Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2024, 15:19   #2566
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
Hi Guys, is there a way to turn on radio while keeping google map (through car play) on display? whenever radio is turned on, the display only shows radio and map directions are only vocal.
Go to the Phone Projection settings on the infotainment screen & you will see there is an option to have a 'Split Scree' with Android Auto or Carplay (don't remember the exact way to get to it but it wasn't difficult to find).

Once you enable the Split Screen functionality, the Android Auto/Carplay, when turned on, won't occupy the full screen; it'll occupy ⅔ of the screen & remaining 1/3rd is occupied by the car's infotainment screen tile. You can flick this tile up or down & go to the media tile. Then, use the 'Mode' button on your steering wheel to go to radio.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 15:30   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Hi all. I've a question about the ADAS feature 'forward collision avoidance'. Those who keep that ALWAYS ON, are you finding it to be risky during weaving in the traffic, even at speeds around 30 kmph? While overtaking (specifically during weaving manoeuvres) I'm hearing the warnings and fear that the vehicle might stop abruptly with auto braking. Is there any better way to avoid the risk of sudden braking?
I have been using all ADAS features enabled ever since I got my car & I don't turn it off even in the crazy Bangalore traffic. I haven't got into trouble with it so far (knock-on-wood).

Key to using ADAS in India is to let go of the crazy auto driver-like driving habit lot of us have. No weaving in & out of traffic, changing lanes without using indicators & general rash driving. If one is driving sedately, ADAS won't interfere at all.

Although, I suggest you go into the ADAS settings & turn the sensitiveness of emergency braking to low so that it doesn't get triggered at somewhat large distances.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 16:33   #2568
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
let go of the crazy auto driver-like driving habit lot of us have. No weaving in & out of traffic, changing lanes without using indicators & general rash driving. If one is driving sedately, ADAS won't interfere at all.

Although, I suggest you go into the ADAS settings & turn the sensitiveness of emergency braking to low so that it doesn't get triggered at somewhat large distances.
I agree with you on this one. I too keep all the settings of ADAS ON, but have reduced the sensitiveness of the autonomous emergency braking just so that it doesn't brake too quickly.

We have driven a lot in the Middle East and follow the rules, the car is also made presuming you follow the rules and drive as such. I have also seen that if we drive sedately, ADAS doesn't interfere often.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th July 2024 at 02:03. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 25th July 2024, 17:55   #2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Hi all. I've a question about the ADAS feature 'forward collision avoidance'. Those who keep that ALWAYS ON, are you finding it to be risky during weaving in the traffic, even at speeds around 30 kmph? While overtaking (specifically during weaving manoeuvres) I'm hearing the warnings and fear that the vehicle might stop abruptly with auto braking. Is there any better way to avoid the risk of sudden braking?
I agree with others here: ADAS is well calibrated to traffic with a very narrow margin as per your speed and distance from other vehicles. I have driven in 1-2 hours of zigzag traffic where cars are merging in and out of my lane rapidly. ADAS (forward or rear) does not get activated unless I am unaware or unprepared for the movement. If you are driving with timely steering and accelerator/break inputs, ADAS will remain in "assist" form without intruding.
Kxar07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 18:02   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrulz View Post
Attachment 2631839

I had a similar situation (tpms error) this month, when air pressure in one of rear tyre dropped below 30 (no punctures upon inspection). I kept driving after refilling to 33psi as usual but error remained. Couldn't find any reset option for TPMS in user manual or under any menu option, but some online search suggested driving for a while after refilling to recommended tyre pressure (35), which also worked (I topped only to 34psi).

Attachment 2631842
This worked, thanks. Filled it till 35 and it's good now.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240725174436.jpg  

07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 19:51   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Go to the Phone Projection settings on the infotainment screen & you will see there is an option to have a 'Split Scree' with Android Auto or Carplay (don't remember the exact way to get to it but it wasn't difficult to find).
Tried some combinations, wanted maps on full screen. So if open google maps on Carplay, then go back on home, start radio, back to home and open carplay maps again, it works. Radio control from steering buttons.
Old 26th July 2024, 01:44   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Got the ECM update by visiting the nearest KIA service center.

Lastly, he then moved to another tab where the error codes are mentioned. There was 1 error listed there "FR_RADAR | Front Radar. C160C87 Local CAN Time-out. Again on enquiring he said that sometimes due to low voltage in battery, this error comes up, but its nothing to worry.

We turned on the car and I asked him to run the diagnostics again, this time the error did not come up, but the above mentioned devices had same message.
I had an issue with the ISG. Various sensors started throwing all sorts of errors and the car would stall when ISG kicked back. ISG had to be reset and the issue vanished post that. Some of those errors were around radar ( blindspot & FCW).

It is written in the manual that it's possible for certain warning lights to turn on, when the battery is at low voltage. DTC must have triggered and the cluster would have shown this warning (not sure if they adhere to ISO26262). DTC would have cleared, but the history will still remain.

Well for sure it's a worry around battery discharge with ISG and a poor design by Kia. But it's not much to worry about about the functioning of the radar.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th July 2024 at 02:02. Reason: typos
bharathgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 07:34   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxar07 View Post
I agree with others here: ADAS is well calibrated to traffic with a very narrow margin as per your speed and distance from other vehicles. I have driven in 1-2 hours of zigzag traffic where cars are merging in and out of my lane rapidly. ADAS (forward or rear) does not get activated unless I am unaware or unprepared for the movement. If you are driving with timely steering and accelerator/break inputs, ADAS will remain in "assist" form without intruding.
Has anyone had experience with the ADAS on Kia/Hyundai as well as the XUV700? Is there a lot of difference in the way they behave? Which one behaves better and less harshly/unpredictably?
Old 26th July 2024, 08:50   #2574
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
Has anyone had experience with the ADAS on Kia/Hyundai as well as the XUV700? Is there a lot of difference in the way they behave? Which one behaves better and less harshly/unpredictably?
I have had. It's good in XUV700 but nowhere near Hyundai/Kia tuning. No issues with adaptive cruise control, but the lane keep assist fails to keep the car in centre of lanes. It prevents car from crossing the lane marking but doesn't keep it in centre. LFA in Seltos does that. Autonomous braking too felt a little harsh in XUV.

That XUV ADAS is better than elevate or the one in safari.

The amount of customisation in seltos adas is very good and you can selectively turn off ADAS functions and they stay OFF once turned off, unless you turn them back on. Not the case with Honda and Tata, wherein they always turn on upon a restart. I guess XUV too has this bad habit.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 09:08   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I have had. It's good in XUV700 but nowhere near Hyundai/Kia tuning. No issues with adaptive cruise control, but the lane keep assist fails to keep the car in centre of lanes. It prevents car from crossing the lane marking but doesn't keep it in centre. LFA in Seltos does that. Autonomous braking too felt a little harsh in XUV.

That XUV ADAS is better than elevate or the one in safari.

The amount of customisation in seltos adas is very good and you can selectively turn off ADAS functions and they stay OFF once turned off, unless you turn them back on. Not the case with Honda and Tata, wherein they always turn on upon a restart. I guess XUV too has this bad habit.
Thank you so much for that clear reply. I've always heard the Koreans are great with tech, and i guess this extends beyond just consumer electronics and spills over to the automobile industry as well. I'm in the market for a new car and am torn between the Seltos and the XUV700. Been trying to get personal opinions from genuine users because there is so much noise online that it's difficult to take an informed decision.
OrthodocX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 09:36   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
This is indeed true for 2023 models discounts are ongoing, we recently picked the Seltos HTX IMT diesel 2023 and got a discount of 1.80, try to call nearby dealers in the same or different state near you and ask for 2023 stocks availability.
Even dealers in Mumbai, Nashik and some dealers in Gujarat are also offering discounts on 2023 stocks check with them.
Hey,

How's your experience with your new Seltos Diesel IMT and can you please post your experience with the car considering that you own a Hycross Hybrid as well?

Asking coz I'm also considering a Seltos next year as the replacement for my City iDTEC Diesel, which has run close to 2L Kms (188k Kms run till date) and confused whether I should go for Diesel IMT, Diesel AT, DCT or IVT though our running doesn't warrant a Diesel.

I had booked the Seltos D AT in 2022 but had to cancel due to personal reasons and in the meanwhile, increased our budget and bought Hycross Hybrid instead.
Old 26th July 2024, 09:45   #2577
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
Thank you so much for that clear reply. I've always heard the Koreans are great with tech, and i guess this extends beyond just consumer electronics and spills over to the automobile industry as well. I'm in the market for a new car and am torn between the Seltos and the XUV700. Been trying to get personal opinions from genuine users because there is so much noise online that it's difficult to take an informed decision.
We have both the XUV700 and the Seltos in our family and for most people, the Seltos would be more than enough, it gets all the modern features and the best implementation of ADAS in the segment and beyond. It's practical and spacious and the turbo petrol is powerful too. The quality fit and finish are good and is an overall good car for the money.

The XUV700 is a roomy car with lots of space, the engines are powerful, it offers a good balance of ride and handling and if you prefer a commanding stance, this is the one for you.

Now coming to service and maintenance, Kia is the winner here both in terms of cost and the experience from the service centres. It is cheaper and more hassle-free.

Do take test drives of both these cars before you finalize!
bijims is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 09:58   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
We have both the XUV700 and the Seltos in our family...

The XUV700 is a roomy car... and if you prefer a commanding stance, this is the one for you.

coming to service and maintenance, Kia ... is cheaper and more hassle-free.
Thank you for the clarity. And great to hear an unbiased first-hand opinion from someone who actually has experience with both cars.

I did take test drives for both cars (unfortunately only in the city)

The space and feel inside the XUV has bowled me over. But everytime I see it from the outside, I doubt my ability to handle the monster

Seltos is great in all other ways, practical, medium sized, feature loaded, better fuel efficiency and I guess going purely by the brain, it is the more sensible choice. I just found ingress and egress a little diffcult with my seat height choice. Black interiors on top specs felt claustrophobic, and the IVT was uninspired (The DCT fared better in terms of persormance - but reliability concerns in heavy traffic scare me).

Brain tugs in one direction and heart in another.
Old 26th July 2024, 09:58   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Hey,

How's your experience with your new Seltos Diesel IMT and can you please post your experience with the car considering that you own a Hycross Hybrid as well?

Asking coz I'm also considering a Seltos next year as the replacement for my City iDTEC Diesel, which has run close to 2L Kms (188k Kms run till date) and confused whether I should go for Diesel IMT, Diesel AT, DCT or IVT though our running doesn't warrant a Diesel.

I had booked the Seltos D AT in 2022 but had to cancel due to personal reasons and in the meanwhile, increased our budget and bought Hycross Hybrid instead.
It has been just one month since we got the Seltos and so far experience has been good, I will post a detailed review soon.
We got the Seltos diesel IMT by luck as it was a 2023 model and the discount on it was irresistible, Seltos was way over our initial budget we were considering cars from a segment below we nearly finalised Sonet D AT.
After experiencing IMT properly I would say just go with D AT over IMT it would be better in the long run.
Also car market is at all time low right now, inquire about discounts on old stocks and pick one asap if you get a good discount on old stock, try nearby dealers in your neighbouring states, we got the seltos from Mehsana, Gujarat almost 600kms away from my place so try to find a good deal as much as possible.

Last edited by manofinfinity : 26th July 2024 at 09:59. Reason: Typo
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 11:14   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathgr View Post
DTC would have cleared, but the history will still remain.
Before he ran the diagnostic the first time, there was already an error listed, which he said must have been from the previous service which the SA forgot/did not clear. He promptly cleared the error.

As mentioned in my earlier post, when the Radar error came and he said it is nothing to worry, he then cleared it.

So I guess the error history can be cleared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks