Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2024, 17:49   #2281
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Anyone got PPF done on their Kia Seltos? My white Seltos is due for delivery soon and I’m planning to get PPF done. Hearing mixed reviews about how long it will last though. Planning to keep the car for around 7-8 years.

3M quoted around 1.2l I think, and I was planning on going with them. 7 years warranty. There’s also Lumar with 10 year warranty, but it costs over 1.5l
Old 5th May 2024, 00:01   #2282
BHPian

Lot of members here, including me have PPF on our Seltos. However, I don't think anyone of us who owns a white Seltos has gone for PPF.

Generally it is said that PPF is not so much required on white cars because scratches and swirl marks are not so easily noticeable and secondly some PPF films tend to get yellowish with age/wear & tear and that ruins the overall look of the car.

Instead you may want to opt for ceramic coating. It will also be a lot cheaper compared to PPF. A lot of detailers whom I had spoken to had said the same thing.

Having said that, obv the final choice is yours. My only advice would be to speak to as many detailers as you can and specifically ask them about PPF need on white cars, without telling them that yours will be white

Good luck.

Last edited by GTX+ : 5th May 2024 at 00:07.
GTX+ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 11:30   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
A bit confused now. If the system cannot bring the temp down or up automatically depending on the outside weather and one needs to manually 'set' the temperature, what's automatic about it? Only the fan speed is automatically adjusted?
View the “set” temperature as the target temperature, not as the current compressor’s temperature.

I think you expect the current temperature to be shown on the display where it goes to the lowest when you start and gradually comes up to the set temperature as the cabin cools down.

That is taken care by the ACC and not displayed incrementally. What you see is the preferred temperature and the ACC will do whatever it needs to do to bring the vehicle to the preferred temperature as quickly as possible behind the scenes.
careind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 16:02   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Could anyone please confirm if Kia has deleted the UV gut (green tinted) glass from the March/ April manufactured Seltos?
Also, are the one-touch and anti pinch windows still missing from the HTX+?
UV cut glasses are removed from Mar 24 manufactured cars. The SA.says this is new trim.Later cancelled the booking and scouted for dealers with early 24 manufactured cars which have these UV cut glass and finally reserved one. I am still clueless on the PW backlit switches as some say these are removed and these trims are confusing.
Old 5th May 2024, 17:54   #2285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Traffic info on the native map is as good as, if not better than, Google Maps. The reason why traffic info is comparable is that while consumers like us use Google Maps (which feeds traffic data to Google), logistics firms & e-commerce/courier companies use MapMyIndia commercial API (which feeds MapMyIndia's traffic data) because maps API for these companies is cheaper with MMI. And any traffic data is only as good as the data supplied by users. In this case, it is comparable (at least, when I compared it in Bangalore)

Unfortunately, there's no way to reduce the horn volume for lock/unlock function. You can only Turn Off or Turn On this feature.

To Turn Off Honk on Lock/Unlock:

Press & Hold the Lock & Unlock buttons simultaneously on your key fob when you are near your car. The car will flash it's blinkers 5 times to acknowledge that it has received the command to turn off honk for lock/unlock.

If you want to Turn the Honking back ON, just repeat the same process again.
Can you tell me how exactly advanced the tesla you rode is compared to your seltos?
Old 6th May 2024, 11:41   #2286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
UV cut glasses are removed from Mar 24 manufactured cars. The SA.says this is new trim.Later cancelled the booking and scouted for dealers with early 24 manufactured cars which have these UV cut glass and finally reserved one. I am still clueless on the PW backlit switches as some say these are removed and these trims are confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Could anyone please confirm if Kia has deleted the UV gut (green tinted) glass from the March/ April manufactured Seltos?
Also, are the one-touch and anti pinch windows still missing from the HTX+?
Not sure of UV cut glasses, but the one touch auto up down is available atleast for current cars, starting from HTX variant.

This can be checked on this page- https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...are-trims.html
Old 7th May 2024, 14:34   #2287
BHPian

Has anyone installed dascham yourself in Seltos FL? If yes, please share DIY tutorial/ tips.
Old 7th May 2024, 18:45   #2288
BHPian

I have completed 1200kms on my Seltos GTX+ which was delivered less than a month ago. Have gone on some long drives, hill stations, etc, and absolutely loved driving the car in all sorts of roads. Especially on highways, I never felt the speed has crossed 120, till it started to beep continuously. On a stretch of empty road, it was surprising how stable and in control it felt even at such high speeds. In my old Honda City, it used to feel as if the vehicle was reaching its limits. When I was driving a manual transmission car, I was under the impression that Automatics don't shift properly during overtake maneuvers and may feel underpowered in such situations. But I was totally wrong! This beast gives as much power as you need in any situation even in Eco mode. Overtakes were always super smooth.

Some niggles I found if I want to nitpick:
1. The "Consider taking a break" pops up in unexpected scenarios and is annoying. It popped up once during my 15-minute drive to work and sometimes it popped up just after I had taken a break as well.
2. The parcel tray in the boot makes more noise at bumpy rides. It does not fit sturdily and keeps making a rattling noise quite often.
3. Bad bumpy roads make it uncomfortable for the rear seat passengers when compared to Honda City, because of the suspension tuning and 18" wheels.
4. Sometimes the downshifts when climbing up the road are very evident with sudden higher rpms. The passengers were asking what happened when it downshifted suddenly. But it may be because I am still getting used to the pedal manipulation since I have moved to Automatic from Manual.
5. Even in Eco mode, I managed to get only 13.2kmpl in highways. I was cruising mostly around 90-100kmph occasionally touching 120kmph 3-4 times over the span of 3-4 hours. Maybe I still need to learn a driving pattern to cruise which would give me a better mileage.
6. The "since refueling" mileage calculator was not accurate. When I calculated manually using the full-tank to the full-tank method, it was actually lesser mileage than what was being indicated in the console.
7. Even the estimated distance indicator is not reliable. It was showing an estimated 750km after I refueled to a full tank, but what I actually got was around 550-600 km.
8. Also, in my Honda City, after the estimated distance remaining with the current fuel level became zero, I could still drive for around 35-50 km usually, which indicated around 5L of petrol left. But in Seltos, I refueled after the estimated distance became zero exactly, and I had to fill 49.2L of petrol then! Since the fuel tank is of only 50L capacity, it is very risky if we wait till the remaining distance becomes around 0km and you are not able to find a petrol bunk.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th June 2024 at 06:21. Reason: Rule #11
MalnadMansha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 19:30   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
Also, in my Honda City, after the estimated distance remaining with the current fuel level became zero, I could still drive for around 35-50 km usually, which indicated around 5L of petrol left. But in Seltos, I refueled after the estimated distance became zero exactly, and I had to fill 49.2L of petrol then! Since the fuel tank is of only 50L capacity, it is very risky if we wait till the remaining distance becomes around 0km and you are not able to find a petrol bunk
Never allow the fuel levels to go so low. Always try to refuel when the level drops to around 15-20% of the tank capacity. Not doing so frequently may result in premature failures of the fuel pump.
Torque123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 22:28   #2290
BHPian

It is a good practice not to allow too low levels of fuel in the tank as the residues at the bottom of the tank (not in a new vehicle) tend to get sucked in the fuel supply system. This can harm the the fuel supply as well as the engine.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 12:38   #2291

Anyone knows how to fix this issue with KIA Connect app?

When I open the KIA connect app on Android mobile, a web page opens & asks me to sign-in, even after putting the ID & password>> sign in does not happen & the same page pops up again.

Tried resetting the password with no luck :(

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th May 2024 at 20:09. Reason: typos
sonulives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 15:24   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Can you tell me how exactly advanced the tesla you rode is compared to your seltos?
We are digressing here. But in Teslas, the radar can detect not only the cars ahead, but also to the sides & behind. You touch the indicator stalk & the car changes lane automatically, centers you in the lane & drives. In addition, you would have noticed that on steep curves, Seltos (or any other ADAS equipped car), struggles to keep the car centered as there isn't enough torque available on the steering wheel for the lane keep assist. However, Tesla didn't have any trouble keeping the car in the center of the lane even in sharpest curved roads.

Also, Tesla's algorithm is very good in recognising whether the vehicle ahead is a car, truck or a motorcycle and act accordingly.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th May 2024 at 20:09. Reason: typos
Desi Dybuk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 07:28   #2293

Good morning,

I found an issue. My sunroof is not closing completely. It is closing but not completely. I don't remember how it was before, it is not seating completely. Is this normal?

Mine is Seltos 2024 make GTX+ Diesel. Just 2 days back saw this issue. Called the service centre, took the car there. The service person told we have to program the sunroof. They did a reset, but still it didn't solve the issue. Few other guys came and they were not so knowledgeable in the process, they called someone for information, he told to press and tighten the screws. They then took the car inside and I waited for 30 minutes.

Then he came and said that this is normal. He took me to another vehicle, similar model and showed that it also looks same. Yes in that car also the sunroof is a little lifted. I don't clearly remember how it was before, but I think it was flat. I have a fear that a gap is there and may let water to seep in during rain and washing.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this normal? Kindly help me with this. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240507_143908.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240507_143912.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240507_143918.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240509_135038.jpg  

Old 10th May 2024, 11:01   #2294
Senior - BHPian

I guess that's how its been designed. There is small step in mine as well. But I regularly was my car and even the top glass with pressure wash. No water ever seeps in. You could try the same with by pouring water in that area and check if water is seeping inside the cabin. Open the curtain and then try touching the glass from inside.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240510-10.58.15-am-1.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240510-10.58.15-am.jpeg  

Last edited by 07CR : 10th May 2024 at 11:02.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 14:09   #2295
src
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

What is covered in My Convenience Plus Plan costing around 47k INR.
Understand the Extended Warranty of 24k INR but how many years it covers.

What is default warranty and what is additional since I am not getting right answers from dealer.

Just booked a Seltos GTX+ DCT in Kolkata and plan to take it back to Bangalore this month end.
Keeping my trusted 3.2 years City ZX CVT clocked 60000 Kms for my parents in Kolkata.

After doing some TDs across Seltos / Creta / Taigun / Hyryder / Elevate narrowed down to Seltos but missing the sedan comfort and luggage space.

Came from Bangalore last week in City and with mileage of 16.3 kmpl and average speed of 73 kmph am not sure how Seltos will fare against City, honestly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks