Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 04:51   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Quick question: Folks who have installed the door visor accessory that goes over the windows. What has the impact been like? Wind noise? Did it serve the purpose you got it for?
I had these on my earlier Hardtop Gypsy and indeed they are useful keeping the drizzle and rain at bay, considering that the Gypsy doesn't have an AC and one usually drives with the windows down. I havent installed them on the soft top Gypsy just to keep it as authentic as possible but maybe I ought to.

I use these on my Thar and yes they definitely help keep the rain at bay. It doesnt contribute heavily to the wind whistle factor either as per my estimation.

We also have installed these on my Dad’s Glanza and again it helps keep the rain at bay. Even in the Glanza despite it being a more streamlined car we have not observed wind whistle because of these visors.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 08:57   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Some more pics. To me, it is the most tastefully modified Jimny so far. I have no affiliation with them. Sharing as seen on Instagram.

Attachment 2472183

Attachment 2472184
Looks real nice. Are those Method 703 wheels?
Old 6th July 2023, 09:14   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Looks real nice. Are those Method 703 wheels?
They are Evo Corse DakarZero. As far as I know Method doesn't have a dealer in India. With the changes to alloy wheel import restrictions we may not see these imported wheels on Indian shores going forward.
GT145 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 10:32   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

From Auto sales - June 2023

Mahindra Thar - 3899
Maruti Jimny - 3071

Maruti reaping success with its new launches.

Name:  Screenshot 20230706 103153.png
Views: 909
Size:  75.9 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 10:33   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
They are Evo Corse DakarZero. As far as I know Method doesn't have a dealer in India. With the changes to alloy wheel import restrictions we may not see these imported wheels on Indian shores going forward.
The news said anti-dumping duties be levied for the wheels originating from China, South Korea and Thailand to be extended until April 2019. Then the August 2022 amendment says anti-dumping duties be levied on wheels originating or exported from PRC. Thailand and South Korea is not mentioned in the amendment.

DakarZero is made in italy. It would be unfair if anti-dumping duties are levied on european made alloys. Also note that Japan was not on the original list of restricted countries, and high end wheels coming from Japan should not be put under anti-dumping laws.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 11:17   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
I was luckly to get Jimny AT from RBTS Chandigarh for my Leh, Hanle trip....

What I don't like
  • Jimny is underpowered and very much noticeable while crossing passes like Poti La (18,124ft) , Tanglang La (17,480ft). Small uphill also, it shifts to 2nd gear and starts whining.
  • Overpriced for a size of WagonR and engine of Brezza. 18.6L OTR Bangalore is not worth it after spending closely 12 days with Jimny.
  • Missing basic features like bottle holders in doors (not even in front) , driver seat height added inconvenience in our long trip.
  • I was not able to find perfect driving position and my left knee was rubbing against centre console.
  • 40L fuel tank capacity is too low and was getting ~350KM range + reserve. Thar gets 57L and has better range.
Nyoma
Attachment 2471847
Lovely pics, especially the dog and the last landscape - proper wall paper material.

I read most Jimny reviews talk about a very compromised vehicle. It seems a few areas better than another compromised vehicle, the Thar.

Rather than putting such huge money on cars which doesn't excel, why can't customers buy something like the Scorpio / XUV / Fortuner for that money, from the used market!! Those are much lesser compromised than Jimny for similar money (pre-owned samples). Depending on the market, even Endeavours and Pajeros land for such prices.
swiftnfurious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:45   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Lovely pics, especially the dog and the last landscape - proper wall paper material.

I read most Jimny reviews talk about a very compromised vehicle. It seems a few areas better than another compromised vehicle, the Thar.

Rather than putting such huge money on cars which doesn't excel, why can't customers buy something like the Scorpio / XUV / Fortuner for that money, from the used market!! Those are much lesser compromised than Jimny for similar money (pre-owned samples). Depending on the market, even Endeavours and Pajeros land for such prices.
I agree to most of the points you put forward but Jimny is a good package, overall.
When one considers Jimny as a 4th generation(latest gen) Gypsy things start falling in place ,they have done a fantastic job.
I have bought the Jimny because of my undying love for Gypsy and I am loving it.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th July 2023 at 12:47.
ecosport rules is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 13:03   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
I was luckly to get Jimny AT from RBTS Chandigarh for my Leh, Hanle trip.
Superb background for Jimny. What tyres and size are you using?
Old 6th July 2023, 13:33   #1254
One
BHPian

Quote:

I can personally think of a few reasons:
- Hassle of finding Used vs New
- Rate of Interest of Used vs New if outright purchase is not possible (which happens to be a lot)
- Perception of Used vs New
- Ease of maneuvering a smaller vehicle both in cities and in hills
- Cost of Servicing a used Scorpio/ XUV/ Fortuner vs new Maruti

There are many use cases I will go for a vehicles like Jimny over used larger vehicles

Last edited by One : 6th July 2023 at 13:34.
One is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 13:50   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
DakarZero is made in italy. It would be unfair if anti-dumping duties are levied on european made alloys.
I was referring to the BIS certification requirement for alloy imports. At least that's what a couple of dealers told me when I enquired on few options for Jimny. As per the dealers they can't import wheels after June 23rd.
GT145 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 13:55   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cannot speak for everyone, but I think most who has eyes for a Jimny buy it simply because they don't want a large SUV, used or new. The USP of the Jimny is its diminutive size enabled with 4WD, which has its advantages and is one of a kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
I was referring to the BIS certification requirement for alloy imports. At least that's what a couple of dealers told me when I enquired on few options for Jimny. As per the dealers they can't import wheels after June 23rd.
Ohk! This is new, I was not aware of this.

Last edited by Sankar : 6th July 2023 at 13:57.
Sankar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:14   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
I was luckly to get Jimny AT from RBTS Chandigarh for my Leh, Hanle trip.
How comfortable it was to cross state borders with Temp number plate and i am counting that you were able to get Fastag without permanent registration

Quote:
I hunted for a reliable - with service record - reasonably priced DCT Seltos in NCR for almost 5 months and trust me most of the cars i saw (via references) had some or the other issues - to name a few - atleast 1 panel repainted but not disclosed (bumpers i am not even counting) - missed / delayed service history / mismatch in 4 tyres brand / manufacturing dates - in fact most of the were sent to FNG post expiry of standard warranty - So finally i gave up and settled for Venue last week - but now i have complete piece of mind

Last edited by Sheel : 6th July 2023 at 16:03. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Ashdel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:31   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
why can't customers buy something like the Scorpio / XUV / Fortuner for that money, from the used market!! ...

even Endeavours and Pajeros land for such prices.
Thought-provoking - If you had a Pajero\Endy\Fortuner in your garage and also a Jimny - which one would you most often head out with ?
RoadFiend is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 15:17   #1259
BHPian

Skip video to 10:45 ! Overlanding Setup for Jimny can not be done on the roof rails provided by Nexa..Video is just to let us know how Overlanding will look on Jimny !!

Last edited by VivekWalia1986 : 6th July 2023 at 15:23.
VivekWalia1986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 16:12   #1260
Senior - BHPian

This is the best looking snorkel for the Jimny,the small quarter panel behind the bonnet is replaced by the ABS part of the snorkel.
Loved the way it has come out.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20230706wa0094.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230706wa0096.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th July 2023 at 16:14.
ecosport rules is offline   (28) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks