Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 20:12   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
I have booked Exter last week from Blue Hyundai Basavanagudi as well, as of now they are saying Dec is when it might come, I have told no for insurance but yet to get a confirmation from them.

When are you getting the car, please share the buying experience from them.
I am getting the car this week. I have booked the car on July 11th. Funny that the board in the showroom says that the waiting period for Exter is 72 weeks but you are promised early.

My experience with them so far is good. It is my first car buying experience and hence I do not have a benchmark to compare against. They could not match the insurance quote from outside and hence I will be buying it on my own. My SA so far is good except for few small mistakes. I was encouraged to do a PDI and was driven to their stockyard to check the car. He was patient throughout. Strangely my SA was asking me to buy the floor mats while they are included as per the brochure. Funnily, i saw the floor mats in the boot while doing the PDI. What I am yet to get clarity, is on the mud flaps. His boss says they are included in the SX(O) AMT where as, the SA says they are not.
flashgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 22:11   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post
I am getting the car this week. I have booked the car on July 11th. Funny that the board in the showroom says that the waiting period for Exter is 72 weeks but you are promised early.

My experience with them so far is good. It is my first car buying experience and hence I do not have a benchmark to compare against.
Wow, I was told 4 months waiting but he said he will try, funnily enough this is my first car as well, so no benchmark and hence these questions.

Congratulations, please post some pictures and let me know on the accessories you got?
Are you getting the extended warranty and SOT? I am considering 5 year warranty and SOT package.
Old 21st September 2023, 20:34   #153
BHPian

Dear all,

Today I took my Exter (SX AMT) to its first highway run (Jaipur to Delhi on Delhi Mumbai Expressway). It exceeded my expectation in terms of high speed, acceleration, NVH and mileage too.

I got 20.3 kmpl for first 80kms where I drove at 80kmph max speed. Then on the Expressway, I maintained consistent 100-110 kmph, the mileage I got was 17.7 kmpl.

Regarding acceleration, reaching 0 to 100 kmph was reasonably OK. Not going into 0 to 100 timing, it is as good as other cars. My other car is Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI which is a different beast altogether. But when you drive 'normally', this modest Exter is all the same. You will feel the difference only when you want to reach Delhi from Jaipur in 2 hrs. Hope you all understand what I mean

Regarding NVH, there is no comparison of 1.2P and Rapid's 1.6D. All I want to say is - God bless Petrol engines.

High speed stability was good, no nervousness at all. I used cruise control at 110 kmph for apprx 400 kms (both side).

High seating position gives good view. After 650kms drive in one day I am not feeling tired at all.

Speaker quality is average at best.

I am more than happy with the Exter and I highly recommend it to be used as a primary city car as well as a car that can be used for highway runs of 500kms in a day.

Regards,

Noopster
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Exter Review-exter-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Exter Review-exter-2.jpeg  

noopster1008 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 21:58   #154
BHPian

Good review overall as always but somehow sorely missing the drive review of AMT version, especially since this is the first time we're seeing AMT coupled with paddle shifters.
Somil07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:46   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Wow, I was told 4 months waiting but he said he will try, funnily enough this is my first car as well, so no benchmark and hence these questions.

Congratulations, please post some pictures and let me know on the accessories you got?
Are you getting the extended warranty and SOT? I am considering 5 year warranty and SOT package.
I shall post them post the delivery. I am getting the extended warranty and the SOT. I was told that there is only 4th year warranty offered on Exter for now. I am going for all possible protection covers as the model is new and the niggles could get covered in them should any major part fail in the future.
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:05   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post
I shall post them post the delivery. I am getting the extended warranty and the SOT. I was told that there is only 4th year warranty offered on Exter for now. I am going for all possible protection covers as the model is new and the niggles could get covered in them should any major part fail in the future.
Sure thanks, please do let me know on the Insurance provider and warranty so that I can check and see if same works.
Old 23rd September 2023, 15:35   #157
BHPian

Taking the delivery of SX(O) Petrol Manual Grey color tomorrow. I'd booked on 20th of July. My initial booking was SX DT Petrol Manual Ranger Khakhi but dealership told me that this particular vehicle is being produced in very low quantity and will take time to deliver. So I decided to go with SX(O) Petrol Manual Ranger Khaki color. I got the allotment in about 25 days from the booking. Just when the car was expected to reach the dealership, my better half decided against the ranger khakhi color because of all black interiors. So, changed the color to Grey on 31/8/2023.
The wait started again. Got the allotment again on 16th of September. The car reached the dealership yesterday afternoon and I did the PDI yesterday itself. After satisfying myself, made the payment then and there only. The delivery is planned for tomorrow afternoon.
Sharing one picture here:
Hyundai Exter Review-exter-first-picture.jpg
Kulvinder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 09:58   #158
BHPian

Did anyone order or buy the 3D mats for the Exter? I ordered on amazon. I got a set of mats with the vehicle but it does not seem end to end. Ordered one from amazon but returning them as the seller has just written with marker on the cover that it is for exter while the manufacturer sticker shows it as Gransd i10 Nios. I tried fitting them but the rear seats were not exact.
Old 26th September 2023, 18:33   #159
BHPian

Re: 500 kms with my black and white Hyundai Exter 1.2 SX (O) AT

Thanks for the overall review. Took a test drive today and I can share my observation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotdeva View Post
The car tends to roll back slightly, which is scary when you have someone right behind you in traffic.
The workaround we have to use now, since there is no clutch, is to slot it into D with the handbrake on, let go of the brake, allow the revs to climb a little and then release the handbrake. Still causes the car to jerk and move forward, but it's better than having the car roll back and scare the driver behind.
I tried this specific thing on a ~40 degree grade with 4 people on board. The car did stay put after leaving the brake pedal and to my surprise, it crept forward after the HOLD got disengaged without any accelerator input on that incline. I would suggest you to get it checked at A.S.S., it shouldn't roll back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotdeva View Post
City usage
Using this car in the city has been fun. Stop-and-go traffic is a breeze with the AMT, and the sound insulation really helps you stay cut-off from the outside world.
Gearbox takes a second to shift from 1st to 2nd in slow-moving traffic, and you can feel that shift taking place, but every other shift from there is butter smooth.
Second that! I found that it holds the first gear a bit longer than I would have liked for normal throttle input, almost like it tried to gauge if I need to slow down again so that it could minimize the gear shifts from 1--> 2 --> 1. Another thing, if I use paddle shift in D mode then it comes in a temporary manual mode but I couldn't understand what it takes for it to move back to D mode since it held the manual mode even when I didn't need it anymore.
Old 27th September 2023, 19:23   #160
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I had booked a Starry Night SX(O) AMT in July and they had promised delivery in 10 to 12 weeks. I did get an allotment in August but I was abroad so I had to pass. The dealership managed to get me an allotment this month, I made the full payment on 20th and the car reached the showroom today.

I completed the PDI today and I'll be taking delivery tomorrow as soon as the HSRP plates are fitted.

Sharing one picture now.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Exter Review-img20230927180813.jpg  

teknophobia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 09:01   #161

Feels nice to put up my first post on teambhp.
Had a query about how waiting period works for Hyundai and is it the same in other cities as well.
I booked an Exter SX DT AMT on 7th aug at kothari Hyundai in Pune.
I was given a reference I'd for the booking but after that am just told they will get back once there is some update from Hyundai and they cannot call out any specific week/month , let aside date for delivery.

I have heard some other companies like Mahindra give end customers an app and exact date of delivery through it. Not sure why Hyundai can't give an appropriate week for the delivery. It's anyway understood that it will be approximate, but atleast will give some idea to the buyer.

Am bit confused till when am supposed to wait, or should I just start looking for other options (looking at sonet or fronx) if this wait is going to be on and on and on.
Old 28th September 2023, 15:30   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
I had booked a Starry Night SX(O) AMT in July and they had promised delivery in 10 to 12 weeks. I did get an allotment in August but I was abroad so I had to pass. The dealership managed to get me an allotment this month, I made the full payment on 20th and the car reached the showroom today.

I completed the PDI today and I'll be taking delivery tomorrow as soon as the HSRP plates are fitted.

Sharing one picture now.

Nice looking with all those accessories. Please provide detail cost of each accessory you bought.

Also I request all EXTER owners to post interior/dashboard pics as well since some colors come with lighter (dual tone) interiors compared to all black interiors offered in certain colors.
Old 28th September 2023, 15:59   #163
BHPian

Don't recall the exact names, but hood scoops, door cladding and guard, front and rear scoops, 7d mats and seat covers.

Honestly,the hood scoops completely change the look of the car, even the showroom people loved it.

The prices are there in the hyundai mobis catalogue.

https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/genuine-accessories

Last edited by teknophobia : 28th September 2023 at 16:06. Reason: Added link
teknophobia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 14:59   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post
... Another thing, if I use paddle shift in D mode then it comes in a temporary manual mode but I couldn't understand what it takes for it to move back to D mode since it held the manual mode even when I didn't need it anymore.
You just need to give it a few seconds, it automatically goes back to auto mode after a bit of time.
teknophobia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 00:56   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post

Another thing, if I use paddle shift in D mode then it comes in a temporary manual mode but I couldn't understand what it takes for it to move back to D mode since it held the manual mode even when I didn't need it anymore.
To move back to D mode , do one of the following:
1. Pull and hold (+)paddle shifter.
Or
2. Shift the gear to D.

Also Manual mode changes to Automatic mode
1. If Accelerator is gently pressed for more than 6 seconds.
2. If the vehicle speed decreases below 7 km/h.

Details are available in the owner's manual ( pg no 6-24).
kvsneela is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed