Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2024, 23:20   #2371
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post

If the drivetrain is in Sports, the S mode of the transmission affects the shift points. It makes the upshifts happen much sooner in the lower gears instead of the engine pulling almost to redline in the 1st and 2nd gear which is unnecessary as there is barely any power in the top end of this engine and there is a lot of rev-hang when up-shifting after pulling till redline.
From what I understand the most desirable combination is then missing - light steering + assisted brake assist/ supreme acceleration.
Basically drivetrain Sports without the extremely artificially hard steering.
Old 8th June 2024, 00:14   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
From what I understand the most desirable combination is then missing - light steering + assisted brake assist/ supreme acceleration.
Basically drivetrain Sports without the extremely artificially hard steering.
To be honest, Sports mode is just not tuned well for the 1.5D. It over revs the engine plus the 1st-2nd-3rd gear of the TC are just too tall. You hit 80 in the mid range of the 3rd gear. And pushing this engine past 2.5k rpm is just horrible. Sounds like it is being tortured. Enough bad said about the 1.5D TC. God knows I have ranted enough about how unworthy of a combo it is on various posts.

Unpopular opinion: I like the heft that the Seltos steering has despite being an EPS. I hate how manufacturers are pushing towards lighter steerings. I hate the Creta and Venue steerings. Dont even get me started on the artificial abomination that the XUV700s steering is. Amazing car, shitty steering feel. You dont feel A SINGLE THING through the steering. How are you supposed to know what the wheels are doing? How does the car communicate to you?

Oh how I miss the old, electronically unassisted hydraulic steerings of old. Sometimes when it is me alone in the car, I make our driver sit to the side and get behind the wheel of our (primarily chauffer driven) Crysta myself. Even in a 2 tonne monster like the Crysta, loading up the front and taking a banked corner at 70 still puts a smile on my face feeling how much the car talks back through the pure steering. Dont get me started on how much i miss the steering feel of our 2012 Duster. My heart cried the day we sold that car last year.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2024 at 16:47. Reason: Minor spacing error
DCTfanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 20:21   #2373

Quote:
I forgot about that dial thing till I read this post again.
I use the gearbox S mode regularly, also feels more intuitive/faster to shift the stick to the right then look down and fiddle with that knob thing.
The surge in S mode is really something compared to the regular D mode.
So true!

Quote:
Does anyone else feel the Seltos IVT shakes a wee bit too much when shifting through P/R/N/D? It is like this in a friend's car bought a weeks after mine as well. (In fact, his is worse). Haven't seen this level of shake/ jerk in other cars except maybe Crysta/ Fortuner diesel.
I've experienced this too. I think this happens more, if you don't have your foot firmly on the break when shifting, and more in traffic / when the engine / transmission has been running for some time, and not so much with cold starts. I'm not sure what this could be attributed to though, let's hope it's not an indicator of some underlying issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
Based on a discussion with a senior technician from Kia
Thanks, for the detailed explanation. It does make sense based on the real world behaviour of the car. However, I think things are now a little different in terms of implementation. I tested it out in my drive today.

Flicking the transmission into S from D, puts the car in S mode, and then doesn't allow you to use the knob to put it in the "Sport" drive mode or "Eco". If you're in D, and first use the knob to go into the "Sport" mode, you can still put the car in S mode via the gear shift, and the mid display indicates both. If you're in "Eco" mode, the mid greys out the "Eco" (but still visible) and shifts the transmission display into S. (I'll add pictures later, to make it clearer.)

I didn't drive enough to be able to distinguish too much of a difference between the 3 drive modes with the addition of S transmission mode, but I did feel that with both the sport drive mode, and S engaged the steering weight remained higher as in the case of selecting only the sport drive mode.
Old 9th June 2024, 08:48   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post

So what are the options currently?
Consider hardwiring it, which will free up the lighter port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Do we have Walk Away Lock Feature in Seltos GTX+? Although I received my car yesterday and could not fiddle with all the options but could not find anywhere in the manual.

It doesn't come with that feature. In the XUV700, the handles pop up as you approach the SUV.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th June 2024 at 11:13. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 9th June 2024, 11:10   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
It doesn't come with that feature. In the XUV700, the handles pop up as you approach the SUV.
Off topic: This happens only with the top end AX7L variant. Other variants of xuv700 don't even get keyless entry and exit.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th June 2024 at 11:13. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
Old 9th June 2024, 15:26   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
Changed the halogen bulbs on my GTX+. I think these changes give it a more sophisticated look, especially considering all the other lights are LED.

These are the LEDs for the reverse lights. T15/W16W

Attachment 2607036

Rear left reverse light housing. Press on the grey tab on the connector and disconnect from the bulb holder. Unscrew the holder
Attachment 2607037

Halogen W16W bulb.
Attachment 2607038

Difference between LED and halogen output
Attachment 2607039

Attachment 2607040

Attachment 2607041

On the right rear, there's a plastic panel (I think for aerodynamic reasons). Remove the two clips....
Attachment 2607042

...And unscrew this plastic fastener at the top of the plastic panel.
Attachment 2607043

Do the same thing on this side.
Attachment 2607044

Both LEDs now
Attachment 2607045

For the plate lights, press on these two tabs with a plastic trim removal tool, or screwdriver in a cloth. The housing gets scratched easily. These are T10
Attachment 2607046

Both LEDs
Attachment 2607048

Also changed the luggage lamp light to the festoon LED. Use the same tools and gently pry from the bottom outwards.
Attachment 2607047
Thank you sir for the brilliant idea and detailed walkthrough.

Replaced my parking lights today. Others are yet to arrive but they are fairly easier comparatively.

Felt bit weird on Kia not giving cover on the left side.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240609_0915555562.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240609_0927263852.jpg
nkvyas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 19:39   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Off topic: This happens only with the top end AX7L variant. Other variants of xuv700 don't even get keyless entry and exit.
The AX7L handles dont pop out when approaching with the key. They only pop out when unlock is pressed either on the key or by pressing the flush door handle of the driver door as a request sensor.
DCTfanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 22:57   #2378
BHPian

Ride quality of Seltos has been discussed multiple times on the thread. One of the suggestions has been to reduce tyre pressure to ~ 32 or 33 PSI to make the ride plush (recommended being 35 PSI). I think it is a wrong approach and can cause more harm than good especially when driven on highways.
  • When the tyre pressure is low, it results in more surface contact with the road. Hence, tyre temperature increases rapidly, and could result in blowout. In fact, most of the tyre blowouts on highways occur due to under-inflated tyres.
  • The sidewalls swell more than they should, resulting in compromised handling and braking.
  • With more surface contact, the drag increases resulting in reduced fuel efficiency.
  • Tyre life also gets compromised due to excess wear and tear (again due to more surface contact).

There would be lot of scientific study and research done by the car manufacturer to arrive at the recommended tyre pressure for a given car. Note that the same sized tyre could have different recommended pressure ratings on different cars. Also, manufacturer would be well aware of the fact that tyre temperature and pressure would increase while driving on highways for long hours. Tyres are designed to handle that (as per the rating mentioned on the tyres).

While it might still be acceptable to reduce the pressure by a couple of PSI for city driving (although not recommended), it is a strict no-no for highway driving. Some cars have different recommended pressure for front vs rear tyres, normal load vs maximum load, etc. So, it is best to follow it as per the situation.

Coming to Kia Seltos, it seems that it is 35 PSI under all circumstances as specified in this link.
Ride quality of Seltos FL is far better than the first gen, as highlighted in the official review and testified by some of the esteemed members of the forum. So, it is better to stick to the recommended tyre pressure of 35 PSI and take precautions like slowing down on poor roads or speed breakers.
CarML is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 10:45   #2379
BHPian

Dear members,

I am looking for a dashcam for my Seltos (both front and rear). Any reviews or recommendations on the Qubo dashcam? Did any of you avail the installation service from them?

I do understand that this topic has been discussed earlier in this forum, but any suggestions including any other model is greatly appreciated (without voiding warranty). I am not a DIY person, so please suggest your recommended installation centre in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th June 2024, 10:50   #2380
BHPian

Hello,

A quick question to fellow BHPians - Did someone notice that ex-showroom price of Dual-tone variants is not mentioned separately on all portals including Kia's own. I tried searching for the 'Asterix' and fine-print in brochure or portal but couldn't find anything that mentions differential increase in price for the dual-tone variants.

Contrarily, Sonet's dual-tone variants are listed and priced differently on all portals.

Even Creta/Venue list them separately.

Am I missing something here?
Old 10th June 2024, 13:33   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarML View Post
One of the suggestions has been to reduce tyre pressure to ~ 32 or 33 PSI to make the ride plush (recommended being 35 PSI). I think it is a wrong approach and can cause more harm than good especially when driven on highways.
Coincidentally, I was discussing the same with my brother today morning. We have a 2019 Seltos about to go for annual service and we are contemplating if we should upgrade the suspension struts to the new FL spec. I tried turning the tyre pressure down; from 35psi to 32psi for the last 2 weeks. Massive difference. Gone are the sharp thuds, gone are the jarring shakes when passing over sharp undulations, a new suppleness and chushy-ness is added to the ride.

But the downsides are just as prominent.

The tyre looks visibly-underinflated, the sidewalls also look like they are bulging.

Steering feel has gotten heavier and more unnatural. Feedback has also reduced.

Braking feels stronger but inconsistent due to higher contact patch.

Fuel economy has taken the biggest hit. In the same scenario where i would get around 14kmpl consistently, I am not getting 12 kmpl. makes sense due to higher rolling resistance. The car also feels sluggish while accelerating and more eager to slow down when you let off throttle.

Power delivery also feels laggy and jerky now at slower speeds. Probably higher rolling resistance.

With an approx parts cost of 10-12k for all 4 hydrualic struts, it makes sense to just upgrade them on pre-FL Seltos than take safety and fuel economy hits like these.
DCTfanatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 08:08   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Hey! So as per Kia’s official training brochure for sales advisor, they indeed have done sone important structural changes. I shared it in another thread sometime back. Just sharing it here for reference. So sales advisors claiming about these changes are not entirely wrong.

Attachment 2484044

Now what remains to be seen is that are these changes good enough for a better crash test rating or just good enough changes to support the addition of the panoramic sunroof.

Let’s see what the test results are. But I would assume it’s still 3 and not keep my hopes high.
The graphic looks very close to the one for SP2 platform that sells in other geographies. Are we sure it's the one for SP2i platform sold in India?
Old 11th June 2024, 11:43   #2383

I'm looking for some advice on whether I should get my car repaired at the service center or go to an independent mechanic. The company has quoted me 15,000 rupees for the repairs, which include repainting all three panels as a whole.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240611_105819.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240611_105813.jpg
Old 11th June 2024, 12:05   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Dear members,

I am looking for a dashcam for my Seltos (both front and rear). Any reviews or recommendations on the Qubo dashcam? Did any of you avail the installation service from them?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I recently grabbed a Qubo Pro X from amazon in a good deal @ 2.4k. Since it was a front only equipment, I got the wires concealed from a nearby shop as Qubo was quoting 700-800 for installation. The quality of dascham is decent (1080p) and serves the basic purpose.

Hope this helps.
Alphaseal6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 14:24   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakyblinder7 View Post
I'm looking for some advice on whether I should get my car repaired at the service center or go to an independent mechanic. The company has quoted me 15,000 rupees for the repairs, which include repainting all three panels as a whole.
Depends on how you would like to keep your car - near stock state or visually little difference. If the former, go in for KIA repair service. Understandably, because of large overhead costs, their bill will be higher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks