Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2024, 02:48   #1651
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato View Post
This is my first post and I am very happy that I have been finally selected by Team-BHP forum. Very happy indeed!!
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Based on me reading all the comments - It seems too good to be true kind of deal or it could be my OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) of not believing my luck of getting a decent deal. I asked for "My Convience Plus" - but they are not allowing for that and giving various excuses. Is it ok?
Firstly, if you opt for My Convenience Plus (MCP) package, they have to provide it.
Secondly, do remember, if you're paying for the MCP, do NOT pay for the Extended Warranty. The MCP has extended warrantly built in it.

Good luck with your first car purchase.
cos2bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 10:28   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos2bh View Post
Secondly, do remember, if you're paying for the MCP, do NOT pay for the Extended Warranty. The MCP has extended warrantly built in it.
So both can be purchased separately? I have completed my first free service 1000Kms (current odo stands at 2.5K,Nov 2023 car purchased on 20 Dec2023), can I still purchase MCP? I already have purchased extended warranty for 5 years.
Old 6th February 2024, 10:52   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
So both can be purchased separately? I have completed my first free service 1000Kms (current odo stands at 2.5K,Nov 2023 car purchased on 20 Dec2023), can I still purchase MCP? I already have purchased extended warranty for 5 years.
No, My Convience Plan has to be purchased within the first few days(don't remember exactly how many but surely less than 15 days) after purchasing the car, and it already has extended warranty clause in it, so it makes no sense to purchase both extended warranty and My Convience plans together.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 6th February 2024 at 10:53.
Mr Anderson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 12:01   #1654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
No, My Convience Plan has to be purchased within the first few days(don't remember exactly how many but surely less than 15 days) after purchasing the car, and it already has extended warranty clause in it, so it makes no sense to purchase both extended warranty and My Convience plans together.
Thank you Mr. Anderson (I really wanted to say the iconic line of Smith).

1. Would you or other fellow members can tell me if there is actual (read monetary) benefits of having MCP (My Convenience Plus) program. I tried to search online, but could not determine if it yields to actual benefits apart from protecting from YoY price rise in service centre.

2. During the warranty (including MCP or extended) period - Do I need to service the car only from Dealer's workshop or can I go to any authorized dealer workshop for service/periodic maintenance/repairs?

Quote:
I would suggest you to get it covered with a Paint Protection Film as soon as possible after you buy it so as to protect the original matte finish of the car from rock chips and minor scratches, as they can be highly visible in the matte finish. It is costly but worth the investment. Wish you happy miles ahead.
3. Could you let me know which PPF did you do and how much it costed you? I am looking into various detailers in Bangalore and they are all going in excess of 1.3L easily (Esperto, Carzspa, DetailingBull) with their inhouse PPF brand with 7Y warranty. I checked for XPEL and it is over 2L with 7 years warranty for the matt/satin PPF.

4. Would members recommend tyre changes to UC6 (215/55 R18) or Yoko blue earth (225/55/R18 - They dont make the 215/55/R18 ones) including spare tyre as well. I think all tyres including spare should be off same size or is it not recommended? If yes, which one? In Bangalore both the tyres are costing almost the same Rs. 12800 vs Rs. 13000 per tyre. Exchange value for JK's are mere Rs. 3000 per tyre. Don't want to break my account.
Old 6th February 2024, 13:00   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
4. Would members recommend tyre changes to UC6 (215/55 R18) or Yoko blue earth (225/55/R18 - They dont make the 215/55/R18 ones) including spare tyre as well. I think all tyres including spare should be off same size or is it not recommended? If yes, which one? In Bangalore both the tyres are costing almost the same Rs. 12800 vs Rs. 13000 per tyre. Exchange value for JK's are mere Rs. 3000 per tyre. Don't want to break my account.
Hello,

215-section tyres are sufficient enough for daily usage with a mix of both city and highway driving, if comparing both UC6 & Blue Earth I'll recommend you to go with UC6.

The spare tyre is only meant for emergency purposes, also you'll have to buy a new rim cause the stock spare wheel size is 17" inches instead of 18" inches which might not even properly fit in the spare wheel cavity.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 21:31   #1656
BHPian

Hi Everyone. Need some inputs from the folks who have recently updated their Seltos software. Have you guys noticed any improvements post upgrade?
Old 7th February 2024, 10:41   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
Hi Everyone. Need some inputs from the folks who have recently updated their Seltos software. Have you guys noticed any improvements post upgrade?
Couple of things.

The volume settings have improved (not the audio quality). Earlier you had to turn up the volume till about 40-45 to hear the song at normal voice level. Now they have recalibrated it to normal level. So now you get the same output at 10-12 level.

Yesterday I used the inbuilt navigation for the first time after the update. Apparent improvement is in the layout. Earlier when the nav was turned on and route set, there was one bottom layer of map full screen, and on top of it another layer (direction arrows, left/right etc.) covering 2/3rd screen. If media was also being played, its display (song info/change track etc.) used to get removed. Basically the whole layout was messy.

But now, once you set the route on the nav, it neatly occupies 2/3rd of the screen, while in the remaining 1/3rd portion, you can toggle between media display, temp, time etc.

Sorry no pics to explain the above, but I hope you get what am trying to say.

Last edited by GTX+ : 7th February 2024 at 10:43.
GTX+ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 16:08   #1658
BHPian

Hello,

A query on the Kia connect app. Are the features, available in the app, subscription based ? i.e. Are they free for an year , post which we will have to make a payment , for an year or something, for using them ?

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but a colleague of mine raised this today. I was of the opinion that it’s free but he asked me check again.

Thanks!
Old 7th February 2024, 16:41   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
A query on the Kia connect app. Are the features, available in the app, subscription based ? i.e. Are they free for an year , post which we will have to make a payment , for an year or something, for using them ?
I am told they are free for first 3 years, post which there will be some annual charges. I purchased Carens in Sep 2022.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 16:43   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
Are the features, available in the app, subscription based ? i.e. Are they free for an year , post which we will have to make a payment , for an year or something, for using them? Thanks!
The subscription is free for first 2 (or is it 3?) years. Post which the owners will have to pay for it. This is what I remember my SA telling me.

I am not sure if some features will continue to be available free later or will we have to pay to use all the features. You can check this with your SA.
GTX+ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 15:52   #1661

I went for PDI today but it was a short lived PDI as the SA though stating the xline DCT being a December model, turned out to be November model. I was really very annoyed and tried to keep my composure, and when I asked why the discrepancies he said it was billed to the dealer with a 39 days stock. I asked why he did not gave a straight and clear answer, he could not say a word. :(

My brother faithfully continued with PDI and said he could not find any flaws but my mind had already switched off. I just couldn't bear false promises or words. The ODO meter reading was 38kms which SA mentioned is due to the drive from the stockyard to showroom.

I checked the gear levers, brakes and accelerator - they did not have any of the protective covers (like the plastics wrapping) the protective covers over Digital instrument cluster had bubbles in it. Footwell had footprints and no protective covers as well. Not sure if the factory provides it in the first place either.

The tires were clean but the bottom rear torsion beam had accumulated a lot of mud. I did not check the engine bay. The showroom folks when brought the car in front of us, I did not hear any noises, so I assume the engine/transmission is perfect.

All in all, I haven't cancelled the booking as my brother says the discount is decent enough for a reassessment/consideration. Given KIA price rise is round the corner and Bangalore being overtly expensive for cars - what should I do?
Old 8th February 2024, 16:15   #1662
BHPian

Unusual question, but has anyone tried making the payment for a 20L car with credit card? If yes, how did it go?
Old 8th February 2024, 16:39   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Unusual question, but has anyone tried making the payment for a 20L car with credit card? If yes, how did it go?
Not the Full amount but I recently paid the Down Payment of 6 Lacs with my Credit Card and i was charged 2 pc extra over it.
abhi3284 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 17:02   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Not the Full amount but I recently paid the Down Payment of 6 Lacs with my Credit Card and i was charged 2 pc extra over it.
Thanks for this, would there be any negotiation over the % charged for the card payment? I would assume this depends on the negotiation power.

On a related topic, which Kia dealer would you recommend in Pune?
Old 8th February 2024, 17:19   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Thanks for this, would there be any negotiation over the % charged for the card payment? I would assume this depends on the negotiation power.

On a related topic, which Kia dealer would you recommend in Pune?
Dont think there is much scope for negotiation on the CC charges. Though they did not charge me 2% on the 25k Booking Amount i paid via CC.

I have only checked with Dhone KIA Manjri as it is nearest to my place and i would wholeheartedly recommend them. They have been very accommodating and cooperative to my requests and demands.
abhi3284 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks