Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2024, 10:31   #1576
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Strange, but even by touching the streering, the engine is switched on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Yea. I believe touching the steering will move the wheels, and that might prompt the car to think that it needs to move. That way it's a bit sensitive.
I don't think steering has got anything to do with this.

I have held, let-go, held the steering again numerous times when Auto-Hold is active and car has been switched off by ISG after coming to a stand still. It does not start by holding or slightly moving the steering. It only starts when I gently push the gas pedal.
Old 30th January 2024, 10:39   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Both tyres on the right side of the car are mounted inside out; IE the date of manufacturing is not visible.
Asking out of curiosity as I have never heard of such a case before. Does it make any difference to the ride quality or any possibility of damage to the rim or the tyre itself if it is mounted inside out? Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
These are 6.2 inches in size and the good thing is that they fit exactly in the grill spaces. There should be no cutting required for their installation. I am planning to get them fitted below the license plate and above the adas unit (checked that it fits there). I will get these wired from the fog lights (those will be disconnected).
Do share pictures once you install them and also brief summary of the whole process of installation and anything particular that we need to keep in mind. I am also toggling with the idea of replacing stock headlights and/or adding such a bar... but just not able to make up my mind.

Also, you mentioned that you will get them wired with the fog lamp cable, will it void warranty or is it going to be plug n play? Thank you in advance.
Old 30th January 2024, 10:39   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
I don't think steering has got anything to do with this.

I have held, let-go, held the steering again numerous times when Auto-Hold is active and car has been switched off by ISG after coming to a stand still. It does not start by holding or slightly moving the steering. It only starts when I gently push the gas pedal.
I guess it's got to do with the AC then. To keep temperature cool, it might be switching it on again.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 10:41   #1579
BHPian

Is there a way to turn off ISG permanently. I usually drive in Normal mode and switch off ISG after starting the car. But on engine restart it resets itself and have to be manually turned off again. Tried to look into settings for turning it off permanently but could not find it.
Old 30th January 2024, 10:51   #1580

Quote:
One more option I could find with this option is from MapmyIndia as below. This might be a better option compared to the Kent one.

https://mapplsgadgets.com/dashcams/careye
I have reached out to their sales team, from the description this product meets my requirements- but only a good demo will convince me

Quote:
Only dashcam I know which has this feature is from Kent called Car cam 2 (please see link) but it is extremely expensive (27k) and also does not have good reviews on Amazon.

https://www.kentcam.com/cameye/car-dashboard-camera
You are right, the reviews are pathetic- but I noticed most people complain that they received a used / already registered product. I am guessing this is maybe people buy from Kent + register and then resell at Amazon . Anway, not taking chances on this.

Quote:
As the lights on my Xline are really pathetic, the itch to upgrade the lights finally got the better of me. I ordered Hella black magic 6.2 inch lightbars (30w each) in 5700k.
Excited to see how these look once installed & also how the night time throw is. Are the lights on GTX and Xline different?
Old 30th January 2024, 11:07   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I guess it's got to do with the AC then. To keep temperature cool, it might be switching it on again.
Yes this definitely can be one of the reasons.
Old 30th January 2024, 11:18   #1582

Quote:
Finally took delivery but guess what!!
Both tyres on the right side of the car are mounted inside out; IE the date of manufacturing is not visible. Pictures attached.
The dealer obviously termed this as "normal" but said I can get it fixed in first service.
Not an expert on this, but usually when you get wheel balancing done- the consultants recommend changing the tyres back and forth + flip flop, so guessing inside out mounting should be ok.
Old 30th January 2024, 11:35   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took delivery but guess what!!
Both tyres on the right side of the car are mounted inside out; IE the date of manufacturing is not visible. Pictures attached.
The dealer obviously termed this as "normal" but said I can get it fixed in first service.
This is certainly not normal. Tyres have marking indicating "Outside" or an arrow pointing to the rotation of the tyre. Tyres are designed to rotate one way- the grooves which are designed for grip, water repulsion and efficiency work only one way, when rotated the other way, they may not perform up to specifications causing low grip and low water dispersion. It is akin to sliding your hand across velcro. One way it is quite smooth, the other way it seem is hard and catches. Please get it changed as soon as possible.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 12:38   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post
Is there a way to turn off ISG permanently.
There is no setting to switch it off permanently. During the drive, you can switch it on or off. But once the car restarts, it is on by default.

It is similar to the drive modes, no matter which mode you drove in last, after restarting the car, the default mode which is active is the "Normal Mode".
GTX+ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 13:41   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidg View Post
I am looking to replace my 13 year old cheverolet cruze MT. Test drove multiple cars costing around 20 lacs viz. elevate, seltos, creta, kushaq.

After having test driven all, I am planning to go for seltos as it looked the most premium inside out in GT line DCT.

However, I am worried about DCT issues as reported by multiple users. My daily running is about 30 kms (with moderate traffic and occasional bumper to bumper) with highway drive of about 300 kms one way once in two months.

Should I take the risk and go with DCT as summers are very hot here in GJ or better to opt for IVT? I usually like to drive sedately 90-100KMPH. However, the turbo helps in overtaking slow moving vehicles on the highway. Thus, my heart says Turbo DCT but mind says IVT as reliability is very important since this will be the only and primary car and don't wish to get stranded on the road.

I too was in the same situation in October-November last year. Kia Seltos was my choice. But was confused in IVT and DCT. But after researching on features which protects your DCT, went ahead with it happily, and took delivery of GTX Plus on 18th January.

The most important ones are Auto-hold and ISG(Idle Stop and Go). Making proper use of them in heavy traffic conditions will surely protect your DCT from early failures.

So, in my opinion, even though you are a sedate driver(me too) but if you are loving DCT as I did, go ahead with it.
It may be less reliable then IVT, but, with proper care it will give no such issues with the benefits of the turbo.

Last edited by Flasshhhh : 30th January 2024 at 13:43.
Flasshhhh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 13:49   #1586
BHPian

Guys, i have almost made my decision to go for the Kia Seltos GT Line DCT, as opposed to IVT that i was favoring in my earlier posts. Did a lot of back and forth between Creta and Seltos and chose the latter, due to it being the more appealing car both exterior and interior wise. I tried a lot but was just not able to come to terms and in sync with the cream and old school light grey interior color scheme of the Creta, even though it does look the slightly bigger car from inside. I understand Creta has the better Ride Quality and Suspension of the two, but hopefully Seltos 18" DCT is not too far away from it. Also, i have shifted from IVT to DCT, as i prefer having EPB, ADAS and more importantly 360 Degree Camera which Seltos IVT does not provide. And also a bit of YOLO. So, make the most of it. Still having a slight concern on the back of my mind about DCT reliability over the long term, but hoping i never get on the wrong side of it. Touchwood. Was a bit concerned about the FE aspect on DCT, but i have read decent numbers here. Just dont want it to be in single digits driving in Pune City.

Few more queries again, as i finalize it:

- What is the max FE people have got in Highway runs for Turbo Petrol DCT? Similarly, what's the lowest in City traffic?

- Is there a perceivable difference in the Build Quality between Creta and Seltos Facelifts. Are both the same post facelifts of both cars? I did read in the Seltos Facelift Launch Training Manual about some structural changes and reinforcements done, but Creta seems to be advertising it a lot more. When i opened and closed the Door of both cars is that Creta felt a bit more solid and heavy with an assuring thud, than the Seltos. This cannot be a sole indicator of better Safety Rating. Just my personal observation.

- How is the difference in Insulation and Road Noise in both Creta and Seltos Facelifts? Are they comparable to each other?

- How are Kia Service Costs compared to a Hyundai?

- The Kia Dealership i am enquiring at, did have a couple 2023 HTX IVT in stock, but the max discount they were able to offer was 65k. I will check with them regarding DCT variant now, but is it worth going for a Nov/Dec 2023 Mfg Vehicle, if lets say they offer a discount of 1 Lac. Obviously, i will ensure doing a proper PDI.

If all goes per plan, i should be booking it later today and posting the good news here.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 30th January 2024 at 13:58.
Old 30th January 2024, 14:03   #1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post

- What is the max FE people have got in Highway runs for Turbo Petrol DCT? Similarly, what's the lowest in City traffic?

-
If all goes per plan, i should be booking it later today and posting the good news here.

Fresh of last weekend: On expressway, my FE varied from 18 to 22 km/L, with 6-7 gear engaged most of the times.
Within city limits, in DEL and Jaipur bad roads, it ranges from 12 to 14 km/L, with 2-4 gear engaged most of the times.

This was in Normal mode.
My ride is GTX+ DCT Petrol version.
Kxar07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 14:03   #1588

Quote:

- The Kia Dealership i am enquiring at, did have a couple 2023 HTX IVT in stock, but the max discount they were able to offer was 65k. I will check with them regarding DCT variant now, but is it worth going for a Nov/Dec 2023 Mfg Vehicle, if lets say they offer a discount of 1 Lac. Obviously, i will ensure doing a proper PDI.
Aman KIA in Pune was pushing hard for Nov model & also offered 65k discount that included matching ACKO insurance price, so in reality the discount was ~17k. They only had white GTX DCT in stock (I wanted Black), & so I decided to forego of the discount and to wait a few weeks & get 2024 make instead.
1 lakh discount would have surely made me think,
sonulives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 14:28   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, i have almost made my decision to go for the Kia Seltos GT Line DCT, as opposed to IVT that i was favoring in my earlier posts. Did a lot of back and forth between Creta and Seltos and chose the latter, due to it being the more appealing car both exterior and interior wise. I tried a lot but was just not able to come to terms and in sync with the cream and old school light grey interior color scheme of the Creta, even though it does look the slightly bigger car from inside. I understand Creta has the better Ride Quality and Suspension of the two, but hopefully Seltos 18" DCT is not too far away from it. Also, i have shifted from IVT to DCT, as i prefer having EPB, ADAS and more importantly 360 Degree Camera which Seltos IVT does not provide. And also a bit of YOLO. So, make the most of it. Still having a slight concern on the back of my mind about DCT reliability over the long term, but hoping i never get on the wrong side of it. Touchwood. Was a bit concerned about the FE aspect on DCT, but i have read decent numbers here. Just dont want it to be in single digits driving in Pune City.

- Is there a perceivable difference in the Build Quality between Creta and Seltos Facelifts. Are both the same post facelifts of both cars? I did read in the Seltos Facelift Launch Training Manual about some structural changes and reinforcements done, but Creta seems to be advertising it a lot more. When i opened and closed the Door of both cars is that Creta felt a bit more solid and heavy with an assuring thud, than the Seltos. This cannot be a sole indicator of better Safety Rating. Just my personal observation.

- How is the difference in Insulation and Road Noise in both Creta and Seltos Facelifts? Are they comparable to each other?

- How are Kia Service Costs compared to a Hyundai?

I am still to drive mine on highway, but you can get 14-15KMPL(my friend has DCT Seltos), and 8.5KMPL is the lowest I have got in moderate city traffic(Yet to drive in Summers).

Although I didn't took test drive of Creta but in Seltos insulations are great. The stock JK tyres do make some noise though.(I replaced them with Continentals)

In my opinion, the build quality is more or less the same in both Seltos and Creta if we compare their latest facelifts.

Regarding 2023 model. You can go for it if you are looking to keep your car for long. And yes, PDI is important. I took my Seltos DCT December 2023 model couple weeks back. Got a nice 1L+ discount. Did PDI and test drive even before booking as car was available in their stockyard.
Flasshhhh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 14:59   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
I did an early morning office commute (Hadapsar to Chakan via old pune mumbai highway) and got 17kmpl.

During my late afternoon return on the same day I got 16kmpl. I must also add that i was driving very gently and was being extremely soft on the gas pedal.
jacob.thomas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks