Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 09:04   #2326
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hello all,

2. Enter the idea. I tweaked the equalizer setting on my phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra) in the settings option to a custom EQ...
Thanks for this valuable advice. It seems iphone doesn't have a "custom" eq setting but there are pre-build ones that I am going to tamper with and see which one sounds better.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd May 2024 at 11:12. Reason: Trimmed quote.
jazzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 12:05   #2327
BHPian

Fellow Seltos owners; I've been looking to install the factory welcome lights in my car for a similar output that is seen in the Carens:

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-kia-welcome-light.jpeg

I spoke with my dealer and apparently they've already tried it on the Seltos but the light sensor is not turning the light off when the doors are closed. The technician says that the design of the Seltos door vs the Carens door may be a cause of this issue, probably a large gap between the bottom of the door card and the lower trim or body panel.

Has anyone else inquired about this accessory?
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 14:15   #2328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
Fellow Seltos owners; I've been looking to install the factory welcome lights in my car for a similar output that is seen in the Carens:

Has anyone else inquired about this accessory?
This is not a standard accessory for Seltos as per Kia website. If you are trying to retrofit Carens fitments, these may not work perfectly always. Maybe your dealer is trying to palm off something hoping that it will work.
Old 24th May 2024, 19:48   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

4. Solved problem by adding a routine to automate use of this EQ. You may see the screen shot below.
Attachment 2608532

Attachment 2608533

5. I think I enjoy the audio better now. Only downside is that in the HU, I have to keep a higher volume level. This is expected since I pulled down some frequencies in the EQ. Note - I prefer the pleasing sound signature of JBL and hence prefer "u" shaped sound signature. Hence did the same. You may have a different preference.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

I tried the same with my Samsung S20 FE. I created two routines - one for Android Auto On (Equalizer set to Rock) and another for Android Auto Off (Equalizer set to Normal). But the equalizer mode did not change when Android Auto got connected.
Old 25th May 2024, 07:00   #2330
BHPian

Yesterday I drove to Kotagiri, weather was around 19 degrees which is not even coldest by ooty's standard and also it was raining lightly. I noticed fogging in both headlights which are in stock condition, is this something normal or should I push for replacement under warranty?.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240524_141059.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240524_141109.jpg  

Old 25th May 2024, 10:37   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
But the equalizer mode did not change when Android Auto got connected.
Should be one of those awkward moments where android lets you down. I too had the same issue the first time I tried, but once it worked, it works everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
I noticed fogging in both headlights which are in stock condition, is this something normal or should I push for replacement under warranty?
I too noticed this last weekend. It was really hot and started raining here in Kerala. Fogging was much more than this, on the GTX + headlamp (specifically indicator). I too am unsure if I need to ask for a resolution as it soon went off.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 18:58   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I drove to Kotagiri, weather was around 19 degrees which is not even coldest by ooty's standard and also it was raining lightly. I noticed fogging in both headlights which are in stock condition, is this something normal or should I push for replacement under warranty?.
All cars come with vents in the back of the headlights for some cooling so condensation/fogging is normal. However it should be temporary and should go away after a few minutes. You can push for warranty if it persists.
blogslogger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 12:24   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too noticed this last weekend. It was really hot and started raining here in Kerala. Fogging was much more than this, on the GTX + headlamp (specifically indicator). I too am unsure if I need to ask for a resolution as it soon went off.
Quote:
I noticed fogging in both headlights which are in stock condition, is this something normal or should I push for replacement under warranty?.
Fogging is normal when it rains. What is not normal is the fog persisting when the car is resting and after certain time interval of driving.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 18:27   #2334

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Seltos Diesel AT Mileage

This is the best mileage I could attain out of Seltos Diesel AT so far: 24.5 km/l. Last night, I drove from Hyderabad to Nizamabad. Thanks to the Holi, there was less traffic on the highway and in the city limits of Hyderabad. 2 adults and 1 kid, along with full luggage in the boot. Tyres were set to 31psi
That's really good. I keep Tyre pressure at 34psi and got mileage of 26kmpl ( mileage figures on the MID console) on Pune to Mumbai Expressway for my Seltos Diesel AT; had started early in the morning at 7am and the traffic flow was smooth throughout.
CJ78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 20:42   #2335
src
BHPian

Delivery of Intense Red GTX+ DCT

Finally getting my Intense Red delivered tomorrow.
This is a May-24 manufactured Car.
So I am a rare individual getting a May manufactured car delivered in May itself.
This is a Petrol GTX+ DCT

Do we need to pay any subscription fees for MyKIA App or comes free initially.
Guess they will activate the same tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240523-12.46.08.jpeg  

Last edited by src : 28th May 2024 at 20:44. Reason: Typo
src is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 22:32   #2336

Re: Delivery of Intense Red GTX+ DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Finally getting my Intense Red delivered tomorrow.
This is a May-24 manufactured Car.
So I am a rare individual getting a May manufactured car delivered in May itself.
Congratulations on your new car! I am getting my May manufactured X-Line delivered Friday, 31st May too
Sidix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 09:39   #2337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! Welcome to the club.

The subscription is free for initial 3 years.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 15:43   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new car. With you many happy miles.

Because I'm pedantic, MyKIA is free (and pretty pointless most of the time). The connected car tech is found on the KIA Connect app and that, like 07CR mentioned, is free for the first 3 years.

Don't expect activation on the day of delivery itself. The car details need to be sent by the dealership to Kia's systems before it gets activated. This can take a few days. In my case it took a week or so because the dealer was a bum.
arcanec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 16:07   #2339

Hi BHPians

I just booked my Seltos GTX plus Diesel AT - Black.

I have been assigned a car of Mgf year - Jan 2024

Since, it's almost June 2024 - Should I be concerned about anything?

I was offered a 40k discount on it as well.

Look forward to your comments. Thanks in advance!
Old 30th May 2024, 17:20   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rronbhp789 View Post
Hi BHPians

I just booked my Seltos GTX plus Diesel AT - Black.

I have been assigned a car of Mgf year - Jan 2024

Since, it's almost June 2024 - Should I be concerned about anything?
For cars manufactured between Dec'23 and Jan/Feb'24, KIA had removed certain features from GTX+ such as one touch up/down for all windows, backlight on door buttons, UV cut glass etc. I may be missing 1 or 2 other features which were removed. You may look up this thread itself as I remember folks who bought cars in Jan'24 had highlighted this.

For me, the one touch up/down feature is not really a deal breaker, but the UV cut glass definitely is. In the ongoing extreme hot weather in NCR, the UV cut glass has actually helped keep things relatively cool inside the cabin.

If I was in your position, I would not go for Jan'24 piece, rather wait if required and go for the one made in Apr'24 or later.

Good luck.

P.S. Kia brought back some/or all of those features in GTX+, I think from Feb'24 onwards.

Last edited by GTX+ : 30th May 2024 at 17:26.
GTX+ is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks