the service (hoping it would be part of the overall package).

There have been instances where poor data connectivity from the TCU ( Telematics control unit) has issues with houndify commands. Also it did not work for me even upon reaching a good signal area. Typically all car companies run a pan India test to check the coverage and test the TCU, not sure if this has been done properly by kia.

While on the voice commands, at the very beginning when I bought the car - I could access the HUD display settings via voice commands, and now no matter the different versions of the commands I give, that doesn't fire up the settings screen. Has anyone else experienced the same? May be an update done a couple of months ago is the culprit here
Old 30th July 2024, 12:02   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
The ECM update can not be updated over-the-air. The vehicle needs to be taken to the service center for updating.
I don't think I said anything different!
Old 30th July 2024, 17:26   #2604
BHPian

Need a little help. I purchased my Seltos last year in August and got the insurance at an inflated price of over INR 70000 from the showroom itself that covered everything.

It's almost time for renewal and I don't want to get it renewed through Kia because it's usually very expensive. I am doing a little research about which insurance will be the best to renew.

Is Acko insurance good? It seems to be priced fairly and do they provide cashless facility? What all things should I include in renewal because the car is still fairly new.

I also have "my convience plus" plan so what all things can I can skip including in the insurance that are already covered under this plan. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 30th July 2024 at 17:29.
Old 30th July 2024, 18:07   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Is Acko insurance good? It seems to be priced fairly and do they provide cashless facility? What all things should I include in renewal because the car is still fairly new. As it's still a new car
Acko has been pretty good, at least in Bengaluru. They claim to offer cashless facilities at all service centers as long as they have a GST number, which of course means they'd cover all KIA ASS as well. They also offer a version of cashless facility wherein you can get the car serviced at any workshop of your choice and they'll disburse the cash directly to your account. I found this pretty incredible, so I double checked and even got it in writing from the Acko team. Note: The amount they disburse is approx 70% of the cost to get the repairs done at the authorized KIA service centers.

Across all my interactions with them for first getting the policy, then getting an NCB bonus refunded when I transferred it from my old car, and when I wanted to file a claim, I found them very responsive and efficient.

As it's still a new turbo engined car with gizmos up the wazoo, I highly recommend the zero dep version with the return to invoice, electricals cover, and engine protect add-ons.

Quote:
I also have "my convience plus" plan so what all things can I can skip including in the insurance that are already covered under this plan. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Unless I'm mistaken MCP covers maintenance costs and extended warranty. This has nothing to do with what your insurers provide. There may be some roadside assistance facilities that overlap but removing those won't reduce your premium by much. It's far better to have that in your back pocket in case Kia's RSA doesn't deliver.

Last edited by arcanec : 30th July 2024 at 18:16. Reason: edited for clarity.
arcanec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 18:08   #2606
BANNED

Quote:
Need a little help. I purchased my Seltos last year in August and got the insurance at an inflated price of over INR 70000 from the showroom itself that covered everything.

It's almost time for renewal and I don't want to get it renewed through Kia because it's usually very expensive. I am doing a little research about which insurance will be the best to renew.

Is Acko insurance good? It seems to be priced fairly and do they provide cashless facility? What all things should I include in renewal because the car is still fairly new.

My Insurance is also due for renewal, I also have taken My Convenience Plus, I usually opt for Zero Depreciation, Return to Invoice, Engine Cover, RSA (not necessary since we have My Convenience Plus), Consumables Cover, PA Cover (it compulsory). Getting the Insurance from outside is way cheaper. Acko Insurance is fine, but do check if they have a Cashless tie-up with your dealership. You can check the same on their website or if not by directly contacting them.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 19:42   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
They claim to offer cashless facilities at all service centers as long as they have a GST number, which of course means they'd cover all KIA ASS as well.
Yes, I talked to the customer care and this is exactly what they said. They would assign someone for my claim who would pick up and drop the car at my door step and handle everything related to the claim with the service centre. Only a processing fee of INR 1000 will be charged.

Quote:
They also offer a version of cashless facility wherein you can get the car serviced at any workshop of your choice and they'll disburse the cash directly to your account. I found this pretty incredible, so I double checked and even got it in writing from the Acko team. Note: The amount they disburse is approx 70% of the cost to get the repairs done at the authorized KIA service centers.
I didn't understand this part. Shouldn't they offer 100% reimbursement?

Quote:
As it's still a new turbo engined car with gizmos up the wazoo, I highly recommend the zero dep version with the return to invoice, electricals cover, and engine protect add-ons.
Yes I have included all those things and the premium for my Seltos X-line Diesel 6AT is comming out to be INR 26500 at the maximum IDV of 18.45 lakhs. Appears to be fair when I compare it to the whopping 70+ thousand I paid to Kia for the same a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
My Insurance is also due for renewal, I also have taken My Convenience Plus, I usually opt for Zero Depreciation, Return to Invoice, Engine Cover, RSA (not necessary since we have My Convenience Plus), Consumables Cover, PA Cover (it compulsory). Getting the Insurance from outside is way cheaper. Acko Insurance is fine, but do check if they have a Cashless tie-up with your dealership. You can check the same on their website or if not by directly contacting them.
Well I added RSA since it was just around INR 400 extra. Also as mentioned earlier every GST registered garage is supported for cashless claims. According to them all I need to do is initiate the procedure in the acko app in case of an unfortunate event and they will assign an agent who would pick the car up from me and deliver the car back at my doorstep and handle everything with the garage.

I still have almost 1 month to go before I decide with which insurer to renew. Thanks to both of your for detailed reply.
Mr Anderson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 22:34   #2608

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
I double checked. Version of updated infotainment & navigation is the same as shown on KIA website.
Attachment 2634106
I got OTA update today. After the update was successful it shows version 240701. Not sure why it is not updated to latest 240702.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240730_220308.jpg  

Old 31st July 2024, 10:55   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by resolute_scout View Post
I got OTA update today. After the update was successful it shows version 240701. Not sure why it is not updated to latest 240702.
Like I've mentioned in this post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5811759 (2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review)
The update will be done in 2 parts (Part 1 - #240701, Part 2 - #240702)
You've received the first one, the second should follow in a day or 2.
Note that the 2nd part will take much longer to download vs part 1 (It showed an updating icon to me for 5-6 days - If I remember correctly).
Old 31st July 2024, 12:00   #2610

Hello All,

Have finally booked GTX+ Petrol (Aurora Black) and expecting a delivery by 10th August.
Really excited to experience the beast!

Thank you so much to all the experts and members on this forum whose detailed unbiased insights really helped me take an informed decision.

I wanted to check if all the models have JK Royale tyres by default or it varies? I saw an X Line in one of the showroom with Apollo tyres.

And are the factory fit tyre good to continue or it would be better to upgrade? If yes then are there any recommendations? So far I heard Continental UC6 being recommended by few.

Any other options should I consider?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks