Old 10th April 2024, 19:05   #2221

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
First things first: ADAS isn't for you if you are the sort who weaves in & out of lanes on highways without signalling & shadowing other vehicles closely. And it isn't for you if you drive like our notorious Bangalore Auto Annas without discipline. If you are, you are better off turning off ADAS because sooner or later, you are going to get yourself in trouble in real hurry.
Congratulations for the beauty you bought. I couldn't agree with you more.

I used to be the one who would weave in and out of lanes and switched off ADAS because I experienced harsh braking by ADAS on 2 seperate occasions within 15 days of buying my Seltos X-line 6AT. I kept it off for 15 days before trying to give it a go once again.

And now more than 7 months later, I can never go back to driving a car without ADAS. My driving etiquettes have changed so much as I tried to adapt my driving so as to not hear any warnings and beeps by the car's ADAS system. And it's been months since ADAS actually had to apply brakes on my behalf and driving safely, sedately and in a relaxed manner now comes naturally to me.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 10th April 2024 at 19:07.
Mr Anderson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 19:26   #2222

Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
Finally, I took delivery of my Seltos GTX Plus DCT Imperial Blue color. The buying experience with PPS Kia was hassle-free. Coming from a Polo TDI manual, size of this car will take some time to get used to in the traffic and my cramped basement parking, but the 360-degree camera and sensors all around the vehicle are godsend. I have switched off forward collision assist for now.

Attachment 2592847

Accessories opted for: 3D Mats, Boot Mat, Rear Sunshade, Key Cover. I have also purchased 70 mai A400 dual channel dash cam from amazon.

I also opted for my convenience plus luxury pack, which covers service costs (50,000km), a 5-year (3+2) extended warranty (120,000 km), and 5-year roadside assistance.

Requirements :
1.Automatic. I have had enough fun with a manual car for 7 years. Considering the ever-worsening Bengaluru traffic, this was non-negotiable.
2.Powerful petrol engine—my running has reduced, and I barely take out my car apart from native trips once every two months. So petrol made obvious sense. I don’t have the patience to put up with DPF issues. Ev’s are out of question due to lack of support at my apartment and lack of options below 25L.
3.SUV: Bad roads in my native and humongous-sized road brakes pretty much ruled out sedans.
4.Good after-sales support.

Cars considered:
1.XUV 700: Too big and out of my budget.
2.Tata Harrier: Facelift is expensive, and Tata’s horror stories with ASA didn’t help.
3.Scorpio N: Again, too big for my needs. Also, front suspension failure issues worried me, as my usage will be mainly highway.
4.Taigun and Kushaq: They are not suitable for 3 people in the back; too pricey for what they offer. They have massively downgraded interior material, fit, and finish in the 2.0 model cars (my 7-year-old Polo had better quality, and that cost 10L OTR). I didn’t feel the asking price (24.5 lakh OTR in Bengaluru) was justified. The VW service experience while owning a polo was hit or miss.
5.MG Hector: The new front grille design is not my cup of tea.
6.Creta N Line: I liked the car, but it is almost 1.5L more than the Seltos GTX Plus in Bengaluru. I didn’t feel that the additional cost was worth it considering both cars are 95% the same. Family liked how the Seltos looked, and all of us felt the interior quality is better in Seltos compared to Creta.

I'm happy with my purchase decision, Hopefully I'll have wonderful time with it as I'm planning to keep it for 8-10years.
Congratulations on the new car! Even yesterday I was pondering whether to go for black or blue, since black looks so good, and finally decided on blue. You have echoed my thoughts in every sentence almost, as to why I decided to go for Seltos! My Seltos will be delivered on Friday hopefully!

Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Rear side, just above the left tail pipe, there seems to be some scuff marks. (Assuming it's not a reflection). Hope this was captured in PDI.
I asked them to send another pic today and looks like there was a small smudge since it was not properly cleaned. It was fine in the pic shared today. Thanks for pointing it out!

Finally I took delivery of my Kia Seltos X Line Petrol DCT last week. This is my first car purchase for myself in over 12 years & is joining my stable of 2011 Hyundai Verna Fluidic (very reliable & not a single issue in over 12 years and 1.9 lakh kms). Delivery experience was seamless with PPS Kia on Mysore Road in Bangalore. (Although, I have purchased cars like Fiat Linea & Maruti Baleno for my dad & Maruti Baleno for my spouse over the years, this is my first car purchase for myself in 12 years)

Attachment 2592967

I had booked my car via Acko Drive & didn't visit the dealership till PDI! I am going to write a separate post on the comedy of errors & frustration that was Acko Drive. (TLDR: Avoid services like Acko Drive & save yourself the stress)

Before delivery, I confirmed that the model was a 2024 manufactured on (by checking the 10th digit of VIN as R) and the month of manufacturing was Feb 2024 by checking the VIN number under the front seat which had -B stamped on the sheet metal after VIN.

Attachment 2592968

I have driven 690 kms so far now since I drove to my native for Ugadi festival. Before purchasing the car, I was thinking that ADAS would be useful, marginally at the max, on the highways. Now having driven the vehicle on both highways & city streets, I am a convert to the logic of ADAS.

First things first: ADAS isn't for you if you are the sort who weaves in & out of lanes on highways without signalling & shadowing other vehicles closely. And it isn't for you if you drive like our notorious Bangalore Auto Annas without discipline. If you are, you are better off turning off ADAS because sooner or later, you are going to get yourself in trouble in real hurry.

Now, I consider myself a very sedate driver & I am someone who likes to stick by rules. Having driven in lots of countries, I am a strong believer of defensive driving. If it takes someone 45 minutes to get from point A to point B, I would rather spend additional 15 minutes extra & arrive safely by following rules of the road. (I get made fun of by my friends on this, but I am least bothered). The last ADAS equipped vehicle I drove was a Tesla in US & KIA's limited system was comparable for the feature set it offers (of course, Tesla is much much more advanced).

So, I drove the 430kms between Bangalore & Dharwad for the Ugadi festival & I kid you not, it was the most relaxing drive I have ever had. This was the method I followed;
  1. I would select the middle lane & the Seltos would recognise the lane lines & ADAS would keep the car centered in the lane.
  2. I never took my hand off the steering wheel & would give a light tug on the steering wheel once in a while.
  3. I set Smart Cruise Control to 90 or 95 (I never drive over 95 on India roads unless it's an expressway) & would camp happily in the center lane. If there was a slow-moving truck, I would put the blinkers on, move over to the next lane, let ADAS pick up the lane lines & then let Seltos handle the drive.
  4. If I wanted to make a lane change, the lane departure & blind-spot monitor worked perfectly. The forward radar also worked beautifully & I kept the distance to the vehicle ahead to the shortest possible distance.
  5. Even in the city, I drive sedately & I don't shadow people. ADAS is unintrusive. I haven't turned off any of the ADAS features even in city.

Attachment 2592969
Attachment 2592970
Attachment 2592971

In short, if you are a rule following driver, ADAS will make your drive a lot less stressful & will make you a better driver.

Attachment 2592973

On a very interesting sidenote: My very first car I bought with my own money was a Kia Sephia in US when I was a student there. While all other Desis went for Toyotas or Hondas with 6-digit miles, I bought a 3-year-old Kia Sephia with hardly 31,000 miles on it & with full warranty left for another 2-3 years from a disgruntled husband who was selling his ex-wife's car. During those days, Kia & Hyundai were considered very poorly in US.

That little Kia served me loyally for few years till I totalled it on Houston freeway. And because of how trouble-free my experience with the Kia Sephia was, I have only bought Korean cars across continents since then; Hyundai Accent, Hyundai Azera, Hyundai Verna & now a Kia Sephia. Goes to show how much initial impressions last a lifetime.
Congratulations on the new car! I so wanted to go for the X-line, but the home minister vetoed it. Every time I look at it, makes me think I should have gone for it. Did you get PPF/Graphene/Ceramic coating done? Hope it retains this glow for years.
MalnadMansha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:42   #2223

Congratulations to the new owners @sunilkarkt and @Desi Dybuk.

Hi all - Have a couple of questions

1. Have observed that the passenger window glass is still operable even when the button to control the glass operation is locked on the driver side control panel. Is it expected behaviour?
2. I'm connecting my phone via Bluetooth (not Android auto) with Google maps and with radio running in the background - the radio doesn't resume after the audio directions from Google maps are completed for that particular turn (left/right/U turn etc). However, radio resumes in case a phone call (using Bluetooth) is completed. Is this also expected behaviour?
Black Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 21:34   #2224

Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
1. I guess this is how it is designed for FL Seltos. In other cars I have driven so far, only the driver side window could be operated when locked.

2. This is a bug and it was highlighted in this thread earlier by few members. I do not use radio so have not experienced it myself.
GTX+ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 12:13   #2225

Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
Congratulations on the new car! I so wanted to go for the X-line, but the home minister vetoed it. Every time I look at it, makes me think I should have gone for it. Did you get PPF/Graphene/Ceramic coating done? Hope it retains this glow for years.
Thanks so much for the wishes!

As for PPD/Graphene coating etc, I have a slightly different view than most of the friends here. When I was researching PPF & other coatings, the inflated cost actually put me off. Compared to other parts of the country, prices in Bangalore are definitely on the higher side.

Having lived with a grey coloured car for 12 years, I am aware of the pitfalls of having dark coloured car in a dusty environment like ours.

Living in a congested city with narrow streets like Bangalore, it is inevitable that we will get a scratch here or there. We should learn to live with them unfortunately. In the worst-case scenario, the panel may have to get repainted, the cost of repainting is far cheaper than spending lakhs on PPF.

And I am of the firm view that material possessions like cars should be enjoyed & beyond reasonable care, we shouldn't be so beholden to them that instead of enjoying them, we are afraid of getting a scratch here or there everytime we take out the car.

It's like buying the latest top-of-the line iPhone & putting the most thickest screen protector on it. You neither get to enjoy the vivid screen nor your touch response is quick.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Congratulations to the new owners @sunilkarkt and @Desi Dybuk.

1. Have observed that the passenger window glass is still operable even when the button to control the glass operation is locked on the driver side control panel. Is it expected behaviour?
2. I'm connecting my phone via Bluetooth (not Android auto) with Google maps and with radio running in the background - the radio doesn't resume after the audio directions from Google maps are completed for that particular turn (left/right/U turn etc). However, radio resumes in case a phone call (using Bluetooth) is completed. Is this also expected behaviour?
1. That is by design. Same is the case with Creta

2. This is a bug which even I have observed after you mentioned it. Maybe they'll fix it in the next firmware OTA update hopefully.

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th April 2024 at 21:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi quote option when replying to multiple posts.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 09:32   #2226

Originally Posted by naveengnr View Post
Hello Team-BHPians,
I have completed 2000 km with my new Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT in a month, and I want to share my feedback about the first-month experience.

Attachment 2584698

Design: The car looks more beautiful in the segment, especially with the best interior compared to the Creta facelift. Both the exterior and interior are well-designed, but there could be better plastic in some places. My car looks awesome in pearl white. Ride comfort is good, but it feels jumpy on speed breakers.

Cabin View: One of the top design features is its cabin view. The infotainment system is well-designed with a large display screen. I love the stylish HVAC controls compared to the old-style HVAC in the Creta facelift model. It has the best ambiance with lights on both sides. The display cluster has three drive mode themes and one dynamic theme (which has eight different themes based on time and weather).

ADAS: I have tested multiple ADAS features in the first month of driving, and most of them are working properly. Please make sure no objects are blocking the radar or sensor on the front grill. I have experienced an issue with radar blocking, displaying "Vital forward safety functions are limited! Radar blocked."

Connectivity: I am facing audio connectivity issues while connecting my iPhone 14 Pro Max via Bluetooth, but audio is working fine with Android Mobile's Bluetooth. And there are no issues with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Attachment 2584699

Mileage: Currently, I am getting 10 kmpl as an average in city driving and 13 kmpl on highways.
I will post more updates if I encounter any issues or feedback on all available features.

Attachment 2584700
Congratulations on your first 2K. I also have a facelift Seltos xLine purchased in Feb 2024 (Nov 2023 Model). I have completed 2200kms till now. I'm getting 10 kmpl in city and roughly 13-14 on highways with minimal cruise control. The dual zone climate control AC is sufficient even when the car is parked in the sun. The Xline has a sage green seat covers and trims which give it a premium look.

Overall a joy to ride.
R15h1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 07:21   #2227

The 'Since Refueling' Tripmeter in my Seltos is randomly resetting, without any refuel being done. Has happened 2-3 times so far. Any reason for that and way to fix it?
I have changed the Setting to manually reset FE. Happened after that as well. Anything I am missing?
Old 15th April 2024, 11:35   #2228

Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
1. I guess this is how it is designed for FL Seltos. In other cars I have driven so far, only the driver side window could be operated when locked.
1. That is by design. Same is the case with Creta
I did not find this issue in my new Seltos, which is manufactured in March. Maybe they have fixed it! When the window lock is enabled, the rear window up down switch did not work. I tried it a few times.
Old 15th April 2024, 11:38   #2229

Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
I did not find this issue in my new Seltos, which is manufactured in March. Maybe they have fixed it! When the window lock is enabled, the rear window up down switch did not work. I tried it a few times.
Rear windows are not an issue. Even in my car the rear windows cannot be operated if the lock is on.

We are referring to front passenger side window. When window lock is enabled, the passenger side window can still be operated.

Can you check if that is fixed in your car?
Old 15th April 2024, 11:39   #2230

Could anyone please confirm if Kia has deleted the UV gut (green tinted) glass from the March/ April manufactured Seltos?
Also, are the one-touch and anti pinch windows still missing from the HTX+?
Old 15th April 2024, 11:40   #2231

Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
The 'Since Refueling' Tripmeter in my Seltos is randomly resetting, without any refuel being done. Has happened 2-3 times so far. Any reason for that and way to fix it?
Either it has to be an issue with the sensor or with the MID s/w. Please get it checked by the service center.
GTX+ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 12:53   #2232

Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Could anyone please confirm if Kia has deleted the UV gut (green tinted) glass from the March/ April manufactured Seltos?
Also, are the one-touch and anti pinch windows still missing from the HTX+?
UV cut glasses are still present in March manufactured Seltos GTX+. One-touch and anti pinch are added back in March for GTX+. Not sure about HTX+.
Old 15th April 2024, 14:14   #2233

Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Rear windows are not an issue. Even in my car the rear windows cannot be operated if the lock is on.

We are referring to front passenger side window. When window lock is enabled, the passenger side window can still be operated.

Can you check if that is fixed in your car?
Window lock is for rear passengers only. It is a safety device mainly for the children occupying rear seats that they do not open the windows and put their head or hand outside. An adult is supposed to occupy the passenger seat and hence that window is usually not locked by the manufacturers.
SeniorC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 14:38   #2234

Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Window lock is for rear passengers only. It is a safety device mainly for the children occupying rear seats that they do not open the windows and put their head or hand outside. An adult is supposed to occupy the passenger seat and hence that window is usually not locked by the manufacturers.
I am not debating the reason for or against. All I am saying is that in my previous cars even the front passenger window got locked. I am not sure but this may be the case even for some car models of other manufacturers.
Old 15th April 2024, 16:22   #2235

So, I am finding delightful small features in the infotainment screen which I had not noticed during test drive. Sorry for repeating the same if other friends have highlighted these features here;

For me, my favourite has been this minimal map & time screen. The map is functional & it just shows your navigation details without occupying the entire screen or showing all other unnecessary streets. Shows the map & turns, time & media info. The presentation is very minimal & elegant I feel. This is my default infotainment setting when I am driving.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240413_141554445.night.jpg

Also, sometime back, a member asked if there was a way to send destination location to the car's native map since it uses Here Maps POI database. I found that in the Kia Connect app, if you go to Maps, you can search for a POI or input a Lattitude & Longitude (which you can copy from Google Maps) & send that location to the car

I know it isn;t as seamless as Google Maps but this is a convenient option to have. Also, the POI database in Karnataka is pretty decent & I have been able to find almost all the locations I frequently drive to. So, native app gets a Thumbs Up from me on this.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240413200713.png

Question: Is there a way to get Adaptive Guidelines for the Front Camera like it is for Back Camera? Even Maruti Baleno has adaptive lines for both Back & Front Cameras.

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 15th April 2024 at 16:23.