Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2023, 02:49   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Looking at the price of the 5 door Jimny, it is unlikely that we will get a corresponding Toyota version (as it will push prices further North). But it would be cool if Toyota launches the 3 door version of the Jimny in India.
Jimny and Fortuner are off limits for the cross batching deal between Suzuki and Toyota.

I like the way the underseat active subwoofer is installed.
He has made it water wading friendly by attaching it under the driver's seat above the floor level.
https://nomadic-escapade.site/jimny-speakers-upgrade/
Please comment on how it can be done more efficiently.
Thank you.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th July 2023 at 05:39. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
ecosport rules is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:14   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Drove an upgraded JIMNY in the Ghats

As a Thar owner, I was curious to experience the Jimny in India ever since the launch date. I recently h
Lovely to hear this. Extremely logical and functional upgrades!
Is there a possibility of sharing the pricing of these products used for the upgrade?
It will benefit others a lot.

The Jimny is terribly tempting for me. And these upgrades evidently will only make it much better! I am presently too fundamentally attached to my Gypsy to want to do the logical thing and exchange it for the Jimny.
But I still am keenly interested in the pricing of these logical functional upgrades.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 10:24   #1338
BHPian

It seems people have fallen in love with Jimny. It has not been long since its launch but you see many Jimnies out on the road. It seems smaller than gypsy on the road, boxy and kind of a small toy car compared to Thar. You will not be able to muscle your way on the road in Jimny like the way you do in Thar but definitely you can squeeze it in tiny gaps where Thar with its size will not be able to enter. Lookwise, it is very boxy and yellow is the most visible color in the Jimny stable.
autobahnjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:01   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Update for my last post on how dealerships are putting condition to buy accessories worth 75k to get the delivery of the Jimny:

Apart from uploading the call recording audio clip on YouTube, I have also tweeted it marking MSIL, NEXAexperience, Mr. Shashank Srivastava etc. Yesterday
Apart from the tweet, I would also recommend raising a complaint through their website. The link for the same is https://www.nexaexperience.com/contact-complaint.
Usually, Maruti has a time window to close these complaints raised through their website, and the company usually tracks it to the closure. I had a positive experience earlier, when the complaint was raised through their website, when direct communication with the sales and service team was not fruitful.
sreejithkk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:02   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in love with the beige white color on the Jimny. Very fetching.

I found these real pictures rather funny.

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230712wa0000.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230712wa0005.jpg

One of them shared by forum member and dear friend Nasirkaka who was keen on buying one. The Jimny, not either of the TATAs.

Now he's confused.
Red Liner is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:08   #1341
BHPian

Drive impressions shared by Jaideep for the Jimny modified with 2 inch lift kit and 31 inch tyres !

VivekWalia1986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:48   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Lovely to hear this. Extremely logical and functional upgrades!
Is there a possibility of sharing the pricing of these products used for the upgrade?
It will benefit others a lot.

The Jimny is terribly tempting for me. And these upgrades evidently will only make it much better! I am presently too fundamentally attached to my Gypsy to want to do the logical thing and exchange it for the Jimny.
But I still am keenly interested in the pricing of these logical functional upgrades.
Hi Shankar, the Jimny will be a great replacement for the Gypsy as it offers similar qualities of reliability, ease of maintenance & all the benefits of a compact 4x4 in a modern package.

Sharing below list of upgrades/accessories & prices offered by AM Racing for the Jimny:
1) Tanabe Japan adjustable suspension -- 1,45,000
2) Tanabe Japan front strut brace -- 28,000
3) Tanabe Japan front adjustable lateral rod -- 27,000
4) Tanabe Japan rear adjustable lateral rod -- 29,000
5) 4 x Enkei Japan RPT1 wheels 16*6j et0 -- 1,50,000
6) 235/70 R16 tyres -- 40,000
7) Fujitsubo Japan axleback bolt on exhaust -- 75,000
8) Tanabe Japan steering damper -- 28,000

Note: I'm not affiliated with AM Racing, merely sharing these details in case anyone needs further information. I have taken permission from AM Racing before sharing these details. All items mentioned here are inclusive of GST. Prices subject to change based on date of import. Installation & shipping charges will be additional.

Last edited by Nair.V8 : 12th July 2023 at 11:49.
Nair.V8 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 12:13   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Hi Shankar, the Jimny will be a great replacement for the Gypsy as it offers similar qualities of reliability, ease of maintenance & all the benefits of a compact 4x4 in a modern package.
I have taken permission from AM Racing before sharing these details. All items mentioned here are inclusive of GST. Prices subject to change based on date of import. Installation & shipping charges will be additional.
Superb info many thanks indeed Brother!

In my book, the priority functional upgrades from this list are;

1) Tanabe Japan adjustable suspension -- 1,45,000
2) Tanabe Japan front strut brace -- 28,000
3) Tanabe Japan front adjustable lateral rod -- 27,000
4) Tanabe Japan rear adjustable lateral rod -- 29,000

6) 235/70 R16 tyres -- 40,000 (Personally I would prefer, if at all, the 215’s but if this set of suspension and damper upgrades allows for adequate lift and has no impact on the steering geometry, then yes, 235’s should be good. But these will require changing out the wheels and adding another 1.5 lacs of cost.)

8) Tanabe Japan steering damper -- 28,000

So in a nutshell, if a Bangalore based buyer were to do the math, it will cost 18.36 lacs for the Jimny on road plus 3 lacs for these functional upgrades plus shipping plus installation.

Thanks for this info. It is really handy.
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 12:44   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any recent update on how the manual variant is to drive? The general feedback is that the clutch is not that light and the gear shifts are notchy. Anything else? Is automatic really the way to go (price difference of 95K)?
I have not been able to find a manual variant TD in Gurgaon.

P.S: My personal choice would be the base Zeta variant in Nexa blue with minimal accessories. Keep it stock and rugged. With the idea of keeping it forever, I think the fewer the electronics the better it is. Also, those steel wheels are absolutely .
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 13:10   #1345
Senior - BHPian

3door suspension kits on 5door

All suspension kits currently available are developed for the Jimny 3door. I hope revised suspension kits will be available for the 5door Jimny once it hits the Japanese/Australian shores later this year. The rear spring and damper rates may be revised for the 5door Jimny's 110Kg GVW increase over the 3door JB74. The australian 3door suspension kits may have accounted for the increased weight of loading up with accessories for their overlanding culture. But still I would wait for "validation" from either of these two markets as to whether the current 3door kits are OK for the 5door or if its going to be revised and that would probably take another year. No hurry.

PS: For the 110Kg GVW increase Suzuki upgraded the front brakes of the 5door Jimny using ventilated discs, the 3door Jimny (JB64 & JB74) gets thin solid front discs.
Sankar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 16:58   #1346
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please don't spend big bucks on suspension upgrades just for the heck of it. Us Thar owners have spent a lakh on aftermarket suspensions, only because the stock Thar is unbearably bumpy. But the Jimny rides much better than the pogostick Thar. The Jimny is easier to live with.

Based on posts I am seeing from Senior BHPians, there is absolutely no need to spend in the 6-figures on an aftermarket suspension for the Jimny. Stick with OEM as much as possible. You get warranty support, OEM reliability & cheaper replacement costs.

Last edited by GTO : 12th July 2023 at 17:17.
GTO is offline   (89) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 18:06   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, any recent update on how the manual variant is to drive? The general feedback is that the clutch is not that light and the gear shifts are notchy. Anything else? Is automatic really the way to go (price difference of 95K)?
I have not been able to find a manual variant TD in Gurgaon.

P.S: My personal choice would be the base Zeta variant in Nexa blue with minimal accessories. Keep it stock and rugged. With the idea of keeping it forever, I think the fewer the electronics the better it is. Also, those steel wheels are absolutely .
The manual has far fewer takers in this day and age and one can’t blame people, given the traffic conditions. But we think alike - keep it stock and keep it working. For whatever it’s worth, here’s what I feel about my MT Zeta-

It’s easy to live with in-town and on highways. The notchy shift is beginning to ease up (or I’m getting used to it). The clutch is just fine. Any lighter and it probably wouldn’t have been able to handle the heavier lifting the Jimny is capable of. The engine is tractable and doesn’t want too much shifting in the city. Pulls clean from 40 kmph even in 5th, indicating how the torque is loaded early on and spread decently up to the midrange. The top end is expectedly gutless and it’s the same in the AT, if more so.

Having said that, the AT does make it easier to live with about town. It’s a smooth box and reliable too. I simply chose the MT for that extra cog (doesn’t really make too much of a diff at 100), and the concept of having one car in the garage that’s analogue and virtually indestructible.

Hope that helps.
SUVolens is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 19:22   #1348
BHPian

Re: 3door suspension kits on 5door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
But still I would wait for "validation" from either of these two markets as to whether the current 3door kits are OK for the 5door or if its going to be revised and that would probably take another year.
Ironman have multiple spring and suspension options, heavy rated one can accommodate winch and a bull bar. I have talked to the official Ironman Indian dealer and as per them the installations are done as per the instructions based on the AU team and necessary data shared with AU team for verification. Since these kits sold in India comes with warranty, their recommendations for suspension and spring will be based on inputs from AU team. While I agree we may see another variation of springs later when it hit AU shores from Ironman, ARB (OME), and ToughDog (the only one who offer foamcell from AU I guess), as things stands for those who goes with stock bumpers and no overlanding gears will be safely able to use the Ironman medium rated springs, they will be able handle loads upto 50KG. And it's the same thing the UAE dealer told me when I enquired about using it on 5 door. The good thing about Ironman kit is it comes with the steering damper which I feel is a must change for those who are upgrading to 235's or bigger.

In general Ironman and ARB Nitro Gas shocks are on the stiffer side and once changed I believe comfort offered by the stock suspension will be compromised to great extent and obviously with bigger tyres. So anyone who is looking to upgrade the suspension and worry about comfort should first feel how these suspensions behave on road.
GT145 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:03   #1349
BHPian

Jimny with ROADCRUZA RA1100 - 235/75/R15 Tyres

VivekWalia1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:38   #1350
Senior - BHPian

My Nexa Blue Jimny Alpha AT arrived home today. The missus could pick delivery and drive home. I somehow had to be at a different city on business and didn’t want to push out the delivery date. Can’t wait to get home and drive.

Noob question - I see most here changing the tyres on day 0 of acquiring the Jimny. For reasons known not even to me, I somehow find the stock ones quite ok. Though I loved the steel wheels, I had to pick the Alpha for the additional feature list. I have no intention of changing tyres or suspension or any such mods. I do enjoy offroads once a while. I presume that’s good enough for mild off-roading fun.
jkrishnakj is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks