Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2023, 12:39   #166
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisels121 View Post
It just shows how the features game is still working for Kia.Many members have booked within a week of release and I can bet my money that Kia has done no 'structural reinforcement' or whatever their sales guys are claiming.
Hey! So as per Kia’s official training brochure for sales advisor, they indeed have done sone important structural changes. I shared it in another thread sometime back. Just sharing it here for reference. So sales advisors claiming about these changes are not entirely wrong.

Name:  IMG_4074.png
Views: 1799
Size:  395.3 KB

Now what remains to be seen is that are these changes good enough for a better crash test rating or just good enough changes to support the addition of the panoramic sunroof.

Let’s see what the test results are. But I would assume it’s still 3 and not keep my hopes high.

Last edited by sumeetchawla : 31st July 2023 at 12:42.
sumeetchawla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 12:56   #167
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Let’s see what the test results are. But I would assume it’s still 3 and not keep my hopes high.
There is hardly any chance of Kia voluntarily sending the Seltos 2.0 to Global NCAP for crash testing unless Kia is absolutely sure of a better rating. So the chances of knowing the same are slim to none.

Moreover, the chances of Global NCAP spending from their own pocket to crash test the facelift of a car with a 3-star safety rating also appear slim. Now as regards the upcoming Bharat NCAP, it also appears to be voluntary.

So waiting for the crash test results is an exercise in futility.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:20   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
It had all black interior and was good to drive even with TPM showing 50 psi for all 4 tyres

Somehow the rear seat doesnt seem all that spacious. Not sure why. Is there any difference between Seltos and Creta in either seat angle or something ? Looking at this segment for the first time and even the width didn't impress.
Seltos has is 50 mm bigger in length but even I felt it to be compact. Maybe it is the all black interior. But lower variants too felt smaller compared to Creta. I guess creta has either taller seats or a better angle.
Old 31st July 2023, 14:01   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Same here, Cancelled the Xline booking and opted for GTX+ Turbo Petrol White Dual Black roof, for better peace of mind.
The reason my office parking is under a lot of trees, Bird droppings, and lots of small fruit seeds splashing down.
The watchman in our apartments uses a random cloth to wipe the cars.

Heard from many that the matte finish has to be cleaned of bird droppings /fruit seeds fallen within a few hours or there will be stains permanently and a special cloth is required to clean the car.
Update
My SA had called me to inform White GTX + turbo petrol is available for delivery, but I insisted on the Dual colour only.
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:12   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
There is hardly any chance of Kia voluntarily sending the Seltos 2.0 to Global NCAP for crash testing unless Kia is absolutely sure of a better rating. So the chances of knowing the same are slim to none.

Moreover, the chances of Global NCAP spending from their own pocket to crash test the facelift of a car with a 3-star safety rating also appear slim. Now as regards the upcoming Bharat NCAP, it also appears to be voluntary.

So waiting for the crash test results is an exercise in futility.
Yes, that is why I am assuming the current rating to be 3 star as well and booked the car with that in mind. Not expecting 4 o 5. If it ever comes, then that will be a great thing to have and will make this the most complete car in the market!
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:59   #171

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when the 2023 Seltos will be available for purchase through CSD?
The pre-facelift models were made available from March this year and there is no word on the new models yet, from the SA either.

Any input will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 31st July 2023, 16:20   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone knows what’s going on with those K code bookings?
I contacted Kia social media channels to enquire about the K code booking.

Their reply confirms that the K code booking is almost useless 🥲

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_4077.jpeg
Old 31st July 2023, 17:06   #173
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
I contacted Kia social media channels to enquire about the K code booking.

Their reply confirms that the K code booking is almost useless ��
Quoting myself from a previous thread here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims
here is the fact dealers have an allotment of cars that they can allot to the customers who booked the earliest, beyond which K-Code is the best option, your dealer may have already exhausted his quota of allotment, therefore he has booked your car with a K-Code to ensure priority delivery.
The deliveries of cars booked before the facelift were even announced and some "priority" bookings on the part of dealerships are the ones happening now, the K-Code ones will take a little more time as they are directly allocated from Kia and dealers have no control over it.

The allotment dealers receive can be easily allocated to customers who booked earlier or are "priority" for them. even variant and color changes among these are possible without much delay in delivery or going to the back of the line.

Whereas ones booked through K-code are not flexible, you either take the car allocated to you or the dealer can easily allocate it to someone of their choosing if you refuse to accept it or change your mind.

Last edited by bijims : 31st July 2023 at 17:09.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 17:15   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Can all the ADAS features be turned off?
Yes. All ADAS features can be turned off.

I think it is better to keep it off during city driving. Might be useful on the highway occasionally.

Last edited by satish.gawai : 31st July 2023 at 17:17. Reason: Forgot to quote the original post.
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 17:43   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Yes. All ADAS features can be turned off.

I think it is better to keep it off during city driving. Might be useful on the highway occasionally.
Very true. I feel the ADAS features will result in someone rear ending us in the city looking at the road behaviour of our people
Old 31st July 2023, 18:22   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Update
My SA had called me to inform White GTX + turbo petrol is available for delivery, but I insisted on the Dual colour only.
yup, same for me. Since I have opted for white (no dual tone, changed from Olive), I decided to bite the bullet. However, dealer is in a real hurry to get all payments done today itself (last day of the month?), so that he can "confirm" my car delivery and is giving n number of reasons as if kia might stop production if I don't take the delivery asap.
Old 31st July 2023, 18:24   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Very true. I feel the ADAS features will result in someone rear ending us in the city looking at the road behaviour of our people
Absolutely. We (read our infrastructure & discipline) are not ready for ADAS/autonomous vehicles as of now. We would be required to be more cautious if a car is driven by a computer than manual driving.

Lane assists, adaptive cruise control, and Emergency braking are good features to use on highways (strictly) .
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 19:40   #178
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Update
DT’s have always been in short supply since the inception & hence possibly had limited takers. IIRC, Kia altogether stopped offering the DT’s after 2 years and Seltos were available only in single tones.

Maybe you can pick the single tone available and get it wrapped or something. Will turn out to be cheaper, maybe.
Old 31st July 2023, 19:45   #179
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Took a test ride yesterday of the top end petrol at PPS Mysuru road. Was interested in diesel but lack of heads up display on diesel top end is disappointing.

It had all black interior and was good to drive even with TPM showing 50 psi for all 4 tyres

Somehow the rear seat doesnt seem all that spacious. Not sure why. Is there any difference between Seltos and Creta in either seat angle or something ? Looking at this segment for the first time and even the width didn't impress.
The top-end variant is actually the X-line which has the Heads up display. However, the GTX+ doesn’t.

Creta’s rear bench is marginally better than the Seltos. Maybe it has got to do with the inclination of the backrest, but it surely it a tad better in Creta.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 21:00   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
yup, same for me. Since I have opted for white (no dual tone, changed from Olive), I decided to bite the bullet. However, dealer is in a real hurry to get all payments done today itself (last day of the month?), so that he can "confirm" my car delivery and is giving n number of reasons as if kia might stop production if I don't take the delivery asap.
I guess they are trying to get their monthly target completed. DTs will be available for the next 2-3 months. If you are in no hurry, might as well wait for your preference
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks