Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 13:15   #2011
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Did anyone else notice that Kia has silently introduced IVT option in HTK+ !
Not sure if this is really needed or its just for competing with Creta S(O). What Seltos really needs is Fully loaded variant with IVT but that is grossly missing & people are forced to opt for Creta.
Still this is not listed in their website. Where did you find this info? also is this HTK+ or HTX+?
sirius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 18:13   #2012
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
I'm still baffled by what has stopped KIA from introducing IVT in GTX+ and a few additional color options in the X-line !! Surely that will improve their offerings massively.
You are not alone, this is equally frustrating for many. Just a poor business decision from Kia really. I’m very certain that a good amount of potential Creta SX(O) IVT buyers would consider the Seltos if Kia were to overcome their stubbornness and begin offering the Seltos top trim with IVT.

Just don’t understand the nonsensical idea that you can’t have all the features if you want IVT.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 18th March 2024 at 18:17.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 18:22   #2013
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I guess you asked the same question in N Line thread. Have answered it there, quoting TorkBHP's post here again. Hope it helps.

In a welcome move Kia has again introduced one touch up down for all windows starting from HTX trim. This time all windows can be controlled through voice command as well (earlier Voice commands was limited only to GT Line and X Line). Hope this stays now, as earlier too they had introduced it and removed it in a month or so. This is extremely convenient feature, they could delete the air purifier if they wanted!
This is really great move by KIA.

Part of me is feeling disappointed too.. because they removed it during early 2024 and thus my January 2024 made GTX+ does not have "one touch up down for all windows "

Last edited by F1amit : 18th March 2024 at 18:30.
Old 18th March 2024, 18:38   #2014
BHPian

Quick query...is the Subwoofer in GTX variant also by Bose? As there is no Bose Branding for the Sub, whereas the Creta gets it. Which i found weird.

Also, does the sound Output and Quality get better with time, as it burns in?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 14:42. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
Old 18th March 2024, 22:11   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi all,

Reason I am asking this question is primarily from the standpoint of safety being emphasized by Creta. I could personally feel the heaviness when lifting the bonnet too and even in the doors of facelift creta.
IMO from a structural standpoint, both the cars are almost the same.

Refer to my post #1506 in this same thread where I've shared a comparison of the bonnet weights for FL creta and FL seltos
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5704018 (2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review)

For other aspects, to decide between a creta vs a seltos, you can refer to my post #1982
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5737516 (2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review)
Old 18th March 2024, 22:33   #2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsguha View Post
I did a more detailed check after seeing the same video and realized - seat ventilation is not the only item that has been omitted from the Indian version. TPMS monitoring as well as live tracking of the vessel movement. These are important features that are missing.
My previous post was about the KIA Connect App. I took my Xline for its 1st service and I had the Geofencing alarm activated to 20KM from my home. The service center was 3 KM away. I got an alarm that the setting was breached but alas, there was no way to track the movement of the vehicle as there was no live tracking available in the Indian version
captsguha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 23:53   #2017
BHPian

For the uninitiated, I own 2023 FL GXT+ turbo petrol dct.

Currently am on family holiday to Jaisalmer. Against the original plan of doing GZB-JAL-GZB, we are on a circuitous route of GZB-Kailadevi-Jaisalmer-Khatu Shyamji-GZB.

Started day before and reached Jaisalmer today. Just wanted to share that what an absolutely beauty this car is. Have so far covered roughly 1100 KMs. and have enjoyed every minute of my drive.

Awesome awesome performance. Will share more details once am back.

Cheers
GTX+ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 02:53   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post
Still this is not listed in their website. Where did you find this info? also is this HTK+ or HTX+?
You can find it in variant comparison page. Attaching the snapshot
https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...are-trims.html
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-seltostrims.jpg  

dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 08:09   #2019
BHPian

Is it worth going for the 2023 November/December model (my preferred color is not available) at around 1 lakh discount (dealers are not going beyond that) or the March 2024 model without any discounts for the GTX+ DCT variant?
Old 19th March 2024, 08:50   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
Is it worth going for the 2023 November/December model (my preferred color is not available) at around 1 lakh discount (dealers are not going beyond that) or the March 2024 model without any discounts for the GTX+ DCT variant?
Detailed PDI, further discount (its been almost 4 months the car has been sitting there) and if you can live with the color, it might be a good choice.
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 09:02   #2021
BHPian

IMO, there is significant room for further negotiation on this price
Old 19th March 2024, 14:49   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
Hardwire doesn't void warranty as long as they don't cut KIA cable. Connecting via clip is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post

Hardwiring too does not drain battery as during parking surveillance mode, dashcam stays in a low power state, using its own battery and when the accelerometer detects movement it is switched on. It uses car batter to recharge itself later. Hardwiring has a fail safe and it wont work is the car battery is lower than the specified limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I did the hardwiring, and I haven't encountered any issues so far. My car went for a 10k service last month, and there was no issue with the warranty as well
Just thought of sharing a quick update on this. So, i visited the Service Center today to get the 1st Service done. Asked my SA about Hardwiring for Dashcam from Warranty perspective and he straight-away said it will impact the Warranty. I figured he is just doing some loose talk without any basis. So, i spoke to a Senior SA and he also repeated the same tune. When mentioned that there is no wire cutting in Hardwiring and a clip / coupler is just connected to the Fuse Box, he was still adamant if some electrical issues crop up at anytime, KIA will not honor Warranty due to Hardwired Dashcam. When asked how do they fit the Dashcam that is available as part of their official accessory, answer was they plug it in the 12V socket.

Am in a fix now on how to proceed with this. Still go ahead with Hardwiring or play it safe and just plug it in 12V Socket to avoid any Warranty issues...
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 15:24   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
You can find it in variant comparison page. Attaching the snapshot
https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...are-trims.html
Damn, I would have loved to have the HTK + in IVT instead of the HTX I got a couple of weeks back - I hate the sunroof and useless white lights.

Even though I would have to sacrifice the black colour, this HTK+ has everything one may need.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 14:42. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 09:25   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Still go ahead with Hardwiring or play it safe and just plug it in 12V Socket to avoid any Warranty issues...
Electrical and electronic repairs are very expensive (if they occur and your warranty claim is denied). I wouldn't take the risk with such a complex car with so many sensors and tech. I would just go ahead with a 12V socket. It comes down to your risk appetite.
sunilarkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 09:45   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Am in a fix now on how to proceed with this. Still go ahead with Hardwiring or play it safe and just plug it in 12V Socket to avoid any Warranty issues...
Usually service center don't endorse outside dashcam or anything to do with wiring/installation. They will only try to scare you so that they can sell what they have.

However, if you are unsure, then for now you go with 12v socket option. In future, if you feel strong need for parking surveillance then you can think of hardwiring. I am happy with 12v socket for my dashcam as I only need footage during drive and not looking for parking surveillance. But many folks in this forum have done hard wiring so it should be a viable option otherwise we would have had a separate thread on warranty rejection due to hardwiring

Btw there is dedicated thread on dashcams

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5740329 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th March 2024 at 09:49.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks