Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2024, 18:01   #2386
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
Coincidentally, I was discussing the same with my brother today morning. We have a 2019 Seltos about to go for annual service and we are contemplating if we should upgrade the suspension struts to the new FL spec. I tried turning the tyre pressure down; from 35psi to 32psi for the last 2 weeks. Massive difference. Gone are the sharp thuds, gone are the jarring shakes when passing over sharp undulations, a new suppleness and chushy-ness is added to the ride.

But the downsides are just as prominent.

The tyre looks visibly-underinflated, the sidewalls also look like they are bulging.

Steering feel has gotten heavier and more unnatural. Feedback has also reduced.

Braking feels stronger but inconsistent due to higher contact patch.

Fuel economy has taken the biggest hit. In the same scenario where i would get around 14kmpl consistently, I am not getting 12 kmpl. makes sense due to higher rolling resistance. The car also feels sluggish while accelerating and more eager to slow down when you let off throttle.

Power delivery also feels laggy and jerky now at slower speeds. Probably higher rolling resistance.

With an approx parts cost of 10-12k for all 4 hydrualic struts, it makes sense to just upgrade them on pre-FL Seltos than take safety and fuel economy hits like these.
I initially maintained 35 psi on all the tires as recommended by Kia. However, during a long drive with 4 adults and 1 child, the ride was very uncomfortable and bouncy. When I checked the TPMS, it showed 38 to 40 psi, and this was during peak summer.

Since then, I have started maintaining 31 psi in all the tires, and the difference in ride quality has been remarkable.

Most of my drives are on the highway, covering around 160km to 180km one way. I always check the TPMS, and the tire pressure has never exceeded 34 psi with 2 adults and 1 child in the car. I have driven 17,000 km so far in the Seltos, and I'm never going back to 35 psi again!

As for mileage, on the highway, there hasn't been any drop. I consistently get an average of 21 km/l as per the MID.

I live in a Tier 3 city, so I'm fortunate not to have bumper-to-bumper traffic, and I get around 14 km/l.
bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 20:33   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Since then, I have started maintaining 31 psi in all the tires, and the difference in ride quality has been remarkable.
Is your pre-FL car the one with the old oval badge or with a KN badge?

Kia quietly retuned the suspension when they started rolling out the Seltos with the new KN badge.

It is much better than the launch spec; the new FL suspension being the best. I once drove the pre-FL X-Line right after getting out of my launch spec GTX+ and it felt like I was driving a completely different car. The car felt supple and light on the front end while also being more easy to point when going into a corner. Part of it was due to the fact that the 1.4 Turbo is much lighter and makes the front end feel more responsive than the 1.5D that I have in my GTX+ but the supple suspension of the KN spec was very distinctly different than my launch spec.
DCTfanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 12:28   #2388

Any idea if the Kia Seltos GTX+(S) version been discontinued?
Old 12th June 2024, 17:03   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rronbhp789 View Post
Last week I inquired with Kia, Chennai and they told me it is no longer available.
Subbu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 17:19   #2390
BHPian

I am getting confused with the choices available for Insurance. Policy Bazaar is giving many options;

Kotak - 24,196
New India - 29,064
Universal Sempo - 37,263
SBI General - 43,110
HDFC Ergo - 44,313
Chola MS - 45,962
Zuno - 48,094
Digit - 55,626
ICICI Lombard - 61,735

Plus GST.

I checked Acko. Their portal is showing Rs.34,222/ plus GST and also spoke to them. They cover everything incl damage by rodent etc.

Why is there such a huge disparity in rates? Many BHP'ians have posted positively about Acko. Is it good to go with Acko or do I need to consider any other insurance co?

Also, I am planning to take delivery in Chennai but register in Pondicherry. All insurance cos say they will cover transit till registration. Is there anything else I need to consider for transit?

Any idea how much temp registration will cost (for transit from Chennai to Pondy)? Dealer is quoting Rs.20,000/ for the same.

Vehicle is likely to be delivered by end of the month.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th June 2024, 18:38   #2391

Hi Subbu,

How are you able to register in Pondy?

I understand we need an address proof of Pondy to be able to register there. But is there any alternative you are aware of?

Also how much approx will you be saving by registering in Pondy as compared to Chennai?

As I have booked my car with Kun Kia, Chennai and the vehicle is yet to be allocated it will be of great help to know this info.

Also do let us know if you were able to get any discount on the car.

Thanks!
Old 13th June 2024, 10:42   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Subbu,

How are you able to register in Pondy?

I understand we need an address proof of Pondy to be able to register there. But is there any alternative you are aware of?
I have an address only in Pondy and not in Chennai. I am thinking of buying in Chennai as waiting time in Pondy is higher (not much though).

Everything else (Ex showroom, insurance, TCS, MCP etc) is same except Registration charges. For GLX+ DCT, Regn Charges in Pondy is Rs.1.08 lakhs. I don't know the registration charges for Chennai.

Let know if you need any other information.

Subbu
Subbu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 17:56   #2393

Quote:
Not sure whether or not Kia dealers are taking bookings, but the Kia website shows that GTX+(S) variant is available.
Old 13th June 2024, 19:50   #2394

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I tried the same with my Samsung S20 FE. I created two routines - one for Android Auto On (Equalizer set to Rock) and another for Android Auto Off (Equalizer set to Normal). But the equalizer mode did not change when Android Auto got connected.
Sorry .. I'm trying to replicate this. I have a s20 FE as well

Where exactly is this setting? Searching for "Equalizer" in the Samsung phone settings doesn't show anything. Is this a separate app?
Old 13th June 2024, 20:20   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitesnow View Post
Where exactly is this setting? Searching for "Equalizer" in the Samsung phone settings doesn't show anything. Is this a separate app?
Try searching for "equaliser" instead of equalizer. It's under the "Sounds and vibrations" menu.
arcanec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 12:00   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
I initially maintained 35 psi on all the tires as recommended by Kia. However, during a long drive with 4 adults and 1 child, the ride was very uncomfortable and bouncy. When I checked the TPMS, it showed 38 to 40 psi, and this was during peak summer.

Most of my drives are on the highway, covering around 160km to 180km one way. I always check the TPMS, and the tire pressure has never exceeded 34 psi with 2 adults and 1 child in the car. I have driven 17,000 km so far in the Seltos, and I'm never going back to 35 psi again!

As for mileage, on the highway, there hasn't been any drop. I consistently get an average of 21 km/l as per the MID.

I live in a Tier 3 city, so I'm fortunate not to have bumper-to-bumper traffic, and I get around 14 km/l.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-seltos.jpeg
Today's highway drive in my Seltos Diesel AT.

Cold Tyre pressure was 31psi.

At the end of the highway run, TPMS shows 34psi.

Occupants: 2 Adults, 1 kid and luggage in the boot

Timings of the drive: 6:30 am to 9:00 am

The only thing I dislike about this car is the warning, "Consider taking a coffee break."
bharathdonti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 13:51   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Today's highway drive in my Seltos Diesel AT.

Cold Tyre pressure was 31psi.

At the end of the highway run, TPMS shows 34psi.

Occupants: 2 Adults, 1 kid and luggage in the boot

Timings of the drive: 6:30 am to 9:00 am

The only thing I dislike about this car is the warning, "Consider taking a coffee break."
That's a good fuel efficiency you got!

Is it a BS6 phase 2 model? How's the engine drivability? Do you feel it is lethargic or slow initially? Or do you find it good enough for your daily commutes?

Any DPF related concerns so far? Thank you.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 19:14   #2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanec View Post
Try searching for "equaliser" instead of equalizer. It's under the "Sounds and vibrations" menu.
Thank you!!

One last question. How do I create routines? I don't have any option to do so. I'm using a S20FE

Thank you in advance
Nitesnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 19:43   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
That's a good fuel efficiency you got!

Is it a BS6 phase 2 model? How's the engine drivability? Do you feel it is lethargic or slow initially? Or do you find it good enough for your daily commutes?

Any DPF related concerns so far? Thank you.
Yes, it's a facelift BS6 Phase 2 model. I bought it in October 2023.

Coming from a remapped S Cross 1.3 Diesel, I find the Seltos to be powerful enough for my calm driving. When I feel like having some fun, I switch to sports mode on the highways. In this case, the fuel economy comes down to 18 or 19 km/l.

Since most of my commute is on the highways, I have only encountered DPF issues once.
bharathdonti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 14:32   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitesnow View Post
Sorry .. I'm trying to replicate this. I have a s20 FE as well

Go to Settings - Sounds and Vibration - Sound quality and effects - Equalizer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks