Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2024, 15:33   #1591
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob.thomas View Post
I did an early morning office commute (Hadapsar to Chakan via old pune mumbai highway) and got 17kmpl.

During my late afternoon return on the same day I got 16kmpl. I must also add that i was driving very gently and was being extremely soft on the gas pedal.
Forgot to add. Mine is a Xline 1.5 TGDi DCT
Old 30th January 2024, 15:39   #1592
BHPian

Yesterday, got a call from RTO confirming my vehicle details and a few minutes later got a text with my vehicle registration number, receipt number and all.

Now, I want to know how to login on "My Kia" service app. Will it be done when I will visit showroom to get my number plate attached or can I do it myself. And if yes, then how?

On opening the app, it shows 3 options. 1. Yes, I am a proud owner. 2. No, not yet. 3. Already registered, Login.

I went ahead with option 1. There I was asked VIN/Registration number. I entered vehicle registration number but it shows "Invalid".

Kindly help!
Old 30th January 2024, 15:45   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasshhhh View Post
Yesterday, got a call from RTO confirming my vehicle details and a few minutes later got a text with my vehicle registration number, receipt number and all.

Now, I want to know how to login on "My Kia" service app. Will it be done when I will visit showroom to get my number plate attached or can I do it myself. And if yes, then how?

On opening the app, it shows 3 options. 1. Yes, I am a proud owner. 2. No, not yet. 3. Already registered, Login.

I went ahead with option 1. There I was asked VIN/Registration number. I entered vehicle registration number but it shows "Invalid".

Kindly help!
It has to be activated by scanning a QR code in the infotainment. So i suggest waiting for the delivery to activate the app.
Old 30th January 2024, 15:57   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Strange, but even by touching the streering, the engine is switched on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I guess it's got to do with the AC then. To keep temperature cool, it might be switching it on again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Yes this definitely can be one of the reasons.
100% nothing to do with steering - not just gentle inputs, one can steer across the full range and the engine would not start unless any other condition causes it to.

Here's the complete list of scenarios listed in owner's manual where a ISG stopped engine would restart (other than pressing the A-pedal, that is).
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240130154656.png  

actinium15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 16:03   #1595
BHPian

Quick Question:

The dealer has shared with me his 2023 Seltos Inventory List and has shared few VINs which are 17 Digit and the Kia Invoice Date. I could decode the VIN to be a 2023 Vehicle as 10th digit is P. However, unable to decode the Month. Should there be 2 more alphabets in the end? I called the dealership and they said the 17 digit VIN is all they have and the Kia Invoice Date should be the same month of Manufacturing of the Car.
People who have taken recent delivery of Seltos, could you pls confirm the Letter in the VIN for Nov and Dec 2023 manufactures Seltos.
Old 30th January 2024, 16:23   #1596

Hi Seltos Owners,
Did you have different air pressure in your tires based on the in-built TPMS and the pumps at fuel stations?
I have seen that the two did not match in my last refueling visit.

If so, which measure is accurate?
Thank you!
Old 30th January 2024, 16:28   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
It has to be activated by scanning a QR code in the infotainment. So i suggest waiting for the delivery to activate the app.
I think you are mentioning about "Kia Connect" app.

There are 2 apps, one is "Kia Connect" for the car and its controls, which yes, requires QR code. And I have registered on this app a few days back(I got my Kia delivered to me on 18th January).
Second is "My Kia" regarding car's service details. I was talking about this one.
Old 30th January 2024, 16:28   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I will get these wired from the fog lights (those will be disconnected).
The beam spread of the lightbars I ordered is flood type as i wanted a wider spread of light and brighter low beam.

There is also a spot beam version of these available with Hella for people who need a very far reach (almost 400m).
They look good, please post before and after pictures when the installation is done. Was it really necessary to disconnect the existing fog lamps? Can't these light bars have a switch control of their own in the dash? In that way you'd have better control, isn't it?
Old 30th January 2024, 16:33   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are mentioning about "Kia Connect" app.

There are 2 apps, one is "Kia Connect" for the car and its controls, which yes, requires QR code. And I have registered on this app a few days back(I got my Kia delivered to me on 18th January).
Second is "My Kia" regarding car's service details. I was talking about this one.
Ah Yes. I was mistaken. My Kia for some reason doesn't work for me as well. I have given up and call my service advisor for booking service or any other requirement. You can always ask them for a printout of service records.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 17:27   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Quick Question:

The dealer has shared with me his 2023 Seltos Inventory List and has shared few VINs which are 17 Digit and the Kia Invoice Date. I could decode the VIN to be a 2023 Vehicle as 10th digit is P. However, unable to decode the Month. Should there be 2 more alphabets in the end? I called the dealership and they said the 17 digit VIN is all they have and the Kia Invoice Date should be the same month of Manufacturing of the Car.
People who have taken recent delivery of Seltos, could you pls confirm the Letter in the VIN for Nov and Dec 2023 manufactures Seltos.
There are only 17 digits in VIN. Its how Kia and Hyundai works. So, unfortunately, you can decode the Year but not the month with VIN.

I took my Kia delivery on 18th January. It was of 2023 one according to VIN.

The inventory my SA showed me had 2 dates. And if I remember correctly, there was approximately 10 days gap between these dates.
Now, I forgot the exact headings of what these dates convey. But, I think the later one was 21st December and the former one was around 10 days back. And I went ahead with the booking.

Last edited by Flasshhhh : 30th January 2024 at 17:28.
Flasshhhh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 18:54   #1601
BHPian

Quote:

Kindly help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
Ah Yes. I was mistaken. My Kia for some reason doesn't work for me as well. I have given up and call my service advisor for booking service or any other requirement. You can always ask them for a printout of service records.

It worked. I contacted my SA and he said that I should proceed with option 3, "Already Registered" one, as they have completed the registration part themselves.

I was asked to proceed by logging in with my father's mobile number which was used in registration process.
Flasshhhh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 23:20   #1602
BHPian

Seltos GTX+ DCT Booked...

Below i what i was able to extract for a Nov / Dec 2023 make:

Price Ex. Showroom: 19,99,900 /-
TCS: 19,999 /-
KIA Insurance (0 Dep + all other inclusions): 79558 /-
RTO Registration: 2,47,146 /-
Fast Tag - 500 /-

Total On-Road Price: 23,47,103 /-
Discount provided: 1,05,000 /-
Initially, they forced to take the Complete Accessories package worth 28k, but we later agreed on taking accessories worth 15k.

Effective On-Road Price: 22,57,103 /-

Quote received for exchanging my 2012 Ritz VDI: 2,30,000 /-. Can be stretched a bit more.

I tried convincing them to add 5 Yrs. Extended Warranty as Complementary, but they have not budged so far stating it's billing is controller by KIA and not the dealer.
It was getting pretty late but I will try to squeeze a bit more discounts, if possible. Maybe include the Underbody Anti-rust coating.

Have selected Grey Color for the purpose of Booking, but i have options of Gravity Grey, Pewter Olive, Imperial Blue and Glacier White.
Would really like to hear few suggestions on which color looks the best for Seltos between Grey, Olive and Blue. Might be going tomorrow during daytime to finalize the Color.

Do you guys think i got a decent enough deal?
Really excited to be part of the Seltos Family.
abhi3284 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 00:04   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Seltos GTX+ DCT Booked...

Below i what i was able to extract for a Nov / Dec 2023 make:

Price Ex. Showroom: 19,99,900 /-
TCS: 19,999 /-
KIA Insurance (0 Dep + all other inclusions): 79558 /-
RTO Registration: 2,47,146 /-
Fast Tag - 500 /-

Total On-Road Price: 23,47,103 /-
Discount provided: 1,05,000 /-

Pune onroad for new Seltos GTX+ Turbo DCT is 23.64 as per carwale.com. You should be negotiating for another 50-75k, for a total 1.5-1.75L discount to compensate for key features being compromised, especially when you have the option to go for a new one, but dealership has limited options in disposing off the old stock.
Old 31st January 2024, 00:10   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Have selected Grey Color for the purpose of Booking, but i have options of Gravity Grey, Pewter Olive, Imperial Blue and Glacier White.
Would really like to hear few suggestions on which color looks the best for Seltos between Grey, Olive and Blue. Might be going tomorrow during daytime to finalize the Color.

Congratulations!
You can view my Kia Seltos Gravity Grey color in my Garage section. Apart from this, Pewter Olive is also good. But, colors are personal to each one.

The discount is very good. The deal is literally more than decent one. Try to convince them to include Under body Anti-rust coating.
And regarding Extended warranty, in my opinion, you should have it one way or another.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st January 2024 at 02:29. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Flasshhhh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 09:12   #1605
BHPian

Looking for advice on Connectivity

Seltos is connected via bluetooth to iPhone & also OTTOCast is also connected via BT to iPHone (For Wireless CarPlay)

I find - connectivity getting lost sometime (may be OTTOCAST & Native BT getting confuse during startup).

So I removed native Seltos BT pairing from phone .

Did anyone notice quality of Sound is lower on OTTOCAST Car play device compare to Native BT connection ? I might be overthinking too

Any comment...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks