Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2024, 13:50   #2521
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

The extended warranty costs are included in the extended my convenience package.
Old 18th July 2024, 19:28   #2522
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am attaching the screenshot of the price offered to my friend by the showroom for now discontinued Kia Seltos GTX+S 2023 model which comes equipped with everything the GTX+ variant offers except 360 camera and Bose audio system. It's already equipped with all the accesories.

We asked the SA to remove accessories but he says that it's a fully loaded car and he's ok to remove the chrome parts but if anything happens while removing it won't be his risk. So, we have asked to him remove the side step which has brought the accesories price down by around INR 25000. My friend was going to buy the extended warranty pack anyways, so that isn't a big deal.

Is it a fair price to pay for 2023 model?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240709wa0007.jpg  

Old 18th July 2024, 20:53   #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Hello everyone,
====

This seems like a good deal but do you know if this is a new vehicle or a demo/test drive unit?
Why were the accessories installed in the first place unless it was a pre-booked or demo vehicle?
What is the OTR price difference between MY23 and MY24?
A relative recently bought a MY23 Seltos X-Line for 22 lakhs OTR.
DesertStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 22:53   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone, I am attaching the screenshot of the price offered to my friend by the showroom for now discontinued Kia Seltos GTX+S 2023 model which comes equipped with everything the GTX+ variant offers except 360 camera and Bose audio system. It's already equipped with all the accesories.

We asked the SA to remove accessories but he says that it's a fully loaded car and he's ok to remove the chrome parts but if anything happens while removing it won't be his risk. So, we have asked to him remove the side step which has brought the accesories price down by around INR 25000. My friend was going to buy the extended warranty pack anyways, so that isn't a big deal.

Definitely a good offer, as long as it's not a demo car or rejected by someone because it has some issues or maybe accidental. A thorough PDI should help.

Perhaps your friend can negotiate more and get the extended warranty? And the insurance price seems to be inflated. That can also come down by a good margin.

The 360 camera will be a big miss though, but if your friend is okay without it and the car has no issues, it looks like a pretty sweet deal.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 09:27   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Mine was ordered around Oct 2023 and delivered end of Jan 2024, the 360 camera and bose system along with all 4 windows auto up down were part of the standard car. I paid around 21

Your insurance is double what it usually is, please check outside and get that down. With that, the price that you'll get would match the feature deletions.
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 10:01   #2526
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
A car equipped with all accessories could be an indicator that some customer either cancelled booking or their loan did not go through or it is showroom display car.
GTX+S was weird variant in the Seltos lineup. 360 camera and Jose sound system are missing. Getting 360 camera installed and calibrated from outside itself costs about ₹25k for cheap one (based on my inquiry from an accessory shop). People would rather pay about ₹60k more and get factory fitted 360 camera which is well integrated in the MID, has good camera quality, almost no lag and calibrated well.

I also got ping from some dealers that they have GTX+S MY23 variants available with ₹2 lakh discount on on-road price
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 10:07   #2527
BHPian

Quote:

**UPDATE**

My friend bought the car yesterday itself. It's a brand new car. I didn't get the chance to go with him for delivery but I went to his house and saw the car myself. It only had 48kms on the odo and looked beautiful and flawless.

We negotiated a little bit more to get an extra cash discount of INR 20000 and managed to convince the SA to remove 7D mats and 3D boot mats wich further reduced the price by INR 10000. So the final price was around 20.6 lakhs.

He was offered 5 lakhs for his old Honda WRV IVETC VX (petrol) 2018 model initially. We bargained hard and got the exhange value upto 5.2 Lakhs.

After everything we were highly satisfied with the product we got for the price we paid. Thank you everyone for the inputs we got here.
Mr Anderson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 23:07   #2528
BHPian

Yesterday, my dealer called to inform me that KIA has released a latest ECM firmware and asked me to drop my Seltos to update the ECM firmware. Today, I took my vehicle to the service center and had the firmware updated, which took about 20 minutes. After the update, I noticed improvement in engine response, but the fuel efficiency has decreased. Has anyone else updated their ECM firmware? If so, please share your observations.

Last edited by bizi05 : 20th July 2024 at 23:08.
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 14:26   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
Yesterday, my dealer called to inform me that KIA has released a latest ECM firmware and asked me to drop my Seltos to update the ECM firmware. Today, I took my vehicle to the service center and had the firmware updated, which took about 20 minutes. After the update, I noticed improvement in engine response, but the fuel efficiency has decreased. Has anyone else updated their ECM firmware? If so, please share your observations.
I got the call as well, disheartened to read about decreased FE as I already feel the car can be tuned towards FE performance. I decided to wait until it's due for service to get the update, waiting to read about more feedback from fellow BHPians who have taken the update
Old 22nd July 2024, 10:36   #2530
BHPian

Just noticed that the 5 year EW plus other benefits (most likely free insurance/accessories) have been listed on the website. Not sure when this was added though. The dealers have indicated that these promotions will run until the festive season ends.

With these offers and new variants coming in, this is indeed a great time to get the Seltos.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240722_102625_chrome.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2024, 11:28   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Just noticed that the 5 year EW plus other benefits (most likely free insurance/accessories) have been listed on the website. Not sure when this was added though. The dealers have indicated that these promotions will run until the festive season ends.

With these offers and new variants coming in, this is indeed a great time to get the Seltos.
This is true, Kia is offering an extended warranty for 4,5th Years for free, Just last week we got this offer, we didn’t know this offer was available even SA didn’t know this existed, we told him to check the Extended warranty price for 4th and 5th year that’s when he mentioned that there is an ongoing offer and he mentioned it is only available till 31st July.
Seltos owners please contact your dealer Asap and ask about it if you are lucky you can get EW for free.
Old 22nd July 2024, 13:51   #2532
BHPian

Too bad we got our GTX+ DCT in June.
Old 22nd July 2024, 15:19   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
After the update, I noticed improvement in engine response, but the fuel efficiency has decreased. Has anyone else updated their ECM firmware? If so, please share your observations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
I decided to wait until it's due for service to get the update, waiting to read about more feedback from fellow BHPians who have taken the update
Is this for all Seltos models or for a specific powertrain?

I have a 2019 GTX+ D AT. While I did not get any calls for an ECM update, I had my car serviced in 2nd week of June. I vaguely remember SA mentioning something along the lines of software tuning but no ECM firmware update mentioned in job sheet.

However, i distinctly remember the car feeling like a different beast when it came back. It was as if someone had flashed a Stage 1+ tune onto it. No lag. No sluggishness. Free revving. Smooth. The strained sounding nature of the engine past 2k rpm was also gone. And at the same time I saw a significant hit in the FE. On routes where I have seen 15-16 kmpl consistently, I could only manage 13-14 kmpl. Same driving style. Same traffic conditions. But honestly, the new found life in the powertrain made me turn a blind-eye to the drop in FE.

But now it has been almost 2 months since then. And the car has also done close to 2,000 km. That increased drivability seems to be wanning now. Its as if the ECM is now slowly regressing to its old state?!
Old 22nd July 2024, 16:00   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
So, I am a sucker for all software updates on my devices & now, cars. I didn't get a call yet but still have scheduled a visit to service center tomorrow to get the ECM update on my 2024 Seltos X Line DCT Petrol.

I will post the experience post update tomorrow. Hopefully the drop in FE would be compensated by the performance refinements promised.
Old 22nd July 2024, 23:51   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
Here's my completely unqualified opinion.

It's not MMI nor the previous map vendor (HERE Maps, I believe?) that's the problem. It's the good folks that offer maps on AA and Carplay, i.e. Google and Apple. They insist on the default nav button launching Google or Apple Maps and not the mapping vendor that Hyundai or Kia have licensed.

Google earns money from businesses using the Google Maps Platform and wants the car manufacturer to use that instead of cheaper alternatives like HERE or MMI. So you have Google telling Kia - "if you want us to enable Wireless AA, make GMaps your default navigation map, and this is how much you're gonna have to pay me for the privilege." Kia instead chooses to go with the cheaper vendor. Meanwhile, the customer who has paid 20lakhs or so now needs to shell out an additional 6-7k for a wireless adapter if they desperately want wireless AA.
The infotainment unit is form MOBIS (Tier 1 of Hyundai). Having developed software for them in the past and also infotainment systems, i doubt that wireless AA/CP has anything do with the maps.

Screen scraping is a seperate OS process and requires high performance from the wifi & it antennas. For the 2.4 Ghz spectrum Wifi & BT chipsets sometimes use mutliplexed antennae and the performance here is lower, leading to unstable high transfer rates. Wireless AA requires both BT and Wifi.

Also it could be the case that the larger unit is not stable or they are not able to stablize as yet only with software/driver updates.
bharathgr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks