Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 21:06   #1531
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
I have a checklist specifically prepared for Seltos (gathered from multiple sources, but majorly from TeamBHP), but I do not know how to PM you. If you can PM me, I can send it to you.
You could attach it to the thread here or paste it, that would be good.
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:12   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob.thomas View Post
Can you let me know which app you use to track the fuel economy data?
It's Fuelio. Adding this line for msg to be posted.
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:32   #1533

Quote:
Hi all - Those who have booked and awaiting your vehicles (2024 manufactured), wanted to know if your SA's have informed about resuming of manufacturing in 2024 and vehicles being dispatched to dealerships? Any tentative dates that they have informed?

My SA in Hyderabad tells me that there is no information from the manufacturer yet and might know about the dispatch only in mid of February.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasshhhh View Post
Congratulations!
As for price, there might be increase in price after "Budget 2024" announcement, reason can be rise in overall input costs(Tata did last year).

My accessory kit- Mats, Body cover, Tissue box, Boot window sunshade, Screen protector, Lumbar support, Key cover.
Rest all were not necessary for me personally. But the above ones are must and good to have ones. Rest you can add based on your personal use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptezhil View Post
Good evening,

I booked my car yesterday, & got an email confirmation today (from dealer customer service) which says- the actual delivery of car may happen in 13-15 weeks from booking date.

I am in no hurry to get the delivery, but just worried if - 2024 prices and post budget the prices go too much higher

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th January 2024 at 09:21. Reason: Reduced the size of quoted texts and fixed some typos.
Old 24th January 2024, 01:25   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulives View Post
I booked my car yesterday, & got an email confirmation today (from dealer customer service) which says- the actual delivery of car may happen in 13-15 weeks from booking date.

I am in no hurry to get the delivery, but just worried if - 2024 prices and post budget the prices go too much higher

The price will not increase too high. Rest assured. I booked my Seltos on 15th January(it was December 2023 one, hence, readily available), got my vehicle ready and took delivery on 18th January(will share my experience soon).

But the mail I got stated waiting period of 4 weeks. I think they do this in order to keep maximum possible time in their hands. Also, their latest pdf states maximum waiting period of 8 weeks. So, in my opinion, you will get your vehicle within 2 months.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th January 2024 at 09:21. Reason: quoted post edited, and fixed spacing for readability.
Flasshhhh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 11:10   #1535
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
But the mail I got stated waiting period of 4 weeks. I think they do this in order to keep maximum possible time in their hands. Also, their latest pdf states maximum waiting period of 8 weeks. So, in my opinion, you will get your vehicle within 2 months.
Very true. Even during the semi-conductor shortage issue, somewhere in March 2022; Kia was claiming wait time of over 6 months. However, cars were being delivered within 3-4 months flat.

Funnily, I just enquired about the Sonet FL delivery times and the same was claimed to be 7-8 weeks!
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:37   #1536

Quote:
Yes, even I think they are keeping additional buffer & will ultimately deliver it sooner, hopefully sometime in the next month!

Did you get all your accessories from the showroom or Kia? I ask this because I noticed there is a price difference. For example, the price for side step for Seltos on KIA India website is Rs. 23,759, and the showroom folks offer it at Rs.25,900!!

Last edited by Zappo : 24th January 2024 at 22:22. Reason: Quoted post fixed
Old 24th January 2024, 14:29   #1537

Good evening,

I just now received a mail from dealer, I am attaching it below. The mail mentions that the vehicle has been alloted. It says I have to pay full amount or else they will cancel. I am kind of perplexed. What should I do now. I have not spoken to SA yet. Previously he said when the vehicle is dispatched it will reach us in 2 days. Is allotment and dispatch are same? When do I get to do the PDI? Kindly help

Quote:
Greetings from KUN KIA!!!

Thank you for booking : SELTOS- Seltos GTX Plus AT 1.5 Diesel- PEWTER OLIVE (YOM - 2024)

We wish to inform you that the above vehicle has been allocated to you. The allotment date -23-01-2024.

We hereby request you to pay the balance amount within 5 working days, from the date of receipt of this mail.

In case of delay in full payment within 5 days of the receipt of this mail, the allotment will stand cancelled, and vehicle will have to be allotted to the next in line customer.

Once again, we thank you for your cooperation & assure you of our best services at all times.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th January 2024 at 20:30. Reason: Reformatting excessive bold text.
ptezhil is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th January 2024, 15:22   #1538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good evening,

I just now received a mail from dealer, I am attaching it below. The mail mentions that the vehicle has been alloted. It says I have to pay full amount or else they will cancel. I am kind of perplexed. What should I do now. I have not spoken to SA yet. Previously he said when the vehicle is dispatched it will reach us in 2 days. Is allotment and dispatch are same? When do I get to do the PDI? Kindly help.
Don't bow to their pressure tactics. Just tell them that you will transfer 2-3 lacs and balance only after you see the car physically. Meanwhile if you are taking a loan, get your loan process done and take an approval letter. You can give them this letter - the bank will then disburse the amount only when the car documents are sent for registration in your name.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th January 2024 at 20:31.
Old 24th January 2024, 16:22   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Good evening,
When do I get to do the PDI? Kindly help
[/b]
Hi Ptezhil
A question for you. Are you in a hurry for getting the car or you can wait? I mean do you have a car currently available for your daily use or this is going to be your primary car. Based on that, you can respond to the dealer.

At the time of booking of my Seltos booking itself, I had made abundantly clear to my dealer that I am not going to pay a penny over the booking amount before PDI and I did exactly that.

Coming to your situation, I feel dealer is gauging that he can get you to close before month end and he can complete a sale. I will request you to be firm and in case they don't listen, threaten to take your booking to another dealer. Since, you live in Chennai as per your profile I believe their will be other dealers also in your city. Please check with them once about waiting time or ready availability of Seltos in your required specs.
Old 24th January 2024, 18:01   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
But the mail I got stated waiting period of 4 weeks. I think they do this in order to keep maximum possible time in their hands. Also, their latest pdf states maximum waiting period of 8 weeks. So, in my opinion, you will get your vehicle within 2 months./QUOTE]

Yes, even I think they are keeping additional buffer & will ultimately deliver it sooner, hopefully sometime in the next month!

Did you get all your accessories from the showroom or Kia? I ask this because I noticed there is a price difference. For example, the price for side step for Seltos on KIA India website is Rs. 23,759, and the showroom folks offer it at Rs.25,900!!
I got my accessories from my showroom. And I can vouch for the accessories I took were at same price as mentioned on Kia website.
You should confront them regarding this difference. I think they will adjust. Or else, go for aftermarket if you are interested. I think, it will be cheaper outside.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th January 2024 at 22:19. Reason: Quoted post corrected for broken tags
Flasshhhh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 19:01   #1541
BHPian

Hello Everyone!
I recently got my Kia Seltos GTX Plus DCT in Gravity Grey.
I did my booking on 15th January for December 2023 model and hence got a nice discount.(the details of which has been conveyed in previous posts). But overall, it was really a good booking and delivery experience from Kia Jodhpur.

Accessories I opted are- Interior and boot mats, Body cover, Tissue box, Window sunshade boot, Screen protector, Lumbar support, Key cover.
I don't like chrome much, hence, nothing there. Also opted for Extended warranty.

After delivery, took car at Continentals, and got my stock tyres replaced with UC6 ones.
Each UC6 tyre costs 11k, but got 16k discount on my stock ones. Overall, paid 28k.

Previously, I was thinking whether to have PPF or not. But now, I will have it covered with PPF soon form 3M. One reason being the recent incident which happened just a day after bringing the car home. We covered the car properly with body cover at night. But, the next morning, the front of car cover was torn with bite marks and half of the cover being pulled off by our area's stray dogs.
Lucky me, that I had buttoned my cover, or else, we would have found our cover running on streets in morning.
I have also ordered a dog repellent spray. Lets see, if it works.

Now, about driving- I have done only ~100kms so far and the engine and transmission has been amazing. I have been driving manual all my life, and shifting to DCT has completely changed and brought a lot of comfort to my driving experience.

I have so far gotten a city average of 8-9KMPL in Normal mode. The Sports mode is aggressive, but I will stick to Normal mode as it is a nice balance of both, power and economy.

As for ADAS features, I have turned most of them off. The Rear Collision system has to be switched off every time the car restarts.
I will test them on highways.

Till now, I loved-
1. Auto-hold and ISG. The best technology in recent times. Its definitely worth having in a car.
2. DCT and turbo petrol engine. Its refined as hell. Previously, I used to drive a Tata car, hence, the difference felt was
3. The way instrument cluster and entertainment system has been united and fitted gives a premium feel to it. There is no lag in display and camera quality is very good.
Bose speakers personally for me are good enough.
4. ADAS features, although will be used rarely by me, are accurate and brilliantly calibrated.

Apart from these, the panoramic sunroof, Black interiors, physical button controls, ventilated seats gives nice feeling.

Overall, the love for the car has only increased after buying. Will share the experiences and journeys with you all in coming time.

Sharing some pictures with you all!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240124-4.44.11-pm.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240124-4.42.18-pm.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240124-4.42.17-pm.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240124-4.42.17-pm-1.jpeg  

Last edited by Flasshhhh : 24th January 2024 at 19:07.
Flasshhhh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 20:11   #1542

Quote:
Hello Everyone!
Wow, the car looks stunning. I am now even more eagerly waiting for mine to arrive

Previously, I was thinking whether to have PPF or not. But now, I will have it covered with PPF soon form 3M.

Before you get the PPF done, suggest you go through this thread- the real world experiences are too varied

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-remove-6.html (Horrible experience with 3M PPF | Completely deteriorated & hard to remove)

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th January 2024 at 20:32. Reason: Broken quote tag.
sonulives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 20:54   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
I planning to go with Team-BHP PDI checklist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
You could attach it to the thread here or paste it, that would be good.
Please find the PDI checklist attached here. This is specific to Seltos Facelift, please add anything that has been missed out.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx PDI Checklist_Seltos FL.xlsx (9.8 KB, 228 views)
Black Panther is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 22:03   #1544

Quote:
Please find the PDI checklist attached here. This is specific to Seltos Facelift, please add anything that has been missed out.
Thank you Black Panther. I was searching for ways to PM you, but couldn't find it. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Don't bow to their pressure tactics. Just tell them that you will transfer 2-3 lacs and balance only after you see the car physically. Meanwhile if you are taking a loan, get your loan process done and take an approval letter. You can give them this letter - the bank will then disburse the amount only when the car documents are sent for registration in your name.
Thank you Behemoth. Slowly learning these stuff and getting experienced. Yes I am going with a loan. Started to get a lots of calls regarding that. I can now Slowly understand what's happening. Thanks again.

Mod's Note: Please quote and respond to everyone at one go rather than quoting one post at a time and making multiple back to back posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
Hi Ptezhil
A question for you. Are you in a hurry for getting the car or you can wait? I mean do you have a car currently available for your daily use or this is going to be your primary car. Based on that, you can respond to the dealer.
Thanks Eragon. No I am not in a hurry, I specifically told that to SA when he pushed for 2023 make. I said I can wait, let it happen as when it happens.

Yes, I do have a Verna (Nxt Gen 2017 model). Buying Seltos for my dad. He likes the car so much, of course I too like the car. I am buying for him, want to give him the best. This is going to be a 2nd car at home.

Yes, now I can think clearly after your inputs. I am going to wait. Told the SA that, after PDI only I am going to pay. He has agreed as of now, without much fuss.

Thanks a lot for your help and to everyone replying.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th January 2024 at 20:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 25th January 2024, 00:11   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, the car looks stunning. I am now even more eagerly waiting for mine to arrive

Previously, I was thinking whether to have PPF or not. But now, I will have it covered with PPF soon form 3M.

Before you get the PPF done, suggest you go through this thread- the real world experiences are too varied

Thank you!

And yup, real world experience do varies, mostly due to 2 reasons.
One most important being the type of PPF. Older PPFs like PVC ones had major drawbacks, like cracking and paint peeling. But the latest TPU one is much advanced, although not perfect.
Second point is detailers using PVC/TPH PPF(older ones) at price of the advanced TPU-PPF, as it is hard to differentiate between them. So, its recommended to have PPF from branded, known ones.

Also, not parking in sun or using body cover helps against these long term issues.
One thing which will not happen everywhere, but sometimes do happen in 2-tier cities/towns. Some not so good people deliberately scratch the newly seen cars which are parked at not so secured places.

One of my friends bought latest Verna last year in black. It instantly becomes highlight wherever parked. He used to park in front of a trust run hospital where he works. Within a week, there were scratches. Same scene happened with my cousin.

Overall, we have to see the risk-reward ratio, which varies individual to individual.
Also, my cousin kind of knows Jodhpur 3M store owner. So, I would discuss everything with him transparently. That being said, there are drawbacks which I will keep in mind and if I opt against PPF, will surely convey here with reason.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th January 2024 at 20:35. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Flasshhhh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks