Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 11:16   #226
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
We have an option of choosing accessories but we need to take it from them compulsorily of 25k which they have labelled as basic/essential kit and added in the price. Has anyone had a similar discussion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

I will also send a mail to Kia to bring this to their light.
Sadly, Kia’s customer care is pretty hopeless. They do nothing to help you or solve your issue. On the contrary, they just divert your query to the same local dealer and ask them to to get in touch with you, which in itself is an irony!

The customer care too will agree that the insurance & the accessories thing isn’t mandatory. But in the end, it’s all in the dealers hands and Kia simply don’t go against them.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 4th August 2023 at 11:17.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 11:32   #227
BHPian

Kia Seltos in US is in recall list. Hopefully Indian version doesnt have this thermal issue

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66402202
PreludeSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 14:45   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Pure up-selling. That is BS, they are just making use of the hype and demand they have at hand. If I were you, I would put my foot down and tell him I will wait, but not pay for unwanted accessories.

I did put my foot down and I have been told to wait till Diwali to get my car delivered. The only problem is we don't have a car now and there are 2-3 trips already planned in Diwali so I am stuck there as well.

Regarding a mail to KIA, I spoke to the customer care and all they did was give me the dealership manager's number and there's no point speaking to them as they have outright said to wait for the official waiting period or take accessories and insurance from them to get early delivery.
Old 4th August 2023, 14:49   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Kia Seltos in US is in recall list. Hopefully Indian version doesnt have this thermal issue

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66402202
Read this today morning and also in another thread and just want to say, the Koreans and Japanese manufacturers are equally having reliability issues as is our Indian brands Mahindra and Tata. But no one has been speaking about these. Truth is Tata and Mahindra are giving you safest vehicles but even some niggles have everyone talking about them being unreliable. Whereas Kia and Hyundai too have issues but people aren't speaking about them. Our Team-BHP has an entire thread of issues on Hyundai and Kia. Hope these issues don't crop up in India.
I too have booked a Seltos but I had no choice since my parking wasn't fitting cars bigger than Creta and Seltos. Otherwise would've taken XUV700.
Not denying Hyundai and Kia have brilliant cars and ASS but these issues too need to be highlighted as much as our Indian brands issues are highlighted
ssoni.1411 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 14:54   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone!!
Had a call with my SA and he was saying if I want early delivery it is compulsory to take insurance and accessories of 25k from them. Or else wait for normal waiting time of 3-4 months. We have an option of choosing accessories but we need to take it from them compulsorily of 25k which they have labelled as basic/essential kit and added in the price. Has anyone had a similar discussion?
Is this Autobahn Kia? My SA there says that they haven't received dispatches yet. I made it clear in the beginning that since I am buying overpriced Insurance from them consider that as your incentive and don't force accessories on me.
After this clarity, I think my car will be allocated last. I have been posting screenshots from this post saying that South India has already delivered vehicles and you guys are slow.
If this Autobahn is the same ownership as that of Autobahn Skoda, I have zero hopes of any ethics from them as the owner was a 'namcheen' person.
Maybe my Elevate booking will culminate faster and I will end up with the Elevate.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 14:58   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pure up-selling. That is BS, they are just making use of the hype and demand they have at hand. If I were you, I would put my foot down and tell him I will wait, but not pay for unwanted accessories.

Ask the dealer to give that in writing on their official letterhead. However I may add- for vehicles in demand, they may ask full payment before dispatch. If you can do that, they may dispatch the vehicle faster. This was my experience during my Creta purchase. The dealer said that if you make the full payment (loan disbursement+other sums) in advance, I can guarantee early delivery with tracking-which is what he did. I got my car just 12 days after full payment when the going waiting period was at least 3-4 months.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:00   #232
BHPian

I see folks having issues with insurance quote. This is what I did. I was told that taking insurance from outside is discouraged. That during claims they wont honor it immediately. And, I have to sign some undertaking for it during delivery. Not sure how any of this is legal. So, I talked to the insurance person from showroom directly. They quoted 75k. I asked I can get it outside for 35k. He explained the entire "package" it comes with. I felt most of it were useless - like engine fault coverage, keyloss coverage, personal accident coverage. I asked them to remove all the covers except zero dep cover and give me the quote. It came to 45k which is still higher than outside, still better than initial quote. I can always choose a different insurer next year. So, negotiate with your showroom's insurance person.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:02   #233
BHPian

Quote:
BH number plates are given to those who are either government employees or have their businesses and setup in more than 5 states. This was confirmed to be by both Hyundai and Kia Dealerships. It is one single country then why is there a criterion for a number plate?
Agree, but from my conversations with RTO agents I understand that this BH series number is 'predominantly' chosen by central government employees/RBI employees.
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:04   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Is this Autobahn Kia? My SA there says that they haven't received dispatches yet. I made it clear in the beginning that since I am buying overpriced Insurance from them consider that as your incentive and don't force accessories on me.
After this clarity, I think my car will be allocated last. I have been posting screenshots from this post saying that South India has already delivered vehicles and you guys are slow.
If this Autobahn is the same ownership as that of Autobahn Skoda, I have zero hopes of any ethics from them as the owner was a 'namcheen' person.
Maybe my Elevate booking will culminate faster and I will end up with the Elevate.
Yes this is Autobahn Kia, Worli. I have given them a date of October that is 2 months from now. But they have said the same thing that if you don't want accessories from us you will get the delivery in Diwali that is 3-4 months from now.
Autobahn Kia are starting deliveries next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Ask the dealer to give that in writing on their official letterhead. However I may add- for vehicles in demand, they may ask full payment before dispatch. If you can do that, they may dispatch the vehicle faster. This was my experience during my Creta purchase. The dealer said that if you make the full payment (loan disbursement+other sums) in advance, I can guarantee early delivery with tracking-which is what he did. I got my car just 12 days after full payment when the going waiting period was at least 3-4 months.
The problem is not Disbursement of payments. The problem is that Dealerships are pushing to get accessories and insurance from them for early or either wait for the official waiting period of 3-4 months even if you disburse entire amount

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
I see folks having issues with insurance quote. This is what I did. I was told that taking insurance from outside is discouraged. That during claims they wont honor it immediately. And, I have to sign some undertaking for it during delivery. Not sure how any of this is legal. So, I talked to the insurance person from showroom directly. They quoted 75k. I asked I can get it outside for 35k. He explained the entire "package" it comes with. I felt most of it were useless - like engine fault coverage, keyloss coverage, personal accident coverage. I asked them to remove all the covers except zero dep cover and give me the quote. It came to 45k which is still higher than outside, still better than initial quote. I can always choose a different insurer next year. So, negotiate with your showroom's insurance person.
The same insurance which dealerships provide, all the covers are provided outside as well for a discount of almost 25k-30k. So you can get everything covered which the dealership is offering outside for a discount.
But you will have to compromise on delivery since dealerships are pushing for insurance and accessories for early deliveries

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by graaja : 5th August 2023 at 12:52. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use "Edit" or "Mutiquote"
Old 4th August 2023, 16:07   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Agree, but from my conversations with RTO agents I understand that this BH series number is 'predominantly' chosen by central government employees/RBI employees.
BH number has been created specifically for government employees but it's incorrect that only government/RBI employees can use it.

The main thing that matters is the company you work for has offices in 3 or more locations in the country and they support all the requirements of getting a BH number. My friend just bought the Creta SX from Kolkata. He stays in Bangalore. He had to get a letter from his company regarding getting the BH series number.

Quote:
Of course both have their own set of pros but just a suggestion
Yeah. Even I think I will go for Ceramic coating as there is a lot of hard water in my society and the car cleaners are not that careful here with micro fibre cloth and stuff. No matter how much I try to guide him, there will be times when he will just use a normal cloth.

But I think what makes the most sense is going for a mix of both ceramic and ppf. Like I will most probably get my ORVMs covered with PPF. I can't count the number of times bikes, autos and random people walking on the road have hit my ORVMs of my current car. With the self healing property of the PPF, this would make the most sense hehe.
sumeetchawla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 16:47   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post

Yeah. Even I think I will go for Ceramic coating as there is a lot of hard water in my society and the car cleaners are not that careful here with micro fibre cloth and stuff. No matter how much I try to guide him, there will be times when he will just use a normal cloth.

But I think what makes the most sense is going for a mix of both ceramic and ppf. Like I will most probably get my ORVMs covered with PPF. I can't count the number of times bikes, autos and random people walking on the road have hit my ORVMs of my current car. With the self healing property of the PPF, this would make the most sense hehe.
Yes you can go for PPFs on places which are most prone to scratches like ORVMs, Bumper Corners, etc.
Old 6th August 2023, 00:54   #237
BHPian

The thread has gone silent.No updates for one day.Due to my budget limitations I am veering towards the hte imt diesel variant . I hope that this works out for me.
Timeline 1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 06:55   #238

The base variant is value for money go for it. Do post your ownership experiance.
Old 6th August 2023, 08:16   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
The thread has gone silent.No updates for one day.Due to my budget limitations I am veering towards the hte imt diesel variant . I hope that this works out for me.
We all share the same frustration. But fresh news from Kia India or the lack of it is the main reason for this thread going silent. Kia India has not given any clear explanations on k-code bookings or about how potential bookings did not go through because their website crashed and couldn’t handle under load. A lot of BHPians have contacted Kia India customer support and have received boilerplate responses. Kia India boasted 13,000+ bookings on day one. But that includes bookings converted from the pre-facelift model. This was confirmed by my dealer.

All in all we have a hot product, a silent manufacturer and useless k-code bookings.
true_sedan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 08:21   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
We all share the same frustration. But fresh news from Kia India or the lack of it is the main reason for this thread going silent. Kia India has not given any clear explanations on k-code bookings or about how potential bookings did not go through because their website crashed and couldn’t handle under load.
Exactly I got my booking done through k code on 14th July and guess the delivery date I get on my booking docket - 22 September. Booking through k code to get a waiting period of more than 2 months is a joke.
Mr Anderson is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks