Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2024, 17:56   #2236
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post

Also, sometime back, a member asked if there was a way to send destination location to the car's native map since it uses Here Maps POI database. I found that in the Kia Connect app, if you go to Maps, you can search for a POI or input a Lattitude & Longitude (which you can copy from Google Maps) & send that location to the car.
It was me who was wishing for that feature. I didn't quite understand what you said about co-ordinates, can you please elaborate on how to send the location to native maps? Thanks.

Quote:

Question: Is there a way to get Adaptive Guidelines for the Front Camera like it is for Back Camera? Even Maruti Baleno has adaptive lines for both Back & Front Cameras.
There is, but I don't remember the path to it on the system. I'll try to get that screen picture for you when I can.
Old 15th April 2024, 18:32   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
It was me who was wishing for that feature. I didn't quite understand what you said about co-ordinates, can you please elaborate on how to send the location to native maps? Thanks.
Mind you, it's a bit complicated to send the locations by Lat & Long co-ordinates.

Your best bet is to search the location in the Kia Connect App:

Open Kia Connect App > Select the Map tab at the bottom bar. > Type out the name of the Restaurant, Location etc. If it is in the Here Maps database, you'll see it in the drop down database. Once you find the location, click on it & you can use the 'Send to Car' button to send the location to car. This is the Easiest way.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415181112.png
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415181044.png

Now, if it so happens that the location is in Google Maps but not on the native map. Then, you need to do this.

Option 1 Desktop (Easy):

1. Go to Google Maps in any browser.
  2. Right Click on the Destination on the maps & you'll get the Lat & Long Co-ordinates
  3. Copy these & send it to your mobile via SMS or Whatsapp
  4. Copy the Lat & Long co-ordinates into the Kia Connect's Map search box.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20240415-6.19.268239pm.png
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415180739.png

Option 2 Mobile (Slightly Difficult)
  1. Open Google Maps on your mobile
  2. Place your finger on the destination location to drop a Pin. The Latitude & Longitude co-ordinates appear there. (If they don't appear, then clear the search box in the Map & retry)
  3. Now, Google Maps doesn't allow you to copy the coordinates. So, you can go the App Switcher & copy the Latitude & Longitudes from that screen. (This is possible on the Google Pixel but I am not sure if it is possible on other brands)
  4. Paste this Latitude & Longitude co-ordinates into the Map searchbox on Kia Connect app & 'Send to Car'.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415180623.png
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415180714-1.png
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415180623-1.png  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415180714.png  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415180739-1.png  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240415181104.png  

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 15th April 2024 at 18:34.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 20:04   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Mind you, it's a bit complicated to send the locations by Lat & Long co-ordinates.
Great, thankyou for the detailed guidance. It's good that we are able to copy/paste the coordinates (my Samsung phone allows to copy the Google coordinates easily). Unfortunately, the exact location is still is not available and it only shows somewhere close by (probably due to the limited decimals values in the coordinates). Nevertheless, it's good to know that we can still find coordinates in the native maps.
Old 15th April 2024, 20:12   #2239
BHPian

For those who use the default navigation app, is the route based on live traffic as accurate as Google maps?

Is there a way to reduce the horn volume when we lock/unlock the car?
Old 15th April 2024, 21:20   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
For those who use the default navigation app, is the route based on live traffic as accurate as Google maps?
Traffic info on the native map is as good as, if not better than, Google Maps. The reason why traffic info is comparable is that while consumers like us use Google Maps (which feeds traffic data to Google), logistics firms & e-commerce/courier companies use MapMyIndia commercial API (which feeds MapMyIndia's traffic data) because maps API for these companies is cheaper with MMI. And any traffic data is only as good as the data supplied by users. In this case, it is comparable (at least, when I compared it in Bangalore)

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no way to reduce the horn volume for lock/unlock function. You can only Turn Off or Turn On this feature.

To Turn Off Honk on Lock/Unlock:

Press & Hold the Lock & Unlock buttons simultaneously on your key fob when you are near your car. The car will flash it's blinkers 5 times to acknowledge that it has received the command to turn off honk for lock/unlock.

If you want to Turn the Honking back ON, just repeat the same process again.

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 15th April 2024 at 21:23.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 21:23   #2241
BHPian

Quote:

I find the native map App unusable. It does not recognise major four lane roads in Delhi, gives confusing directions, does not use live traffic data, does not recognise major landmarks in Delhi. I have stopped using it and use Google Maps via wireless dongle.

You can only mute (or unmute) the horn but not the volume. To mute it press simultaneously both the lock and unlock buttons on the key for 4 seconds. Same for unmuting.
SeniorC is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 10:42   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Traffic info on the native map is as good as, if not better than, Google Maps. The reason why traffic info is comparable is that while consumers like us use Google Maps (which feeds traffic data to Google), logistics firms & e-commerce/courier companies use MapMyIndia commercial API (which feeds MapMyIndia's traffic data) because maps API for these companies is cheaper with MMI. And any traffic data is only as good as the data supplied by users. In this case, it is comparable (at least, when I compared it in Bangalore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
I find the native map App unusable. It does not recognise major four lane roads in Delhi, gives confusing directions, does not use live traffic data, does not recognise major landmarks in Delhi. I have stopped using it and use Google Maps via wireless dongle.
For me, the only benefit of using default navigation is that there would be a shortcut screen from the right, where it displays current radio stations, Sports live scores, etc. In Android auto, it just shows Maps and music player.. Wish there was an option to see live scores/radio stations in Android auto as well.
Old 17th April 2024, 00:02   #2243
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have a Black HTX. Need your views on wrapping the rear bumper's Silver component as highlighted in the image below. I somehow feel it doesnt complements the bumper and body tone.

Some suggestions please?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240120wa0009.jpg  

Last edited by Alphaseal6 : 17th April 2024 at 00:04.
Old 17th April 2024, 10:49   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a Black HTX. Need your views on wrapping the rear bumper's Silver component as highlighted in the image below. I somehow feel it doesnt complements the bumper and body tone.

Some suggestions please?
I plastidipped the tail lamps and the part you've highlighted a few days back as an experimental project. I will visit a detailer to have everything wrapped in black - rear & front bumper silver garnish, chrome grill, chrome surround on headlights, and chrome on windows.
Should cost at least 3-4K at a reasonable shop I believe. Alternatively, if you have a few hours and good art & craft skills, you can plasti dip everything yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-image_67165697.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-image_123650291.jpeg  

rayjaycleoful is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 12:19   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I plastidipped the tail lamps and the part you've highlighted a few days back as an experimental project. I will visit a detailer to have everything wrapped in black - rear & front bumper silver garnish, chrome grill, chrome surround on headlights, and chrome on windows.
Should cost at least 3-4K at a reasonable shop I believe. Alternatively, if you have a few hours and good art & craft skills, you can plasti dip everything yourself.
Wow, it looks dope and more badass now !

I will surely give it a try. Are you satisfied with the finish, look and feel?
Alphaseal6 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 09:01   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Question: Is there a way to get Adaptive Guidelines for the Front Camera like it is for Back Camera? Even Maruti Baleno has adaptive lines for both Back & Front Cameras.
Not sure if you were referring to these - for the front guide lines in the camera screen, go to settings and check the second item.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240418_081519.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240418_081535.jpg
Old 18th April 2024, 10:13   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
1. Have observed that the passenger window glass is still operable even when the button to control the glass operation is locked on the driver side control panel. Is it expected behaviour?
This is how it is set up.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th April 2024 at 19:31. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 18th April 2024, 18:26   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Congratulations to the new owners @sunilkarkt and @Desi Dybuk.

Hi all - Have a couple of questions

1. Have observed that the passenger window glass is still operable even when the button to control the glass operation is locked on the driver side control panel. Is it expected behaviour?

Yes. All new Hyundai-Kia cars have this quirk. First noticed this in my 2021 i20 N Line and thought it was quite odd. And it exists in my 2024 Seltos as well.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th April 2024 at 19:32.
Old 18th April 2024, 22:29   #2249
BHPian

Hi everyone -

I have recently taken delivery of the kia seltos top end GTX plus model. I have kept the front collision breaking disabled to avoid someone ramming my car from behind until I get used to the breaking applied by the ADAS system.

However, If I want to use the adaptive cruise control, should the front collision breaking be activated or does the system automatically enable the front collision breaking if the adaptive cruise control is active?

Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 22:43   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi everyone -

I have recently taken delivery of the kia seltos top end GTX plus model. I have kept the front collision breaking disabled to avoid someone ramming my car from behind until I get used to the breaking applied by the ADAS system.

However, If I want to use the adaptive cruise control, should the front collision breaking be activated or does the system automatically enable the front collision breaking if the adaptive cruise control is active?

Thanks
Congratulations on your purchase.

There's no dependency of SCC on front collision auto braking. You can run SCC and turn off the other one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks