Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2024, 08:23   #1831
BANNED

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
ADAS won't cause it, the drivers closely tailgating you might.
Thats correct. ADAS would in fact help avoid collision. But we can't say that for vehicles tailgating.
Old 27th February 2024, 10:04   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hello BHPians,

I have a question related to couple of ADAS features in Seltos.

1. Has anyone used "Blind Spot Safety" option during peak traffic? How does car behave when this option is enabled?
I took delivery of my car last week and while taking car out of dealership premises, car braked abruptly while merging on the main road which had decent traffic flow. There after I have kept this feature off with fear of sudden breaking in peak traffic.
I am curious to know observations from others.

2. Another thing is about "Forward Collision Warning". With this feature on, does vehicle only provides visual / audio alerts or applies sudden breaking as well?
I am new to ADAS features having driven this for a month and have concluded that the chances of ADAS features cause harm greatly reduces, although never completely goes away, if the person's driving style is equally calm and sedate. We tend to rush and the me-first attitude makes us do things we could have avoided, it's in this scenario where ADAS can surprise the driver and others behind.

The factor here is anticipation and prediction of what the car ahead will be doing by the driver behind you. If the car behind you has seen you make your way through mad traffic quickly and has seen you sucessfully avoid incoming crossing cars etc, it makes for a slightly faster journey and the car behind will tend to do the same thing so that they can pass on faster too. This is a prime scenario for a back collision as the driver behind can never be ready for ADAS reactions as there's no warning, no way for them to see it coming. Impatient bikers and 3 wheelers for instance.
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 18:29   #1833

Hi everyone, the expected delivery of the car is on 1st March 2024. Model: GTX plus (P). Please help to clear out if an extended warranty is worth it. SA is insisting since it is a DCT transmission, an extended warranty works as a risk assurance but the SA is clear about the scope of EW and its exclusions.
Old 27th February 2024, 18:34   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bugil View Post
Hi everyone, the expected delivery of the car is on 1st March 2024. Model: GTX plus (P). Please help to clear out if an extended warranty is worth it. SA is insisting since it is a DCT transmission, an extended warranty works as a risk assurance but the SA is clear about the scope of EW and its exclusions.
Take it for the peace of mind. Not worth taking a chance especially in case of DCTs. Would have been better if KIA also provided Warranty till 7 Yrs like Hyundai does and not just 5 Yrs.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 18:49   #1835

Hi all, I am excited to get delivery of my Seltos GTX+ (s) Olive green colour hopefully this Friday 1st Mar 2024. Attaching some pics from my PDI visit. The dealer is ASB Auto in Sahibabad area near New Delhi

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_4241.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_4242.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_4243.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_4244.jpeg

Had a few questions for the knowledgeable group of friends here:

1. Planning to get extended warranty for 2 additional years making it a total of 5 yrs unlimited kms for approx. INR 23k. However, the dealer is asking me to upgrade to the premium plus care package for approx. INR 46k. Kia is offering 5 yrs free service including consumables. I am conflicted which one to opt for? On paper the premium package looks interesting but not sure if service staff will compromise quality of service as essentially it will be free for 5 years. Or will it be a hassle later on and I will anyways have to pay.

2. Should I go for a tyre upgrade as suggested by some? The car has JK Tyres

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th February 2024 at 22:58. Reason: Typos and formatting.
adidube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 07:50   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidube View Post

Had a few questions for the knowledgeable group of friends here:
1. Planning to get extended warranty for 2 additional years making it a total of 5 yrs unlimited kms for appx INR 23k. However, the dealer is asking me to upgrade to the premium plus care package for appx INR 46k. Kia is offering 5 yrs free service including consumables. I am conflicted which one to opt for?
2. Should I go for a tyre upgrade as suggested by some? The car has JK Tyres
1. Go in for 5 years Kia Convenience Plus Package. I understand it includes 5 years extended warranty too. Atleast I got it like this and it was for Rs 46K.

2. JK tyres have been designed for Seltos and are good overall. In my six months usage they have performed well. You could consider changing them if either a) you are too concerned about ride quality and tyre noise (not at all bad according to me !), or b) live and usually drive in an area where the road quality is rough and bad.

Mind you the JK tyres do well on highways and have a longer life than the current replacements available.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 13:08   #1837

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidube View Post
Hi all, I am excited to get delivery of my Seltos GTX+ (s) Olive green colour hopefully this Friday 1st Mar 2023.
Congratulations! It is a good choice.

1. I did take the premium package because of peace of mind. I believe that keeps the resell value up, in future.

2. I did change the JK tires in a few minutes after the delivery, to Continental UC6.
During the test drives, I did notice the road noise that was a mix of higher tire pressure and hardness of tire material. Post the upgrade, the ride has been smooth and feels "sticky" on very high speeds and controlled on undulations. The NVH is significantly down as well.
Would recommend, but depending upon your driving style, you can live with the JK.

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th February 2024 at 13:20. Reason: Fixed the broken quote tags
Old 28th February 2024, 13:19   #1838
BHPian

Anyone else feels the under thigh support is insufficient and lacking in Seltos. I am around 5' 8 in Height, which cannot be considered as very Tall. Still there is about 2-3 cms gap between and edge of the seat and my Knee \ Calf. During a recent long drive, i observed slight pain in my right leg thigh. I have been fiddling around a bit with the 8 way seat adjustment control, but have not yet found my sweet spot. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get around this?

Attaching below Pic for reference with the red line showing the gap.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240228_112345.jpg
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 15:50   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Anyone else feels the under thigh support is insufficient and lacking in Seltos. I am around 5' 8 in Height, which cannot be considered as very Tall. Still there is about 2-3 cms gap between and edge of the seat and my Knee \ Calf. During a recent long drive, i observed slight pain in my right leg thigh.
I am 6.1 feet tall and so far I have not felt any issue with the under thigh support neither have felt any pain in the thighs. However, myself and few others have experienced back/lower back pain after long drives. Just like you, it took time to fiddle around with the seat adjustment and eventually few have managed to find the sweet spot. But it is all hit and miss.

There is definitely something wrong with the seat design because a lot of us have never had any issues whatsoever with our earlier car(s).
GTX+ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:11   #1840
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes ergonomically I feel that seat comfort is a challenge. I am only 5'8" tall and in my seating position I find underthigh support less (even after thigh support adjusted in my Xline version). Also this is the first car in which my leg hits the centre console. For that I had to get a knee cushion from Amazon and stick it onto the console from the side for better comfort.
I even find the door elbow pad also very hard and there is no cushioning.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:43   #1841
BHPian

I am almost honing in on the facelift Seltos (Initially considered the Diesel, but was somewhat unimpressed by the engine - Petrol looks better).

I am considering the iMT version (HTK+). Existing Kia owners, how is the reliability of the iMT transmission? This is the first time I tried out an iMT. It was definitely way more comfortable than a manual, and is more economical to buy compared to an AT. I'm just concerned about the long term reliability, and the Kia saleperson did not seem too convincing (mostly standard replies). Would love to hear from actual owners here.
Old 28th February 2024, 17:49   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I have been fiddling around a bit with the 8 way seat adjustment control, but have not yet found my sweet spot. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get around this?
Attachment 2577397
I am 5'9. I never had issue with the seat base. But I remember fiddling with 8 way seat adjustment and setting it as per my convenience the day I got the car. Because it's 8 way adjustable, I tried raising the forward most part the highest. This did create a comfortable seating position for me.

My seating style includes, highest seating position (with the forward part too raised highest), slightly closer to the steering wheel, and the backrest slightly reclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
I am considering the iMT version (HTK+). Existing Kia owners, how is the reliability of the iMT transmission? This is the first time I tried out an iMT. It was definitely way more comfortable than a manual, and is more economical to buy compared to an AT. I'm just concerned about the long term reliability, and the Kia saleperson did not seem too convincing (mostly standard replies). Would love to hear from actual owners here.
I have a Kia Sonet iMT as well. I bought it pre owned and has been with me for 2.5 years now. Reliability wise there have been no issues whatsoever, and even the gearshift remains as light as on day 1. I do follow standard practice of shifting to neutral if I know that I would be waiting for >5 secs.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 11:01   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

My seating style includes, highest seating position (with the forward part too raised highest), slightly closer to the steering wheel, and the backrest slightly reclined.
That's exactly what I have done too, though I have pulled it a little far from steering wheel. My friend who is about 6 ft tall found the headroom insufficient with this setting. I am just 5'7" so for me this works best. Also remember you have the tilt and telescopic steering wheel too that you can adjust.
Old 29th February 2024, 22:25   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
Can one upgrade to the Power Window Touch Button for the Facelift model (Pre-2024 model)?
Update - Seltos X Line Oct 2023 had this already from factory.
Old 29th February 2024, 22:40   #1845
BHPian

Does the emergency brake work with static objects while reversing a car?*

Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) says only for moving objects.*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks